Start by marking “I Know Everything” as Want to Read:
I Know Everything

I Know Everything

A psychologist grapples with his own sanity as murder evidence mounts against him.

Police investigator Susan Adler is ready to close the book on a deadly car accident, but after the medical examiner discovers evidence of foul play, she knows she has a murder on her hands. The victim was the wealthy wife of Randall Brock, a renowned psychologist who treats patients with dist
Kindle Edition
Published August 6th 2019 by Thomas & Mercer

Linda
Yowzers!

Like feeling the sharp sting of a taut rubber band aimed at your sensitive skin.....again and again and again.

Ya know that Matthew Farrell doesn't believe in carousel rides. I Know Everything will be heavy on the psychosis sauce. But who exactly is serving it up and who exactly is partaking with spoon at the ready?

Dr. Randall Brock has been partnered with Dr. Peter Reems since their early days at NYU. Both are successful psychologists in the psychiatry department at Quarim University Ho
Erin Clemence
Apr 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: kindle, first-reads
Thanks to NetGalley and the publisher for a free, electronic ARC of this novel received in exchange for an honest review.

Late one night, Amanda Brock’s car goes off the road, in what is initially assumed to be a tragic accident. However, when Inspector Susan Adler and her partner, Tommy, look further, they make the decision that Amanda was murdered before going off the road and that they are now looking at a murder investigation. Of course, the first suspect is her husband, local psychologist D
Monika Sadowski
Aug 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love books like this one. A lot of unknowns, turns and surprises. Fast past thriller with good detective work and people with some mental disorders. Susan Adler and Randall Brock are likable characters. I couldn’t put this book down until I knew who killed who.

*I received a copy of this book from the publisher, via NetGalley, in exchange for a fair review.
Katie
Jul 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Woah!

This book was a crazy ride. I was absolutely hooked from the get-go and can honestly say I could never have predicted this ending.

I Know Everything follows the mysterious murder of a woman and the police officers who investigate her case. As the husband looks more and more likely to be the prime suspect, his side of the story will definitely having you second guessing.

The beauty of this book is the psychological aspect behind the story. A side story looks at psychiatrists who are working w
Alecia
Aug 18, 2019 rated it liked it
I won this book in a Goodreads giveaway, and that is a good thing. I am giving this 3 stars rounded up from 2.5 as I did finish it and it was not a bad read. It is full of red herrings (that I guessed most of the time) and dependence on mental illness as a plot device. The writing was just OK, the characterizations were rather flat, and the plot line attempted some trickiness that did not resonate with me. Most of the reviews are very good, so perhaps it was just not for me.
Jessica Berry
Mar 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: galleywars
Buddy Gott
Jul 22, 2019 rated it really liked it
I've been curious about Matthew Farrell ever since I heard a lot of acclaim for him after the release of his first novel, WHAT HAVE YOU DONE. Well, one thing I personally haven't done yet is read that book, but I plan to get to it soon - especially since he impressed me so much here with his second novel, I KNOW EVERYTHING.

I read a lot of mysteries and thrillers and I'm a little picky about them. This makes me sometimes cautious with books by authors that I've never read before. If I begin read
Christine Marie
Mar 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
Thank you Netgalley for the chance to read this book prior to its release in exchange for my honest opinion. 4.5 stars
Wow, what a gripped twisting tale. I can’t lie at first I expect this novel to be cut and dry type of plot. Boy was I wrong! The twists and turns. It made me want to keep reading to find out if my prediction was right or wrong. Who was the murderer, typically I am not wrong and I can see where the story is going. This novel got me a few times changing pace going in a few differen
Debi Hawkes
Jul 28, 2019 rated it liked it
In all fairness to this book, it is probably a better book than I am giving it credit for.

I have not liked the last 5 books I've read, which really, what are the odds on that? So I'm thinking it's me and not the books.
Achour
Jun 06, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: e-books, rec
“I Know Everything” is a page-turner and breathtaking novel.

We follow Susan Adler, a brilliant Police Investigator, who is investigating a deadly car accident. Medical exams led to evidence that the victim was murdered and the crime was disguised in car accident. The victim was the wealthy wife of Randall Brock, a psychiatrist who studies and treats patients with antisocial behaviour. Actually Randall Brock has himself a psychiatric story…..

