Start by marking “Finally Accepted (Freedom Lake #3)” as Want to Read:
Finally Accepted  (Freedom Lake #3)

Finally Accepted

(Freedom Lake #3)

There’s only one thing Chloe Smith has ever wanted: family. Yet the DNA results she’s received have thrown her life into a tailspin. Her utmost desire has ended up being the catalyst for shaking her faith. She doesn’t even know who she is anymore, and she’s certainly too messed up for her longtime crush to give her more than a second glance.

Darryl Jones is struggling betwe
Published August 17th 2018 by Toni Shiloh

To ask other readers questions about Finally Accepted, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Finally Accepted

Start your review of Finally Accepted (Freedom Lake #3)
Jessica Baker (A Baker's Perspective)
I have enjoyed reading the Freedom Lake Series by Toni Shiloh. Not only does she write beautiful stories, but she writes stories that are realistic, relatable, and full of faith. There are so many things going on in this book - in a good way. The Lord just pricked my heart while reading this, more so than any others in the series.

First, I was happy to see some old characters get married. I won't say which ones (Read it!), but I love it when beloved characters from a previous novel make a splash
Toni Shiloh
Aug 21, 2018 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Dear Reader Friends,

I pray that the last book in the Freedom Lake series blesses you. I've enjoyed my time in Freedom Lake and hope you enjoy your return visit.

Blessings,
Toni
Sarah Monzon
Aug 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
What a satisfying conclusion to a gripping series. I loved how all three books revolved around a bible study group and the deep friendships forged through the Word. Toni Shiloh writes grace into tough subjects, always pointing readers toward the Light.
Fiction Aficionado
Aug 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
Two emotionally wounded people, two rather messy families, a group of supportive friends, and a strong message about forgiveness, grace, and acceptance are what you’ll get when you pick up the third book in Toni Shiloh’s Freedom Lake series. Chloe and Darryl are characters we’ve been following since the beginning of this series, and there are developments in Chloe’s story, in particular, in the previous book in this series, Grace Restored, so if you want the full picture, I recommend reading thi ...more
Carrie Schmidt (Reading is My SuperPower)
One of my favorite things about Toni Shiloh’s books is the way she writes such warm stories that also tackle tough issues. It’s not an easy balance to keep the tone friendly and relatable while also wrestling with emotional topics such as abortion, racial identity, abuse, etc. Even with heavy plot lines, the tone of the story never feels heavy itself.

Shiloh shines in this area once again with Finally Accepted. Chloe and Darryl are layered characters who are struggling to feel accepted – by God a
Brittany
Mar 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
Finally Accepted was an emotionally charged, encouraging ending to the Freedom Lake series. I have now read all three books in this series and really enjoyed them all! If you have not read books one and two, you can probably follow along with Finally Accepted, however, the couples from books one and two do make frequent appearances in this novel.

Chloe and Darryl both struggled with feelings of abandonment from their childhoods. The abandonment circumstances were different, as were the way they b
Beth Erin
Sep 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
Full review on FaithfullyBookish.com

Finally Accepted could have taken the road well traveled and Hallmarked its way to happily ever after (nothing wrong with that, lots of folks like the sweet fluff) but instead, Toni Shiloh gives us more (and that's what I like!) This story has substance, grit, and raw honesty. There is conflict and crisis, doubt and defiance, and both fledgling and faltering faith threads. Shiloh shapes each character with authentic complexities, secrets, and flaws.

The Freedo
Melissa Henderson
Aug 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Author Toni Shiloh writes the most beautiful, heartfelt, encouraging stories. This one is another gem. Family secrets, past mistakes, forgiveness, trust, love and hope are some of the topics in this story. Each time I read a story by this author, I feel a connection to the characters and their town. Great read. I received a copy of this story from the author and this is my own personal opinion. No review was required.
Raelee Carpenter
Aug 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Love, love, love. Toni doesn't shy away from the hard issues, but she gives you the happy-sigh moments too.
Phyllis
Mar 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Can two broken and abandoned people ever find acceptance?

My rating is 4.5 stars

I have come to expect deeply touching stories from Toni Shiloh. She has a knack for wrapping her characters around my heart and having me feel their pain and cheer for their victories. Finally Accepted did not disappoint.

As Chloe and Darryl fought to deal with their abandonment issues and Darryl with his overwhelming guilt, I was drawn to their struggles. Seeing Darryl grasp the concept of being ""chosen before the fo
Caitlyn Santi
Wow! Toni Shiloh has done it yet again, just when I think her books couldn't possibly get any better, they do! I have been eagerly anticipating Chloe and Darryl's story ever since first meeting them in Returning Home, and Finally Accepted was so beyond amazing that it shattered every one of my sky-high expectations! Seriously, I am having a super hard time finding the words to say just how much I LOVED this book.
I was completely enthralled and invested in the story from the start and hated to se
Trisha
Aug 30, 2018 rated it really liked it
I have enjoyed every story in the Freedom Lake series! Toni Shiloh puts an enormous amount of heart, truth and the love of God into everything she writes. This heart-wrenching story of two people searching for the love of family and for acceptance is sure to give you a clearer image of our Father and his amazing love for us all!

