Start by marking “Getting Hot with the Scot (Sometimes in Love, #1)” as Want to Read:
Getting Hot with the Scot (Sometimes in Love, #1)

Getting Hot with the Scot

(Sometimes in Love #1)

IT’S TIME TO FLIRT WITH A MAN IN A KILT

Cassie Crow, a pop-culture reporter for a TV talk show, is focused on becoming a “serious” journalist. But when she stumbles into a kilted Highlander with a killer accent, Cassie decides that taking one night off from work and spending it with a sexy Scot couldn’t hurt. . .

Logan Reid has built a career on his charm, hosting a series
Mass Market Paperback, 361 pages
Published April 30th 2019 by St. Martin's Press

To ask other readers questions about Getting Hot with the Scot, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Getting Hot with the Scot

Carol [Goodreads Addict]
Apr 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
Getting Hot with the Scot is book one in the Sometimes in Love series by Melonie Johnson. This is my very first book by Melonie. Put together one hot Scot, one American tourist, some alcohol and some hijinks, what have you got? A recipe for trouble.

getting hot with the scot melonie johnson

Cassie Crow works hard at her job as pop culture reporter for a television network in Chicago. She doesn’t have time for dating, for socializing. But now it’s time to let her hair down. She and her four girl friends have been planning this vacation f
DJ Sakata
Favorite Quotes:

Three Weeks ago, Cassie Crow left Chicago armed with a naked charm bracelet and a full box of condoms… No longer bare, her bracelet was loaded with tiny keepsakes she’d found in shops all over Europe. The condom box, however, was still full.

Bonnie was a library whore. The mere glimpse of an old book got her more worked up than a boy-band fangirl with a front-row seat and a backstage pass.

Contrary to her fantasy version of Scotland, hunky, shirtless guys in kilts weren’t sprinkled
Jenniekenn
Dec 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I've found a new author to follow too. Can I give this a 10 star review? WOW had me hooked from the beginning. Had everything (thinking about) time-traveling Scots (wink-wink), kilts, great friendships, some heartbreak, hot steamy connections and great locations! And...personally (because it's my favorite Disney movie) I loooovveeed the reference to The Little Mermaid with Bonnie and Theo.
BookAddict
Dec 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
When a reader takes a chance on a new author, she's never quite sure what to expect. This book was delightfully unexpected, and my risk paid off in spades. Flirty and frisky, clever and charming, and tender and touching, this hot Scot hero and his heroine have a palpable connection and surprising depth and vulnerability. But it’s author's ability to bring characters alive and humanize them that bonds me to the characters and fully invests me in the outcome of their story.

Not only does this auth
Madison Warner Fairbanks
Getting Hot With the Scot by Melonie Johnson

I have to admit that a foreign accent will catch my attention. And if he’s cute and in a kilt? Yeah, I’d probably be out of control flirting.
The heroine had a goal on her foreign vacation: a one-night stand with a sexy stranger.
The story was a cute premise and a sexy read.
For the younger, uncommitted single reader. NOT YA.

I don’t care for pranks or practical jokes which put me at odds with the hero from the start. He redeems himself by the end with hi
Heather andrews
Dec 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Cassie just loves to tease her man, “well, until you started to strip for me,” he admitted. “And now that I ken what kind of knickers you’re hiding under there”— he quirked an eyebrow at her, pointedly staring her up and down—“ supper is going to be torture for sure.” Logan loves to have a good time with his girl, "...She smiled and tossed him a towel, her gaze straying lower. “Ye’ve a wandering eye, lass,” he teased, smacking her on her towel-covered bottom..." I liked this book, I fell in love ...more
Berit☀️✨
May 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
witty. Steamy. Sweet.

This book made me want to drop everything, pack my bags, and head to Scotland, to find me a man in a kilt. Seriously Logan f*cking Reid would probably make any girl rethink the whole kilt thing. Although apparently Cassie and her friends had a thing for kilts. Melonie Johnson has written an engaging story packed with an abundance of humor, steam, and love. This book had everything I love in a romcom; a likable female protagonist, a strong female friend group, and of course
Sophie
AMAZING!
You really should buy this book!

Have I ever told you how I love historical Highland romances? No? Well, now you know. So, of course, I was interested when I read the blurb. A book that includes a kilted Scot in the modern times? I mean, sign me up or something.

The first chapter basically sucked me in. It was just so good. The ending of that chapter made me excited. It promised fun. And it delivered, big time!

I was laughing during reading and that happens rarely.

Cassie is like me a sucker
Dianne
Witty, fun and filled with humor and heart, GETTING HOT WITH THE SCOT by Melonie Johnson will leave readers smiling at the romantic antics of one American woman and the sexy man-in-a-kilt who will check off the final “to-do” item on her list!

Cassie Crow took a walk on the wild side when sexy Scot, Logan Reid melted her libido with his oh-so-hot accent. Will one night together be enough or will these two discover that even an ocean cannot keep them apart, in spite of their fear of the pitfalls of
✰ Bianca ✰ BJ's Book Blog ✰

description

Cassie is on a trip through Europe with her besties.

