Start by marking “The Hotter They Come (Romancing the Seas, #1)” as Want to Read:
The Hotter They Come (Romancing the Seas, #1)

The Hotter They Come

(Romancing the Seas #1)

When Piper’s job sends her undercover to spy on Jack - the beyond sexy hook-up she can’t stop thinking about - she is forced to decide if her job is more important than her happiness.

HAPPINESS HAS A PRICE

Captain Jack Spencer owns and runs a whale watching company, Ahoy, Matey. When his business takes off, a jealous rival wants him and his company gone. Jack has no idea the
Kindle Edition, 1st Edition, 93 pages
Published September 11th 2018 by Boroughs Publishing Group (first published October 25th 2016)

To ask other readers questions about The Hotter They Come, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Hotter They Come

Start your review of The Hotter They Come (Romancing the Seas, #1)
poppy
Sep 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I really loved this book it was a great read and I really enjoyed it. It had a super storyline full of drama and mystery and lots of heat between Jack and Piper who were great characters that you cannot help but like. Once I started reading it I did not want to put it down it is a super read
Tanya
Sep 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
He has a successful whale watching company. Now someone wants to destroy it and she is sent undercover to do just that. It will not be so easy as she is drawn to him. Soon she will need to decide what to with and whatever it is she will not be happy. Lose him or her job she loves. See which she will pick

Nadea Croix
Sep 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A well written, developed, and compelling. Definitely had me wanting to read page after page and not put down till it was finished.

Leah
Nov 03, 2018 rated it did not like it
I mean, thanks for the chuckle. And the cringe-fest.
Credit where credit is due, this tried. It tried really *really* hard.
Michelle
Sep 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2018, 5-star-read, arc
The Hotter They Come is full of drama, angst, mystery, suspense and an intense love story. Torn between her job and the man she loves Piper must decide what to do. Jack fell hard for Piper and is caught up in her beauty. Can their relationship survive. Great writing, believable well developed characters and a beautiful romance make this a must read. I voluntarily reviewed an advanced reader copy of this book.
Victoria
Oct 16, 2018 rated it really liked it
THE HOTTER THEY COME IS A VERY HOT AND ROMANTIC READ. I ENJOYED THE WELL WRITTEN STORY LINE AND THE CHARACTERS. PIPER WORKS FOR A TABLOID TV SHOW WHO WANTS HER TO INVESTIGATE CAPTAIN JACK SPENCER AND HIS BUSINESS. DURING HER INVESTIGATION, SHE LEARNS SHE MEANT JACK AT A PARTY WHERE THEY HAD SOME HOT AND UNBELIEVABLE SEX. SINCE THE PARTY, NEITHER PIPER AND CAPITAL JACK COULD FORGET THE OTHER. CAPTAIN JACK AND PIPER ARE SO HOT TOGETHER. THEIR CHEMISTRY IS SO UNDENIABLE AND THEY STEAMED UP THE PAGE ...more
Jeanne Richardson
Sep 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I received a free copy of this book via Booksprout and I’m voluntarily leaving a review.

This is the 1st book I've read written by Roxanne D. Howard; she has done a great job at writing a good book. I can’t wait to read more of her books.

I loved the chemistry between the characters.
Mari's Struggle is Real
Nov 14, 2018 rated it really liked it
This was a great read although it was very quick. Read it all in one sitting. The sex scenes were hot and I really liked the characters. I can’t wait to read more on Jake and Piper. Ends in a cliffhanger so there’s more to it.

This ARC book was complimentary, provided by the Publisher and NetGalley. I am voluntarily providing my honest review.
Book-Lovin-Momma
Feb 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
Piper was sent undercover to do an exposé on Jack and his company, but once she realized things were not as they seemed, all bets were off. They had one day together before things fell apart. This book was the first of a trilogy for these two featuring the beginning of a romance on the high seas. It was steamy, but also set the stage for Jack and Piper's adventures to come.
Pat
Sep 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This book was such an enjoyable read from the very first page! The great character and storyline development kept me totally enthralled from page to page and I remained totally engaged until the very last page!
Kimberly
Sep 14, 2018 rated it really liked it
The book is a good romance read. The story has a good story line. The characters are good. The story is packed full of mystery, suspense, drama, and lots of sexy times read.

