Start by marking “Just Breathe Anthology” as Want to Read:
Just Breathe Anthology

Just Breathe Anthology

From Ashes to Ashes, and dusk to dusk, there are those that Cocoon themselves in the Little Lies they tell.

When the Wreckage keeps them Awake at night, they see the Sickness In The Sunrise. They Ignite everything in their path.

When their minds run through the Unbearable and Forbidden Sorrows. Until one day they find the thing that keeps them Grounded.

All while others fe
Published October 15th 2018 (first published September 26th 2018)

To ask other readers questions about Just Breathe Anthology, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Just Breathe Anthology

Excessive~Reader
I’ll rate each story in the book as I read it. This anthology is filled with tragic stories. A lot of these storylines will make you cry, they did for me. Possibly a trigger for others.

First story in the book that drew me in to pick up this anthology and to read it was, The Raw. I’m blown away by the amount of pieces this novella has left me in. I was truly shocked silent by the epic plot twist. 5⭐

Story 1: Forbidden Sorrows, was something I’m thankful I can’t relate to but many can. The storyli
Di Covey
Sep 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
**All proceeds benefit To Write Love On Her Arms (TWLOHA) a non-profit movement dedicated to presenting hope and finding help for people struggling with depression, addiction, self-injury, and suicide. TWLOHA exists to encourage, inform, inspire, and also to invest directly into treatment and recovery.**

I received a review copy of Awake by Ashleigh Giannoccaro, just one of the stories within this Anthology. I'll be purchasing a copy on release day.

Leave it to Ashleigh Giannoccaro to make my skin
Kay Parker
Sep 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I've had the pleasure so far of reading two stories out of this collection, and I can't wait to read the rest! The two I've read are Purged by Livia Grant and Cocoon by Jennifer Bene - if the rest of the works inside this anthology are even half as good as those two, this is going to be an anthology to be remembered.

Purged is an exceptional story, set in the epic Black Light universe. It follows Khloe and Ryder (previously from the Valentine's Roulette anthology) and Khloe's eating disorders. No
Renee
Sep 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
While each piece is rated individually, as a collection this is a 5 star anthology. It covers a wide range of issues and the fact these authors were brave enough to tackle them and compassionate enough to give to such a phenomenal charity speaks volumes. I am incredibly thankful to each author who poured their souls into this because the words were powerful and moving. No matter what the individual rating was, nothing detracts from the value each piece has in this anthology. This definitely need ...more
Frances
So far this anthology is starting off amazing. The first two stories, is great and can't wait to read the rest.

Awake by A. Giannoccaro is that book that will give you the feeling of heebie jeebies. It will have you saying wtf, omg, and how while reading. This story is so strange you'll love it. Ashleigh, is amazing at what she does and she just added another great book to her list.

Ignite by Ally Vance is that book that will have you intrigued from the very beginning. It captures you. It goes fro
Bookgasms Book Blog
Sep 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ratula
This review is for Cocoon by Jennifer Bene.

I absolutely love Jennifer Bene's dark and psychological stories as they are addicting and the characters are consuming. Cocoon was a short novella that showcased one woman's life living with OCD and her tethers with the outside world and one man in particular.

Without giving away any spoilers, I really enjoyed this story as it highlighted the fact that that despite being in control of all facets of her life, there was one area that Amy could not contro
 Charlie  ✰ WLTB Blog ✰
Sep 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2018
I have so far only read two books from Just Breathe Anthology
Not going to go into details of these books as I don’t want to spoil any but if you are a fan of these authors give this a go.

Sickness in the Sunrise Yolanda Olson and Awake By A. Giannoccaro
Sickness in the Sunrise is good the author knows how to suck you into a story and leave you wanting more I liked the storyline. Yolanda never disappoints with her stories, I would really love a full-length book of this story.

Awake Is so good, oh th
Jamie
Sep 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The emotions that run rampant while reading this anthology are no joke.

Little Lies by Michelle Brown is an emotional rollercoaster of a ride. I'm still crying when I think of this book.

Awake by Ashleigh Giannoccaro is what nightmares are made of. I thought I was losing my mind and losing sleep right along with Ivy.

Forbidden Sorrows by Missy Ann is another emotional, heartbreaking story. The depth of sorrow that someone else's actions is a sad, sad life.

