Start by marking “The Last Time I Saw You” as Want to Read:
The Last Time I Saw You

The Last Time I Saw You

The internationally bestselling author of The Last Mrs. Parrish follows that success with an addictive novel filled with shocking twists about the aftermath of a brutal high-society murder.

Dr. Kate English has it all. Not only is she the heiress to a large fortune; she has a gorgeous husband and daughter, a high-flying career, and a beautiful home anyone would envy.

But all

Expected publication: May 7th 2019 by Harper

To ask other readers questions about The Last Time I Saw You, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Last Time I Saw You

Linda
Mar 10, 2019 rated it liked it
Okay.......so let's sort this one out.

The Last Time I Saw You opens with a dying woman. She's face down on a marble floor. Gotta be some money involved here. We feel the life slowly seeping out of her. The circumstances around this tragic scene have yet to be revealed. The light fades and so does our victim.

Enter Dr. Kate English, a pediatric cardiothoracic surgeon, who sits in complete shock upon hearing about the death of her mother, Lily Michaels. She and Lily were so close. Her father, Dr. H
j e w e l s
TWO STARS
Please…don’t shoot the messenger! Waaaaaaah! I loved the Constantine’s THE LAST MRS. PARRISH and couldn’t wait to read their newest offering. THE LAST MRS. PARRISH is campy, delicious fun with two ultra-devious women trying to out maneuver each other for the affections of Mr. Parrish.

THE LAST TIME I SAW YOU consists of this:

First 1/3: Slow, yet confusing- why so many characters?

Second 1/3 : Repetitive, boring. Kate, our main character, is repeatedly “haunted” by scary texts from her mot
Suzanne Leopold
Jan 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Kate English is coping with the death of her mother who was recently murdered in her home. Lily’s death was a shock to her quiet Baltimore community because she was so highly regarded. A few days after her death, Kate begins to receive horrible threats against her family. Security and surveillance are brought into her home but these threats proceed to unsettle her life.

During the funeral, her childhood friend Blaire comes from New York City to comfort Kate, and their relationship is reignited.
Holly  B
I was super excited to read this mystery/thriller after reading the synopsis, but sadly it was just an okay read for me.

The beginning and the set-up of the premise was intriguing and the pace was was working until it didn't.  I was hoping for more character development with more interesting characters. The protagonist became annoying with too much over the top reactions to the ongoing situations.

There really was too much repetitiveness and too many suspects to really add to the overall conclusio
Katie B
Mar 31, 2019 rated it liked it

Well, I didn't have quite the same good reading experience with this one as I did with The Last Mrs. Parrish. I think I would have enjoyed this one more as a novella rather than full- length book because the longer the story dragged on, the less I cared if something bad happened to the main character.

Dr. Kate English is devastated when she finds out her mother Lily was brutally murdered. Even though Kate has been estranged from her childhood friend Blaire for years, she still reaches o
Elizabeth of Silver's Reviews
FULL REVIEW WILL BE ON MAY 6.

A dead body, a threatening text, dead animals with a child’s nursery rhyme attached, more threatening texts and packages, the return of a long-lost friend, and a confused, frightened family await the reader in THE LAST TIME I SAW YOU.

Who could have murdered lovable, charitable Lily? Why did Lily want to change her will a few days before she was murdered?

This book will be enjoyed by women's fiction fans as well as mystery fans so put your thinking caps on and hone up
Jill
Jan 19, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I would like to thank Edelwiess for a an ebook copy of this book to review. After reading the Last Mrs. Parrish I really hide high hopes for this book. It was not what I had hoped for. It was an okay read but didn't have the twist and the buildup that Mrs. Parrish did. So going into this I guess my expectations were too high. I felt like around the middle of the book it was dragging and it was more of a whodunnit, than a book that had you on the edge of your seat.
KC
Dec 21, 2018 rated it really liked it
After the murder of her mother, Dr. Kate English reunites with Blaire, her estranged longtime friend. Blaire, a successful mystery writer, soon puts her own skills to use with the hopes in solving this horrific crime. Blaire had never been a fan of Kate's husband Simon and when she learns of her friend's separation, he becomes the main suspect. This one is for anyone who enjoyed Liv Constantine's earlier thriller, The Last Mrs. Parish.
BookOfCinz
It seems like The Last Mrs. Parrish was a favorite for many last year, so much so I decided to give the writing duo Liv Constantine a go.

The Last Time I Saw You opens with the murder of Lily, a high society philanthropist. No one can understand why she was murdered, especially her daughter Kate English. Before the funeral, Kate reaches out to her estranged best friend Blair for support, she comes running. After the funeral Kate keeps getting anonymous text messages telling her she will be n
Abby
Jan 08, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: edelweiss
I loved The Last Mrs. Parrish and I was practically jumping up and down with excitement when I found out that Liv Constantine wrote another book.