Chole and Darryl are two people longing for family, for grace and acceptance. In truth, that is all something that we each long for. In learning to rely more fully on God
Rachael
Aug 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
A beautiful story of broken people who are healed by the Great Physician. The characters battle their past, complicated relationships, absent parents, and so many other heart issues...and a physical one,too.

A book that speaks to the heart and teaches about the ever presence of a Heavenly Father in his children who wants the best for them. They don’t always see it that way...which is so true in life. Despite the doubts, the characters come to realize that God is in control; and that he has their
Marguerite Gray
Apr 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I have read all of Toni’s Freedom Lake novels. Finally Accepted is a contemporary read with true to life characters who exist in a society full of imperfections. Both Chloe and Darryl struggle with their place in family relationships, in families that have rejected them and fallen short of the ideal. They do not want to pursue any outside permanent relationship for fear of inadequacies and not feeling good enough. This story is a beautiful picture of dysfunctional families able to break through ...more
Andrea Boyd
Aug 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is my favorite story, favorite hero, and favorite heroine of everything Toni Shiloh has published to date. I somehow knew all the way back to Returning Home, the first book in the Freedom Lake series, that Darryl and I had a connection. I wasn't wrong. Sigh. He's my latest book boyfriend. Read it, and I'll bet that he'll become one of yours too.
Deana Dick
Mar 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The author has written a wonderful story about acceptance and believing in yourself. Chloe is trying to accept the fact that she is bi-racial. She is a very down to earth person who finds out that she has siblings she never knew about. Her heart is heavy at times because she wants to be liked by her new found family but still struggles with how they will react to her. She also has a deep rooted image problem and will need to trust God to overcome this obstacle that has plagued her life.

Darryl i
Tabitha Bouldin
Mar 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2019
Where to begin, oh, where to begin…that’s a good kind of hesitation because there are so many wonderful things to say about Finally Accepted. I know everyone is just dying to know if the characters were realistic and if the setting was described down to the flowerpots on the sidewalk and did the plot make sense…the answers to those questions are yes, yes, and yes. Good, now we can move on to the fun part.

Finally Accepted is the first book by Toni Shiloh that I have ever read. It is also part of
Becca-Rae Weidel
Identity is such a complex concept. There are innumerable puzzle pieces that somehow fit together to make up who we believe we are. When vital pieces go missing or are suddenly transformed in ways we no longer see fit, it can be devastating. Having someone close by your side who will walk you through those changes though? Priceless.

I think this is a book that different readers could have very different take-aways from. When Chloe learns that she is biracial, she deals with some identity-shatteri
Suzie Waltner
Mar 29, 2019 rated it really liked it
If you are looking for some diverse Christian fiction that tackles some difficult subject matter while a realistic romance occurs and friendships strengthen, look no further than Toni Shiloh.

In her latest Freedom Lake novel, both of Shiloh’s main characters are struggling with their identities at formed by their families (or more accurately, lack thereof). Chloe has just discovered her father and half siblings while Darryl’s mother has returned to town, after a sixteen-year absence. New to faith
Marylin
Aug 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: books-reviewed
The Freedom Lake Series has been a wonderful series to read. I love the community and all the characters in these books. I feel like they’re family.
In this story, we get to know Chloe and Darryl more. They both are struggling with their personal identity and the image of what “family” looks like. Both had difficult years while they were growing up. But the friendships they made in school with, Jo, Michelle, Evan, and Guy are ones they draw upon now as adults. They are hit by intense events in t
Katherine
Mar 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Chloe is caught between two worlds. She grew up identifying as black and when she finds out he father is Caucasian finds her identity in turmoil. I can’t imagine being in the place where what I believed about myself my whole life was called into question. Chloe wrestles with finding her identity in God rather than her skin color or genetics. She wrestles with loss, bullying, rejection, and doubt that God is a good Father.

Darryl struggles with accepting that he is good enough with God’s grace. I
MJSH
Mar 29, 2019 rated it really liked it
4.5 stars for this newest addition to the Freedom Lake series. It’s book 3 in the series but can be read as a stand-alone. This book is so much more than just the romance between Chloe and Darryl that’s been blossoming since high school. It’s about the deep hurt of rejection from family, true acceptance and forgiveness, redemption and God’s unending grace and mercy. Toni Shiloh addresses quite a few tough issues in this book with grace, tactful skill, and honest, raw emotions.
Chloe and Darryl a
Mary
Mar 21, 2019 rated it really liked it
Toni Shiloh has a gift for bringing sweet love stories to life. Her characters seem so realistic and find themselves in interesting situations, making for fun plots. This book is no exception, and the circumstances are a bit unusual but intriguing. I also appreciate the insights into characters of color—and we are all so much alike anyway. In this novel, she handled both black and white perspectives equally well.

