Start by marking “Getting Hot with the Scot (Sometimes in Love, #1)” as Want to Read:
Getting Hot with the Scot (Sometimes in Love, #1)

Getting Hot with the Scot

(Sometimes in Love #1)

“Playful, passionate, and positively unputdownable!”—New York Times bestselling author Christina Lauren

IT’S TIME TO FLIRT WITH A MAN IN A KILT

Cassie Crow, a pop-culture reporter for a TV talk show, is focused on becoming a “serious” journalist. But when she stumbles into a kilted Highlander with a killer accent, Cassie decides that taking one night off from work and spend
Mass Market Paperback, 368 pages
Expected publication: April 30th 2019 by St. Martin's Paperbacks

To ask other readers questions about Getting Hot with the Scot, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Getting Hot with the Scot

J K
Dec 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I've found a new author to follow too. Can I give this a 10 star review? WOW had me hooked from the beginning. Had everything (thinking about) time-traveling Scots (wink-wink), kilts, great friendships, some heartbreak, hot steamy connections and great locations! And...personally (because it's my favorite Disney movie) I loooovveeed the reference to The Little Mermaid with Bonnie and Theo.
BookAddict
Dec 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
When a reader takes a chance on a new author, she's never quite sure what to expect. This book was delightfully unexpected, and my risk paid off in spades. Flirty and frisky, clever and charming, and tender and touching, this hot Scot hero and his heroine have a palpable connection and surprising depth and vulnerability. But it’s author's ability to bring characters alive and humanize them that bonds me to the characters and fully invests me in the outcome of their story.

Not only does this auth
Heather andrews
Dec 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Cassie just loves to tease her man, “well, until you started to strip for me,” he admitted. “And now that I ken what kind of knickers you’re hiding under there”— he quirked an eyebrow at her, pointedly staring her up and down—“ supper is going to be torture for sure.” Logan loves to have a good time with his girl, "...She smiled and tossed him a towel, her gaze straying lower. “Ye’ve a wandering eye, lass,” he teased, smacking her on her towel-covered bottom..." I liked this book, I fell in love ...more
Chris  C - A Midlife Wife
Aww so sweet and Logan?? Total yum!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Just as the title suggests, the story is a cute romcom that takes a hold of you and will not let go. It starts with a wild and wacky scene and just keeps on going.

While on a trip of a lifetime with 4 other friends, Cassie finds herself wrapped up in a hunky, kilt wearing Scot who is so worth the intense ribbing she gets from her friends. After all, who could resist, especially when the hot Highlander returns the heat and ups the passion.

Th
Sophie
AMAZING!
You really should buy this book!

Have I ever told you how I love historical Highland romances? No? Well, now you know. So, of course, I was interested when I read the blurb. A book that includes a kilted Scot in the modern times? I mean, sign me up or something.

The first chapter basically sucked me in. It was just so good. The ending of that chapter made me excited. It promised fun. And it delivered, big time!

I was laughing during reading and that happens rarely.

Cassie is like me a sucker
Julia Phillips
Jan 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely loved how rich, well-developed, and sexy this book was. Cassie and Logan feel like whole people, with friends, families, career ambitions, and individual concerns, and Melonie Johnson shows us how their relationship really grows from first lust to real love. I read this book in one night – I couldn't put it down!
Michelle Casper
Dec 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
International love, angst, and hot sex make this a real page turner. Melonie hit it out of the park with this one.
Annarella
Dec 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This book was a lovely discovery: fun to read and really entertaining.
I loved the cast of characters, the plot and the setting.
I will surely look for other books by this writer.
Highly recommended!
Many thanks to St. Martin's Press and Netgalley for this ARC
✰ Bianca ✰ BJ's Book Blog ✰

description

Cassie is on a trip through Europe with her besties.

One of the last stops is Scotland. She still has that full box of condoms she was hoping to use by having an exciting one-night-stand-adventure with a european hottie. But it hasn't happened yet.

Enter Logan. A sexy kilted Scot who's eager to help her with that box of condoms.
They spend some amazing days together ... but he also wants to use her for his internet prank series. And Cassie can't have her face in a ridiculous video when she needs he
MELISSA *Mel Reader*
Dec 14, 2018 marked it as to-read
Shelves: arcs

(ARC provided by St. Martin's Press)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Konny
Dec 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Getting Hot with the Scot by Melonie Johnson is book one in her new Sometimes in Love series.

