Jump to ratings and reviews

Rise of the Dominants #1

Sir's Rise (The Rise Series Book One)

Explosive and hot!

I know her unspoken desire when she gives me that coy look before disappearing into the stacks of old library books...

I've always had the natural ability to tap into a woman's hidden desire, but my life takes a complete 180 when I'm introduced to my true calling.

In my journey to become a Master, I make it my mission to indulge my submissives...as well as challenge them.

But I've built something equally valuable in the process. Family.

When everything I've worked for is threatened, I am ready to fight--and I am a man who will do whatever it takes to protect what's mine.

262 pages, Kindle Edition

Published November 6, 2018

Loading interface...
Loading interface...

About the author

Red Phoenix

124 books3,706 followers
USA Today Bestselling Author

Red Phoenix is an award-winning romance author who gained popularity with her BDSM series, Brie's Submission.
To join in the Brie experience begin with the 1st Boxed Set (Books 1-3) and start your journey into a sensual world...
Brie's Submission Books 1-3 by Red Phoenix
✤Join my Newsletter: http://redphoenixauthor.com/newslette...
✤Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/redphoenixa...
✤Brie's Submission: https://redphoenixauthor.com/reds-books/
✤Goodreads Group: https://www.goodreads.com/group/show/...
✤Twitter: https://twitter.com/redphoenix69

Ratings & Reviews

What do you think?

Friends & Following

Create a free account to discover what your friends think of this book!

5 stars
15 (1%)
1 star
9 (1%)
Displaying 1 - 30 of 174 reviews
Profile Image for Erin Lewis.
3,989 reviews116 followers
4.5 Star Review of Sir’s Rise (Rise of the Dominants #11) by Red Phoenix
After having read Brie’s Submission series I was not sure where Ms.Phoenix would go next and this was a grand surprise. She has taken us back to where it all began for Sir Thane Davis, Anton Durov (Rystar) and Brad Anderson.
This is Sir Thane Davis’s story, a man who has had anything but an easy life, he has turned into a withdrawn young man who is driven to succeed. It is his friendship with Anton, Brad and Samantha that opens his eyes to what he is missing in life.
We knew from past books that they met in college and became friends but I did not realise just how deep their friendship is and how their involvement in the BDSM lifestyle began.
I am anxious to read the next book in the series which I believe will release next March.
Profile Image for Tee loves Kyle Jacobson.
2,471 reviews169 followers
November 6, 2018
Sir's Rise is the story of Thane Davis and how he became a Dominant. I loved this story because we get to see how Thane becomes a dominant and where he has come from.

Thane starts dabbling in the world of BDSM in college. At first he is all books and studying and nothing can never deter him from school. Then one day he stumbles upon the world of BDSM and his life is changed. He still takes school seriously but he now has something to look forward to.

Coming from a troubled past Thane thinks there is nothing left for him but as things start to change for him he sees a new life that he can be a part of and not have to worry about anything bad happening.

I really enjoyed this book as we get a glimpse into Thanes up bringing and his way of thinking. There is so much in this story you have to read it for yourself in order to really enjoy it. The world of BDSM will become intriguing to you after you read this story!
Profile Image for Lg.
367 reviews1 follower
November 5, 2018
Red Phoenix takes a step back in time to reveal how our favorite Dominant came to be. Thane Davis has a deeply troubled past. Events in his life have shaped him into the calculating, driven, often stern teen that we see here. His goals are set and when goes off to college he knows his path and nothing will detract him from it.

Studying is all he focuses on. He has indulged in some brief encounters with women too. It is with the help of some new found friends, Davis finds that there is more to life than being stuck in a stack of books. Here we meet Rytsar and Anderson and Ms. Clark. Rytsar recognizes a need in Davis that opens a whole new world to the angsty, overworked young man. Together the three men embark on a journey of self discovery, sexual pleasure and step into the essence of Dominance and submission.

