Start by marking “The Day We Met: The perfect epic love story to read this Valentine’s Day” as Want to Read:
The Day We Met: The perfect epic love story to read this Valentine’s Day

The Day We Met: The perfect epic love story to read this Valentine’s Day

Stephanie and Jamie are meant to be. The problem is they're both with other people...

Stephanie doesn’t believe in fate, true love or living happily ever after. She’s content enough being engaged to Matt. But then she meets Jamie, who understands her more than anyone else ever has.

Jamie is happily married to his childhood sweetheart Helen and believes in everything Stephani
Expected publication: March 7th 2019 by Ebury Press (Fiction)

To ask other readers questions about The Day We Met, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Day We Met

Berit☀️✨
Feb 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2019, 2019-ng, blog-tour
A romantic story full of emotion and fated love💕

Roxie Cooper has painted a beautiful Story with her words... she turned me the cynic into a true believer in soulmates, well for at least the length of this book... sometimes I wonder why I Love reading romance, I certainly don’t believe in epic love or one true love or soulmates or any of that... but then again I occasionally enjoy a vampire or werewolf book and I certainly don’t believe in them either... this is a book that on paper I really shou
ʚϊɞ Shelley ʚϊɞ
With Valentine's day so close I picked this book up on a whim and I am so glad I did...I absolutely loved it. A very engaging, captivating story. Experiencing the journey of the two main characters as they navigated their way through life was very interesting and absorbing. The characterisations were wonderful; the author knows how to get inside her characters' heads and I felt as though I could relate to them. The author writes with marked intelligence and warmth ... the story flows beautifully ...more
Julie Parks
Feb 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: general-fiction
If you like romance books that are smart and witty and break your heart - read this!!!

However, for those with weak nerves, craving at least an occasional sex scene...not the best pick. Seriously, though, it's 2019 - and the sex scene is still a fade out? Roxie Cooper goes all out to describe their kissing and grabbing each other, the tossing on the bed in great detail, including all the panting and how they each smell, but later the actual sex is simple...blank in-between paragraphs?! Hmm...

In m
Jo
Dec 19, 2018 rated it liked it
I can't adequately explain how betrayed I feel by this book. It does have more depth than most in the genre (and by that I mean the plot is a bit more complex, the characters are more fully explored) but the blatant tugging of heart strings and the deus ex therapist both grated on me a little by the finish. The end itself was a punch to the face of the romance genre and I don't even know if that's a good thing or not.

Thanks to Netgalley and the publisher for this emotionally confusing book.
Rachel Burton
Nov 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2018, first-read, kindle
A thoughtful and beautifully written book about the grey areas of life and morality that lie between black and white - those areas most of us live in - and the importance of taking a risk before its too late. Ms Cooper has created a seamlessly interwoven dual narrative about the hard parts of love and life and starting again and the result is heartbreaking. I finished with tears in my eyes. Bravo!
Beverley
Feb 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2019

Erm, Roxie Cooper, I have a bone to pick with you! What on earth have you done to me?! You have destroyed me with The Day We Met which is romantic, complicated and emotional. Very, very, emotional. Sheesh.

When Jamie and Stephanie meet at an art retreat at a country hotel one Autumn day in 2006 they click immediately. The spark is palpable and sexual tension zings between them. The thing is Jamie is married to Helen and Stephanie is engaged to marry Matt the
Joanne Robertson
Feb 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I was rather bemused when my review copy of The Day We Met turned up with a little packet of tissues but all I can say now is….WHY WAS THE PACKET SO BLOOMING SMALL?!?! Honestly, this book should come with the biggest box of man-sized (even though this has now been deemed politically incorrect-you know the ones I mean!) tissues you can get!! I didn’t just have a tear in my eye whilst reading this wonderfully endearing book, I had the snottiest, snuffliest, drippiest deluge of fat tears dripping d ...more
Grace J Reviewerlady
It's a long time since I read a book which fits the 'One epic love story' line as well as this one does; I certainly won't forget it in a hurry, if ever.

Stephanie is engaged - happily -  to Matt, who drops her off at Heathwood Hall for an art lover's weekend. Jamie, happily married to Helen, is one of the tutors for the same weekend. When they meet, there is definitely a spark, but with both in committed relationships, can they just be friends?