Lori Amey
Sep 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Jack and Piper are so hot together!!!

I loved Jack and Piper's story. It was packed full of mystery, suspense, drama and lots of sexy times. I can't wait to read what comes next. This is a must read, get your copy today.
United Indie Book Blog
Oct 08, 2018 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed reading The Hotter They Come, its packed full of suspense and romance. Piper is undercover and sent to investigate Jack, the sparks fly and the twists keep you on your toes. Great writing, storyline and characters.

REVIEW BY RAYCHEL
Karen
Sep 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
This book is a good storyline that is intriguing with mystery and drama. The characters are engaging. I do appreciate reading this book.
Brandi Duncan
Oct 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
This was a quick read. It jumps right into the story but I still liked it. I could picture Captain Jack in my head and wow he was hot. Both characters were strong and sincere. I liked the story. I definitely need to read the next book asap. It does end in a cliffhanger though.
Kari Hansen
Sep 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
Piper is a undercover reporter who was sent to investigate Jack’s whale watching business by a rival. They have developed feelings for each other, but things become complicated when she must choose between her and assignment and him and how will he feel when the truth is revealed?

Heat, suspense and twists will keep you entertained until the last page. I voluntarily reviewed an Advance Reader Copy of this book.

Sophie (slovenianbookworm)
Here’s the thing, I loved how this story started – masquerade ball? I’m in. But their one night stand was honestly cringe worthy. It all happened too fast (before the sex I mean), it lacked details and suddenly they started having sex. Like I need to feel the chemistry first, you know? Reading the sex part made me cringe and I just didn’t feel connected to the characters at that point.

I know I’m repeating myself from book to book but this one was short also. Too short. In fact, when I requested
Vinessa Wooten
Feb 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Jack is the captain of a whale watching business his business is in high demand and causes jealousy and others Piper is reporter for a TV show ugh hate TV shows based on catching people doing the wrong thing.
The problem is Piper and Jack have met before they had a great time together but now the problem is Piper is investigating him based on lies that were told to her for her TV show trying to catch. Doing wrong falling for him was not in the cards but it happened anyway now Piper has a dilemma
Helena#bookdreamer
This was a quick, sexy read with plenty of hot sex. Jake and Piper have incredible sexual chemistry that takes off the day they meet at a mascarade ball. She's a undercover report who falls for Captain Jack. While it was a decent novella it does end with a cliffhanger which is a bummer.

Thank you Netgalley for providing this ARC in exchange for an honest review.
Hana Slabáková
Sue MacKenzie
Juana
Kelly Lauffenburger
Sep 11, 2018

• No Prince Charming (Secrets of Stone #1)
  • Owen (Undercover Billionaire, #3)
  • Wild Temptation (Wilder Irish, #5)
  • Dangerous Desires (Dangerous Beauty, #2)
  • Suddenly Mine (Montgomery Brothers, #8)
  • Craving Forbidden
  • My Dad's Rival's Secret Baby (My Secret Baby, #2)
  • The Neighbor
  • Say Yes
  • One Night of Surrender (Wicked Dukes Club #2)
  • Love Uncovered
  • Claiming Amber
  • The Baby Plan
  • In Her Wake (Ten Tiny Breaths, #0.5)
  • The Body Painter (Master of Trickery Duet, #1)
  • London's Late Night Scandal (Midnight Secrets, #3)
  • Risky Play (Red Card, #1)
  • Big Player (Size Matters #3)
Roxanne D. Howard is a romance novelist who resides in the mid-western United States. She is a RWA PAN member. She loves to read poetry, classical literature, and Stephen King. She is also an avid Star Wars fan, musical theater nut, and loves everything related to marine biology. She is the proud mother of two beautiful girls, several pets, and loves to spend time with her husband and children whe ...more

Romancing the Seas (2 books)
  • The Harder They Fall (Romancing the Seas, #2)