Written with the eloquence, heart and sexiness that only she can, Red Phoenix delivers one of her best stories to date.
75 reviews3 followers
May 24, 2022
Red Phoenix has done it again with Sir's Rise revealing more sexy hotness with the beginning of the Dominants BDSM lifestyle. I loved learning the origins of the brotherhood of Sir, Rystar, and Anderson. Their experiences are believable and easy to relate to, making their bond understandable. Their sexual exploration in college is detailed and well described, showing us the hot Alpha Dominants in delicious action numerous times. It flowed quickly with great Characters. I enjoyed seeing the beginnings of their BDSM involvement, and the depth of their commitment to safe, sane, consensual. Truly hot, dominant men, and Ms. Clark, acting responsibly with honor, knowledge, and care. Sir's Rise was a hot, sexy, pleasure to read. Anxiously awaiting the next book. Each book in Brie's Submission series is erotic, hot, sexy, intimately described in great detail. I've read the entire series over and over again, becoming absorbed in their lives and lifestyle. You'll love this beginning story as well as each and every one.
Profile Image for Sissy's Romance Book Review .
7,510 reviews16 followers
November 4, 2018
Sir's Rise by Red Phoenix is book One in the Rise of the Dominants series. This to was an introducing to Sir Thane Davis, Brad Anderson & Anton Durov. When they first meet in college and started venturing into their world of BDSM and building of their friendship. This does continue to the next book with the next installment. I haven't read but a few books by Ms. Phoenix but I though this can easily be a standalone book. But if you have read previous books from her then this will be a good read for you to learn about how the characters began their 'stories'.
Overall enjoyed this book.
November 4, 2018
Sir’s Rise is one book that I had a hard time waiting for! With all the teasing that Red Phoenix has done about it! This is book one in the Rise of the Dominants Series.

I wondered what else Red Phoenix could do with this series that she had not done with Brie’s Submission well she surprised me! Bravo, bravo Red Phoenix! Sir’s Rise is spectacular! This is the beginning and I feel like I have been given an inside peek of Dom-hood for Sir Thane Davis, Brad Anderson & Anton Durov.

Red Phoenix has written in previous books in the Brie Series that these 3 were College mates. Well now this is there story and is where they begin to build their bond. I love, love, love Sir’s Rise this book is easily 5 + STARS! It is going to be so hard to wait until Masters Fate comes out next March, 2019!
Profile Image for Jo-Ann Forrest.
2,316 reviews11 followers
November 4, 2018
This is the story on how Thane, Samantha and Anderson are introduced into the world of BDSM by Durov. They are connected through pain and life’s deception they each lived through except for Anderson who seem to sail through life without any care in the world. Having read the whole series so far, this book will answer all the questions of why they are who they are. That scene at the end where he meets with Brie as a child is priceless! I can’t wait to read the rest of this trilogy.Red Phoenix, you amaze me every time with your story telling talent!
Profile Image for Melanie Marnell.
3,151 reviews19 followers
November 6, 2018
Sir Thane Davis is one of most charismatic characters I've ever met. His elegance and refinement show through even in his Dominance even on its early stages. Learning about his introduction to college life and the forging of lifelong friendships was both insightful and interesting. His relationship flashbacks with his father were poignant and enlightening.