One of the last stops is Scotland. She still has that full box of condoms she was hoping to use by having an exciting one-night-stand-adventure with a european hottie. But it hasn't happened yet.

Enter Logan. A sexy kilted Scot who's eager to help her with that box of condoms.
They spend some amazing days together ... but he also wants to use her for his internet prank series. And Cassie can't have her face in a ridiculous video when she needs he
Chris  C - A Midlife Wife
Aww so sweet and Logan?? Total yum!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Just as the title suggests, the story is a cute romcom that takes a hold of you and will not let go. It starts with a wild and wacky scene and just keeps on going.

While on a trip of a lifetime with 4 other friends, Cassie finds herself wrapped up in a hunky, kilt wearing Scot who is so worth the intense ribbing she gets from her friends. After all, who could resist, especially when the hot Highlander returns the heat and ups the passion.

Th
Julia Phillips
Jan 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely loved how rich, well-developed, and sexy this book was. Cassie and Logan feel like whole people, with friends, families, career ambitions, and individual concerns, and Melonie Johnson shows us how their relationship really grows from first lust to real love. I read this book in one night – I couldn't put it down!
Stacey is Sassy
A bit Hot under his kilt…

If someone was to stand directly in front of me and say BOO, there’s a good chance I may break down in tears. I’m one of those overly sensitive little snowflakes who screams blue murder if someone tries to scare me. I think my boys did it to me once when they were younger…and my tears brought on their tears. The whole thing was a bloody mess and hubby had to calm us all down and give the boys a little talking to. *Don’t scare mummy or she’ll FREAK OUT!!!*

So, you can imag
Michelle Casper
Dec 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
International love, angst, and hot sex make this a real page turner. Melonie hit it out of the park with this one.
MELISSA *Mel Reader*
Dec 14, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arcs
4 Stars!
(ARC provided by St. Martin's Press)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Cassie Crow is a pop-culture reporter for a morning talk show in Chicago called ChiChat. She loves her job and friends. She made a pact with her girls that five years after graduation the five of them would take their dream vacation. Three weeks ago they left to travel all over Europe, and are now nearing the last leg of their once in a lifetime trip. Currently they are in Scotland touring an ancient castle when she stumbles upon a hot, brawny highlan
Cyndi
Mar 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
An adorable modern romance with wonderful characters. Our heroine and her friends are finally on the trip for which they had planned and saved since college. Each girl chose a country in Europe for them to visit together. They have reached the last country, the U. K. But our heroine still hasn't fulfilled her goal of having a torrid and short romance. Then she comes across a seemingly misplaced Highlander while visiting a castle in Scotland.
Quickly she recognizes him but not before she embarra
Kate Meader
Feb 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Unabashedly sexy and romantic, Melonie Johnson's debut is a fun, big-hearted read. You'll be wishing for your own Scot to kiss!
Wendy'sThoughts
Apr 26, 2019 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: Melonie Johnson Fans, Romance
3.5 Is It Real Stars
* * * 1/2 Spoiler Free
A man with a kilt is always a draw for me. Add all the goods that are under it with a man who is charming, sexy and eventually sees what is important... that is a terrific tale. This concept is explored in Getting Hot with the Scot by Melonie Johnson. Take a savvy reality tv producer who has no love life and pair with a Scot who has had a YouTube show on the brink of crossing over and becoming an actual network show.

What you have are people who never ha
Annarella
Dec 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This book was a lovely discovery: fun to read and really entertaining.
I loved the cast of characters, the plot and the setting.
I will surely look for other books by this writer.
Highly recommended!
Many thanks to St. Martin's Press and Netgalley for this ARC
Jewlsbookblog
What began as a one night stand, after one wallop of a misunderstanding, developed into something neither one saw coming! Cassie was a firecracker with a fun spirited manner. With a mischievous personality and a sense of adventure, Logan was adorable! (And if Prince Harry could have a Scottish accent...well, that’s who I kept picturing as Logan, lol!) Their relationship came about a bit backwards, including foot in mouth moments and spicy make-up scenes, but I really loved when Cassie and Logan ...more
Konny
Dec 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Getting Hot with the Scot by Melonie Johnson is book one in her new Sometimes in Love series.

Meet Cassie Crow, she and her best friends are on vacation, travelling through Europe and they just arrived in beautiful Scotland. She's a broadcast journslist and life is good. When she mmets a irresistible hunk of a ginger scot her fate is about to change again.

Logan Reid is a man of many talents. And one of it is being a prankmaster on his own show. When he mmets Cassie he doesn't know yet that he met
Cheryl
Dec 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Yes, this Scot was hot! .......And perfect for that vacation fling Cassie wanted, until he was more. This story was at times fun and flirty, hilarious, serious, and heartbreaking. Cassie’s best friends were fun characters. Their sometimes snarky, but always fond comments were very entertaining. Logan was more of a puzzle with Cassie only seeing small pieces of his real self. I enjoyed the book even though it felt a bit long at times. Definitely worth the read.
Suzanne
Mar 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book had me with the name "Getting Hot with the Scot" and then the description "IT’S TIME TO FLIRT WITH A MAN IN A KILT" What more could I ask for with my obsession with Scottish Highlanders (aka Jamie Fraser)? Logan even reminded me of Jamie with his untamed red hair and Scottish brogue.

