Start by marking “Getting Hot with the Scot (Sometimes in Love, #1)” as Want to Read:
Getting Hot with the Scot (Sometimes in Love, #1)

Getting Hot with the Scot

(Sometimes in Love #1)

“Playful, passionate, and positively unputdownable!”—New York Times bestselling author Christina Lauren

IT’S TIME TO FLIRT WITH A MAN IN A KILT

Cassie Crow, a pop-culture reporter for a TV talk show, is focused on becoming a “serious” journalist. But when she stumbles into a kilted Highlander with a killer accent, Cassie decides that taking one night off from work and spend
Mass Market Paperback, 368 pages
Expected publication: April 30th 2019 by St. Martin's Press

To ask other readers questions about Getting Hot with the Scot, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Getting Hot with the Scot

J K
Dec 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I've found a new author to follow too. Can I give this a 10 star review? WOW had me hooked from the beginning. Had everything (thinking about) time-traveling Scots (wink-wink), kilts, great friendships, some heartbreak, hot steamy connections and great locations! And...personally (because it's my favorite Disney movie) I loooovveeed the reference to The Little Mermaid with Bonnie and Theo.
BookAddict
Dec 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
When a reader takes a chance on a new author, she's never quite sure what to expect. This book was delightfully unexpected, and my risk paid off in spades. Flirty and frisky, clever and charming, and tender and touching, this hot Scot hero and his heroine have a palpable connection and surprising depth and vulnerability. But it’s author's ability to bring characters alive and humanize them that bonds me to the characters and fully invests me in the outcome of their story.

Not only does this auth
Heather andrews
Dec 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Cassie just loves to tease her man, “well, until you started to strip for me,” he admitted. “And now that I ken what kind of knickers you’re hiding under there”— he quirked an eyebrow at her, pointedly staring her up and down—“ supper is going to be torture for sure.” Logan loves to have a good time with his girl, "...She smiled and tossed him a towel, her gaze straying lower. “Ye’ve a wandering eye, lass,” he teased, smacking her on her towel-covered bottom..." I liked this book, I fell in love ...more
Sophie
AMAZING!
You really should buy this book!

Have I ever told you how I love historical Highland romances? No? Well, now you know. So, of course, I was interested when I read the blurb. A book that includes a kilted Scot in the modern times? I mean, sign me up or something.

The first chapter basically sucked me in. It was just so good. The ending of that chapter made me excited. It promised fun. And it delivered, big time!

I was laughing during reading and that happens rarely.

Cassie is like me a sucker
Chris  C - A Midlife Wife
Aww so sweet and Logan?? Total yum!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Just as the title suggests, the story is a cute romcom that takes a hold of you and will not let go. It starts with a wild and wacky scene and just keeps on going.

While on a trip of a lifetime with 4 other friends, Cassie finds herself wrapped up in a hunky, kilt wearing Scot who is so worth the intense ribbing she gets from her friends. After all, who could resist, especially when the hot Highlander returns the heat and ups the passion.

Th
✰ Bianca ✰ BJ's Book Blog ✰

description

Cassie is on a trip through Europe with her besties.

One of the last stops is Scotland. She still has that full box of condoms she was hoping to use by having an exciting one-night-stand-adventure with a european hottie. But it hasn't happened yet.

Enter Logan. A sexy kilted Scot who's eager to help her with that box of condoms.
They spend some amazing days together ... but he also wants to use her for his internet prank series. And Cassie can't have her face in a ridiculous video when she needs he
Julia Phillips
Jan 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely loved how rich, well-developed, and sexy this book was. Cassie and Logan feel like whole people, with friends, families, career ambitions, and individual concerns, and Melonie Johnson shows us how their relationship really grows from first lust to real love. I read this book in one night – I couldn't put it down!
Michelle Casper
Dec 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
International love, angst, and hot sex make this a real page turner. Melonie hit it out of the park with this one.
Dianne
Witty, fun and filled with humor and heart, GETTING HOT WITH THE SCOT by Melonie Johnson will leave readers smiling at the romantic antics of one American woman and the sexy man-in-a-kilt who will check off the final “to-do” item on her list!

