Start by marking “Buried Deep (Jessie Cole, #4)” as Want to Read:
Buried Deep (Jessie Cole, #4)

Buried Deep

(Jessie Cole #4)

Two missing persons. One apparent suicide. Three cases pushing PI Jessie Cole and crime reporter Ben Morrison closer to the edge.

Lacey Geiger could be a very rich woman. If Jessie Cole can find her. The beneficiary of a sizable estate, Lacey vanished years ago after escaping an abusive childhood and is veiled now behind a new identity. Jessie has two weeks to find her. It’
Published April 16th 2019 by Thomas & Mercer

To ask other readers questions about Buried Deep, please sign up.
This question contains spoilers… (view spoiler)
barbara Read the part where Ben found the box underneath his van and what he found inside will answer your question

Start your review of Buried Deep (Jessie Cole, #4)
Sandy *The world could end while I was reading and I would never notice*
EXCERPT: "I don't feel good," Jason told her.

When she looked at him, she was surprised to see how pale her face had become. He was leaning back against the seat, and his face was pasty white. She took his empty cup and put her full one inside of it before placing it in the bucket. Then she loosened her husband's tie.

He closed his eyes.

Air. They needed air.

She turned to the right and pushed down on the button to lower the window, but nothing happened. When she looked at the driver, she frowned. H
Linda Strong
Feb 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
4.5 Stars

Private Investigator Jessie Cole is back along with Zee, her schizophrenic assistant and budding PI, her boyfriend, Detective Colin Grayson, and her good friend, Ben Morrison, a crime reporter for the local newspaper.

Zee does well as long as she takes her medications, but the three distinct voices she hears never really go away. She thinks she'd actually be lonely if they did.

Ben was in a car accident 10 years ago. He's lost all memory of any time before that. But he does have visions/h
Pat
Oct 05, 2019 rated it liked it
3.5 stars. This was my least favourite of this series. I just feel that the Ben part of the story is being dragged out too long. Yeah we get it, he has amnesia and may not have been a very nice person before his accident but we don't need to examine this issue from every possible aspect. In fact it might best if left well enough alone lest we find something very disturbing in his past. I guess that's the point of that plot line. Look it was enjoyable and I will certainly read pretty much whateve ...more
Andrea
Jun 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Brilliant from start to finish hooked wish could rate this higher than 5 stars.loved this series and didnt want it to end could of been alot more of this series jessie on a case of a missing couple who disappeared on there anniversary but why and they trying to escape it's all a game.and see on another case this book is non stop no boring parts just excitement what was going to happen.jessie relationship with colin.and Ben he helped jessie find her sister and lost his memory he has flashbacks bu ...more
Mandy White
Mar 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Buried Deep I see the 4th book in the PI Jessie Cole series and I certainly hope not the last...but it felt like the end. TR Ragan writes such fantastic, addictive stories with characters that feel like family. I have been a fan of her book since I picked up Abducted, the first book in the Lizzie Gardner series which I devoured and was also sad to see end. Jessie Cole and her niece Olivia, boyfriend Cole, Zee the schizophrenic work college and Ben the newspaper writer have all become dear to me ...more
Melanie
Apr 02, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Buried Deep was a thrilling read with several engaging storylines and some great development for the characters.

For PI Jessie Cole, having more work than she knows what to do with is never a bad thing. When approached by a young woman looking for her mother who disappeared thirty years ago, Jessie agrees to help the woman as she knows what it’s like to always wonder what if. But in the middle of that case, Jessie is offered a job with a nice bonus if she can find a woman who has inherited quite
Donna Hines
Mar 23, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc, netgalley
Lacey needs to be found as the clock ticks on an inheritance.
However, Lacey has vanished and perhaps is using an 'alias' with an entirely new identity.
PI Jessie has only two weeks to find her.
Meanwhile thirty years earlier Penny seeks help to find Arlene (mom) who was who she thought her father may have murdered.
Ben also has his own work cut out for him as he tries to find the truth but winds up with the enemy dead hanging from a tree.
Some frightening things are happening all around, that feel
Sreedevi Nair
May 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
just Finished Book 4 in the jessie Cole Series. Hopefully not the last one. This one is definitely been my favorite in the series with not only one case but three cases to deal with.
PI Jessie Cole has taken up the job to locate and find Anne Corrigan who disappeared few years ago and now might be under a new identity. Zee (Jessie assistant) is assigned to find details about a missing person Arlene Synder who is believed to be dead/murdered by her husband. And then Collin (Jessie boyfriend) is d
Trish R.
Apr 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing

Wow! I loved this book until the last chapter. I’m not crazy about where the author took this so I’m not sure I’ll read the next book if one of the MC’s, that I really like, turns out to be a serial killer.

