Start by marking “The Day We Met” as Want to Read:
The Day We Met

The Day We Met

really liked it 4.00  ·  Rating details ·  1,818 ratings  ·  266 reviews
Stephanie and Jamie are meant to be. The problem is they're both with other people...

Stephanie doesn’t believe in fate, true love or living happily ever after. She’s content enough being engaged to Matt. But then she meets Jamie, who understands her more than anyone else ever has.

Jamie is happily married to his childhood sweetheart Helen and believes in everything Stephani
Published March 7th 2019 by Ebury Press (Fiction)

To ask other readers questions about The Day We Met, please sign up.

really liked it Average rating 4.00  ·

Start your review of The Day We Met
Berit☀️✨
Feb 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
A romantic story full of emotion and fated love💕

Roxie Cooper has painted a beautiful Story with her words... she turned me the cynic into a true believer in soulmates, well for at least the length of this book... sometimes I wonder why I Love reading romance, I certainly don’t believe in epic love or one true love or soulmates or any of that... but then again I occasionally enjoy a vampire or werewolf book and I certainly don’t believe in them either... this is a book that on paper I really shou
Whispering Stories
May 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Book Reviewed by Linda on www.whisperingstories.com

The Day We Met by Roxie Cooper is an epic tale of two people whose love has spanned over a decade. The story begins in 2006 with Stephanie and Jamie meeting at an Art and Photography retreat weekend where an instant connection is formed between them. The problem is that both of them already have partners. Stephanie is engaged to Matt, Jamie is married to Helen.

Being a romantic at heart I just love a good romance story and this book ticked all th
Paromjit
Roxie Cooper writes about Stephanie Carpenter and Jamie Dobson who just happen to coincidentally meet at Heathfield House in 2006, just as Stephanie had made her mind up that she was going to leave the Arts and Photography course being run there. Stephanie is obviously suffering from personal trauma, afflicted by panic attacks, there are broad hints of major issues from her past, and she is trying to get back on track in her life, supported by her psychotherapist, Jane. Feeling a strong connecti ...more
Irena BookDustMagic
Feb 16, 2019 rated it liked it
Warning: This review contains spoilers

Warning no2: This book talks about cheating!!

There is a reason why I told myself multiple times I have to write my reviews as soon as I finish a book.
I read this book during Valentine’s Day (and was nervous because I expected an epic romance and got a cat in the bag!), so I have to warn you that this review will be all over the place, because it has been a month since I finished it.
I will try to keep it short, and the only excuse I have is that I wasn’t read
Warda
Jul 03, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
A love story that occurs over the span of years.
This book is tricky.
Though it deals with relationships, the unfulfilling kind you can be in, where the person isn’t the right person for you, and you settle for less than what you actually want and stay in it for the sake of it, because it’s safe, it is slightly centred around cheating.

Now, hold up.
Both characters are in a relationship that they’ve decided to be in. Yet, they find in one another what they don’t have with their partners; actual u
Jo
Dec 19, 2018 rated it liked it
I can't adequately explain how betrayed I feel by this book. It does have more depth than most in the genre (and by that I mean the plot is a bit more complex, the characters are more fully explored) but the blatant tugging of heart strings and the deus ex therapist both grated on me a little by the finish. The end itself was a punch to the face of the romance genre and I don't even know if that's a good thing or not.

Thanks to Netgalley and the publisher for this emotionally confusing book.
ʚϊɞ Shelley's ʚϊɞ Book Nook
With Valentine's day so close I picked this book up on a whim and I am so glad I did...I absolutely loved it. A very engaging, captivating story. Experiencing the journey of the two main characters as they navigated their way through life was very interesting and absorbing. The characterisations were wonderful; the author knows how to get inside her characters' heads and I felt as though I could relate to them. The author writes with marked intelligence and warmth ... the story flows beautifully ...more
Julie Parks
Feb 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: general-fiction
If you like romance books that are smart and witty and break your heart - read this!!!

However, for those with weak nerves, craving at least an occasional sex scene...not the best pick. Seriously, though, it's 2019 - and the sex scene is still a fade out? Roxie Cooper goes all out to describe their kissing and grabbing each other, the tossing on the bed in great detail, including all the panting and how they each smell, but later the actual sex is simple...blank in-between paragraphs?! Hmm...