Hostile Takeover by Murphy Wallace gave me
Randimae Sherwood
Sep 23, 2018 rated it really liked it
I was given an ARC by Jane Anthony for The Row in this trilogy.
And my God was it good. I didn't want it to end. King is my new book boyfriend! He would do anything for Trinity. I felt all the feels with this book. I just wish it would have been longer! JANE I NEED MORE!!! I need to know how they met, King and Trinity's pasts, how did everything happen to make her the way she is and make him the way he is, how Trinity ended up in that position, how King ended up in that position, etc! And that tw
Lis Garcia
Sep 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Sickness in the Sunrise by Yolanda Olson is my first read for this book. The first story did not disappoint. The heart knows what it wants and will it get what it desires, if the mind lets it. Will the affection of one just burn in the rays of the sunrise? READ IT to find out.
This book has amazing authors and can't wait to read the stories from the rest of the authors.
Book Boyfriend Whoarder Mari
Sep 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
4.5 ⭐

This anthology took my breath away. It was beautifully written. I connected on some level to most stories. It gave me all the feels.

So many disorders and illnesses that one can deal with on a daily basis. Sometimes we don’t think about or give it much thought. It can be our neighbor, a clerk, a barista, our own partners or even ourselves.

Not only did this anthology bring light to some not so talked about subjects, it benefits a great cause! These authors put in time and effort to bring t
Tyi
Oct 08, 2018 rated it really liked it
I knew this anthology would be long. Each story within Just Breathe had significance. I loved how each author indicated what theme was being used within their story. The ones that jumped out the most were Forbidden Sorrow by Missy Ann, Grounded by Anna Edwards, Little Lies by Michelle Brown, Sickness in the Sunrise by Yolanda Olson, Ashes to Ashes by Natalie Bennett, and Tattered Pieces by Dani Rene. There are, of course, other stores within the anthology but these are the ones that made a lasti ...more
Alison bell
Oct 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Forbidden sorrows
Is a really heart wrenching story how a family start to recover after they find out something terrible.
My heart broke for them.

Grounded
Oh my god I never knew the extent of depression and anxiety in until I read this. It's heart felt and a really sad story. I do wish the story was longer to find out what happens next.

Little lies
This story is deep about a girl who self harms to feel alive. Its awful how people need to do that to themselves.

Wreckage
This story is about pmdd. I ca
Bridgett Brown
Sep 13, 2018 rated it really liked it
ok I've finished all the stories and overall I loved almost all of them.

Forbidden Sorrows - Missy Ann
A school Shooter has created mass panic on a school campus. We have all seen it on tv, but what if the shooter was a family member.

Grounded- Anna Edwards
Aniexty is the worse thing ever. Your body is telling you you suck, everyone is gonna see you mess up. In reality nobody cares. This is a story about a woman trying to deal with exactly that.

Little Lies- Michelle Brown
Sometimes Lindsey has to r
Becky Ballenger
Oct 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This anthology has so many phenomenal stories!!!!! Mental illness is a very difficult problem to discuss, so it’s amazing to have a bookfull of stories about mental illness!!!!! I absolutely loved this anthology!!!!! All the characters and their journeys!!!!!!
Anna Edwards
Sep 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Review to come
Dawn Yarrow
Sep 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I loved this anthology, it hits upon different issues that just aren't talked about in books and that's a shame as some of these stories you can relate to and some of them you have never heard of the condition before so it is fascinating to read.
Right from the start it opens with a story by Missy Ann who is a new author to me and i was blown away, it touches a topic from a different point of view that i have never seen before and i applaud her for that, i can't wait to read more from her in the
Philomena Callan Cheekypee
Sep 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Here is my review of books so far I’ve read. This is a fantastic anthology and I’m looking forward to reading more.

Ignite by Ally Vance

I jumped into this without reading a blurb. I’ve read a previous book by this author and loved it so couldn’t resist reading this. I wasn’t disappointed as it’s a great read.

Even though this is a short read I really liked it and when I had finished I was wishing it was a full length novel. Can’t wait to read more from this author.

Little Lies -Michelle Brown

Wow.
Katrina Haynes
Sep 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoy reading ARC Sickness in the Sunrise by Yolanda Olson.. Even though it was a short story it had me from page one til the last page.. I am speechless.. Now I am looking forward reading the rest of Anthology when it is release
Erika PBookHavenBookBlog
Sep 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I was able to read Little Lies by Michelle Brown

"Sitting down, I just breathe. I didn't even know this was something I needed. Just get away from all the drama, expectations, the pressure to be perfect, to just breathe."

I was quickly engrossed, immediately immersed, and easily enraptured by the poignant, heart-wrenching battle of a young girl struggling to rise against demons much bigger than herself. Pieced together for maximum impact, I was left winded, floored, and sighing with satisfaction a
Brittany Reece
Sep 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I was able to read Sickness In The Sunrise by Yolanda Olson and I was blown away by it. Yolanda is a master as luring you into the world of the characters and this is no exception. This is a story of love and how the mind can be a strong force to be reckoned with when the heart sees what it wants.
Book-Lovin-Momma
Oct 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This anthology is a gripping collection of short reads and teasers that touches on a number of afflictions that hits too close to home.