In full disclosure, I am married to my second husban
Hannah
Jan 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
I'm not crying, someone's just cutting onions in here, I swear. 4.5 stars, full review to come shortly!
nikkigracereads
Nov 25, 2018 rated it really liked it
Ive not requested a book on Netgalley for a while, but the blurb on this one really intrigued me. I started reading it in the early evening, and couldn’t put it down because I just needed to find out what was going to happen. It won’t be to everyone’s taste because it does contain cheating, but there is so much more to it than that. Its a love story that spans years, and you just can’t help but feel for Stephanie and Jamie after this they realise their soulmate isn’t actually the person they are ...more
Samantha
Feb 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites, favourites
Its been a long time since I really felt like I have been invested wholey in a book but this one I did just that. Sometimes I am put off with the length of a story, currently working full time it can be hard for me to really get into it and then it can spoil my enjoyment of the book. I didn't need to worry with this one though, I raced through the pages and even after a hard day, I was eager to pick the book up to continue with the story.

This story takes place over 10 years, Stephanie and Jamie
Rachel Gilbey
Jan 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wow this was amazing.

I have literally no idea how to describe this, the blurb has one thing right - it is certainly an epic love story.

Taking place over 10 years, with chapters from both Stephanie and Jamie's points of views, we see a relationship form between them that is evidently fated, and probably as close to soul mates as you are going to get.

The connection between the two leads is believable and right from the off you can feel it, and wonder just how everything is going to develop.

For
Simone Praylow
Feb 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
If I was a crier, I would be crying. I was going to take two stars away from this book because of how it ended and an ending is just as important as the rest of the book if not more important. It is the culmination of the whole book and it brings everything together or tears it all apart. I think for this book the way that it ended it probably did both of those things and it broke my heart.

Some books warn you that they have eroticism but I feel like it’s equally as important for books to warn y
Georgia
Feb 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
Sheila
Dec 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
No matter what your private views might be on infidelity, you might discover that it's hard to be censorious with this poignant, tear-jerking and romantic story. Given that Jamie and Stephanie are not in happy relationships it pays to reserve judgment. I liked the insertion of topical events and the references to music of that era which fleshed out the plot and skilfully put you there. The imagery was particularly good, and there were plenty of soul-searching and perceptive observations to keep ...more
Jan 24, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
When it's the dark days of January and you 'might' be a tad hormonal, this sort of book should be available on prescription.It's reminiscent of 'One Day' , well, if you ignore the fact that Jamie is a cheating husband (rather than a bit of a dick like Dexter), right down to the sucker punch of an ending.

It's definitely not the sort of book I would usually go for, and my brain says 'no' to the questionable morals, Steph's door mat tendencies and the somewhat wooden character of Mike. BUT...my he
Anne Mackle
Feb 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
When Jamie and Stephanie meet they realize they have met their souls mates, the person they are meant to be with. The only problem is that Jamie is married and loves his wife and Stephanie is engaged. We follow them over the next ten years as their lives move on but their connection to each other remains the same.

I can't believe I was on the side of the cheaters in this book,but I was. Jamie and Stephanie are very likable characters and their passion for each other is felt through the words of t
Hayley (Backpacking Bookworm)
Jan 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
I'm so glad I stuck with this one. My initial reaction was very different to my final one. At first, I thought the book was going to be about cheating and a typical predicable chick-lit. But this book is so much more than that.

The story begins with Jamie and Stephanie meeting at an art course. At first, you think the story will be centred around their affair which doesn't appeal to everyone (including me). But then you see their friendship and feelings develop and can't help but want it to all
Lucy Mitchell
Dec 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Thank you to Ebury for the ARC.

What a fab book!

I read this author’s debut book and loved it. Roxie Cooper is still one of my favourite authors.

It was a great read and I think I will do a blog post review in January so won’t give too much away.

Going to recommend this to all my friends who pop round over Xmas 💕
Isabelle Broom
Jan 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Absolutely wonderful! I adored this book.
Sharon
Dec 10, 2018 rated it it was ok
I will be honest. I don’t know how I feel about this book, or at least know how to properly review it.