In m
Adele Shea
Mar 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I am crying as I write this. What a heartbreakingly beautiful book!! I will remember this for a long long time.
Leanna (daisychainbooks)
Hm. Well, I can't say I'd describe two people cheating on their spouses as an 'epic love story,' as per the blurb, but whatever floats your boat, I guess. I picked this one up mostly because I'm a sucker for books that dip into characters lives over a number of years (see also One Day, Five Years From Now) but I didn't love this one. I mean, it's a page-turner, for sure - you'll want to find out what happens next - but it's all fairly predictable in the end. Also, Ugh! Cheaters! Don't you just h ...more
Jo
Feb 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wow. For once everything I read about this book was right - it was such an amazing and well written story. The love story was gentle and drew you in not quite knowing where it was going to go. The ending was certainly not what I expected but I don't want to spoil it for anyone. Made me cry on more than one occasion. Well worth a read and I would highly recommend it to anyone.
Hannah
This book had two different sides to me one part I loved the other I hated. On one side the cheating got on my nerves and seemed to be the whole story. On the other side such important topics were picked for this story including mental health.

The bad- The cheating takes up too much of the story and makes all the characters unlikeable including the victims of the cheating. How could Stephanie and Jamie stay apart so long? With someone Stephanie didn't even like very much.

The Good- The telling a
T. Rosado

2.5-3 Stars

The writing was well done, but the overall message was too conflicting for me. "You should be happy every day, not just one weekend a year." The relationships in this book were very messy and those elements didn't bother me at all. There was plenty of psychoanalysis to show depth in the messiness and qualify the actions of some of the characters, but I don't think that everyday happiness is a realistic outlook in a marriage. Normal marriages go through hardships and it's not always ha
Aoife
Aug 15, 2019 rated it liked it
I received a free digital copy of this book from the publishers/author via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.

When Stephanie and Jamie meet at an art retreat, there’s an instant connection. There’s one problem though - the both of them are in committed relationships. The pair decide to meet up once a year to continue their friendship/romance but how long can their relationship last without destroying everything else they care about?

Where do I start with this one? The good bits first of c
Rachel Burton
Nov 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: kindle, first-read, 2018
A thoughtful and beautifully written book about the grey areas of life and morality that lie between black and white - those areas most of us live in - and the importance of taking a risk before its too late. Ms Cooper has created a seamlessly interwoven dual narrative about the hard parts of love and life and starting again and the result is heartbreaking. I finished with tears in my eyes. Bravo!
Beverley
Feb 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2019

Erm, Roxie Cooper, I have a bone to pick with you! What on earth have you done to me?! You have destroyed me with The Day We Met which is romantic, complicated and emotional. Very, very, emotional. Sheesh.

When Jamie and Stephanie meet at an art retreat at a country hotel one Autumn day in 2006 they click immediately. The spark is palpable and sexual tension zings between them. The thing is Jamie is married to Helen and Stephanie is engaged to marry Matt the
Joanne Robertson
Feb 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I was rather bemused when my review copy of The Day We Met turned up with a little packet of tissues but all I can say now is….WHY WAS THE PACKET SO BLOOMING SMALL?!?! Honestly, this book should come with the biggest box of man-sized (even though this has now been deemed politically incorrect-you know the ones I mean!) tissues you can get!! I didn’t just have a tear in my eye whilst reading this wonderfully endearing book, I had the snottiest, snuffliest, drippiest deluge of fat tears dripping d ...more
Grace J Reviewerlady
It's a long time since I read a book which fits the 'One epic love story' line as well as this one does; I certainly won't forget it in a hurry, if ever.

Stephanie is engaged - happily -  to Matt, who drops her off at Heathwood Hall for an art lover's weekend. Jamie, happily married to Helen, is one of the tutors for the same weekend. When they meet, there is definitely a spark, but with both in committed relationships, can they just be friends?