Forbidden Sorrows – Missy Ann: Lowen's not only dealing with her own grief, but that of everyone else's. How is she going to cope? I hope to get the rest of her story! It's a tragic time for her, but I hope she can find a way to get past such painful sorrow.

Grounded – Anna Edwards: Jasmine's anxiety attacks are well founded, this poor girl! How do you ground your
Gladys
Oct 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This amazing anthology contains a collection of entertaining, engaging and powerfully moving reads that help focus a spotlight on mental illness and disorders. It does contain sensitive subject matter that may be triggers for some and just too intense for others, so please, read with caution.

Purged by Livia Grant is such a heart aching read. A woman that seems to have it all but struggles with an eating disorder. This is a very deeply emotional story, that I felt provided a true harrowing look
 Tania
Oct 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I bow down to all these talented authors  for delivering an Anthology that most of us can relate to on some level. The stories in the anthology are based on real life events, events that are not really spoken about, some of these events will have you in tears. Your emotions will run deep.
***Warning ***
This anthology contains triggers

FORBIDDEN SORROWS
MISSY ANN
This book is the type of book that will stay with you forever.
Nothing in life is what it ever seems, so when tragedy strikes, You are sho
Rhonda
I'm reviewing 3 stories for this anthology:

Cocoon by Jennifer Bene
I don't normally read really dark romance but this one just called to me for some reason. In fact, the story just blew me away. I know people who deal with OCD and this story helped me to understand just how obsessive things can become. It was an awesome story that I have went back and read several times.

Purged by Livia Grant
With this story, we go back to Livia's Black Light world and get more with Ryder and Khloe. Eating disorde
Tamara Harrington
The Row by Jane Anthony
As with all things Jane I jumped in head first without a thought of what I was goign to be getting myself into and I was not disappointed.
Trinity and Kings story will have you clutching your heart with tears in your eyes. Even though this is just a short story there is so much love and emotion that is going on, I don't think that I have fully dealt with it all yet. The connection between these two and the things that they do for one another makes me want to know if my love
Teri
Oct 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This anthology is filled with short stories about emotional and mental issues that can at time be debilitating and sometimes manageable. Each of these stories tells one persons story and battle with the unseen and sometimes untreated challenges. Eating disorders, depression, anxiety, cutting, PMS on steriods, abuse. The stories are emotional and not always an easy read. These authors have banded together to bring awareness and resources. Yes I read them all and although I started out reviewing t ...more
Gina Burkart
Oct 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
this review is for Jennifer Bene Cocoon
this story is a short dark story that will grab you from the bening and have you hooked on to this story as it will grab hold of your dark twisted ride.
Jolene St Germain Triggs
Sep 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arcs
I was so honored to get a sneak peek at this anthology, specifically 'The Row' by Jane Anthony. What can I say? Beautifully written, gritty, with a 'real-ness' you don't often get with Novellas. Its just usually hard to get into the world of the truly deep characters within the confines of limited words, but this author does so WONDERFULLY! Trinity and King reel you in from the first moment and hold you tight. Its so tragic and gut wrenching! I'm not going to get into it but with my background i ...more
Teresa Lara
Sep 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Loved Jasmine story♡Looking forward to more of her and Heat.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
Romance Retreat: Just Breathe Anthology 1 14 Oct 26, 2018 07:27AM
  • Perfectly Flawed
  • Roulette Redux (Black Light #7)
  • Twisted Sacrament
  • War of Hearts (Storm MC Reloaded, #1)
  • Depravity (A Dahlia Saga Novel)
  • Protect Me (Spotlight Collection, #2)
  • Virulent
  • Vow of Honor (Vow, #3)
  • Cut & Blow: Book One (Cut & Blow, #1)
  • Cards of Love: Knight of Wands
  • Flower in the Dark
  • On A Silent Night
  • One Filthy Man
  • Chasing Fire: (Fire and Fury Book One)
  • Hardcore Vanilla (Stronghold Doms, #8)
  • Enjoy the Ride (Winter Games, #3)
  • The Lovers: Cards of Love
  • Suspicion (Black Light #8)
Michelle Brown is an International Bestselling Author. Michelle writes in multiple genres such as Mafia Romance, Dark Romance, Horror Fiction, and many more. She lives in a small town located in North Carolina, USA. A wife and mother, she writes stories that will break your heart only to put it back together again, just a bit bloodier. Michelle also co-writes with a close friend under the pen name ...more