Cassie Crow took a walk on the wild side when sexy Scot, Logan Reid melted her libido with his oh-so-hot accent. Will one night together be enough or will these two discover that even an ocean cannot keep them apart, in spite of their fear of the pitfalls of
Stacey is Sassy
A bit Hot under his kilt…

If someone was to stand directly in front of me and say BOO, there’s a good chance I may break down in tears. I’m one of those overly sensitive little snowflakes who screams blue murder if someone tries to scare me. I think my boys did it to me once when they were younger…and my tears brought on their tears. The whole thing was a bloody mess and hubby had to calm us all down and give the boys a little talking to. *Don’t scare mummy or she’ll FREAK OUT!!!*

So, you can imag
Kate Meader
Feb 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Unabashedly sexy and romantic, Melonie Johnson's debut is a fun, big-hearted read. You'll be wishing for your own Scot to kiss!
Annarella
Dec 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This book was a lovely discovery: fun to read and really entertaining.
I loved the cast of characters, the plot and the setting.
I will surely look for other books by this writer.
Highly recommended!
Many thanks to St. Martin's Press and Netgalley for this ARC
Konny
Dec 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Getting Hot with the Scot by Melonie Johnson is book one in her new Sometimes in Love series.

Meet Cassie Crow, she and her best friends are on vacation, travelling through Europe and they just arrived in beautiful Scotland. She's a broadcast journslist and life is good. When she mmets a irresistible hunk of a ginger scot her fate is about to change again.

Logan Reid is a man of many talents. And one of it is being a prankmaster on his own show. When he mmets Cassie he doesn't know yet that he met
Cheryl
Dec 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Yes, this Scot was hot! .......And perfect for that vacation fling Cassie wanted, until he was more. This story was at times fun and flirty, hilarious, serious, and heartbreaking. Cassie’s best friends were fun characters. Their sometimes snarky, but always fond comments were very entertaining. Logan was more of a puzzle with Cassie only seeing small pieces of his real self. I enjoyed the book even though it felt a bit long at times. Definitely worth the read.
Julie (Jewls Book Blog)
What began as a one night stand, after one wallop of a misunderstanding, developed into something neither one saw coming! Cassie was a firecracker with a fun spirited manner. With a mischievous personality and a sense of adventure, Logan was adorable! (And if Prince Harry could have a Scottish accent...well, that’s who I kept picturing as Logan, lol!) Their relationship came about a bit backwards, including foot in mouth moments and spicy make-up scenes, but I really loved when Cassie and Logan ...more
MELISSA *Mel Reader*
Dec 14, 2018 marked it as to-read
Shelves: arcs

(ARC provided by St. Martin's Press)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Becky
Jan 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Getting Hot with the Scot was a very well written romance, hea, sexy, funny book. This is a new author for me and I'm super stoked to add her to my who to watch for new books list! Brilliant characters and side characters. Plenty of emotions and excitement. Picture the Sex and the City girls going on a European vacation together! This book was a blast of sexy kilts , Scots and even a sexy Prince Eric look a like English Duke to round out the hottness! I hope we get Bonnie's story next!!!
Gifted
Samantha Bilodeau
4.5 Stars Rounded Up

This was so much fun! Logan was kind of amazing. I adored his mischievousness and humor, but also his sweetness, and the fact that he was willing to open himself up to being vulnerable. The accent, which I had no problem hearing in my head, didn't hurt either!

Cassie was well-rounded enough as well, and made for a nice contrast to Logan. I loved how she was able to call Logan out on things, and appreciated her own sense of humor, and her strength.

I will say that this felt more
Deb Diem
Dec 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Getting Hot With The Scot is my first book by Melonie Johnson, it won't be my last. Ms. Johnson has given readers a well-written book and then treated us to an outstanding cast of characters. Cassie is going on a long-awaited trip with her friends. She's a little discouraged that the trip is almost over and she hasn't had her vacation fling. Logan meets Cassie when filming a prank at a Scottish castle. Logan and Cassie's story is loaded with drama, sizzle, humor and is a totally fun read. I enjo ...more
Jamie
Dec 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Getting Hot with the Scot is one of the best romance books I've read this year. I loved this novel. Especially, because I love Scotland, and I'll be traveling there soon. I loved the situation. It was unique. The idea of Logan's prank show was hilarious and fresh. I also loved the dynamic of friends. They all had great relationships with each other, and they all were distinguishable and different. I'm looking forward to the next book!
Cindy Reifel
Jan 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Cassie is a pop culture reporter for a Cable TV Channel in Chicago who decides to take a trip to Europe with her best friends. While in Scotland, she encounters a gorgeous Scot in a kilt and, kisses him, while wondering if he's a ghost or, if this is a set-up.
Logan is a Scot who sets up elaborate pranks for the Internet Channel he and his sister have set up. When he meets Cassie, he falls instantly in lust and, follows her throughout the rest of their trip and, to Chicago.
This is one of the CUT
Jackie D
Jan 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book was the kind of romance that wraps you up in its storyline, with fantastic characters, quirky humor, emotional upsets, and magnetic connections!
Once I started reading, I couldn't stop!
Melonie Johnson has created a unique, beautifully written story that just felt like it needed to be told!!
I am so curious to see what happens between Bonnie and Theo!
This author has a new fan!
I highly suggest checking this book out for yourself!
Jacquie Hamilton
Jan 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Cassie Crow is a pop-culture reporter for a TV talk show in Chicago. She and her friends embark on the vacation of a lifetime where she meets a kilted Highlander with a killer accent on a tour of a Scottish castle. Logan Reid has built a career hosting a series of off-the-wall hijinks on the Web. His latest prank is to convince Cassie that he's a time traveling Scot. When she catches on she's furious. She's trying to convince her boss that she's a serious journalist and this won't help. He has t ...more
Brenda
Jan 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This was a fun adventure with a group of close friends. The girls started planning the trip 5 years out. Each girls picked a country they wanted to visit. Cassie is the romantic in the group and wanted to have a foreign fling. Boy did she get more than she bargained for with this Scot.
The book was funny, interesting and fun to read. The girls trip made me wish I could have gone with them.
Rhonda
Dec 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
Fun romantic love story

