Start by marking “Only Ever After (River Bend, #2)” as Want to Read:
Only Ever After (River Bend, #2)

Only Ever After (River Bend, #2)

4.38  ·  Rating details ·  42 Ratings  ·  32 Reviews
Hillary Dubas has everything she’s ever wanted. A family who loves her, friends who are always there for her, and a successful bakery she’s poured her heart and soul into. The one thing missing is love. Finding her Ever After in her hometown is not so easy, though. In fact, it’s really more of a nightmare. Especially when the only kissing she’s doing is with a man who’s al ...more
ebook
Published October 3rd 2018 by River Mist Media (first published September 30th 2018)

To ask other readers questions about Only Ever After, please sign up.
Niecey Roy I love this! And I promise, Mason and Clarke will get a story 😁 as for Mia...she does too. But who she ends up with will be a secret until the cover…moreI love this! And I promise, Mason and Clarke will get a story 😁 as for Mia...she does too. But who she ends up with will be a secret until the cover reveal, I think... haha! I’m a brat 🤣 I’m so glad you fell in love with all of these characters. I have too! Shelby too :) And they will all eventually get their own story. You’re the best! Thank you for reading ❤️
Smooches,
Niecey(less)

Angie McGuire
Sep 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
You never know what you are going to get when you read about friends turned to lovers. We're they always in love with each other and hid their affections? Was it a brother/sister best friend type of friendship? Was it just someone you've known all of your life and just didn't see it? Well, you're going to have to read this book to figure it out, because this book is worth the read.

You have this gaggle of friends, sisters, parents and grandparents and old-church ladies who always seem to be in t
BookAddict
Sep 30, 2018 rated it really liked it
Trey and Hillary have known each other most of their lives, ever since his family moved in next door to her grandmother. She’s the one he likes to tease and torment, and he’s the one who can make her scream in outrage one minute and then coax a smile from when she’s down. Some might call them friends. They’ve never thought of the other as relationship material, but somewhere along the line, that slowly begins to change. Maybe it’s because Hillary hasn’t dated anyone recently and her mother keeps ...more
Tania's Book Blog
Sep 30, 2018 rated it really liked it
This was a cute friends to lovers story. Trey and Hillary weren’t best friends but they’ve been childhood friends. They’ve never had any feelings like that towards each other until one night that Trey kissed her and things escalated. But then Hillary tried to forget about it and Trey wasn’t. That kiss opened up feelings he never thought he could have for someone and he wanted everything with her.

Hillary tried to fight everything along the way. She expected her friends to side with her but they d
Candy
This was my first read of Niecey and I loved it! OMG! I couldn't put it down. I loved the beginning and the end was just perfect. This was a great story for Hillary and Trey. The dynamics of these two is just the best and it leads us to know that there is someone out there that completes one's life. Frenemies is the only way to to label this story. The only way to describe Trey and Hillary is meant to be and the back and forth of these two only proved it.
Niecey has a gifted talent with telling
Lheanne Spicer
Sep 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Trey Thompson, that’s all I need to say!! Niecey Roy made me fall in love with him from the very beginning!! Hillary and Trey are perfect for each other and everyone can see it except her. I couldn’t put this book down and loved reading this story, Trey is amazing and everything he does to win Hillary’s heart will melt yours! This book might just be my favorite book of Niecey’s so far and I can’t wait to see what she had in-store for us next.
Jenifer
Hillary & Trey have had a "who can irritate who the most" relationship since they've been little. He's literally the boy next door (to her grandma's). I loved their give and take banter.
But then something clicked... their 'I hate you/i love you' friendship takes a less 'I hate you' turn.
I loved these two! If only they can finally figure out where their true feelings lie. Their friends, family, and their small town make for an overall funny rounded story.

