Start by marking “She is Fierce” as Want to Read:
She is Fierce

She is Fierce

A stunning gift book containing 150 bold, brave and beautiful poems by women – from classic, well loved poets to innovative and bold modern voices. From suffragettes to school girls, from spoken word superstars to civil rights activists, from aristocratic ladies to kitchen maids, these are voices that deserve to be heard.

Collected by anthologist Ana Sampson She is Fierce:
Published September 6th 2018 by Macmillan Children's Books

To ask other readers questions about She is Fierce, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about She is Fierce

She is Fierce: Brave, Bold and Beautiful Poems by Women is a collection of 150 poems written by women on a wide range of subjects. It includes everything from old favourites you may have already come across to new and modern voices, poems written by women of all different ages, races and from across different social and economic backgrounds.

It can be really hard to review poetry because it is so subjective but what's great about an anthology like this is that even if one poem isn't to your taste
Orláith
Sep 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
First posted on www.instagram.com/p/BoSBgeMFPbN

A few weeks ago I was very kindly sent a copy of @anabooks new poetry anthology, She is Fierce, by the lovely Amber from @panmacmillan.

Since then I've been reading a poem each night before bed and I am simply loving my new routine.
Ana has curated such a wonderful selection of poems that I am having to force myself to set the book down, to continue to read just one poem per night. Obviously, I could read more but I want to savour this book for as lon
Ajay Sawant
Mar 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Anu
May 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
One of my favourite people gifted me this beautiful anthology of poems. Loved the little section on each poet at the back of the book. Helps appreciate the poems with an added layer of depth and context. I hang my favourite poem by my bedside. Saltwater by Finn Butler.

“Everyone who terrifies you is 65% water.
And everyone you love is made of stardust,
and I know
sometimes
you cannot breathe deeply, and
the night sky is no home, and
that you are down to your last two percent,
but
nothing is infinite,
not
Michelle
Jun 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A beautiful and empowering anthology of poems, written by incredibly talented women. I am particularly thrilled to see a poem by Nikita Gill in this collection. Growing up I thought I didn't like poetry, that I didn't understand it, that it wasn't for me, but I now know that it's about finding poems that strike a chord in me, words that I can relate to and that's what She Is Fierce is to me.
The narration of this book is gorgeous and I know it's one I'll listen to on Audible time and time again.
rebecca
Jul 04, 2019 rated it really liked it

As with anthologies, be it poetry or short stories, different taste is going to make it a mixed bag, but I really enjoyed the majority of these poems, & I loved how it was organised by theme. There were a lot of poets I'd never heard of whose work I'd like to look for now.
Niki
Mar 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
It was beautiful and a joy to read.
Heather Nixon
Sep 17, 2018 rated it liked it
I was very kindly sent this bold and beautiful poetry collection from Ana Sampson which features various poets and writers including Emily Bronte, Kate Tempest, Margaret Atwood and many more.

I'll admit that I was a little nervous about starting this collection as I haven't read any poetry in so long and I've always thought that poetry was a little too abstract and intelligent for me (although I do have a BSc Hons degree). Aesthetically it would make for a lovely gift for literary lovers in your
Janay Brazier
Sep 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This book is stunning and contains some truly incredible poems. I was sent this book to review, which I am very grateful for, and I want to stress that all views of this book are my own and I have not been influenced by the publishing company or anyone else. I love to celebrate female authors and this book really does contain a fantastic mix of bold, brilliant females. Highly recommended.
Lisa Beer
Apr 22, 2019
Trish
Jan 01, 2019
Oct 15, 2018
Ana grew up in Kent. She studied English Literature at the University of Sheffield and gained a BA and MA before starting a career in publishing PR. Ana has contributed articles to various publications including Writers’ Market UK, The Book Club Bible (Michael O’Mara, 2007), Cringe and The Bookseller. I Wandered Lonely as a Cloud: And Other Poems You Half-Remember From School, her first anthology ...more