Getting Hot with the Scott the first book in Melonie Johnson's A Sometimes in Love series is the first book of what I anticipate will be many that I've read by the author.
I thought the first meet between Cassie and Logan was very original and their chemistry sizzling. I love romances that show more than a love story, where secondary characters play pivotal roles as they do in this book. It adds more depth and dimension to the plot and character development. I can hardly w
Lauren at Live Read and Breathe Reviews
4 Scottish loving stars!

Source: eARC for Honest Review Courtesy of St. Martins via NetGalley

This is seems to be a debut book for this author and I'm glad I got the chance to review this book because it was super adorable and I can't wait for more from this author and this series.

Cassie was on a once in a lifetime vacation with her best friends and one thing she wanted from the trip was charms for her charm bracelet and one night stand while on a vacation. And what she got was so much more.

"The
Juno Rushdan
Mar 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is the first in a new romantic comedy series that you won't want to miss. I loved the locations, the delightful characters, witty banter, sizzling sex, and laugh-out-loud moments. Talk about a perfect rom-com that made me wish I had a Scot of my own. Melonie Johnson is now on my must-read list. This was such a fun, sexy story that I can't wait to pick up the next one!
Jess (ireadergosum) Reviews
Dec 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc-review, netgalley
This book is full of ups, downs, and one hot scot. Cassie and her friends are hilarious. Logan is much deeper than his jokester persona. As the reader you know much more than you want, you can see it unfolding and want to protect the characters. Plus, I was kind of on the fence about Logan most of the time. Overall, it was a fun romance read, and while parts of it were pretty predictable, I still enjoyed the journey with Cassie and Logan.

What I'm really excited about it is the next book, Smitte
Felicia Grossman
Feb 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I was so lucky to get to read an advanced copy of Getting Hot with the Scot. Let me first say, it was amazing! Cassie and Logan were adorable together from the first interaction. I will tell you they totally had the most unique "meet-cute-ever." And their chemistry, off-the-charts.

But the book is so much more than that. All the relationships, Cassie with her friends, Logan and his sister, both of them with their mothers, each was so well done and singular and special and real. The conflict was a
Špela
Feb 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Loved this book!
One of the perks was that I too visited Scotland with my friends last year. But unfortunately we didn't meet any hot Scott in a kilt. But we did visit Eileen Donan castle and we went through all the Scotland so it is incredible to read about this beuty that truly is indescribable. You have to see it with your own eyes to know what the talk is about.
Anyway back to the book. It is sweet and funny and super exciting. His accent is off the charts!
I love their dynamics. Their push and
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
  • Eyes on Me
  • Fix Her Up
  • Say You Still Love Me
  • Hold On (Play On, #2.5; Big Sky, #4.6)
  • Under the Northern Lights
  • The Slow Burn (Moonlight and Motor Oil, #2)
  • Twisted Love
  • Never Have I Ever
  • The Lady Rogue
  • Crave (Love the Way You Lie, #1)
  • Vendetta in Death (In Death #49)
  • Risky Play (Red Card, #1)
  • Cinderfella
  • The Two Week Arrangement
  • The Right Swipe (Modern Love, #1)
  • How to Hack a Heartbreak
  • Brazen and the Beast (The Bareknuckle Bastards, #2)
  • Moonlight & Whiskey
A Star Wars junkie and Shakespeare groupie who quotes both Yoda and the Bard with equal aplomb, award-winning author Melonie Johnson—aka #thewritinglush—is a two-time RWA Golden Heart® finalist who loves dark coffee, cheap wine, and expensive beer. And margaritas. And mimosas. And mules. Basically any cocktail that starts with the letter m. She met her future husband in that most romantic of place ...more

Sometimes in Love (3 books)
  • Smitten by the Brit (Sometimes in Love, #2)
  • Once Upon a Bad Boy (Sometimes in Love, #3)