So much fun & frustration, my he
Tish Cocktails & Fairytales
This was a very cute friends to lovers story. Absolutely adored Hillary and Trey from the very beginning. It was a sassy, sweet and heartwarming book. I didn't want to put it down
Melissa Meyer
Sep 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Love this friends to lovers, small town romance! I felt like I belong in the town and watched this witty, sweet, and hot story play out sitting in a booth in Pam’s Diner or at Angie’s painting ceramics with the girls. Can’t wait to get more stories from River Bend!
Nicole Ortiz
Sep 29, 2018 rated it really liked it
I loved Hilary and Trey's story. This is the second book in this series and I loved the banter between these two in the first story and I loved it in their story too. This was funny, romantic, heartbreaking and a little drama added in. This is a friends to lovers in a small town romance. You have Hilary the good girl and Trey the manwhore who have known each other since they were 8. Trey seemed to enjoy pissing Hilary off every time they see each other and it was funny reading what happens when ...more
Ebbie ~Author Groupies
Oct 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing

Only Ever After is the second book in the River Bend series. I have fallen in love with these small town romance stories. This book is about Trey and Hillary; they have known each other for most of their lives. They have only ever been friends and didn’t see each other in a romantic way. However that could change. Trey notices her and the fact that she’s just dating anyone with no real purpose.

I loved Hillary and Trey. Hillary was self assured, kind and driven. Trey is a great guy but is trying
Oct 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
5 STARS

Let me start by saying this:  Only Ever After is the best friends to lovers story I've ever read. Its got the perfect combination of sweetness, sass, and one-upmanship that makes for a fun, heart-warming read.

Hillary and Trey are childhood friends. Trey is back in their small town to take care of his grandfather after being in the military. Hillary owns the bakery in town, and doesn't have time for much else. When you see them together for the first time, you almost get a sense of siblin
Lisa
Oct 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Holy Cow! I don't even know where to start telling you how much I loved this one! Trey is the new love of my life and I have claimed him as my own!
Niecey Roy is back! And she has once again pulled me right into River Bend and made me what to pack up and move to this amazing small town with this group of characters that I can't help but love.
I have loved Trey and Hillary since we met them in With Every Breath (the first book in this series) and have been dying to get my hands on their story sinc
Sharon Moritz-rosenthal
Oct 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I received a review copy of the book before release for an honest review.

This is book 2 in the series and it easily stands alone. It takes us to a small town River Bend where everyone knows everyone and everyone grew up together. It introduces us to Trey and Hillary who are close family friends and close friends but who have never even shared a kiss. Until they do and that is when Trey decides he is all in but Hillary, thinks he is a bad bet and so the convincing begins...

I loved this entire sto
Jennifer Pierson
Oct 07, 2018 rated it really liked it
Hillary Dubas has always been a responsible woman, so she is succeeding in her professional life with her bakery, but she's lonely, as she can't seem to find love. She has this friend named Trey Thompson, but he's a bit of a man whore, so she's never gone there. Lately though, when they are together, there's sparks flying everywhere, so she finds herself kissing him a lot. That leads to a hook up that was so hot, that they lit the sheets on fire, but she still can't let her heart get involved, b ...more
Heather
Oct 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Hillary is a twenty six year old who owns and runs the bakery in town. Trey is a Navy vet who is currently a firefighter and a furniture builder. Trey and Hillary have known each other since they were little. They’ve always been friends, but act more like siblings. They drive each other crazy. They have an attraction but never act on it. Her, because she knows he’s a playboy who will never settle down. Him, because he thinks she deserves better. But after one kiss they both can’t stop thinking a ...more
Angela's Book Addiction
Only Ever After by Niecey Roy is a small town, friends to lovers, contemporary romance. Although it is book two in her River Bend series, it's not necessary to have read book one as each book is a standalone.

This is the first book that I've read by the author and I absolutely loved it! The main characters were well-developed, likeable and relatable. There were also many fantastic side characters that I'm interested to read more about in future books.

I loved the chemistry between Hillary and
Jennifer Hanson
Oct 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely loved book one in this series and have been waiting a long time for book two and I wasn't disappointed. Even though this is book two in the series, I don't think you have to read book one to be able to read this one. I adore Hills and Trey. They are such fun and likeable characters that could be your best friends in real life. I enjoyed every single page of their story. I couldn't wait to find out what they were up to next and if they would end up together or not. River Bend has bec ...more
Janice
Oct 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A Review of Only Ever After by Niecey Roy

Hillary and Trey - 5++ Stars

This one will tug at your heart and make you realize that things may not always be what we think they are and sometimes they are even worse than we thought they were. Trey and Hillary have been dancing around each other since they were young kids and the only way he knew to deal with his feelings was to antagonize her. You will want to pick this one up as soon as you can and keep it on your re-read list, it's that good.

