Start by marking “Little Free Libraries and Tiny Sheds: 12 Miniature Structures You Can Build to Enhance Your Yard or Neighborhood” as Want to Read:

Expand the sharing movement to your community with  Little Free Libraries and Tiny Sheds —your complete source for building tiny sharing structures, including plans for 12 different structures, step-by-step photography and instructions, inspirational examples, and maintenance.

Around the world, a community movement is underway featuring quaint landscape structures mounted
Published April 9th 2019 by Cool Springs Press

To ask other readers questions about Little Free Libraries and Tiny Sheds, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Little Free Libraries and Tiny Sheds

Abbey
May 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
‘Little Free Libraries & Tiny Sheds’...a delightful and instructional look at making your own Little Free Library.

I’m speechless at the amount of detail in the building plans for each project, and, knowing a small amount about woodworking myself, feel these are all very doable – as long as you have the right equipment.

Also, as someone obsessed with having her own LFL, I am love looking at images of other people’s tiny libraries...and this book does not disappoint. This section was definitel
Janet
Apr 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing

Annie
Apr 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: netgalley
Originally published on my blog: Nonstop Reader.

Little Free Libraries & Tiny Sheds is a concise design and tutorial guide to building your own tiny structure for a book, tool, seed, or other exchange. Released 9th April 2019 by Quarto on their Cool Springs imprint, it's 176 pages and available in ebook and paperback formats.

This edition is heavily slanted toward Little Free Libraries, with an introduction by the LFL founder, Todd Bol (who sadly passed away in Oct 2018, prior to the publica
Greg
Jun 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I want to thank NetGalley and Quarto Publishing Group - Cool Springs Press for allowing me to read and review this book. Little Free Libraries and Tiny Sheds: 12 Miniature Structures you can Build to Enhance Your Yard or Neighborhood is a fantastic resource for understanding the importance of building a little free library in your front yard and offering a wonderful addition to your neighborhood.

Since our family members are avid readers and my grandchildren cannot pass up a good book, I have bee
Alicia Bayer
May 22, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is a very detailed book for those who want to build their own Little Free Library. Color photos are provided throughout, along with detailed materials and tools lists and step-by-step directions with pictures. There are also lots of pictures of LFLs around the world. I would have loved some examples of more repurposed designs and quirkier ones (they all had a similar look) but these are really well planned out. After reading through it, I'm not sure I have the right tools or knowledge to re ...more
Amanda
Apr 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
🌟🌟🌟BOOK REVIEW🌟🌟🌟

DESCRIPTION: Expand the sharing movement to your community with Little Free Libraries and Tiny Sheds—your complete source for building tiny sharing structures, including plans for 12 different structures, step-by-step photography and instructions, inspirational examples, and maintenance.

RATING: 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟

REVIEW: When I first heard of little free libraries, I always hoped I’d find one somewhere. Never did. Then I realised that some people have these in the gardens and it’s a way to sh
Erica
Jul 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
FTC disclosure: I would like to thank Cool Springs Press for providing me with an advance reader copy via access to the galley for free through the NetGalley program.

This is an excellent book, perfect for a beginner or advanced craftsman. I'd recommend it to anyone and it would make a great gift and community/school/family project.

I was intrigued by this book after having seen and used a Little Free Library and wondered how to make one. It's an amazing concept. This book contains clear, easy to
Jessica
May 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Good read, nice photos of Little Free Libraries, and 12 full patterns and instructions to make different types! As someone planning to build my own Little Free Library this summer, it was exactly what I had hoped for, and worth the buy for that.
Jan
Apr 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I love the flower box tiny shed, it would be perfect for a seed exchange combination garden book library.
Alexandra
Jun 13, 2019 rated it liked it
Reader gets twelve options of little libraries to make - so great for those who like building things. One does get images of other little libraries along with some other information. Good tips and visuals from start (planning) to finish (putting it up). Does note that there are other options one can do with these structures (tool exchange or pet items).
James Cross
Apr 10, 2019
Samantha
Apr 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wonderful instructive book. Very detailed instructions on how to build a structure and what materials to use -- or even reuse.
Kristin
Apr 22, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is a nice book for those who are a bit curious abot Free Little Libraries. It has great tutorials on DIY libraries and lots of great photos of finished libraries.
Leyla Johnson
May 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
What a fabulous idea, a community place to share your finished books or anything else one has to share. And what wonderful little structures to make it so much more fun. Every country, state or town will have laws that allow or disallow this type of sharing, but it is certainly worthwhile to see if it can be done. Regardless the structures are super cute and useful for all sorts of things and there is good instructions on material, tool and extensive information on how to build one, or adapt and ...more
Stella
Kirra
Aug 01, 2019
Rose Halverson
Apr 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Little Free Libraries and Tiny Sheds is a great find! I am a Girl Scout leader and we are always looking for projects to better our community and this fits right in. This book Has detailed instructions for dozen different small libraries, and an assortment of photographs showing potential design ideas. I can’t wait to share it with my Troop and make some amazing little libraries.
Thank you NetGalley for this eARC!
Kirry
Apr 22, 2019
Karen Whittard
May 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I adore the little free libraries that you see popping up all over the place on social media. This book is filled with pictures and information about all the little free librarysand mini sheds that we have. It’s such a cute book.
Marily
Eddie Kristan
May 24, 2019
Lizbeth
Apr 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I received an advanced digital copy of this book from Netgalley.com and the publisher. Thanks to both for the opportunity to read and review.

Little Free Libraries & Tiny Sheds is a wonderful how to book to make your own for your community. They have put together a volume that is beautifully photographed with clear instructions on how to build one of your own.

Excellent book. Highly recommended.

5 out of 5 stars.
Karen
Apr 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I love Little Free Libraries! Ages ago, I was active on BookCrossing.com which encouraged leaving books in "the wild" (random places) to be found by happenstance and hopefully enjoyed and released again to be enjoyed by others. It was a lot of fun seeing where books went, but these days, I stick with leaving books in one of several Little Free Libraries in my neighborhood I pass daily while out walking my dogs. I love that these sites give readers a perfect way to share the books where they'll b ...more