Meet Cassie Crow, she and her best friends are on vacation, travelling through Europe and they just arrived in beautiful Scotland. She's a broadcast journslist and life is good. When she mmets a irresistible hunk of a ginger scot her fate is about to change again.

Logan Reid is a man of many talents. And one of it is being a prankmaster on his own show. When he mmets Cassie he doesn't know yet that he met
Cheryl
Dec 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Yes, this Scot was hot! .......And perfect for that vacation fling Cassie wanted, until he was more. This story was at times fun and flirty, hilarious, serious, and heartbreaking. Cassie’s best friends were fun characters. Their sometimes snarky, but always fond comments were very entertaining. Logan was more of a puzzle with Cassie only seeing small pieces of his real self. I enjoyed the book even though it felt a bit long at times. Definitely worth the read.
Kate Meader
Feb 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Unabashedly sexy and romantic, Melonie Johnson's debut is a fun, big-hearted read. You'll be wishing for your own Scot to kiss!
Julie (Jewls Book Blog)
What began as a one night stand, after one wallop of a misunderstanding, developed into something neither one saw coming! Cassie was a firecracker with a fun spirited manner. With a mischievous personality and a sense of adventure, Logan was adorable! (And if Prince Harry could have a Scottish accent...well, that’s who I kept picturing as Logan, lol!) Their relationship came about a bit backwards, including foot in mouth moments and spicy make-up scenes, but I really loved when Cassie and Logan ...more
Deb Diem
Dec 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Getting Hot With The Scot is my first book by Melonie Johnson, it won't be my last. Ms. Johnson has given readers a well-written book and then treated us to an outstanding cast of characters. Cassie is going on a long-awaited trip with her friends. She's a little discouraged that the trip is almost over and she hasn't had her vacation fling. Logan meets Cassie when filming a prank at a Scottish castle. Logan and Cassie's story is loaded with drama, sizzle, humor and is a totally fun read. I enjo ...more
Becky
Jan 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Getting Hot with the Scot was a very well written romance, hea, sexy, funny book. This is a new author for me and I'm super stoked to add her to my who to watch for new books list! Brilliant characters and side characters. Plenty of emotions and excitement. Picture the Sex and the City girls going on a European vacation together! This book was a blast of sexy kilts , Scots and even a sexy Prince Eric look a like English Duke to round out the hottness! I hope we get Bonnie's story next!!!
Gifted
Jamie
Dec 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Getting Hot with the Scot is one of the best romance books I've read this year. I loved this novel. Especially, because I love Scotland, and I'll be traveling there soon. I loved the situation. It was unique. The idea of Logan's prank show was hilarious and fresh. I also loved the dynamic of friends. They all had great relationships with each other, and they all were distinguishable and different. I'm looking forward to the next book!
Rhonda
Dec 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
Fun romantic love story

Getting Hot with the Scott the first book in Melonie Johnson's A Sometimes in Love series is the first book of what I anticipate will be many that I've read by the author.
I thought the first meet between Cassie and Logan was very original and their chemistry sizzling. I love romances that show more than a love story, where secondary characters play pivotal roles as they do in this book. It adds more depth and dimension to the plot and character development. I can hardly w
Cindy Reifel
Jan 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Cassie is a pop culture reporter for a Cable TV Channel in Chicago who decides to take a trip to Europe with her best friends. While in Scotland, she encounters a gorgeous Scot in a kilt and, kisses him, while wondering if he's a ghost or, if this is a set-up.
Logan is a Scot who sets up elaborate pranks for the Internet Channel he and his sister have set up. When he meets Cassie, he falls instantly in lust and, follows her throughout the rest of their trip and, to Chicago.
This is one of the CUT
Lauren at Live Read and Breathe Reviews
4 Scottish loving stars!

Source: eARC for Honest Review Courtesy of St. Martins via NetGalley

This is seems to be a debut book for this author and I'm glad I got the chance to review this book because it was super adorable and I can't wait for more from this author and this series.

Cassie was on a once in a lifetime vacation with her best friends and one thing she wanted from the trip was charms for her charm bracelet and one night stand while on a vacation. And what she got was so much more.