Favori
Stacy
Sep 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I LOVED this story! Really, it was amazing! The characters were well written. They were fun, lovable, & easily relatable. I felt like these could be my people that I would hang out with & be friends with. They each had their own personality & flaws or quirks but that just made the more real. The storyline was fantastic. It kept you engaged & wanting to continue reading. Several times I found myself talking to the characters even though they couldn't hear me. I was so suc
Meloney
Oct 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Only Ever After is the second book in the River Bend series were you will feel all those heart felt emtions with Trey and Hillary story. Trey is the towns playboy that swears he will never fall in love and settle down. Hillary is a bakery owner that never has time for herself but wants to find her true love. Trey and Hillary have been friends since grade school and put each other on the "off limits" list until a drunken kiss that has both rethinking that list. Another great emtional feels book f ...more
Cindy
Oct 09, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc-books-2018
Only Ever After was a cute friends to lovers romance I enjoyed. Trey and Hillary having known and been friends for as long as they both could remember nothing sexual ever passed between them. But a kiss one night changes things.

I really enjoyed the book, only had a couple of issues. Sometimes I felt it was really to packed with info we didn't need and the smoking was something I really don't like in books. But it was a fun, hilarious, sexy friends to lovers romance I enjoyed.

*I voluntarily rea
Nancy
Oct 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Heartwarming

I want to move to River Bend and hang out with Hillary and the gang. Eat kolaches at Sweet Treat and gossip with old ladies at pottery class.

Hillary Dubas and Trey Thompson have been friends since childhood. Trey came back to River Bend after years in the navy. They like to bicker and piss each other off. But a dormant feelings was awaken after that one rainy night.

This small town romance is a very enjoyable read! I love how Betty, the smut blogger, meddles with Hillary's love life.
Kristi
Oct 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
As always Niecey amazes me. If it weren't for her stories I wouldn't have ever fallen in love with Rom-Com. This book gives me all the feels. I was frustrated, had sad tears, happy tears, laughing out loud to where my boyfriend thought I was crazy. Lol. I'm hooked on these characters and their story. Trey........oh my Trey! If you haven't checked out The River Bend stories you really, really should ASAP!
Susan
Oct 06, 2018 rated it really liked it
Niecey Roy is a relatively new author to me. I was looking forward to reading Only Ever After, and I'm so glad that I did!

Trey and Hillary had been neighbors growing up and had been friends. Niether thought much of the other romantically. But Trey returns to town, and ends up staying. And then he kissed her.

I love a good childhood friends-to-lovers story, and Only Ever After fit that bill! I definitely recommend it, and look forward to more from Niecey Roy!
Barbara Abney
Oct 02, 2018 rated it really liked it
Awww!!! I love a friends to lovers story and this did not disappoint! This is Hillary and Trey's story and I loved the banter between these two characters! Actually, I loved all the characters in this! This story will make you laugh and shed a tear or two and even at one point, I was cheering! I'm looking forward to more of this series!
Kaitlyn
Oct 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Small town romances are my absolute favorite!! Add in a group of friends and crazy old ladies and you have everything and then some in this book!! Hillary and Trey caught my attention right away and didn’t let go! I couldn’t put it down and had to know what happened next!! It was an adventure and fun to go back to a favorite town of mine!!! I can’t wait for my next adventure back to River Bend!!
Danielle Brass
Oct 02, 2018 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this book, it’s a great addition to the series.
I love how Niecey writes characters like they could easily be part of your of neighboring town. They are fun, quirky, charming and lovable.
I’d definitely recommend this book, as well as book 1, to my fellow readers!
Jena Stelly
Oct 12, 2018 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this book. I liked how Trey and Hillary got together. It was fun to read. I also really enjoyed the ending. I found the middle of the story a bit repetitive. Overall it was a fun read.
Danielle
Oct 07, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Team Trellary!!!

Great book, perfect mix of angst and romance. I loved the banter of the older women, and Trey's interaction with his sister.
Cassie
Oct 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
4.5 Stars!

I ❤ Hillary & Trey. I adore the residents of River Bend. I need more...

This book has it all; fun, sassy, loyal characters, it was emotional, sexy and very entertaining.
Once upon a time, there was a young girl who wrote sappy poetry about every relationship gone wrong. She had her heart broken many times before the man of her dreams stepped off a big Navy ship and swept her off her feet, promising to never hold her shoe obsession against her.

From that day forward, she swore she’d never again write sappy poetry of unrequited love. Instead, a sucker for smooches an