This newes book by Red Phoenix is yet another example of her creativity and talent. She gives us strong, dynamic characters set in page-turning storylines that hard to put down until the last word has been read.
Profile Image for Heather Ambrose.
195 reviews1 follower
November 5, 2018
OMG......If you love Sir, Master Anderson and Rytsar, then you will absolutely love this book! This book has all the usual hotness that Red usually brings in her books and you get the behind the scenes look at how their relationships and bonds got started. I read this book in one sitting because I could not put it down. If you love the Brie's submission series you will love this book. I am excited to see what comes next in book two! I highly recommend this book.
453 reviews
November 4, 2018
I loved this book so much.... Loved learning how Thane,Rytsar,Samantha and Brad Met in college .... You will learn a lot about how they get introduced to the world of BDSM ... and how Thane gets revenge on the beast who is his mom.... I cant wait to read part 2 oh and I loved how Brie had a little part in it lol....
Profile Image for Sharon Ryder Roberts.
1,078 reviews18 followers
September 6, 2020
"How it all begins, i love how the characters come to life, they all have their own personalities which was a joy to read as well as heartbreaking. I love the mention of young Brie"s first appearance also towards the end of the book when Brie and Thane first meet in the dinner. Looking forward to reading the rest of the books in the series.
Profile Image for Nene.
1,483 reviews16 followers
Loved it!
This is a book on how Anderson, Davis, Rystar, and Ms.Clark met. If any of you read Brie story you see when he first laid eyes on her. I just can't wait to see what's next. This was an amazing story and I would recommend it.
Profile Image for Dawn.
575 reviews2 followers
November 6, 2018
Did you ever wonder how a Dominant figures out that is who he/she is? Sir's Rise gives readers that insight. As we follow Thane through college friendships and turmoil, winks at Brie and the school pop in. It was so much fun finding those hidden gems. Falling in love with Sir once again was easy, letting go when the book ended was not! The past is something to learn from and move forward with. This glimpse into Sir's past brought light to who he is when he meets Brie. Sir's Rise is like looking into a window of time and getting answers to those unasked questions.
Profile Image for Robyn Rivera.
78 reviews3 followers
November 6, 2018
This book is the book one of a new trilogy featuring Sir Thane Davis, Rystar Durov, Master Brad Anderson, and of course we can’t forget Samantha. We go back to when they meet in college and we embark on there journey of BDSM with them and how they become the Dominants they are today. It is highly anticipated read let me tell you. You will not be disappointed. I have red every book of Red Phoenix and loved each and every one them. It is a must read a long with all her books she has wrote. I can not wait for her next installment in the next trilogy.
Profile Image for Laura.
249 reviews
September 29, 2020
Sir's Rise (Rise of the Dominants Book One) is for any reader of "Red Phoenix's books it's a delicious beginning to realizing what drives Sir Thane Davis and his best friends Master Brad Anderson, Master Duror Rytsar and Mistress Samantha Clark, whom all meet in college. Least I say each have life changing issue's that set their focus on to a new path. Ladies and gent's do enjoy "Rise of the Dominants" 1, 2 and 3!
Profile Image for Danielle.
434 reviews2 followers
November 11, 2018
Sir’s Rise!!

I love Thane!! This book was so good. I know she mentioned it before but the scene where he met Brie was excellent. Very good to here how the gang all met. Master Anderson has been by far my favorite, I love they were roommates in college. Rystar is also one of my favorites. Ms. Clark was interesting, I didn’t realize she had loss in her life also. Loved this book.
Profile Image for Carolyn.
1,292 reviews3 followers
November 7, 2018
I absolutely loved this book! It was great to see how everyone met and the friendships began. Sir has been through so much and it was great to see him find a way to deal with it. I look forward to learning more about their college years in the next book.
2 reviews
November 6, 2018
Red Phoenix out did herself again this is a wonderful book to read it's funny and has the emotions you feel when you read especially between to comrades. Loved it
Profile Image for Katrine Austin.
375 reviews12 followers
February 24, 2020
An entertaining background to our protagonists

I've come to enjoy all the back stories behind this bdsm world. Phoenix is a delightful author. I'm sure I'll read more of her soon.
Profile Image for Gayla File.
62 reviews
November 4, 2018
Wow! Reading how Sir started out is eye opening. And how he met people that will be with him throughout his journey is awesome. I couldn't put this book down. It is awesome and I can't wait for book 2 in the Rise of the Dominants series. You did it again, Red! Absolutely loved it.
Profile Image for Nicole Swiscoski.
3 reviews2 followers
November 5, 2018
A wonderful look at how it all began. Lots of laughs and sexiness. Even some tears, you just never knew what was coming next. Could not put the book down, love it.
Profile Image for Kat Ryker.
788 reviews32 followers
November 13, 2018
I read this book as an Advanced Reading Copy, but I also had it pre-ordered, as I usually do with Red Phoenix's books. I really like this author because she treats the world of BDSM with respect and clarity. She understands where the lines are drawn between BDSM and abuse and isn't afraid to defend the lifestyle. I applaud her writing. I believe she is one of the bravest of authors because she manages to crush the "Christian Grey" syndrome in its tracks. What Red writes about is real.