Anyway, this was a really good story about 3 different stories going on: Jason and Lacey were buried alive. Nathaniel Snyder was accused of killing his wife, on the testimony of his father-in-law. And someone hung Roger Willis, the pedophile. They were all very good. BUT mostly, I love Zee Gat
Jennifer Oslowski
Feb 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Another nail biting, suspenseful installment in this series! This is book number 4 in the Jessie Cole series and I want MORE! Please say this isn't the last one?! There are a few different story lines going at once that are equally intriguing and suspenseful and had me tearing through the pages. I love Jessie and I especially love Zee and shall I say Francis, Marion and Lucy?! :) Ben's character adds much intrigue! I find his whole back story fascinating and love where the author took it at the ...more
Jean
Mar 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
Buried Deep is the 4th book in the Jessie Cole series. I recommend reading the previous books to get the back story, especially on Ben and Zee.

There's a lot going on in this book. Jessie, the Private Investigator, is looking for a woman that vanished years ago. Zee, is investigating a mother that was allegedly murdered years ago, and Colin is investigating a suicide/murder. As always, Ben is struggling with his past and lost memories.

The story was well written with likable characters. It was f
Cindy
Mar 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I love how this author effortlessly has no less than 6 POV/story lines going through out the book and you are never at anytime lost or wondering whose head your in.

PI Jessie Cole ends up with two new cases on her already full plate. The first is a woman in her 30's who wants Jessie to find her mother who disappeared when she was a young child. The second case is an attorney asking her to locate a woman who went missing when she was a teenager as she is now the beneficiary of a large amount of m
Veronica Bellaorev Books
Mar 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Well book lovers we finally reached the end of the Jessie Cole Series by TR Ragan. I didn’t want this series to end. This is one of my favorite Thriller/ Suspense series and Ragan has become my favorite Thriller writer.

Buried Deep has you on edge the whole time. It’s full of twists and turns, but more importantly ANSWERS. We finally get to know the truth about Ben Morrison’s missing events from his past.

Jessie Cole and Zee are once more trying to find a missing women, while Colin is investigat
CD {Boulder Blvd}
I really like the recurring characters in this series and enjoyed the mystery plots in this book. I do think this is a series that works best if you read the books in order as the nuances of character development are developed over the series.

The main plot in this book is a stand alone missing person case that Jessie is working on. I like the pacing and the plot but felt that I didn't get quite the closure on Lacey and her husband Jason that I would have liked.

Zee, Jessie's assistant worked a s
Terri ♥ (aka Mrs. Christian Grey)
Oh I needed this. A very good read in what feels like a long list of mediocre reads. My only problem was the end.

SPOILERS

I found it a bitter pill that certain people weren’t brought to justice after an innocent man spend 10 years in jail. They got off way too easy.

While back at the ranch, lol. My sweet Ben, whom the author has made me love has an eye opening experience that I hated. I still love Ben and I would hate that justice be brought against him and not others.

Elaine Tomasso
Apr 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
I would like to thank Netgalley and Thomas & Mercer for an advance copy of Buried Deep, the fourth novel to feature Sacramento PI Jessie Cole.

Jessie’s business is keeping her occupied so when two new cases turn up she’s unsure if she can cope. Her solution is to let her assistant, Zee Gatley, loose on the Penny Snyder’s desire to find her mother who went missing 30 years ago while she takes the big money case, the hunt for heiress Elizabeth Ann Corrigan who must be found within two weeks to clai
Tracy T.
May 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Awesome story and narration! (audible review)

This book was so good! I enjoyed every bit of it! I love Jessi's character. She is a great investigator. I really like Zee too and all the friends in her head! LOL

This story had 3 investigations going on at once. There was always something happening. I really enjoyed Lacey and her husband scenes. What a POS he was. That was fun to listen to.

Zee's story was great too. I don't want to give away spoilers here so I will keep this review short. Just believ
Bridget
Buried Deep is the fourth book in the 'PI Jessie Cole' series. I absolutely adored this book and it was such a cracking read! I was totally hooked from the beginning and I didn’t want to put it down until that superb ending, The book was stuffed full of drama and tension, fear and despair. I loved TR Ragan's writing and her wonderful portrayal of the characters really came across to me. This was a brilliant book and highly deserving of its five stars.

