Start by marking “Blood, Sweat, and My Rock 'n' Roll Years: Is Steve Katz a Rock Star?” as Want to Read:
Blood, Sweat, and My Rock 'n' Roll Years: Is Steve Katz a Rock Star?

Blood, Sweat, and My Rock 'n' Roll Years: Is Steve Katz a Rock Star?

On paper Steve Katz's career rivals anyone's except the 1960s' and '70's biggest stars: the Monterey Pop Festival with the legendary Blues Project, Woodstock with Blood, Sweat & Tears, and even producing rock's most celebrated speed addict, Lou Reed. There were world tours, and his r�sum� screams "Hall of Fame" -- it won't be long before BS&T are on that ballot. He ...more
Published April 1st 2019 by Lyons Press (first published May 1st 2015)

To ask other readers questions about Blood, Sweat, and My Rock 'n' Roll Years, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Blood, Sweat, and My Rock 'n' Roll Years

Kathryn
The more I read rock and roll memoirs, the more I'm convinced it's required for at least two chief members of a successful group to butt heads and fall out with spectacular hand gestures and bitter, four-letter words. Lennon sniped with McCartney, Stanley rolls his eyes at Simmons's every PR stunt, and Perry seems to barely tolerate Tyler (you get that impression from his book). Everybody has a frenemy in the business, the person with whom you work while you look at your watch to check for quitt ...more
Teclina
Jul 12, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A brutally honest depressing book- a page turner about music history, a cautionary tale of bad judgement and missed opportunities.
Lisa Bentley
I can’t lie to you and say I knew much about Steve Katz before reading his memoir. I had heard of Blood, Sweat and Tears but being born in the 80s BS&T were a bit before my time. It was nice to go into a book without any preconceptions about an artist. That is exactly what I got as I read Blood, Sweat, and My Rock ‘n’ Roll Years – Is Steve Katz a Rock Star?

What I was treated to was a biased version of events of what happened – oh, don’t argue, we all see things from our own biased perspectiv
Cynthia
Nov 20, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
this is a fun and interesting journey into the 1960s and the early days of blues/rock. inevitably it feels like katz spends a lot of time talking about how much he hated some of his old rock star compadres and how he got screwed over by the men in suits, including his own brother. but mostly its a pretty happy tale and is full of a sense of appreciation for a cool life of great experiences.
Grace
Jun 01, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2016-reads
Bob
May 16, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Short book, 230 pages. Not an in-depth view of Steve's entire life, but more a series of vignettes, largely focusing on the people he least got along with. A number of rare photos, and maybe could have used some more details about recording with BS&T.
Barbara
Jun 09, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Bought and had this signed when I heard Steve Katz read and perform in person. He's sort of a Forrest Gump of '60s and '70s rock as well as the earlier Greenwich Village folk scene, in the center of it all. Candid, funny and self-deprecating and a real insider's view.
Jack
May 02, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: signed
Brutally honest and a good read. Highly recommended.
John Dimoia