This book is about murder, mental health, friendship, secrets, marriage, money, memory, and mother-daughter relationships. It's well paced - not fast, not slow - and this pacing kept me engaged throughout the book.

Kate is an unreliable narrator just like Nellie/Vanessa in The Wife Between Us, and she gets worse as the story progresses. I wasn't sure if
Sherri Thacker
I’ve been waiting for book #2 to come out after The Last Mrs Parrish as it was a fave of mine. This one was great until about 3/4 in and then I’m not sure what to say about it. So I’m giving it 3 stars. I was left a little disappointed since I loved The Last Mrs Parrish so much more.
Wendy Walker
Jan 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
One of the best perks about being an author is that I get copies of books before they come out!!!
Love these two twisted sisters and their next thriller - coming out in May. Pre-order and do not miss!

Here is my "official" review:
Liv Constantine delivers the goods with this cat and mouse thrill ride! As characters unravel and new suspects are revealed, Constantine keeps us guessing until the final, shocking twist. Masterful plotting, skillful character development, and a story that pulls at the he
Laura Peden
Apr 16, 2019 rated it it was ok
Shelves: netgalley
I really wanted to love this one. The Last Mrs. Parrish was one of my favorite books last year. So to say I was excited to get my hands on the follow up before the pub date is definitely an understatement. Unfortunately, it didn’t work for me at all. I didn’t connect with any of the characters enough to help overcome the predictable plot. The flat ending didn’t help me either. Both books from this writing duo use the same approach but The Last Mrs. Parrish set the bar too high for me unfortunate ...more
Asha
Jan 21, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2019
The Last Time I Saw You is the latest thriller from sisters, Lynne and Valerie Constantine, who go under the pen name of Liv Constantine. I loved their first book, The Last Mrs. Parrish, and was thrilled to hear about this one! Kate English is coping with the death of her mother who was recently murdered. During this time, Kate reconnects with her estranged longtime friend, Blair, a successful mystery writer, who decides to put her skills to the test to figure out who murdered Kate’s mother. Ove ...more
Tucker (TuckerTheReader)
Apr 17, 2019 marked it as review-copies-to-read

Many thanks to Harper for sending me a copy in exchange for an honest review

Only three weeks until release!! Get to pre-ordering folks!

| Goodreads | Blog | Twitch | Pinterest | Buy this book
Diana Iozzia (Bookworm Banter)
“The Last Time I Saw You”
Written by Liv Constantine
Review written by Diana Iozzia

“The Last Time I Saw You” was a disappointing read for me, in stark contrast to the first book, written by the ladies behind this pseudonym. Their first book, “The Last Mrs. Parrish” is a favorite thriller of mine, which is high praise, because I do not often pick favorites.

“TLTISW” follows the immediate grief that our main character, Kate, is sucked into, after her mother’s murder. Kate is also receiving suspiciou
Cyndi
Mar 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: edelweiss, netgalley
The Constantine sisters have done it again! Another outstanding psychological thriller from the dynamic duo. The Last Time I Saw you is fast-paced with a whole lot of unexpected twists. Nothing is as it first seems. I highly recommend this to all fans of this genre.

Many thanks to Edelweiss, Harper and Liv Constantine for my complimentary e-copy ARC in exchange for an honest review. All opinions are my own.
Lee
Mar 30, 2019 rated it really liked it
The Last Time I Saw You is a fast paced, tension filled, twisty psychological thriller. It's a creepy murder mystery and so much more. Nothing is as it seems at first. It’s a complex web of human behavior and traits. The relationships among the various characters are tense and add depth to the overall plot. I was fascinated by the lives and problems of the main characters. Overall, I thought this was a masterfully crafted novel that kept me on the edge of my seat. I enjoyed the writing style and ...more
Liz Fenton
Mar 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another gem by my fave writing team! ❤ ...more
Ludwig
Feb 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The first page wholly gripped my attention; We are greeted with a heart-thudding scene, giving us the impression that something horrible is going to happen sometime later in the book.

One of the things that intrigued me most is how each character seems to have a motive for killing our victim, Lily. Which makes it even more challenging to know who to trust as new people from Kate's past seem to suddenly come back into her life.

