Start by marking “Titan and the Wild Boars: The True Cave Rescue of the Thai Soccer Team” as Want to Read:
Titan and the Wild Boars: The True Cave Rescue of the Thai Soccer Team

Titan and the Wild Boars: The True Cave Rescue of the Thai Soccer Team

Don’t miss the breathtaking true story of the international rescue of the Wild Boars soccer team from a flooded cave in Thailand!

One afternoon, eleven-year-old Titan, his friends from the Wild Boars soccer team, and their coach rode their bikes to explore local caves. They crawled through the narrow tunnels in the dark to reach the center of the cave. When they turned to g
Published May 7th 2019 by HarperCollins (first published March 7th 2019)

To ask other readers questions about Titan and the Wild Boars, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Titan and the Wild Boars

Westminster Library
Aug 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: drew, history, non-fiction
Based on the firsthand account by a reporter covering the amazing true story of the boys soccer team trapped in a cave in Thailand. Beautiful illustrations bring to life this incredible and heroic journey. Interesting facts and timelines are found at the end of the book, all highlighting the lessons of perseverance, teamwork, encouragement and hope.

Find Titan and the Wild Boars at Westminster Public Library today!

And if you are in search of new books to read, try our services, What Do I Read Nex
Sunday
GRIPPING. WELL WRITTEN with illustrations and a design that make this book worthy of reading more than once. Read this aloud to your students in grades 2-5 (and maybe 1st and of course 6th). Co-authors Hood and Sornhiran and illustrator Phumiruk have made the complexity of what happened, the multi-layered problem, the intensity and urgency of the problem of rescuing these boys clear for their audience. (An important move on the writers' part was to focus in on one boy, Titan, one of the youngest ...more
Lorie Barber
May 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is AN INCREDIBLE informational book, mentor text, and story. Brought to life by Susan Hood and Pathana Sornhiran, with fantastic illustrations by Dow Phumiruk, this is the story the Thai soccer boys deserve. The back matter is especially helpful, as are the maps on the end pages! I couldn’t stop reading, and when I got to the parts where poetry and quotes were integrated, my heart sighed with happiness. I can teach all the things with this book. Or I can just read it because it’s awesome in ...more
Olivia
Aug 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: yabc-reviews
See my full review here: https://www.yabookscentral.com/kidsno...

TITAN AND THE WILD BOARS tells the true story of the trapped soccer team and their rescue in the caves of Thailand. Chanin, nicknamed Titan after the mythological powerful creatures for his strength, was one of the youngest members of his soccer team at 11 years old. One day, after soccer practice, the boys and their coach went into a cave to explore, crawling through the narrow tunnels.

However, it began to rain and the narrow tunn
Ben Truong
Jul 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Titan and the Wild Boars: The True Cave Rescue of the Thai Soccer Team is a children's picture book written by the team of Susan Hood and Patthana Sornhiran and illustrated by Dow Phumiruk, which tells the true story of the Tham Luang Cave Rescue.

The text is rather simplistic, straightforward, lyrical, and informational. It follow the remarkable true story of eleven-year-old Titan, his teammates, and their soccer coach who went exploring the Tham Luang Caves in Chiang Rai, Thailand, only to beco
Mandy
Jul 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: childrens
Childrens nonfiction. This book tells the amazing true story of the Thai soccer team that got trapped in a cave and the international team that rescued them. There is a map of the cave on the endpapers that shows just how complicated the rescue mission was. A young soccer coach and his team rode their bikes to explore a cave after soccer practice. An early monsoon came and flooded the cave, blocking their exit. The group of boys and their coach were stuck in the dark, with no food and very limit ...more
Margie
May 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
We are captivated by events in our communities, cities, states and country, some more than others as a result of personal connections. We have, along with many others, felt much joy and deep sadness, laughed until we cry and wept uncontrollably and known unbearable loss. As citizens of the world, we find ourselves missing a lot of happenings but some capture not only our attention but the attention of people around the globe. We watch and feel with a collective consciousness.

One event, lasting e
Miss Amy
May 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
What an amazing view into a harrowing current event story. Many kids might not know about this small group of boys from Thailand who survived the early flooding of a cave they were exploring! It showed courage, fear, and perseverance. It shows kids how strong they can be in the face of adversity and just every day. I learned things I didn't know about that team of kids and their ordeal. Truly an incredible piece of our modern history! The story and illustrations had me captivated the minute I st ...more
Karen Fortunati
Aug 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A truly remarkable book about the astounding international rescue operation. Susan Hood writes in clear, concise and beautiful prose the against-all-odds survival. The rescue effort was complicated and Hood does a phenomenal job in weaving a clear, concise and emotional narrative. Focusing on the youngest and smallest player, we gain an understanding of the immense risks taken by the rescuers and the magnitude of the effort. This is a wonderful book about courage, strength, faith and teamwork. A ...more
Beth Anderson
Jul 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
For anyone who knows how long it takes to publish a picture book (usually 2-3 years), the release of this book less than a year after the actual incident is astounding. The gripping story comes alive with the finely detailed illustrations of the underground world we previously could only imagine. I’m so glad this powerful story of resilience and the world coming together on the rescue mission will be on the shelves of libraries everywhere!
Lynn
Wonderful book about the Thai boys rescue from 2015. 23 boys and their coach were caught in a cave after a flood and they survived for a half a month until they could be brought out. Heartwarming story of Thai kids and coach who wee trapped while the world waited. Three boys and the coach were stateless refugees and risked deportation to an unknown country of ever caught. Great addition that Thailand granted the boys and coach permanent citizenship after their ordeal.
Raven Black
Jun 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The five is more for the illustrations and the several afterwards than the story, which is straight forward and if you had watched the news, you know it already. Good for a classroom, not necessarily for a soccer fan or a read-aloud. Possible older child (due to the length) might be curious about the subject matter. However, even though there is a lot of text and really meant for the older child, the picture book format could turn some kids off.
Tracy Holland
Jun 28, 2019 rated it liked it
June 23, 2018, Titan, his coach, and his soccer team explored a cave in Thailand. Unbeknownst to them, the monsoon season would come early and put their lives in critical danger. Trapped in the cave for many days, a massive rescue was put into place to help save all of them. The whole world watched the heroics of the divers, and the boys.
Diane
Jul 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
The story of the Thai soccer team that was trapped in a cave for 18 days and the rescue mission that started out as Mission Impossible and ended up as Mission Accomplished. The author includes poetry as part of the story.

Includes an interview with 2 of the British divers, a timeline, a bibliography and extensive additional information in the back of the book.
Michele Knott
Amazing collaboration about an event that was highly emotional and dangerous. Written specifically for a younger audience, young readers will be amazed at what these young soccer players and their coach went through and the dedication of the people who saved them.
Aliza Werner
Absolutely fascinating look at the cave rescue that captured the world’s attention. Robust back matter fills in more details and facts of this unprecedented rescue.
Lynne Marie
Aug 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Just truly inspiring and memorable, in both words and pictures.
Great Books
Jul 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Readers who like adventure stories based on real events will love this book. A great story of perseverance and the will to survive.

Reviewer #11
Franki Sibberson
May 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Glad this story is out in picture book form.
Effie
Jul 10, 2019
Jun 25, 2019
Maggie Mattmiller
Aug 11, 2019
I spent years getting to know little kids as a children's book and magazine editor at Sesame Workshop, Nick Jr. and Scholastic. Now I write children's picture books full time. Best job ever!

Recent books include: