Start by marking “lemon acuarelas” as Want to Read:
lemon acuarelas

lemon acuarelas

cheyenne raine explores the themes of culture, faith, love, and more in a bilingual collection of poetry. lemon acuarelas is soaked in light and things that feel both sweet and sour.
Published September 7th 2018 by Create Space

To ask other readers questions about lemon acuarelas, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about lemon acuarelas

Start your review of lemon acuarelas
Shelby Leigh
Aug 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I've read all of Raine's work, and every poetry collection gets better and better. I love the incorporation of her culture, and the use of two languages. It is so unique, personal and real. If you love poetry, you definitely don't want to miss this collection.
Kimberly (kimberly_reads)
I would like to thank the author, Cheyenne Raine, for sending me a copy of her book in exchange for a honest review!

I absolutely loved this poetry collection. Throughout my reading experience, I felt as if I was having the first conversations with someone who'd grow to become my best friend. Cheyenne has a magical way with words that makes you feel that you are right beside her through this journey of life experiences. From discussing her culture, her faith, and how it feels to be deeply in love
Jessica C Writes
i am obviously not the intended audience for this book because i do not speak/read spanish, so i could not understand 1/2 of this book.

however, i did translate a couple of them w/ the little spanish knowledge i have and they were very good. i wish that i was able to comprehend the rest of the poems, but i’m sure they are amazing ! from the english sections, i gathered what the majority of them were about, and they were very good.

plus, i’ve read cheyenne’s work before and i really enjoyed it!
Bibliophile Brew
Aug 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I've been so lucky to be given the chance to read and review Raine's newest addition Lemon Acureles. Cheyenne Raine has a way with words whereby even the coldest heartless person might feel a stir in them when they come across her work.

If you've read her previous work (if you haven't, you're really missing out), you'd know that Raine can make you feel awed by her words when it comes to love poems. There's no doubt she's one of the best at it. Unlike the usual poetry out there, Raine took a leap
Gretchen Gomez
Dec 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2018, poetry-verse
i stan this book so much. this is a bilingual poetry collection filled with culture, love, sweetness, faith, family, friendship, and so much more. i fell in love with each and every poem because they all individually stood out. this is a must read.
Gaby
Sep 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
what a beautiful and radiant collection of poetry. it is filled with light and peppered with lemons.
Dorka
Aug 22, 2018 rated it really liked it
One of the first things I learned about the book that it is bilingual! The poems can be found both in English and Spanish. I don’t speak Spanish but I always appreciate when there are more than one languages included in a book! I also really liked that it had a table of contents, I always find that a nice touch in books! The book is devided into four parts: labyrinths, the love, lullabies, and other poems. These sections include topics like: culture, family, friendship, love, aztec history, jung ...more
Patty
Aug 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Each section I felt a deep connection with, but I believe my favorite was "el amor", I'll tell you why later on in my review.

So here is a little bit about why I liked each section. First, "los laberintos"...this section made me so emotional. I could almost picture my childhood with every page that I read. Hispanic families are different, in my opinion, we are brought up with strength/ ganas and I feel like she explained it perfectly through out this part of the book especially in "el alma of a
Catarine
Sep 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: poetry, indie-poets
First, I want to say thank you to Cheyenne for sending me an advanced copy of her book in exchange for an honest review!

Now, I'm an avid reader of poetry, and I can honestly say that this collection is unlike any other one I have sitting on my shelf. It is bilingual--but that should not, I repeat SHOULD NOT, deter you from reading this book. I have very little experience with Spanish, but having to use a translator throughout honestly made the collection much more engaging. I thoroughly enjoyed
Theresa Sopko
Sep 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Once again, Cheyenne Raine has not let me down. There is such a soothing cadence to her poems, even when they have slightly sharper edges. This collection is particularly special because she wrote it to be bilingual, and the gentle efforts Cheyenne took with this book to share her culture, to educate and include, really touched me. I don't speak a lick of Spanish but I loved having the Spanish versions of the poems side by side with the English versions to associate words and learn as I read. It ...more
Deanna Stilwell
Sep 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Very thankful to have been given the chance to read this book before it's released! I loved the incorporation of two languages and combining two cultures, it's very unique. I can personally relate because I am bilingual myself and love combining my two cultures. I loved all of the Love poems, those were my absolute favorite! I really enjoyed the style in which the poems were written in. There was so many deep connections and emotions shown in this book from family, love, and separation. There's ...more
Leila Tualla
Sep 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I am in love with this collection, I've read it twice already and plan on adding it to my reread pile soon. If you've never read any of Cheyenne Raine's collections, you are really missing out and I recommend that if you want to immerse yourself in all that is whimsical and powerful and fierce, pick this. I'm a huge fan of her light and immense talent. I loved that she wrote with such loyalty and pride for her culture that it made me weep.

Some things worth mentioning:
While I'm not fluent in Span
Regan Smith
Sep 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Such a rich book, intertwining two languages within the text. It pulled me in whether I felt as though I related with the words or not. It was honest and raw and I highly recommend others to read and be present with the words. I have the feeling that I'm a part of something bigger - a piece within Cheyenne's life.
holdonandwait
Sep 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
this has been the first i've read from Cheyenne and every passage in this book takes you to a different place in time/mind of someone else. my favorite chapter, per say, is definitely lullabies as it really takes me to a great place in my mind.
Keyana Sabbakhan
Aug 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Lemon Acuarelas is so beautiful! There is so much warmth and culture living in these poems. I love that this book is written in English and Spanish and not just sprinkle of Spanish. But equals parts of both languages. She is showing us who she is.

I really enjoyed the “Love” section. It is so vivid and alluring, I felt like was watching the poems unfold before me, in vivid detail. The section was so sweet and lovely. I want to read her love poems forever and ever.

My favorite part of Cheyenne’s
Nicki Naomi
Dec 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Finally! A book uniting two cultures/languages into one! This is honestly one of the most exciting books I’ve read in a while. At times I did find it to be a bit of a tongue twister, but the passion felt behind each piece was worth the read regardless. Cheyenne did an amazing job putting this together and I hope there is more to come from her in the future!

One of my favorites:

“i don’t fight when things slip away;
then, i think of you,
Aug 17, 2018
Shelby Eileen
Aug 18, 2018
cheyenne raine
Aug 18, 2018 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: raine-poetry
Sep 11, 2018
Cascade Oppitz

• Dragonhearts
  • shades of lovers
cheyenne raine resides in the san antonio light, pulling warmth and bliss into her lower-case lettered poetry. she writes the beauty amongst every scene, lacing diction to create vivid pictures. she publishes her work consistently on her website and sends little letters through email. raine is the author of several books, including maroon daydreams and charcoal thunderstoms.