The plot is well developed and the characters are well
Sharon C
Apr 17, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I had very mixed feelings about I Know Everything. Just 10% or so into the book, I thought about quitting because I thought I knew exactly where it was heading and I wasn't interested. I was very, very wrong. This is a very twisty, extremely dark mystery/thriller that starts with a fatal car crash and then spirals into madness. It turned out to be a page-turner, a well-written thrill ride. The conclusion was a bit too contrived for me, but overall, a good read.

Joann
Aug 14, 2019 rated it liked it
I read this author's first book and enjoyed it much more. This one was sort of all over the place for me, especially with what the professors were doing. I will admit there were a lot of twists and turns but all in all it was not outstanding for me. A 3 star.
Lisa Whitehead Murray
Aug 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
This book took off a little slow, but the Devil is in the details. Everything is important. I figured out The Whodunnit several times... and I was wrong several times. Then I was like whaaat, and I was like No way... and I was like holy mother of.... it was twisted and gripping and a definite page turner!
Kevin Lucia
Jul 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
Incredibly readable, twisty, turny, and pretty clever red-herrings. Full review soon on CDonline.
Helena#bookdreamer
Thank you netgalley for providing this ARC in exchange for an honest review.
This was a chilling mystery,thriller that had me on my toes and reminded me of the movie Shutter Island. Randall is a psychiatrist working on helping mentally ill patients overcome their urge to kill. What you don't expect is the doctor's own mental state and the twist and turns this novel takes as it works to unravel the truth. Expertly done with right amount of suspense and intrigue.
April A.  Taylor
Jun 15, 2019 rated it liked it
This book didn’t capture my attention right away like the author’s last book, but I did end up invested in the characters and the story.

There were several twists and red herrings introduced that will probably work for many readers. Unfortunately, none of them were a big surprise for me, which made the book too predictable for my liking. Despite that, the author’s writing style was solid enough for me to derive some enjoyment from reading the story, and I’d definitely be willing to give his next
Marnie | Once Upon a Time Book Blog
This book is amazeballs! Talk about being thrown in from the get go! I couldn’t flip the pages fast enough on my kindle to read more. A well written, researched and crafted thriller that had me reading well into the morning! Make sure you are prepared for this, as once you start you won’t be able to stop reading this! If you love a story full of twists and turns, then this is definitely the book for you.

The plot of the story is one full of mystery and suspense. It looks like any other tragic car
Monty
Mar 14, 2019 rated it it was ok
Many thanks to NetGalley, publisher Thomas & Mercer, and author Matthew Farrell for this ARC in exchange for an honest review!

All that psychologist Randall Brock values in his life begins to dissolve after his wife, a wealthy philanthropist and the love of his life, perishes in a car accident. Police Investigator Susan Adler finds evidence of foul play, and as she delves deeper into case, she unravels long-buried secrets of everyone involved.
I find myself on the fence with this novel. The c
Marianne
Mar 07, 2019 rated it liked it
3.5
Interesting concept and well written. I didn’t realize this book is piggybacking on the author’s previous book - What Have You Done. It’s not critical that you read the first book though it does come to play in the epilogue. I had to do a bit of sleuthing to figure out the reference and once I did it was an appreciated tidbit.

This book has a nice amount of surprises, twists and red herrings. Some things I saw coming, most I did not. It’s a pretty dark story full of some pretty evil character
Jessica
Aug 01, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Police investigator, Susan Adler, is investigating a deadly car accident. Everything about the case looks like it was accidental, but as the medical examiner takes over it becomes clear that this was actually a murder. The victim was was the wealthy wife of Randall Brock, a local psychiatrist working to treat patients with brutal, disturbing instincts. The husband is always a suspect and in this case Randall is working his way into the slot of suspect number one.

