Start by marking “Fallen Leaves” as Want to Read:
Fallen Leaves

Fallen Leaves

(Purple Moon #2)

Selena Taylor thought her only worry this fall was starting her junior year at a new arts school in North Carolina, miles away from home. But when she finds out her mom could graduate from rehab sooner than expected—even worse, she could work for her former nothing-but-trouble boss—Selena's determined to create a new life for them. Back in her childhood Kentucky hometown. ...more
Published October 26th 2018 by IlluminateYA & Lighthouse Publishing of the Carolinas

Start your review of Fallen Leaves
Ivie
Sep 12, 2018 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
A fall themed book? I NEED IT.
Josie
Fallen Leaves is a special book where the sequel is even better than the first book to me. I read it within 24 hours of receiving the ARC (free in exchange for honest review), if that tells you anything about how much I enjoyed it.

This book is the continuation of Purple Moon. I loved everything about the theme: the verse, how it ties in with the season, and the lessons learned. It inspired a new love of Ecclesiastes 3 in me the way it was put to a story.

And the art! Painting and photography and
Micaiah Saldaña
Aug 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
So excited for the official release! RTC on release day! =D
Alysha (For The Love of Christian Fiction)
Yes I'm proud of myself for stepping outside of my reading comfort zone, but I think I might take a break from YA contemporary. I'm coming to find it really isn't my thing.

The idea for this book was cute, I love seeing creative main characters!
Other than that and my LOVE for the side character's (Cole is my favorite ever!) I really didn't care for the story.

NOT BECAUSE OF THE AUTHOR!!! I just personally couldn't connect with anything the main character was going through, or what demons she
Rayleigh
Oct 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Fallen Leaves is the long awaited continuation of Selena's story from Purple Moon.

Though Fallen Leaves is a sequel book, it could be read as a standalone because many of the events are explained as they're referred back to, however because I loved Purple Moon so much, I definitely recommend reading that book first.

Just like with the first book, Selena is a high school girl dealing with family problems and school problems. She struggles with her faith, identity, and trusting her closest friends
Aria
Nov 22, 2018 rated it really liked it
I liked this one better than the first - oh, and I adore the fact that most of the book takes place in the Asheville area, my hometown. I love all the Asheville references!
Sydney
Oct 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
In book two of her Purple Moon Series, author Tessa Emily Hall brings to life a powerful and inspiring story. Fallen Leaves is about the struggles of a young teen girl. It’s about discovering how to handle the hardships life has thrown at you with hope and learning to lean on and trust in God. Big themes in the story revolve around hope and the unexpected gift of meaningful relationships with family and friends. This vibrant young adult realistic fiction story will command the attention of ...more
S.G. Willoughby
Feb 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book was so . . . realistic. From the broken families to the coffee descriptions to the teenage drama. Tessa's writing style and descriptions are beautiful and vivid -- so much so that I found myself wanting to paint something or drink coffee (and that's saying something, as I'm not a coffee drinker).

I have not yet read Purple Moon, but while I think I will someday so that I can learn more about the characters, I was not confused at any point in the reading for not having read book 1.

Did I
Anna Schaeffer
Sep 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Tessa Emily Hall has a gift for telling compelling, hope-filled stories. With lifelike settings you can step right into, and relatable characters you’ll quickly call friends, Fallen Leaves reminds us of the importance of friendship, family, and ultimately, faith in a plan bigger than what we see in front of us. Whether you’ve known Selena Taylor since Purple Moon, or it’s your first visit to Lake Lure, you’ll savor this story like your favorite Autumn latte…and wish it didn’t have to end.
Caroline George
Sep 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Tessa Emily Hall crafts a vibrant, meaningful story focused on the beauty gained through and within change. She once again treats readers to an emotionally transparent novel that explores the reality of loss, self-discovery, and hope for growth after the fall. Fallen Leaves holds readers close, encourages their hearts, and warms them like a good cup of coffee.
Susan
Oct 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Fallen leaves is a heart warming story with an intriguing plot and great characters, and a message that will resonant with you. "And a time for everything…"
Suzie Waltner
Sep 29, 2018 rated it really liked it
Selena Taylor deals with the typical teenage struggles—a new school, figuring whether the boy she likes feels the same about her, and a new job. But she also has some much larger issues to contend with, including her new relationship with Christ, a mother in rehab, and a search for the father and brother she hasn’t seen in eight years.