So this book....I had looked forward to this because it was going to be the backstory of Sir Thane Davis - the history that we didn't know. How he met the "other" guys - Durov and Anderson. And how they became good friends. I already had this book written in my head, I thought I knew what it would be. Ha! Wrong again. This book was FAR BETTER than anything I could have EVER imagined in my little brain. This book left me speechless (and trust me, the people who know me will tell you that just doesn't happen EVER).

Let me start with the technical. This book begins shortly after Thane Davis' father has died and Thane (aka Sir in future books) comes to California to go to college, supported by his Uncle and Aunt. We knew some of this story from previous books. Sir's background has been mentioned in more than one of Red's books, so most of the backstory of this book wasn't a surprise. The arc of this story is even and it flows very well throughout. Not one time was I left wondering what happened, not once did I think something had been missed. The pacing was perfect for this book and was made that much more interesting during the interaction of the characters. And then we have the character development, which was PERFECT. We already knew these characters from the series, and their own books, but we never met them at 18 or 19 years old. OMG. And now for the rest of the review.....

I don't believe I've ever laughed so hard at a book until Durov did the same thing to Sir at 18 that he did to Bri 15 years later (approximately). He pretended to not know English. And as soon as he did it, shades of Bri's meeting with him came into my mind, and viola! I was laughing like a crazy person. And then I had to chuckle when the future Mrs. Davis meets the young Mr. Davis and said future Mrs. Davis's father is ready to tear Sir's head off. And I laughed again when Brad Anderson, probably my favorite Dom of the entire series because of his sense of humor, met Thane Davis for the first time. Looking at these two side by side, two less likely friends you'd never find. But friends they are. Through thick and thin, these two men became the family that the young Thane Davis had lost. But the most important part of this book is the undercurrent of Thane Davis becoming Sir. He learns that Durov's "dungeon retreat" is perfect for him, although it is filled with Sadists and Masochists. He learns control and he learns his true calling there. He learns how to be the man he was destined to grow up to be and he rises from the ashes of his father's suicide and his mother's mental illness to embrace the man he is.

I will say it again in case you missed it - this is the best book by Red Phoenix yet. I already knew she could write about BDSM. I already knew she could develop these characters so her readers loved them. I already knew she could tell a good story. And above all, I knew she could write about BDSM in a way that made people understand it better and enjoy it, even when they held less than positive opinions about the lifestyle. And I also knew she could write erotic very, very well. What I didn't know was that she could pull heart-throbbingly real emotions out of the three Dominants that we've all read about and thought we understood. This book, the start of the Rise of The Dominants, made me realize I'd underestimated the power of the Red Phoenix pen. Kudos, Red. You keep writing, I'll keep reading. You've turned me into a Super-fan, and I'm loving it.
Profile Image for Passionpages50.
853 reviews
4.25 Rising Stars

For many young adults college is a time full of promise, adventure and self discovery. Truer words were never spoken for Thane Davis, Brad Anderson, and Samantha Clark. Meeting Anton "Rytsar" Durov changed their lives in a multitude of ways, including providing a sense of family that would be with them always. One of the best parts of looking back at the lives of these four characters, was learning how they formed the powerful bond that would carry them into adulthood; especially the brotherhood that develops between Thane and Rytsar. I just love them together! Any scene with the two of them in it, makes me tingle. Rise of the Dominants indeed! Yum....

As for this new series...No one writes a BDSM storyline like Red Phoenix does. She pours her heart out onto those pages! So much desire, passion, love, heat, humor, and love. There is no mistaking that she treasures her characters and their lifestyle. It is because of Red's writing, and the Brie's Submission series, that I have truly received a subtle education about the world of BDSM. It has been enlightening as well as entertaining. Her writing style always leaves me with a smile, and a full heart.

Book 1 gives us Sir Thane Davis's story and what a story it was! We saw a whole different side to our sexy Dominant as we took a backward glance at young Thane. I really enjoyed getting to know him further, and am even more impressed by him. The obstacles he faced as a young man, shaped the man that we've all fallen for. He's such a noble man, with a huge heart, and full of integrity. So thrilled that Thane took the reins in his life, and acknowledged his own truths. The man just makes me SWOON!! No wonder Brie handed her heart over to him. I was so tickled to see a bit of Brie surface in this book as well. Nice little snack of Brie!