Randall Brock knows he’s a suspec
Kath
Aug 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
Well, this book took me all round the houses and back again! It delivered shock after shock, twist upon twist as it built up the layers of intrigue, leaving me reeling at the end.
We meet Dr Randall Brock and his partner Dr Peter Reems as they pioneer a new treatment for violent offenders. They are struggling with funding and credibility though but remain positive. Brock's wife Amanda is head of a very successful non-profit and he takes a rare night off to attend a gala honour ceremony being held
Bailee
Jun 22, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
*I received a free E-Book from NetGalley in exchange for an honest review

I Know Everything is a dual POV adult murder mystery. After a night out at a local fundraiser, Russell Brock’s wife has died in a car crash. However, after further examination from Detective Susan Adler, it is discovered she had been murdered. Russell is devastated, and even worse he’s the prime suspect in his wife’s murder. Detective Adler is determined to find out the truth, and the truth may lie in the past. It becomes
Ivory Castle
Aug 20, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Randall is working on a ground breaking cure for violent psychosis. His wife is found dead after what appears to be a car accident. Police investigations uncover evidence indicating she was murdered. Randall is visited by a mysterious man called Sam who points him in the direction of information which shatters the view of his marriage and the woman he thought he knew.
Susan, a single mother with two young children, struggles to reconcile life as a parent and everything police work entails. The pr
Jill Elizabeth
Feb 21, 2019 rated it really liked it
This was a brilliant twisty tale that captivated me from start to finish. I figured out part of the big reveal early on, but that's likely due to a coincidence of timing that I can't identify because it'll give things away, but that in no way affected my enjoyment of the entire story. This was, simply put, a great read. High energy, gruesome bits and all, from start to finish. The characters were very well-crafted and thoroughly engrossing, as was the plot.

I read this entire book without realizi
Rachel
Aug 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
Well hello Matthew Farrell! I love discovering new authors and knowing there are more of their books out there I have yet to read.

This was a dark and twisted thriller that I couldn’t put down. It was fast paced, action packed and kept me guessing from beginning to end.

Police investigator, Susan Adler is called out to a deadly car accident. The deceased is Amanda Brock, wife of Randall Brock, a well known psychiatrist. Upon first inspection, the crash seems to have been an accident. However, when
Tracy Wood
Apr 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: netgalley, 2019
Oh my goodness, where to begin? I loved this book and would rate it 6* if I could. I guessed some things but the writing was so good it didn't spoil my enjoyment and I certainly didn't anticipate the tension and page turning action.

When Police Investigator Susan Adler is called to a fatal road traffic accident she has to look at it as murder after some disturbing evidence emerges.  With a new partner to integrate into her team and Christmas just around the corner her involvement in the case mean
Amber DuBois
Apr 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
I received an ARC of this book for my honest review.

It doesn't take long for you to be brought into the meat of this story, just a little lead-in and then we're off! The first half, has its predictable ups and downs, but the story remains engaging and interesting. Of course, given this is a mystery, and the summary from the description, we all knew there would be plot twists. They aren't really hard to see coming, even though there are a couple redirects that could keep you guessing, it's not re
Aina
Aug 07, 2019 rated it liked it
3.5 This book is fast and twisty! It’s been a while since I’ve read a psychological thriller so I enjoyed when certain events took me off-guard. Randall is an unreliable narrator and keeps his secrets close, which unfortunately makes him kind of a blank page. The other main character is Investigator Susan Adler and while her portrayal is nothing special, I liked her enough to root for her.

I’m not too sure about the medical aspects of the book and the way mental illness is discussed but I can’t s
Wendy
Jun 14, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Psychologist Randall Brock has a pretty nice life with his wife Amanda who is beautiful and wealthy. He and his partner Peter Reems work with very disturbed individuals to help them overcome their dark fantasies. It's a nice, fulfilling life and things are going well.

Then one night Peter's wife is involved in a fatal accident. Inspector Susan Adler of the New York state police and her new partner, Tommy Corrola get the case and quickly rule out accident and realize that this was a murder. They q
Bridget
Oh my, this was such a marvellous, quality read!

I Know Everything by new-to-me author Matthew Farrell certainly grabbed my attention. It's not necessary to have read Farrell's first novel. (What Have You Done? published in 2018) to fully enjoy this one. I was thrown in from the get-go and I couldn’t flip the pages fast enough on my kindle to read more.

With great characterisation, the pacing was good throughout and there was no superfluous padding to distract.
This was a well written, researched
« previous 1 3 next »
Matthew Farrell lives in the Hudson Valley, just outside of New York City, with his wife and two daughters. Keep up with his work by following him on Twitter or liking him on Facebook
Matthew Farrell lives just outside of New York City in the Hudson Valley with his wife and two daughters. Get caught up on the progress of his next thriller along with his general musings by following him on Twitter @mfarrellwriter or liking his page on Facebook: www.facebook.com/mfarrellwriter2.