In full disclosure, I am married to my second husban
Haidoulina
Feb 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
I'm a bit confused with how to rate this book. I loved it and was going for a solid 5 stars review but the last 3 chapters messed things up for me. Not because I was rooting for them to be or not be together, the build up, the plot and the characters were so well worked that I was good either way. But I don't understand why after everything that everyone went through the author had to (view spoiler) ...more
Samantha
Feb 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites, favourites
Its been a long time since I really felt like I have been invested wholey in a book but this one I did just that. Sometimes I am put off with the length of a story, currently working full time it can be hard for me to really get into it and then it can spoil my enjoyment of the book. I didn't need to worry with this one though, I raced through the pages and even after a hard day, I was eager to pick the book up to continue with the story.

This story takes place over 10 years, Stephanie and Jamie
nikki
Nov 25, 2018 rated it really liked it
Ive not requested a book on Netgalley for a while, but the blurb on this one really intrigued me. I started reading it in the early evening, and couldn’t put it down because I just needed to find out what was going to happen. It won’t be to everyone’s taste because it does contain cheating, but there is so much more to it than that. Its a love story that spans years, and you just can’t help but feel for Stephanie and Jamie after this they realise their soulmate isn’t actually the person they are ...more
Rachel Gilbey
Jan 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wow this was amazing.

I have literally no idea how to describe this, the blurb has one thing right - it is certainly an epic love story.

Taking place over 10 years, with chapters from both Stephanie and Jamie's points of views, we see a relationship form between them that is evidently fated, and probably as close to soul mates as you are going to get.

The connection between the two leads is believable and right from the off you can feel it, and wonder just how everything is going to develop.

For
Becca
Mar 04, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Had this a while, picked it up thinking it might be a silly happy rom com.

Instead it broke my heart. Wow. Devastating.
Shaz Goodwin
Mar 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing

The Day We Met is narrated by both Steph and Jamie making this story a page turner. I wanted to find out what was happening in each of their lives through the year as well as what would happen when they met up once a year. The way Steph and Jamie waver between seeing each other and ending their connection kept me on tenterhooks.

The story raises interesting questions about morality. Steph and Jamie know what’s right and what’s wrong but when there’s such a
Alba
Dec 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Stephanie and Jamie's was definitely an epic love story and I absolutely loved it. I immediately could feel a very special connection between them and as the years passed and they kept meeting once per year, I couldn't but root for them, even when they were still committed to their own partners.

I found Stephanie to be a very interesting and complex character. She worked really hard on learning to love herself and she deserved a lot better in life than what she got. She was inspiring and she mad
Emma L
Nov 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
The premise of this book did remind me of another similar type book by Josie Silver 'One Day in December'. I settled down to read this book and was at first initially uncomfortable with these two strangers complementing to meet up every year even though they were both in committed relationships. However the more I got to know and understand them in particular Stephanie. I was then rooting for them to be together.

The writing style is very engaging and I ended up staying up late to finish this boo
KRYM
Feb 23, 2019 rated it it was ok
I don't know how the author dared to say that this is perfect for Valentine's... I'm so angry!! If I have read this on Valentine's day, I'd have slap her if it were possible 😡😡

This story was really promising from the beginning, the characters were vere well written, it had the perfect amount of angst (I loveee iiitt!). We were getting to the point where everything was getting better, you know... Everything was coming into place, the threat was there for a minute... I'd have been ok, if that damn
Sierra
Jul 29, 2019 rated it did not like it
“i don’t know what i expected!” the annoyed reviewer whispered. “adultery isn’t cool, and using exclamation points with ‘whispered’ as the dialogue tag doesn’t make a lick of sense!”
m
Nov 01, 2019 marked it as dnf
dnf @ 14%

just found out how it ends... not gonna bother finishing it
Rachel Bridgeman
Mar 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Jamie is an art tutor at a creative weekend-a get away from it, stay in a hotel and paint your feelings weekend to which Stephanie is treated by her fiance Matt. They hit it off and understand each other from the start and have no idea that their paths will continue to cross for the next ten years....

It looks like a big book, at 450 pages, but trust me, once you get started the story sucks you in  and you are completely engaged! Using pure talent and possibly some magic, Roxie Cooper has created

• Our Stop
  • The Switch
  • Sorry Not Sorry
  • Probably the Best Kiss in the World

News & Interviews

“You don’t take enough risks, that’s your problem. Put everything you have out there. Your problem isn’t that you’ve failed … your problem is that you’re afraid to fail.” 1 likes
“I’ve always loved you. It’s always been you.” 0 likes