I really enjoyed this sexy and funny story. The way Logan and Cassie met was priceless and again had me thinking of my Outlander book boyfriend. This story is in present time though and was so much fun but
Heather
Feb 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book had everything you could ask for in a romance - great characters that seem relatable, fun and original story line, a touch of humor and plenty of steam. If this first book is any indication, Melonie Johnson will stay on my must read author list! I don't often pick quotes out of books I read but I did in this one, in fact several quotes stood out. But the best ones include "smart women read romance" and to my disappointment "contrary to her fantasy version of Scotland, hunky, shirtless ...more
Becky
Jan 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Getting Hot with the Scot was a very well written romance, hea, sexy, funny book. This is a new author for me and I'm super stoked to add her to my who to watch for new books list! Brilliant characters and side characters. Plenty of emotions and excitement. Picture the Sex and the City girls going on a European vacation together! This book was a blast of sexy kilts , Scots and even a sexy Prince Eric look a like English Duke to round out the hottness! I hope we get Bonnie's story next!!!
Gifted
Deb Diem
Dec 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Getting Hot With The Scot is my first book by Melonie Johnson, it won't be my last. Ms. Johnson has given readers a well-written book and then treated us to an outstanding cast of characters. Cassie is going on a long-awaited trip with her friends. She's a little discouraged that the trip is almost over and she hasn't had her vacation fling. Logan meets Cassie when filming a prank at a Scottish castle. Logan and Cassie's story is loaded with drama, sizzle, humor and is a totally fun read. I enjo ...more
Samantha Bilodeau
4.5 Stars Rounded Up

This was so much fun! Logan was kind of amazing. I adored his mischievousness and humor, but also his sweetness, and the fact that he was willing to open himself up to being vulnerable. The accent, which I had no problem hearing in my head, didn't hurt either!

Cassie was well-rounded enough as well, and made for a nice contrast to Logan. I loved how she was able to call Logan out on things, and appreciated her own sense of humor, and her strength.

I will say that this felt more
Jamie
Dec 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Getting Hot with the Scot is one of the best romance books I've read this year. I loved this novel. Especially, because I love Scotland, and I'll be traveling there soon. I loved the situation. It was unique. The idea of Logan's prank show was hilarious and fresh. I also loved the dynamic of friends. They all had great relationships with each other, and they all were distinguishable and different. I'm looking forward to the next book!
Melanie
Apr 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
Getting Hot with the Scot was a wonderful start to a new contemporary romance series with an amazing group of characters and a fantastic romance.

Cassie Crow and her four closest friends are fulfilling their dream of touring five countries five years after graduating college. While she’s supposed to be disconnected from her job, Cassie can’t help but worry about the meeting waiting for her where she hopes to convince her boss to move her from pop culture reporting to more serious topics. After Ca
Deanne Patterson
Apr 30, 2019 rated it really liked it
On her bucket list, have a foreign fling. This straight-laced career woman is totally out of character when she agrees to go with her friends on a vacation to 5 different European countries. Hunky Highlander is her foreign fling and that's how she wants it and what he wants as well. As things progress the couple start to see each other on a regular basis . When she has to go back to work in the states how will this work out, especially since they parted on not the best of terms?
This is the debu

• Eyes on Me
  • Fix Her Up (Hot and Hammered #1)
  • Say You Still Love Me
  • Hold On (Play On, #2.5; Big Sky, #4.6)
  • Under the Northern Lights
  • The Slow Burn (Moonlight and Motor Oil, #2)
  • Twisted Love
  • Never Have I Ever
  • The Lady Rogue
  • Crave (Love the Way You Lie, #1)
  • Vendetta in Death (In Death, #49)
  • Risky Play (Red Card, #1)
  • Cinderfella
  • The Two Week Arrangement (Penthouse Affair, #1)
  • The Right Swipe (Modern Love, #1)
  • How to Hack a Heartbreak
  • Brazen and the Beast (The Bareknuckle Bastards, #2)
  • Moonlight & Whiskey
A Star Wars junkie and Shakespeare groupie who quotes both Yoda and the Bard with equal aplomb, award-winning author Melonie Johnson—aka #thewritinglush—is a two-time RWA Golden Heart® finalist who loves dark coffee, cheap wine, and expensive beer. And margaritas. And mimosas. And mules. Basically any cocktail that starts with the letter m. She met her future husband in that most romantic of place ...more

Sometimes in Love (3 books)
  • Smitten by the Brit (Sometimes in Love, #2)
  • Once Upon a Bad Boy (Sometimes in Love, #3)