I received a complimentary digital copy of th
Carolyn
Apr 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: ragan-t-r
Outstanding! This one REALLY gave me shivers. My favorite secondary character, Zee, is just priceless! Jessie is as tenacious as ever. But, Ben! I wonder how long I have to wait to see what happens next? Geez!
Taryn
Apr 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
In the start of this next book Jessie is tasked with finding a young woman named Lacey who has a sizeable amount of money waiting for her if she can be found by a certain time. You see Lacey ran away years ago to escape the abuse that she was handed from her step father, her mother just let it happen. She decided to escape the horrors of her once good home and change her identity so that they could never find her. Meanwhile she has another client, a young girl searching for a mother who she now ...more
Taryn
Apr 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: mysteries, thriller
Veronica Bellaorev Books

Tina Bailey
Apr 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Very good book!

Another sensational book in an intriguing series of murder and mystery that surround PI Jessie Cole. I love this whole series because there's usually between two and three mysteries to figure out and at least the same amount of twists and turns. If, like me, you have read the whole series, you know Jessie is a very skilled investigator. Her friend and employee, Zee, has an interesting mind. Jessie's boyfriend, Colin, is a Sacramento police detective, and is always circling around
Megan  Del Rio
Mar 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Buried Deep is the final book in Ragan's Jessie Cole series and if you've been following along with the series, then you know this was the book that had to tie together a ton of loose ends about Ben's past.

Spoiler alert, we get answers and they're so damn juicy!

This was hands-down one of my favorite series and it's a bit bittersweet knowing it's over, but I have no doubts that Ragan will come back with a series that's equally suspenseful and chilling.
Susan
Mar 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Another nail biting, edge of your seat installment in the Jessie Cole series. I couldn’t read it fast enough. Jessie is dealing with multiple missing person cases and Ben is still struggling with his past. The more answers he gets, the more questions it leaves him with. I know I can’t wait to see what more he finds!

*ARC provided by NetGalley for an honest review.
L.G.
Aug 02, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book continues the storylines of most of the main characters. P.I. Jessie Cole and her assistant, Zee, work to solve missing persons cases. At the end of this book, there are still unresolved plot issues, so I believe (without proof) that there will be another book in this series.
Brendan Colgan
Enjoyable read! Getting to know the characters better.
Lauren
Mar 04, 2020 rated it really liked it
well i was bummed that this was the end of the series. i could have read another half dozen. great characters.
Jeanie
Apr 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: netgalley
There being so much wickedness in the world, war, disease, suffering and death, would the good-love, laughter, health, not be as meaningful? Did it take the depravity of humankind for people to appreciate everything else?

Jessie Cole a private investigator, girlfriend to Colin, friend to Ben, mother to sister's daughter Olivia, and boss to Zee has another round of nail biting, page turning, what the heck is going on cases to solve.

A young woman's father has spent nearly 10 years of life behind b
Mike Nemeth
Apr 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Disclaimer: I love T.R. Ragan's spell-weaving, tale-spinning, dark-delving fiction. I picked up "Buried Deep," the fourth of the Jessie Cole series, via Kindle early, about 5 a.m. and went to the athletic club, reading on the stationary bike, and finally finished it late that evening. Yes, it was a slow day at work so I read more than just for lunch. I finished the night before I wrote this. But once I start in on one of Jessie's new cases, actually she gets a couple in Buried, I just have to un ...more
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »

• Finding Kate Huntley
  • Dead Man Running
  • A Merciful Promise (Mercy Kilpatrick, #6)
  • Save Your Breath (Morgan Dane #6)
  • Hide and Seek (Criminal Profiler, #1)
  • Secrets Never Die (Morgan Dane, #5)
  • The Body Keeper (Detective Jude Fontaine Mysteries #3)
  • Expire (Dr. Schwartzman #4)
  • A Cold Trail (Tracy Crosswhite, #7)
  • Cross Her Heart (Bree Taggert, #1)
  • The Bones She Buried (Detective Josie Quinn #5)
  • The Silence (Columbia River #2, Callahan & McLane, #5)
  • Her Silent Cry (Detective Josie Quinn #6)
  • Find Her Alive (Detective Josie Quinn #8)
  • In the Darkness (Zoe Bentley Mystery, #2)
  • Bred in the Bone (Widow's Island #4)
  • Cold Heart Creek (Detective Josie Quinn #7)
  • Whisper of Bones (Widow's Island #3)
T.R. Ragan (Theresa Ragan) is a New York Times, USA Today, and Wall Street Journal Bestselling mystery and thriller author.

Readers interested in signing up for a monthly newsletter or getting their name in a TR RAGAN book should check out her website at www.trragan.com

Facebook • Twitter • Instagram: @trraganauthor

Obsessed
Almost Dead
Evil Never Dies

Jessie Cole (4 books)
  • Her Last Day (Jessie Cole, #1)
  • Deadly Recall (Jessie Cole, #2)
  • Deranged (Jessie Cole, #3)