If you haven't read the Brie's Submission series, you absolutely should consider doing so. The characters that we are loving on in this series, will mean even more to you once you see them in their element, and the lengths that they go to for one another. It's a beautiful journey!
I am so excited for what lies ahead in this series!!! With so many beloved characters, there is SO MUCH GOODNESS AHEAD!! I just know that I'll be pulling an all-nighter with Rytsar when the time comes. Gosh....that sounded dirty. LOL!

27 reviews
November 7, 2018
Seriously, seriously awesome book!

There are times when I feel like I have used every superlative known to man when reviewing books by Red Phoenix. And here I am again, having read this newest book, trying to think of how to review it with words that equal my enthusiasm.

There have been many hints and story bits during the storyline of Brie and Sir, indicating what his life was like before Brie. But here, in Sir's Rise, we are beginning to learn first hand about Sir. I was drawn in from the very beginning of the book, and couldn't put it down!

We meet a college-aged Sir, as well as Brad Anderson, Rytsar Durov, and Samantha Clark! I loved reading now they all met. And I loved seeing the beginning of things we know already, but we didn't know the details before. I am reminded of the wedding toast Master Anderson made saying that Thane was a real nerd in college. In this book, we get to read about it! And that's just one example. So many things click now.

And just as a storyline, this book has it all. The emotions are so real. And the sex scenes are super hot! The friendships grow. And so many things influence life. The introduction to BDSM was fabulous! Rytsar is always a winner in my mind, and him taking Thane and Brad to the club for the first time was great! Thank goodness he did!

I had heard there were readers who were worried about -not- liking this book due to it feeling like Sir was cheating on Brie. But I'm here to say that it is not the case! Everyone has a past before meeting that special someone. A past that shapes who we are and how we see life. Sir is not cheating on Brie when he has not met the adult version of her. Sir's BDSM experiences, starting in college, have shaped the man he became when he met Brie. And because of the experience he gained, he became the perfect man for Brie, just as Brie grew up to be the perfect submissive and wife for Sir. It's so fun to know where all of this is leading up to!

To the doubters, I say "Try it!" To those who have read and loved it, I'm with you! An outstanding book by Red Phoenix!
November 12, 2018
I received a copy of this book for an honest review.
OH MY GOODNESS!! We get to see the start of Thane, Rytsar and Anderson's friend ship and bond. You have no idea how excited I am to read this. We all know they have a tight bond and met in collage, now we get more and see how it all began.
Honestly the instant bond Sir has with both Durov and Anderson. Hearing Thane and Durov back story was heart wrenching. When Durov introduced Thane and Anderson to BDSM it was amazing to see the way each of them were so different and immediately knew what their rolls as a Dom would be. The dynamic between Sir and Samantha as a teacher/student was interesting. I was completely heart broken when Thane's secrets came out and seeing how each person reacted differently to it.
I absolutely loved seeing these strong Dominate men as young men finding their way in the BDSM family and becoming not only friends but brothers along the way.

A few of my favorites:

"Size doesn't matter when you know how to use the equipment." My eyes naturally go to his crotch, thinking he must be compensation. But then I note the sizeable bulge in his pants--quite the opposite of what I was expecting.

"When you're ready, Davis, I'll carry that burden with you."

Although he doesn't know it yet. I relate to the pain radiating from the distance. It bonds me to the Russian in ways I don't understand.

Anderson gives me an irritated smirk. "Yuck it up. buttercup."

"Tonight your safeword is mercy." "Oh, that is a sexy word, Sir." she purrs.

"You're either a genuinely nice guy or evil to the core." I'm not a nice guy, but I'm also not a monster.

