Start by marking “Pearl's Number (Number #2)” as Want to Read:
Pearl's Number (Number #2)

Pearl's Number

(Number #2)

Evalene Vandereth’s adventure continues in the fast-paced second installment of the Number Series.

Evalene struggles to adjust to un-Numbered life, along with the rest of Eden. But the moment she learns her mother is still alive, it doesn’t matter anymore.

Discovering Pearl Vandereth was smuggled out of the country during a failed rebellion ten years ago shakes Evalene’s
Published November 13th 2018 by Grace House Press (first published 2018)

To ask other readers questions about Pearl's Number, please sign up.
Bethany Atazadeh I'm trying to be more active on goodreads now, so I just saw this - I decided not to use Kickstarter because preorders seemed more effective at the ti…moreI'm trying to be more active on goodreads now, so I just saw this - I decided not to use Kickstarter because preorders seemed more effective at the time. But I'm not ruling it out for the future, it's a fun way to give readers a little extra and create unique merch for the event!(less)

Start your review of Pearl's Number (Number #2)
Holly Davis
Feb 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
What a rollercoaster ride Pearl's Number takes us on! I was impressed with all of the worldbuilding and political/moral dilemmas encountered throughout Evie's journey. I LOVED the two parallel romance subplots that went their own paths and were weaved perfectly amidst the action and tension of all the fight and escape scenes. The first half was a little slow, as there were a lot of chapters that ended with the characters falling asleep and the next chapter they'd be waking up, but that quickly w ...more
Lilian
Mar 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is definitely an interesting series! I think it's appropriate for younger kids (8-10 y.o.) because the writing is more simple. There are also a couple of plot points and the way the main characters think sometimes just isn't fleshed out well. That aside, I did enjoy it (the overall plot was excellently done and it's definitely something I wish I'd read during elementary or middle school) and I think I would've loved it even more if it had been fleshed out more and edited better.

something to
Ron Andrews
Aug 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I am really loving this series. Great stories can't wait to read more books by Bethany.
Mandi Lynn
Sep 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I think I loved this book more than the first! I couldn’t put the book down!
Renee Dugan
Nov 13, 2018 rated it really liked it
Maverick Moses
Mar 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
This sequel of Bethany Atazadeh’s debut novel was filled with adventure, shock, intrigue, and even a little bit of romance.

Bethany did an amazing job helping the reader connect personally with each character. Just like Evalalene’s Number, Pearl’s Number is written in third person but chapters are broken up by the viewpoints of Evalene and Jeremiah. We see these characters develop further by not only getting an insight into their thoughts and emotions, but also getting to see them through each o
Kirie-Lea
Apr 22, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2020-reads
Shortly after finishing Evalene's number, I had to pick up the sequel. Be sure to check that out aswell.
As always my reviews will no contain spoilers!

While the beginning of the story struggled to hook me straight off the back, unlike Evalene's Number did, I still thoroughly enjoyed the book. The twists and turns the author takes the characters (and us the readers) on are exciting, you feel immersed within the story and their world.

There was two parts of the book that I did guess before they ha
John Jeng
Nov 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I got an ARC of this book, but it doesn't officially release until 11/13/2018.

Pearl's Number is the second book of the Number series, and you're probably here because you read Evalene's Number. Evalene leaves Eden, the setting of the first book and goes looking for her mother Pearl in the Divided States. Pearl was a rebel in the Bloom Rebellion, but when the rebellion was quashed, she had to run for it. That's why Evalene got the number she got: her mother's a renegade!

This book reminded me of L
Grace Herbst
Feb 22, 2020 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: dystopian
Joey Paul
Dec 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I read the first book in this series recently and was super excited to be able to pre-order Pearl's Number. I read it almost as soon as it was out, and I was so happy with where the story started. It picked up with Evalene and her friends about six months after the first book ended. With the knowledge that her mother is alive, what can she do but go look for her. The story was a page-turner, bringing you from chapter to chapter, wondering whether she and her friends will survive, if love will bl ...more
Ellen
Dec 22, 2019 rated it liked it
I think book one was a little better than this one. I got lost in the landscape and it was less interesting than the first, but I can see how Atazadeh's skill as a writer is developing. I'm looking forward to picking up more of her books in the future.