We are given Kate and her best friend Blaire's POVs, and through scenes
Stephanie
Feb 11, 2019 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2019, arc, february
Sadly, this follow up to THE LAST MRS PARRISH lacks all of the drama and spark of its predecessor. Kate, Blair, and Simon are incredibly uninteresting characters, and the murder victim -- Kate's mother Lily -- is offered almost no character development. It is difficult to care whodunit in this world of incredible, casual wealth, when 24-hour private security can be hired in a snap, there's multiple mentions of china and place settings, and all signs point to the most cliche of murderers.
Linda Zagon
Mar 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Lindas Book Obsession Reviews “The Last Time I Saw You” by Liv Constantine, Harper, May 7, 2019

WOW! WOW! WOW! Liv Constantine, (Authors) of “The Last Time I Saw You” have written an intense, captivating, intriguing, chilling, unpredictable, page-turning novel. The Genres for this Novel are Mystery, Thriller, Suspense and Fiction. I couldn’t put this book down, and read it in one sitting. This is another novel, by the same authors, where I was at the edge of my seat, and any sound made me jump. T
Olga Fry
Apr 07, 2019 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Yikes. Like many others I enjoyed "The Last Mrs. Parrish" and was anxiously awaiting the next book from the writers, but was left disappointed by this novel. When the novel begins, we are immediately dropped into Kate's mother's funeral, where we learn her mother was murdered, as well as the fact that Kate begins to receive mysterious, bizarre packages, and if that wasn't enough, a reunion between her and her former best friend Blaire. The book alternates between their point-of-views, which even ...more
Katherine Iorio
Mar 14, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: girly-book-club
This book blew me away! From the plot twists to the intriguing characters, The Last Time I Saw You by sisters, Lynne and Valerie Constantine, who go under the pen name of Liv Constantine, is everything I was expecting and more.

Dr Kate English tries to cope with the unexpected and recent murder of her mother. Shortly after the funeral, Kate begins to get threatening messages. From texts, to an email and even dead animals, Kate begins to unravel. Her estranged childhood best friend Blaire, who she
Dawn McCauley
Apr 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This was a very enjoyable and fast read. The characters were very interesting and lots of fun plot twists that I enjoyed. Thanks to NetGalley and the publisher for a free copy in exchange for review.

4.5/5
Andrienne
Mar 02, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
An unexpected murder forces Kate and Blaire to mend old wounds and be there for each other. Kate is also being threatened and as she fears for her safety, she clings to Blaire for support. There are so many suspects here: Kate’s husband, her own dad, an old childhood friend, a scheming employee of her husband, and the list goes on.

It did feel like this book was authored by two people because so many things are happening that don’t feel harmonious. I did appreciate that the ending had layers of
Mar 23, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: edelweiss
The Last Time I Saw You is a psychological suspense filled with shocking twists.

This is my first book by these authors (these are two sisters writing together under the name Liv Constantine).

The book takes place in Maryland and has two 3rd person POVs: childhood estranged best friends Kate and Blaire. Kate is a pediatric cardiothoracic surgeon and Blaire is a famous writer.

The book starts off with a chilling prologue (someone is stuck in a fire). Then in the present someone is murdered. The stor
Stephen
Mar 17, 2019 rated it liked it
This was a huge disappointment. Especially since the Constantine sisters' debut, "The Last Mrs. Parrish" was awesome.
It's partly a psychological suspense that is so painfully obvious you can see what's coming from miles away...and very early in the book.
The other part is a murder mystery that is strictly by the numbers. You are left somewhat guessing, but after the letdown of the one part you just don't care anymore. It's too predictable.
A lot of the time the story defies logic and sense. To the
Tressa
Mar 05, 2019 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc, fiction, print, adult
2.5 stars. The first 2/3 of the book was not great - to the point of me wanting to abandon it. It seemed very repetitive with no major plot progression. The last 1/3 of the book was better, but not by much.
Tina Panik
Nobody does manipulative women like the Constantine Sisters! This is a delicious page-turner that delivers on both the mystery and the drama.

This was an ARC
  • A Stranger on the Beach
  • The Nanny
  • The Last House Guest
  • The Arrangement
  • Next Girl to Die (The Calderwood Cases, #1)
  • Keep You Close
  • After the End
  • Only Ever Her
  • Into the Jungle
  • A Good Girl's Guide to Murder
  • The Perfect Alibi (Robin Lockwood #2)
  • The Two Lives of Lydia Bird
  • The Promise
  • Lock Every Door
  • Drawing Home
Liv Constantine is the pen name of USA Today, Wall Street Journal, and international bestselling authors and sisters Lynne Constantine and Valerie Constantine, co-authors of the Reese Witherspoon book club pick, THE LAST MRS. PARRISH. Separated by three states, they spend hours plotting via FaceTime and burning up each other’s emails. They attribute their ability to concoct dark story lines to the ...more