Profile Image for Tanya Mayes.
695 reviews23 followers
November 12, 2018
OMG!!! If Sir Davis wasn't one of my favorites already ne just zoomed to the top. Red Phoenix takes us back to where it all got started and where he meets Rystar Durov, Master Anderson and Samatha. This book draw me in from the very first page. I was on a very emotional roller coaster. At times I wanted to cry and next I was laughing. Each one of them became part of his family for different reasons. Master Anderson and his jokes is a good friend and took great care of Sir. He made sure he didn't just study his life away. What I didn't remember was the ack story with Samantha. It was good to see how they met and how I opened his heart to her because he reminded her of her btother. But with Durov you understood where their brotherhood started. They were drawn together from the pain of loss and trying to move on. I seen and felt Sir’s dominance even at the tender age of 17. When Durov introduced them to BDSM he know he wasn't sadist. So being the perfectionist he was he made his own way. I love it. When he took it upon himself to train Samantha and help Master Anderson, he was already on his way to being Head Master. At one point I really was missing him with Brie because he was a little horn dog. Red Phoenix did her thing. can't wait until year two. I couldn't believe that I went back and started reading book 1 Brie Submissive Training School.
Profile Image for Heather Miller.
1,071 reviews31 followers
November 8, 2018
A new series from Red Phoenix, you bet I was excited to read this story. She is off to a great start and I cannot wait to read more in the Rise of the Dominants series. In this story, Ms. Phoenix story, Sir's Rise, is the story of Thane Davis and how he became a Dominant. Mrs. Phoenix, has taken us back to where it all began for Sir Thane Davis, Anton Durov (Rystar) and Brad Anderson, college, where they all met.

This story is about Sir Thane Davis’s story. A young man who has had anything but an easy life, he has turned into a withdrawn young man who is driven to succeed. It is his friendship with Anton, Brad and Samantha that opens his eyes to what he is missing in life.

Rystar seem's to know Davis the best, and realizes that Davis needs a release, other than just his studies. Studying is all Davis focuses on. Davis does meet a few young ladies he has trysts with of course. Rystar opens his eyes to the BDSM community.

Towards the end of the book, we do see Davis seeing his true love in the diner, Brie! So interesting how they crossed paths al those years ago.

I did receive an ARC copy, I am voluntarily leaving a free review.
November 10, 2018
4.5 but rounded up
Check out this review and others at
www.Twinsietalk.com
www.Facebook.com/Twinsietalk
www.Twitter.com/Twinsietalk
www.Tsu.co/Twinsietalk
www.instagram.com/twinsietalk
Newsletter : http://eepurl.com/brwkPv

Sir’s Rise by Red Phoenix
I received this book from the author for an honest review.
When one of your favorite authors tells you they are going back to explain how your favorite character came to be…DUH of course I want to read it. Then to know we will get to spend more time with his friends AKA Brothers from Another Mother again another DUH…..*whimper* Rytsar *gulp* Master Anderson…Holy Hell who ould any fan of hers not want to read this book.
So this book show us a young Thane. He is introduced to the world of submission by his brother Rytsar when he recognized the same thigs about himself in Thane.
The story is so delicious and seeing my favorites, yeah I am greedy so deal with it, starting out and stumbling was great. Seeing Young Thane being the studious young man who finds his true calling and passions with his friends was also heartwarming. I loved seeing the bonds forming knowing what we know NOW with these characters.
Profile Image for Amy Miller.
3,414 reviews27 followers
November 11, 2018
Well at first I did not want to like this story. In my mind I only see Sir with Bree. To think of him with other woman or him having a past was nauseating to me. However, that being said as I started reading I realize it was nice to discover Thanes earlier years and how he became the wonderful I enjoy now. So many emotions for Thane. He has been through so much at an earlier age, then he becomes so focused and driven at school. Then there is the introduction of how he became friends with Anderson, Rystar, and Samantha all while attending school together. I believe they also shaped him into a good man. Even the brief encounter he has with fate , that made me smile and happy. Rystar introduces him to BDSM, and I love Thane's enthusiasm and wiliness to learn how to be a great dom. The story was well written and even though I fought hard to not to like this one, I honestly loved it and have a new perspective on Thane. Even Rystar, Samantha, Anderson I understand even more. This is amazing and I can't wait for the second book.
Displaying 1 - 30 of 174 reviews

Can't find what you're looking for?

Get help and learn more about the design.