As Evelene takes her place in reforming Eden's government, she learns a startling rumor: her mother may be alive in the Divided States. Slavery is alive and well and some are sacrificed to benefit the vanity of others. In a quest to save her mother
Amber D
Dec 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Its not often that I read a book in one day. When I do, that can only tell you one thing it's amazing. From the moment I opened this book I was hook. Bethany did an amazing job creating this world making it easy to see in my mind. The twist and turns in the book are amazing and left you guessing with an unexpected but emotionally beautiful ending. Well done!
Valerie Wheeler
Nov 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Pearl’s Number was such an exciting read! Author Bethany Atazadeh’s writing really shined in this sequel, completely pulling me in and transporting me into one of the most thought out and intriguing worlds I’ve read. From the plot, to the setting, and to the characters everything was fascinating and fun to read. I seriously can not recommend “The Number Series” enough!!!
Steve
Oct 20, 2020 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
A little too much focus on the budding romances of the characters for my taste, and in that way I enjoyed the first book more... but that said, it was an interesting story with and ending I didn't see coming. The pacing was fast and engaging.
Amber DeYoung
Jan 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2019-complete
Read in 3 days flat, again.

Just like with her first book when I started reading this I had not completed a full cover to cover read in over six months… This story pulled me in so quickly I read the whole thing in three days! Can’t wait for the third… there better be one.
Anne MacTavish
Dec 09, 2018 rated it really liked it
This book had just as much going on as the Evalene's Number and was non-stop from beginning to end. I really enjoyed all of the various twists and turns in this story and to FINALLY get to see all the love interests get somewhere! If you enjoyed the first book, you need to check this one out.
Kaylee Johnston
Nov 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
OMG. Bethany did an amazing job with this one! I know sequels are so hard to write, but this one kept me entertained, reminded me of the original story with just enough detail where I didn't get bored and kept me enthralled the entire time! I could NOT put this one down. I HIGHLY recommend.
Liz Henderson
May 07, 2020 rated it liked it
An enjoyable sequel to Evalene's Number. Kept me on the edge of my seat with the twists and turns.
Dahlia Burroughs
Review to come!
Storm Jarvis
Apr 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The series was really great and actually wish there was a third book. The ending g was beautiful and I was so excited at how they finished up. I would really love to see this story continue.
Rosa S
Apr 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This sequel is action-packed until the very end. It's an excellent conclusion to the number series.
Heather Kirchhoff
Nov 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Pearl's Number is amazing. I was hooked from the beginning. I wasn't expecting half of what happened either. This series is definitely a must read.
Peggy Spencer
Feb 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2019
This is the second book, and the final one, in the Numbers duology.
I can see the growth in the authors writing style and voice, and this book tossed in some loops that I didn't see coming. Which I appreciate, being a well-read person!
I'd recommend this to anyone who loves dystopian, although it's not the normal type for the genre.
I appreciate that it pushes the genre molds here and there.
I also REALLY loved the slow burn romance, and when I say slow...I mean SLOW! It was wonderful to see that
Nita
Katie
Mar 18, 2019
Giovanni
Dec 07, 2019

• The Game of Lives (The Mortality Doctrine, #3)
  • The Rule of Thoughts (The Mortality Doctrine, #2)
  • Beautiful Demons (The Shadow Demons Saga #1)
  • 100 Days of Sunlight
  • In A Mirror (The Brittany & Charli Series #1)
  • The Princess Companion: A Retelling of The Princess and the Pea (The Four Kingdoms, #1)
  • Robot Army
  • Shatter the Suns (Last Star Burning, #2)
  • Jada Sly, Artist & Spy
  • War of Storms (Ryogan Chronicles, #3)
  • Brawler
  • Void Born (Stones of Terrene #2)
  • Borrowed
  • Saving Death
  • The Fever Code (The Maze Runner, #5)
  • Fire & Flood (Fire & Flood, #1)
  • Salt & Stone (Fire & Flood, #2)
  • Search and Destroy
Bethany Atazadeh is a Minnesota-based author of YA novels and non-fiction. She graduated from Northwestern College in 2008 with a Bachelor of Arts degree in English with a writing emphasis. After graduation, she pursued songwriting, recording, and performing with her band, and writing was no longer a priority. But in 2016, she was inspired by the NaNoWriMo challenge to write a novel in 30 days, an ...more

Number (2 books)
  • Evalene's Number (Number #1)