While Selena steps out of her comfort zone and embraces courage in her artwork and her job, she is a bit too passive in a couple other areas. Specifically, where
R.M. Archer
Oct 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: to-buy, kindle-books
I don't read a whole lot of contemporary fiction, but almost every time I do I wonder why I don't. One of my favorite things about books is that they transport you to a different place, and with contemporary fiction that place is often somewhere you feel like you could actually have a chance of going, particularly when that place is written well. Lake Lure was definitely written well. Tessa did a wonderful job of capturing the inviting atmosphere of Brewer's coffee shop, the mixture of fun and ...more
Sara
Dec 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Once I began the book, I could not put it down. I did not read Purple Moon but, I did not feel lost or confused as the author does a good job in explaining the characters. A truly heartwarming story about Selena Taylor and her journey in finding herself. I could definitely relate to her character in her relationship with God and others around her! A great work by a great author!
Karis
Over a month ago, I read this book on Thanksgiving afternoon. It was the perfect Thanksgiving and autumn time read, and I greatly appreciated the themes of friendship, healing, redemption, and a growing yet solid new faith. Unfortunately I didn’t get to reviewing it right away though I had planned on it, so I don’t remember the details enough to give a full review, but I remember how it rekindled the heart of burnt-out reader like I was at the time and made me want to wave at the world, point ...more
Theron StJohn
Dec 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
In the follow-up book to 'Purple Moon' Tessa Emily Hall, continues the story of Selena as she wonders if there is hope for her family come back together. In this story of redemption and resurrection, teens and young adults will enjoy this second book (although you don't need to read 'Purple Moon' in order to enjoy and be brought into the story). As a youth pastor, this work of fiction helped to remind me the struggles and emotions that come with being a teen. At the same time, realizing the ...more
SJ Garrison
Nov 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Wonderful story of learning to trust in God's timing. I haven't read any earlier stories of Selena, but that didn't matter one bit. I highly recommend this story to anyone that likes good clean inspirational stories.
Rachelle Cobb
Sep 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: kindle-read, own-read
YA at its finest!
M. R.
Aug 25, 2018 rated it liked it
**I received an advanced reader's copy of this book from the author in exchange for an honest review.

I personally think that this was such a great book to read with autumn right around the corner! I sat on my couch one afternoon, the sun shining outside, the leaves already starting to turn a shade of yellow and orange, and started to read this story.
It was a great continuation of Purple Moon, the first book of Selena's story. It picks up right as she is about to start school at a prestigious
Phyllis
Oct 12, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 4-stars, ya-romance
In seasons of change, God is always constant

Selena suffered from anxiety, which was no surprise considering the things she had been through in her sixteen years of life. Wrested away from her dad and brother and made to believe that she was sent away. Living with and caring for an alcoholic mother, left to wonder if she would come home at night and what kind of condition she would be in when she got there.

But things were different now. Living with her aunt and uncle while her mom was in rehab.
Carole Jarvis
Oct 17, 2018 rated it really liked it
Reviewed at The Power of Words: https://bit.ly/2PkW4IC

Let me begin by saying that I wish Christian fiction like this had been around when I was a teen. Fallen Leaves is a YA novel that is entertaining, poignant, and filled with inspiration for our daily walk. Tessa Emily Hall has crafted characters that are relatable and who deal with situations applicable to any young adult. Although picking up where the previous novel, Purple Moon, left off, adequate background is provided so that I had no
Tarissa
Sep 25, 2018 rated it really liked it
What I love? It's a solid story, that upholds excellent Christian values. I have been super excited to catch the sequel to Purple Moon... and now Fallen Leaves is here!

The reader can take in a sweeping story about the healing power of art... overcoming temptations... brokenness transformed... achieving goals... finding truth... trusting in Jesus Christ and His timing... and navigating the messes of life with grace...