Chloe longs for a family, but the one she finds connections with certainly surprise
Vicky Sluiter
Sep 11, 2018 rated it really liked it
Trending author, Toni Shiloh, has released the third and final installment of her Freedom Lake Series. I encourage you to read the entire series. Shiloh does an incredible job writing books that contain diversity in a positive light.

Threading through this book is the desire for love and acceptance. We see it in the very well developed characters who are written so true to life. And we see that love and acceptance being fulfilled through our God as Chloe and Darryl grow and learn to trust Him as
Janice Sisemore
Mar 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2019
Finally accepted

Chloe finds out who her read father is but actually meets her sister Jamie first. She is the only one that will have anything to do with her at first. She does have other siblings that she has yet to meet.

The book also involves Darryl who has a lot from his past to deal with. He is a doctor mainly for little ones. I love how caring he is. Chloe meets Darryl through friends. They have a lot to work out with their families before getting involved.

I really enjoyed both the main c
Emily
Aug 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I LOVE this story! It was great to return to Freedom Lake and see how Chloe and Daryl put their trust in the Lord and seek His guidance for the paths of their lives. Family can be tricky and sometimes it's hard to know how to navigate relationships, especially ones that are as complicated as Chloe's and Daryl's.

Toni Shiloh has a wonderful way of mixing a great story with the Word of God. There's always a spiritual lesson and it always touches my heart in one way or another. Sometimes it's just
Emily Yager
Mar 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Toni Shiloh is an author I have been hearing about the last few months and I had been wanting to read one of her books. So this is the first I have read by her and I loved it, even though it is book three of a series.

Like I mentioned, Finally Accepted, is book three in the Freedom Lake series.
As I started with the end of the series, it took me a little bit to get into the story as I had to figure out who everyone was. But I didn’t feel as if I missed out on much by not reading the other books
Marie Pinkham
Aug 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Superb!

Oh, my gosh.i have loved all of Toni's books, but this was definitely my favorite. She just gets better the more she writes. Chloe and Darryl's story was filled with love, grace, forgiveness and so many real and raw emotions. It warmed my heart and brought me to tears. If you love deep, heartfelt romance with characters to love, and writing that points to a loving, grace-filled God, you'll definitely love Toni's stories. She's on my best-loved authors list! Can't wait to see what's next.
Sonnetta
Aug 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Darryl and Chloe's story was amazing. Chloe greatest desire came through but at what cost. Darryl struggle with actions of his past and cannot let go of it to have a future. Two flawed characters that God used to help us to see that He is into transforming us by our circumstances, struggles and relationships. I cannot wait to get this whole series in paperback. I want others to read these stories and be inspired. One of the reasons I love this series is that I can relate to the issues these char ...more
Becky Dempsey
Mar 30, 2019 rated it really liked it
Having met Chloe and Darryl in the previous books in the series, it was nice to finally get their story. Both Chloe and Darryl have issues from their past and are struggling with similar family drama, yet slightly unique, too. I found the way that Toni Shiloh dealt with these issues of abandonment, abuse, and addiction in a very careful way. The struggles that Chloe and Darryl experience made me feel for them and want to keep reading to see if would get resolved. I found the book to be well writ ...more

• Start With Me
  • Chased
  • All Made Up
  • First Site (The Buchanans)
  • Forever (Let's Stay Together Book 1)
  • More Than Words Can Say (Patchwork Family, #2)
  • Jocelyn  (Sewing in SoCal, #2)
  • Storing Up Trouble (American Heiresses, #3)
  • CHOICES: A Sweet Christian Romance (Eron Outsiders Book 2)
  • Family Business IV: The Children
  • Trey (The Jacksons Book 3)
  • Dinner with a Prince  (The Princes of New Sargasso #1)
  • Mind Games (Kaely Quinn Profiler, #1)
  • Step of Faith (Magnolia Gardens Book 1)
  • Between Stairs and Stardust (Blue Ridge Fairytales #1)
  • A Match for Emma (Mitchell's Crossroads, #3)
  • A Reluctant Bride (The Bride Ships, #1)
  • Take a Chance on Me (A Misty River Romance #0.5)
Toni Shiloh is a wife, mom, and Christian fiction writer. Once she understood the powerful saving grace thanks to the love of Christ, she was moved to honor her Savior. She writes to bring Him glory and to learn more about His goodness.

Freedom Lake (3 books)
  • Returning Home (Freedom Lake #1)
  • Grace Restored (Freedom Lake #2)