Start by marking “Tell Me How You Really Feel” as Want to Read:
Tell Me How You Really Feel

Tell Me How You Really Feel

Sana Khan is a cheerleader and a straight A student. She's the classic (somewhat obnoxious) overachiever determined to win.

Rachel Recht is a wannabe director who's obsesssed with movies and ready to make her own masterpiece. As she's casting her senior film project, she knows she's found the perfect lead - Sana.

There's only one problem. Rachel hates Sana. Rachel was the fi
Published June 11th 2019 by Feiwel & Friends

Cece (ProblemsOfaBookNerd)
I am lying face down on the floor I’m so gay and overwhelmed
✨    jamieson   ✨
idk about you guys, but seeing a book cover that really explicitly shows two girls who are into eachother is giving me all kinds of feels. When I was a kid reading YA, I didn't even know showing f/f couples in books was a thing, and now we're putting them loud and proud on the cover and it's making me so happy.

this cover rules 20GayTeen is officially extended into 2019
Kai
Feb 05, 2019 marked it as to-read
Shelves: glbt
the sapphic energy of that cover alone makes me want to run in circles wearing nothing but a pride flag

Elise (TheBookishActress)
releases: 11 June 2019
it's been YEARS and YA just hasn't been catering to my interest in sapphic romantic comedies AND NOW HERE WE ARE LOOK HOW FAR WE'VE COME, MY DUDES
Lola
This is a decent enemies-to-lovers story. I say ‘‘decent’’ because so many so-called love/hate relationships are so… tame. There’s no real hate, just annoyance. There’s also no real reason to hate the other person, just mild disagreements. But what I liked about this book is that it shows how two people—in this case two teen girls—can misjudge one another completely, assuming they have nothing in common and no way to connect, only to find themselves being drawn to one another almost unconsciousl ...more
julianna ➹
what time is it?? [checks watch] sad boi hour

Listen up, my 2.3 followers. I am most definitely not over the moon-- I am under the moon because I had hoped that this could be one of my favorites of 2019. It is not.

(Thank you so much to Feiwel & Friends for providing me w/ an arc of this in exchange for review!! This is an honest review. <3)

>> blog review

Nonetheless, three stars is NOT a bad rating! I actually really enjoyed this book and was thoroughly engaged for the majority of i
Malanie
Jan 08, 2019 rated it liked it
ARC provided by the publisher in exchange for an honest review

*whispers softly* the cover is so beautiful

First and most of all, let’s look at the cover and appreciate it for what it is. I’ve talked so much about how het romances have covers which outright show a boy and girl softly gazing at one another. But gay love stories never have soft covers like that??????? Seeing this cover was so nice. In fact, it was more than nice because it was adorable and very clearly Sapphic and look at how fond T
destiny ♡⚔♡ [howling libraries]
DNF

I wanted SO BADLY to adore this, but these characters are... whew. I hated them both from their respective introductions and there's no reprieve in sight. They're both so arrogant and Rachel is legitimately a cruel-hearted bully from the first page we meet her on, and while I know a lot of readers will have fun watching the character development that I'm sure probably occurs later on in this story, I couldn't make it through well enough to find out firsthand. :(

Dahlia
Thank GOD this was as good as I wanted and needed it to be. This book is such a happy place and I'm so excited for fellow rom-com lovers to love it and ship Sana and Rachel as hard as I do.
Natasha
3.5/5

Kinda disappointed? I am really in the middle with this but I do think I enjoyed it.
Fadwa (Word Wonders)
Jun 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
actual rating: 4.5 stars

I JUST!!!!! LOVE THIS BOOK!!!! SO MUCH!!!! I CAN'T!!!!!
Emma
Jun 26, 2019 rated it liked it
3.5 Stars

First, let me just say that I appreciate this cover so much it's unreal. It's not every day that you see two girls lovingly staring at each other on a YA cover and it was about time that someone did something about it!

Now let's talk about the actual book. In my opinion the pacing was a little bit off in the first half of the book, especially in Rachel's parts and when they talked about the movie.
Seeing Sana struggle was very hard but also extremely realistic and well portrayed. Sana's
mo
Oct 04, 2018 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
this book cover single-handedly cleared my skin, blessed my crops, and granted me lasting inner peace.

seriously, though, look at it. it's so warm and cute and tbh, i want to marry this book cover.
Rida Imran (ON HIATUS)
How did i just see this?

A beautiful f/f cover and of the girls is brown? Count me in!
AJ
*Sigh* Apparently when you DNF one book, you start a streak.

I was legitimately so excited about this book. It's about two QPOC, one of them is Muslim, *and* it's my favourite trope: enemies to lovers. Unfortunately, it just...did not work for me.

Some of you may have seen me tweeting about the book that didn't use the word "gay," or "lesbian," or "queer" any variation of those words, and yeah, that's about this book! It felt like the author was really twisting herself into avoiding using these
mahana
full review now on my blog!

ARC kindly provided by Feiwel & Friends in exchange for an honest review. All thoughts and opinions are my own.

rep: a Mexican, Jewish main character, a Muslim, lesbian main character, f/f romance

this just made me really want to rewatch gilmore girls. review to come soon!