"The
Jackie D
Jan 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book was the kind of romance that wraps you up in its storyline, with fantastic characters, quirky humor, emotional upsets, and magnetic connections!
Once I started reading, I couldn't stop!
Melonie Johnson has created a unique, beautifully written story that just felt like it needed to be told!!
I am so curious to see what happens between Bonnie and Theo!
This author has a new fan!
I highly suggest checking this book out for yourself!
Brenda
Jan 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This was a fun adventure with a group of close friends. The girls started planning the trip 5 years out. Each girls picked a country they wanted to visit. Cassie is the romantic in the group and wanted to have a foreign fling. Boy did she get more than she bargained for with this Scot.
The book was funny, interesting and fun to read. The girls trip made me wish I could have gone with them.
Jess (ireadergosum) Reviews
Dec 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc-review, netgalley
This book is full of ups, downs, and one hot scot. Cassie and her friends are hilarious. Logan is much deeper than his jokester persona. As the reader you know much more than you want, you can see it unfolding and want to protect the characters. Plus, I was kind of on the fence about Logan most of the time. Overall, it was a fun romance read, and while parts of it were pretty predictable, I still enjoyed the journey with Cassie and Logan.

What I'm really excited about it is the next book, Smitte
Anna  (The Bursting Bookshelf)
Jan 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
A review copy of this book was provided by St Martin's Press in exchange for an honest review.

When St Martin's Press reached out to me about reading this book, I was a little hesitant given my recent experience with this genre. All too often, reading a romance book feels like reading a checklist - all the main points are the same, the only things that change are the names and the backdrop. While this book was a bit predictable, it has massive heart and an enjoyable plot that will hold a lot of
Paige
Jan 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
This was a fun and enjoyable contemporary romance, and a great kickoff for the new Sometimes in Love series. As the title suggests, the two main characters, Cassie and Logan, have lots of descriptive "getting hot" throughout the book. I personally would have preferred this to have been toned down a bit because I felt it started to slow the story down at times, but this is subjective. I thought the plot was unique and written in a style that was enjoyable to read.

I especially enjoyed getting to e
Pelusa Rivera
Jan 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
This was book was adorable and you fall in love with a hot Scot and I have to say that I would have done the same thing that Cassie did and enjoyed an affair while on vaca, shoot I was jealous. I laughed at how they said she read too many romance books, I personally do not think that that is possible. We get to enjoy the vacation thru their eyes and I always like to read about a group of friends that have fun together but are there for each other when needed. And the romance between Cassie and L ...more
Saly
Feb 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
This one was super hot & cute and has a great first half.

Review soon!

ARC provided by publisher through Netgalley.
Jacquie Hamilton
Jan 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Cassie Crow is a pop-culture reporter for a TV talk show in Chicago. She and her friends embark on the vacation of a lifetime where she meets a kilted Highlander with a killer accent on a tour of a Scottish castle. Logan Reid has built a career hosting a series of off-the-wall hijinks on the Web. His latest prank is to convince Cassie that he's a time traveling Scot. When she catches on she's furious. She's trying to convince her boss that she's a serious journalist and this won't help. He has t ...more
Diz Reads 4TLOReading
Jan 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
A great read from an author I’ve not read before, always great to find new authors, and it was beautifully unexpected, as this writers style suits my reading style perfectly !

The characters were engaging and you wanted to know more with each turn of the page, the main characters flitted perfectly and they lost none of their individual uniqueness and quirks when they became one !

The story flowed and I easily devoured this from front page to final

Diz

4 Stars
4TLOReading
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
  • Eyes on Me
  • Fix Her Up
  • Say You Still Love Me
  • Hold On (Play On, #2.5; Big Sky, #4.6)
  • Under the Northern Lights
  • The Slow Burn (Moonlight and Motor Oil, #2)
  • Twisted Love
  • Never Have I Ever
  • The Lady Rogue
  • Crave (Love the Way You Lie, #1)
  • Vendetta in Death (In Death #49)
  • Risky Play (Red Card, #1)
  • Cinderfella
  • The Two Week Arrangement
  • The Right Swipe (Modern Love, #1)
  • How to Hack a Heartbreak
  • Brazen and the Beast (The Bareknuckle Bastards, #2)
  • Moonlight & Whiskey
A Star Wars junkie and Shakespeare groupie who quotes both Yoda and the Bard with equal aplomb, award-winning author Melonie Johnson—aka #thewritinglush—is a two-time RWA Golden Heart® finalist who loves dark coffee, cheap wine, and expensive beer. And margaritas. And mimosas. And mules. Basically any cocktail that starts with the letter m. She met her future husband in that most romantic of place ...more

Sometimes in Love (3 books)
  • Smitten by the Brit (Sometimes in Love, #2)
  • Once Upon a Bad Boy (Sometimes in Love, #3)