Start by marking “Twinchantment” as Want to Read:
Twinchantment

Twinchantment

really liked it 4.00  ·  Rating details ·  20 ratings  ·  11 reviews
In the kingdom of Kaloon, nothing is quite as it seems....

"Y-y-y-you," he stammered, and Flissa turned to see he'd gone ashen. "T-t-t-two of you!"
Uh-oh. Flissa reached up and checked. Sure enough, her hood had fallen off. Their secret was out.
Princesses Flissa and Sara are even closer than most twins. In fact, most of the kingdom thinks they're the same person.
When magic
Published April 9th 2019 by Disney-Hyperion

To ask other readers questions about Twinchantment, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Twinchantment

really liked it 4.00  ·

Lola
I don’t remember the last time I gave a book a 2.5 rating but it feels appropriate in this case because this is a story that has a decent idea but a not-so-interesting execution.

It’s about two twins – Flissa and Sara – who live in a kingdom devoid of magical beings because once upon a time magic caused great harm to the kingdom. The Fantasy genre is usually dramatic like that.

That’s not a new idea. I have read books in the past that featured a magic-less world with characters trying to restore i
Fafa's Book Corner
Mini review:

DNF

Content warning: Mention of death and war.

I received this E-ARC via Disney Book Group and Netgalley in exchange for an honest review. I requested this awhile back and thought it sounded interesting. Unfortunately it wasn't for me.

I found the prologue to be very info-dumpy. I didn't care for the plot, characters, or the world. So I decided to DNF.

I still recommend. I'm sure others will enjoy it more.
Jessica
Nov 07, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: own, middle-grade, fantasy
Thrilling tale of forbidden magic and adventure, with one of my favorite things ever: SIBLINGS THAT GET ALONG! Wooohoooo! That's right! Twins who are different, yet still love each other, and I am HERE FOR IT!

Also, really clever magic system, plenty of intrigue, and some very different and engaging adventures, including killer grass and acid spitting dragons!
Kirsti Call
Mar 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
'"Let's not wait until a better way comes along--let's make a better way come along. Our Ascension Ceremony's next week, right? Once it's over, and we're officially in line for the throne, let's just tell the truth!"

"The truth?" Flissa echoed. "About us?"'

This magical adventure features princess twins who must pretend that they are one person. What an incredible hook! I found this story engaging, fast-paced, intriguing and filled with mystery. THe sisters perfectly balance each other out in a w
Meredith Spidel
Jan 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I love the twin-ness in this book! I have long been fascinated by twins, and this is such a unique, creative tale that appeals to not only middle-age readers, but their parents as well ;) Thank you, Disney for sending us this ARC--we love it!
I received an ARC from NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.

In a kingdom where magic is forbidden, the royal family is hiding a large secret: twins!

Meet Flissara, the princess of Kaloon. Except, she's a little different than the other princesses: she's actually two different people! Twin princesses Flissa and Sara share everything: a birthday, a room, duties, and a life. Due to superstition regarding twins and magic, they have spent their whole lives pretending to be one another and one pe
Jennifer Murphy
Jan 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A delightful book about twins, who for 11 years have tried to be one person, that discovery the truth about many things ... themselves, magic and the history of their country. It's a refreshing look at the bonds of identical twins as they go on their first adventure together. I look forward to the continuation of their story.
Gmr
Apr 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: own
Once upon a time in a kingdom far away, a royal family ruled in fairness and light...until one day they were betrayed by the very magic they held dear, leaving them a scarred version of their former selves. To protect themselves from future attacks, declarations were made, rules created, and measures taken to remove all that could potentially hold the power to create chaos once again...or so they thought.

First, keeping the girls straight is actually more of a challenge than I at first thought..
Jaymie
Apr 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
[I received an electronic copy of this book from Netgalley in exchange for an honest review. All opinions are my own.]

A fun fantasy tale starring a set of twins in a magical world where twins aren't allowed. I loved the exploration of identity in this as the girls go on an adventure where they get to truly be themselves instead of having to pretend to be one person. It's an interesting magical world, too. The events of this book leave questions for the sequel about how things might change in the
Corinne
Mar 01, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2019, fantasy, young-adult
I received an ARC from my local library. I picked it up because this was the type of book that I loved to read when I was younger. Overall it was very cute, but I just couldn't get into the story. I felt like I was almost all the way through the book before I really got a feel for each girls personalities and strengths. It is also the first in a series, so there's a lot more to the story that was left hanging.
Courtney
Mar 28, 2019 rated it it was ok
Every time I tried to go back to reading and finishing this book, I was sad that I was still reading it and not something else. Even for a lower-level fantasy book, it was just flat. I also felt bad for poor Galric because every time I saw his name, I thought it was Garlic and that's just not fair.
Rachel Benzine
Apr 14, 2019
J Hubbard
Mar 31, 2019
Nora
rated it did not like it
Apr 02, 2019