Jacob Proffitt
Jun 29, 2019 rated it did not like it
I'm dnfing this at about a third in. I just can't stand Rachel. She's mean and rude and assumes the worst in everybody. I can see why she has no friends. Frankly, I don't get what Sana sees in her or why she keeps giving Rachel breaks. It isn't like they've had any real interactions to overcome that really nasty personality problem.

Two other more minor irritants deserve mention. First, there's a pervasive misandry in the subtext of this story. Men have things easy and every woman succeeds in the
Amanda Quain
Jan 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Did you always wish that Gilmore Girls was more diverse, and also that Rory and Paris ended up together? Then WOWZER this is the book for you.
kav (xreadingsolacex)
Jun 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
actual rating: 4.5 stars

“She isn’t just a face. Isn’t just the most beautiful woman in the world. She’s got thoughts and feelings and ambitions and drive. She’s got her own hopes, her own fears. The storytellers take away a lot of agency, saying she ran off because a goddess cursed her with love. But she could have stayed. You always have a choice, no matter what you feel. She made the choice to leave it all behind. To do what was unsafe and unexpected. She decided to be selfish.”

Tell Me Ho
Lea (drumsofautumn)
Video Review

I fell in love with this book the minute I saw its cover and I'm happy to say that the content did not disappoint. TELL ME HOW YOU REALLY FEEL is a wonderful Contemporary with an incredibly well done enemies to friends to lovers romance and really strong, complex family dynamics!

Hate to love romances is one of my favourite tropes and whenever it is f/f, I am especially drawn to it. But for me these books often miss the mark on fully establishing the different levels of the rela
Kate ☀️ Olson
(free review copy) I'll break down my rating because there are STRONG things and less strong things, but overall, HALLELUJAH FOR A F/F ROMANTIC COVER and an engaging story.

Cover: ALL THE STARS. Honestly, I want every bookstore and library on earth to put this on prominent display. If everyone just bought it simply to display, I'd be happy. We need this book cover on posters - like movie posters. Everywhere. Two teen girls, obviously in romantic love. One of them obviously a woman of color. YES.

R
Ohhhh that cover is giving me chills! ♡ ♡ ♡
Silvia (roomforbooks)
4.5

Trope: enemies to lovers
Rep: Jewish Mexican-American lesbian MC, Muslim Persian/Indian-American lesbian MC

The first thing I want you to know about this book is that it’s one of the best books I’ve read in 2019 so far and it restored my faith in YA novels. Just read the dedication.

I can’t believe I’ve finally read a Great enemies-to-lovers. The pacing, oh my God, THE PACING, my favorite thing in this book. It was so balanced I wanna cry, (excuse me if I’m overexcited but I don’t find perfect
CaseyTheCanadianLesbrarian
Parts of this YA I loved, and others I feel iffy about. Two seniors at a fancy prep school, one a future doctor with rich grandparents and a "have-to-be-perfect-daughter" complex and the other a scholarship recepient and filmmaker with a huge chip on her shoulder.

Loved: enemies-to-lovers, sometimes unlikable girls, and ethnic/religious diversity (one is a Muslim girl with South Asian and Persian background, the other a Jewish Mexican American). I also thought the writing at times, where the auth
Lulu (the library leopard)
now THIS is the spiritual successor to everything leads to you that i've been looking for
TheEuphoricZat
Jun 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
Now this book is the epitome of a sweet hate to love trope. This book is a package of all the things I love in a book.
Good and easy to read writing
Balanced story progression
Amazing and deep characters
Single mother
LGBTQ+ representation
POC representation
Cultural representation
Absence of unnecessary side characters

Simple it's about two girls Sana and Rachel, one is Indian American, the other I think is Mexican
At the start of the school year Sana asked Racheal on a date but she refused because s
Melanie (TBR and Beyond)
I’ve sadly decided to DNF this. I can’t stand Rachel, maybe she gets better but I’m just not enjoying this story at all. Had very high hopes for this one but it’s not me. I still completely love the cover and hope we see more like this in the future.
Heinerway
This is a very interesting young adult romance, with the two main characters being from ethnic minority backgrounds. Surprisingly both girls are way more mature than me, and I'm more than a couple of decades older than they are...
Ashley
Jun 04, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
this is very cute Teen Movie™ but in the best way possible.

I love books about people making art, and i've never read (that I can remember) a book about a film maker, but it was soo goooooood. I loved watching them make this movie together and even though I don't know anything about The Odyssey, this someone makes me want to read it??? lmao

I'm so happy this book's conflict has nothing to do with the characters being queer. More happy queers books PLS!! Don't get me wrong, there are a ton of thing

• Kings, Queens, and In-Betweens
  • Last Night at the Telegraph Club
  • The Meaning of Birds
  • The Revolution of Birdie Randolph
  • You Asked for Perfect
  • Her Royal Highness (Royals, #2)
  • The Best Lies
  • Laura Dean Keeps Breaking Up with Me
  • Something Like Gravity
  • The Love & Lies of Rukhsana Ali
Aminah Mae Safi is a writer who explores art, fiction, feminism, and film. She loves Sofia Coppola movies, Bollywood endings, and has seen all of the Fast and Furious franchise. She lives in Los Angeles, CA with her partner and a cat bent on world domination (and another cat that is just here for the snacks). Her 2016 We Need Diverse Books winning story will appear in their forthcoming anthology F ...more