“God wouldn't have brought you all this way and then leave you to fend for
V. Palmer
Oct 11, 2018 rated it really liked it

Fallen Leaves by Tessa Emily Hall is the perfect sweet, romantic, inspiring YA read for Autumn! I mean, the title is Fallen Leaves! You can't get more perfect than that! ;-)

I loved Selena just for being Selena! She loved God and was trying to navigate school, relationships, and life. Sometimes she made the right decision, and sometimes she didn't. Selena and the other characters were beautifully broken. They all had their secrets and struggles and hurts, making them so relatable to me! The
Cindy
Aug 01, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Not sure how to rate this book. I realize it's a sequel, but there are some basic things missing in story that shouldn't be. For example, for 89% of the book I had no idea how old the main character was. At first I thought adult until I read it was her first job. But some women don't start working until they're adults. Mostly I wavered between thinking she was a teenager around 18 to being in her 20's. Turned out she was 16. Knowing the age is important in order to enjoy and understand the ...more
Naomi
May 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
It had been awhile since I had spent time with Selena and her friends, so at first I got just a couple of the characters mixed up (which is my fault, not the authors! I tend to get characters confused easily XD). I remembered Selena and some of the things she went through. It was nice to see how the things in Purple Moon still affected her, whether in a positive or a negative way, and how that was affecting what she was going through currently. Selena was forced to go through things that pushed ...more
Katy
Sep 02, 2018 rated it liked it
I received an ARC from the author in exchange for an honest review!

Purple Moon is one of my all-time favorite books, and I was so excited when I heard about the sequel coming out. And in a lot of ways, I really did enjoy it. Selena's journey was picked up pretty close to where it was left off, and we continued to watch her character and relationships develop very beautifully. In addition, the author's writing style is beautiful and I am absolutely in love with the way she uses descriptive
Megan W. (pnwbookworm)
For the most part I enjoyed this book. I found that I liked Selena and could relate to her anxiety and struggles. I wished the author had delved more into the anxiety issue a bit more though, how she dealt with it and such. Teens reading the book with probably relate to Selena as well. I did find the writing to be a bit repetitive though. For example in the beginning when the author is trying to get across that Selena's Aunt and Uncle are rich she mentions a lot of expensive brands and I felt ...more
Kristen Hogrefe
Oct 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The inviting, warm cover is just the start of how relatable this story is. Hall presents young adult characters with such realism and empathy that I can't help but care deeply for Selena, her almost-boyfriend, her new friend, and even her sometimes-cruel cousin. Teens will appreciate Selena's passion for being an artist, her struggle with anxiety, her desire to reunify her family, her relational struggles with her peers, and her growing pains with her faith.

This book is a sequel to Purple Moon,
Cate
Nov 21, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended for ages 13 and up
To be honest, there wasn't really much of the story I didn't like; but my favorite parts were the part where Selena searches for her dad and Drake. I also thought that Madaleigh was a really great girl. I got little shivers up my spine whenever Renee was talking to Selena, because I had no idea what she would say next (I imagined her to be a ruthless,mean girl). (view spoiler)
Dianna (SavingsInSeconds blog)
Oct 10, 2018 rated it really liked it
I received a free copy of this book as part of the blog tour & giveaway. Opinions shared are mine.

Teen readers will relate to Selena’s struggles and tough decisions. Fallen Leaves gives teens a chance to think through these situations in a non-threatening way. Since this is a Christian fiction title, it’s also a clean read. I appreciate having books like that for my daughter!

One of my favorite quotes from the story is from Austin, who said, “If life doesn’t play out the way you envisioned,

• Jessie's Hope
  • The Bridge Between
  • To Claim Her Heart
  • The Trouble in Willow Falls (Willow Falls #2)
  • The Cowboys
  • Within These Lines
  • Mountain Man (Finding Love in the Blue Ridge Mountains)
  • The Caretaker's Son
  • Somewhere a Rainbow (Finding Love in the Low Country)
  • Still Life in Shadows
  • Her Deadly Reunion (Jill Shepherd #2)
  • Mourning Dove
  • The Secret of Willow Inn (Willow Falls, #1)
  • Sing a New Song
  • Mind Games (Kaely Quinn Profiler, #1)
  • God Bless the Child
  • Cathedral Hills - The Complete Series Box Set: Christmas Inspirational Novels
  • Fashioning the Future (Aspiring Hearts #3)
Tessa Emily Hall is an award-winning author who writes inspirational yet authentic books for teens to remind them they’re not alone. She writes both fiction and devotionals for teens, including her upcoming release, LOVE YOUR SELFIE (March 2020, Ellie Claire). Tessa's passion for shedding light on clean entertainment and media for teens led her to a career as a Literary Agent at Cyle Young ...more

Purple Moon (2 books)