The subject matter is a difficult one but sympathetically handled. My criticism would be that the partners seemed rather one dimensional and it seemed weird that they were all in their respective marriages as long as they were.

Also, I felt cheated by the ending. For them to be finally happy and for tragedy to strike is too damn cruel.

Thank you to the author, publisher and Netgalley for giving m
Emma
Feb 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Love. Such a small, delicate word that can cause so much warmth and coldness within the same breath. Why is it that the most romantic of tales often end in tragedy? The doomed lovers, a love so pure and innocent that it didn’t have a chance to thrive and flourish into an alluring blossom. Their curse is to remain buried in the ground, hidden from the world. Never rising above the surface and always out of reach from fulfilling their full potential. Fate is a cruel, wicked creature.

Wow just wow.
Julie
Feb 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is a haunting book which deals with the idea that there is a perfect person for everyone, but that sometimes it is already too late when they are discovered. The characters in this book are seemingly successful, loyal and trustworthy, except that they have a secret. Every year, for a weekend, they meet, and it is that tiny contact, that meeting that is the background to a novel which spans several years. This is a novel where the feelings and emotions of some very realistic characters are d ...more
Nicola Smith
Feb 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The Day We Met is an absolutely wonderful story. I'd been warned that tissues would be needed and yet I'd got almost all the way through without a tear. There was me thinking that the tissues would be wasted and then wham bam, Roxie Cooper did something that had me sobbing (albeit quietly as I was reading in bed). How could you, Ms Cooper?

What do you do when you're with the one you love, you're happy with your life together but then you meet someone who just exceeds everything, the one you absol
Louise
Feb 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I’m a little hesitant to start writing this review because once I start telling everyone how good it is, I don’t think I will ever be able to stop!

Stephanie and Jamie are two people who are in happy, separate relationships and certainly not out for an ego enhancing, sordid affair with someone they bumped into on the street. However, when their paths collide a spark goes off between them that is almost palpable. They become addicted to each other, not just physically but emotionally, they kind of
Stacy Walton
Feb 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
To say that I was greatly moved by this book would be the biggest understatement I could suggest. This is truly a captivating read that pulled me in, heart and soul, and wouldn't let me up for air until the concluding pages. Roxie Cooper certainly knows how to weave a compelling web that leaves you breathless, heartbroken and elated to have taken such an emotional journey. This is one book I wholeheartedly know I will revisit time and time again over the years to come.

The story line is a beautif
Ria
Nov 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Thanks to NetGalley, Penguin Random House UK and Ebury Publishing for the ARC of The Day We Met by Roxie Cooper.

Stephanie is engaged to Matt. Jamie is married to Helen. But when Stephanie and Jamie meet at a weekend art course in 2006, their connection is undeniable. Although seemingly incompatible - Jamie believes in fate and true love, while Stephanie doesn’t - they find themselves pulled together time and time again over the next ten years.

I love the way this book is written, jumping through
Lozzie
Incredible. Absolutely Incredible.

The Day We Met by Rosie Cooper was a book that not only gave me what I loved most, which is romance, and a poignant message that I have no doubt will stay with me for a very long time.

At first we meet Jamie and Stephanie. We got to see them wearing two masks, the one in which everybody else sees, and the one only the two can see. Reading throughout, you build more of a relationship between the characters. You get to see them in all aspects of life, and you get
Lynn McCrum
Feb 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I truly loved this book - a must for all those romantics out there although my first thought when I read the ‘blurb’ was that it was all wrong, surely nothing excuses you from betraying your partner.

Stephanie arrives at an art retreat weekend in a hotel - her family and her fiancé think it will be good for her but she isn’t so sure and is on the verge of leaving when she claps eyes on Jamie and something just clicks. He too feels this invisible pull and despite the fact they both are in happy,
Bookish_Mumma
Jan 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I requested this book as I wanted to try more 'chic-lit' it's not usually my genre but thought it would be an easy read and I wasn't expecting much of him honest. Well, I was so wrong! I read this over two days. It was such a real story of two people who are meant to be together but at the wrong time. I loved both of the main characters Stephanie and Jamie. The story is told from both of their points of view which I personally loved.

It made my heart ache at times and made the cynical side of me
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »