Start by marking “Crushing: It's Not the End!” as Want to Read:
Crushing: It's Not the End!

Crushing: It's Not the End!

Bestselling inspirational author T.D. Jakes reveals God's process for our growth and how we can benefit from life's challenging experiences.

In this insightful book, #1 New York Times bestselling author T.D. Jakes wrestles with the age-old questions: Why do the righteous suffer? Where is God in all the injustice?

In his most personal offering yet, Bishop Jakes tells crushing
Published April 16th 2019 by FaithWords

To ask other readers questions about Crushing, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Crushing

Naomi
Apr 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
Full Blog Review in Progress:

I am a massive fan of TD Jakes. He is my number one religious writer I read, so I was extremely excited to see this for review on Netgalley.

While this book is not my favorite of this author's (that award goes to Instinct), this is an excellent book. Be prepared for a more religious book than what I have seen from him before with it being much heavier on biblical reference.

I have to say as one going through a really difficult time and found this book pretty timely f
Zachary Houle
Apr 24, 2019 rated it it was ok
In the past, I’ve given Christian author T. D. Jakes a pass because he’s so darn likable and, while an evangelical, has a theology that is somewhat palpable. (After all, it is said that his views on the gay community are “evolving,” and that can only be a good thing.) He recently published a book called SOAR!, which was about how to be an entrepreneur and be Christian about it. It was a charismatic book, probably due to the fact that in talking about how to be a good businessman, the Christian t ...more
Alexander Rivas
May 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2019-books-read
The message in this book is not a new message I have not come across before but it is an important message that must be relearned throughout the journey called "life." It is a message of "loving your process", "long-term thinking", "enjoying the journey", and many other ways this message has been taught. I love when a Christian uses a simple message from the Holy Bible and goes deep into that message, in this case, a whole book because the Holy Bible has that unique aspect to it. The metaphor of ...more
Matt McAlear
Thought the core concept of the book was very solid. However, it seemed like there was a lot of fluff added into the book. The 8 hour audible read could have been condensed down to 2 or 3 hours of content. I also didn't like that he repeats his sentences 5 or so times throughout a chapter. I thought my audible app was broken at first. Besides those sticking points I would highly recommend this book for anyone going through trials or tribulations in life. A brilliant perspective to keep in mind a ...more
Bethany Scott
May 20, 2019 rated it liked it
The book is meant for anyone who is going through a rough patch. Bishop's theology - which includes, alas atonement theology - makes for a read that is meant to be encouraging. Bishop goes on to descibe his belief that if you're going through a rough patch, God is crushing you like a vintner does to a grape to turn you into a new and better person. The author has never met a wine metaphor or allegory that he didn't like, and this book is full of them - comparing the season of crushing, fermentat ...more
Annemarie Carrigan
Apr 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Brandi Armstead
Apr 30, 2019 rated it really liked it
The book was good and blessed me during the current season I am in. It was an indication that this is just a season and God is preparing me for something greater but I have to be patient. This book is good for the soul.
Shannan Harper
May 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Using how grapes are turned into wine, as well as from personal experiences in his life, Bishop Jakes shows us some of the reasoning for suffering, as well as how we should be able to not only overcome, but also learn from the experience..
Jkociela
Apr 24, 2019 rated it it was ok
Pretty much the same old, same old. It appears to me that once you have read one of his books you have for the most part read all of them.
William O'Neal II
May 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Crushing always comes before the promise, just as the cross must come before the crown. But remember, there IS a crown and the crushing is not the end. Phenomenal read.
Nisha Devdhat
May 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book spoke directly to my circumstances, and helped revive a hope in me that was almost dead.
Gerald Padmore
Apr 27, 2019
Tricia Canton
Apr 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Amazing

I was in tears by the end of this book. Such a profound, biblical take on the harrowing crushing seasons we endure in this life. If you find yourself undergoing hardships that you don’t understand, and you want a godly perspective, this is the book for you.
Joseph B. George
Thank you for this amazing book! I love how he explains the scriptures. That's where he's best at to me because obeying the scriptures is how we live life in abundance. There's no way around it. It's fascinating. God watches how we handle problems that He creates for us. This book has motivated me to be what God created me to be by being obedient. It's deep and it should be required reading for all Christians. There will be problems and pain in life but God has promised to deliver.
Renate
May 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Amazing read!!!! Eyes have been opened to soo many truths

Very clear in thought and description. You can’t misunderstand what is being said. It’s a process from chapter 1 to the very end. By the time you done it all makes absolute sense!!!

Thank you T.D. Jakes for being so truthful and real!!! Just what I needed
Jacqueline Morgan
Heartfelt

After reading yet another heartfelt version of Bishop Jakes heart expressed reasoning and believes that are geared towards helping us become what God has ordained us to be I now understand my crushing period. I now understand why I had to bleed so much, it was for my good, it was for me to let go off my will and desires and allow my maker to mold me into His purpose for my life. Thank you again Bishop for pushing me further along. Be blessed sir!
Delores F. Adams
Amazing

This book is intimate, thoughtful and life changing. It provides guidance, direction and new insight into why we experience the seasons in our lives and a different perspective on how we should view and process them. Our Crushing experiences are not the end, but the beginning of us becoming who God wants and intended us to be. Wow, what an awesome word!!!
Tyree Robinson
May 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Truly, truly, truly one of the most inspiring, teaching and awesome book I have read in awhile.

"Your crushing is not the end!
It's only the beginning."
Natasha Herbert
Apr 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great book

This book is a good read for someone going through a trial or leaving one. A reminder that God is working all things for our good!
Yvonne Cana
F
Mary A.
Jan
Feb 04, 2019
Bishop T.D. Jakes is the author of the bestsellers God's Leading Lady; The Lady, Her Lover and Her Lord; Maximize the Moment; The Great Investment; His Lady; Woman, Thou art Loosed (the film of which won the Best Film Award at the Santa Barbara Film Festival) and He-Motions. His daily morning show The Potter's Touch and weekly broadcast The Potter's House air on Trinity Broadcasting Network and Bl ...more
“As a parent, you are called to carry the loads of your children that are too heavy for them, and you even want to carry the lighter” 0 likes