Start by marking “Once Upon a Bad Boy (Sometimes in Love, #3)” as Want to Read:
Once Upon a Bad Boy (Sometimes in Love, #3)

Once Upon a Bad Boy

(Sometimes in Love #3)

NEVER SAY NEVER
Sadie Gold is ready to take her career to the next level with the role of a lifetime. Finally, she can shake her reputation as a pretty face with more wealth and connections than talent. But Sadie is not prepared for the wild turn her own life is about to take. The man in charge of training Sadie for her most demanding role yet is none other than her first r
Mass Market Paperback, 384 pages
Expected publication: June 25th 2019 by St. Martin's Press

To ask other readers questions about Once Upon a Bad Boy, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Once Upon a Bad Boy

Jewlsbookblog
Sadie finally has the chance to prove she’s made it when she lands biggest role of her movie career. Until she discovers her childhood sweetheart is the stunt coordinator. Things didn’t end well between these two star-crossed lovers the first time and Sadie has worked hard to bury her feelings when it comes to Bo. But this unexpected second chance has Sadie wondering if fate is working her magic...and is the risk one Sadie’s willing to take?

Sadie was a tiny spitfire full of sass, loyalty, and a
✰ Bianca ✰ BJ's Book Blog ✰
description

description

We all remember Sadie from the first two books. She's the actress! And she finally landed her dream role. She has to train really hard to get into fighting shape - only one donut a week is allowed! ☺

Then comes the first day on set - the first meeting of all actors and movie folk. And who is the stunt person on set?? Her first love Bo! The guy she loved with all her heart. The guy she hasn't seen for ten years. Their worlds never fit - she was the rich princess and he the boy from the wrong side
Chris  C - A Midlife Wife
Pretty good. Seemed long. Parts I didn’t love... 3.5 Stars
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I have to admit, I had a bit of a love/irritation moments with this book. I loved a lot of it. But there were some factors that I did not care for too.

Bo - Definitely a great character. Hot, sexy, and so in love with Sadie. But he had problems as a teen and reasons for letting her go.

Sadie - I actually enjoyed Sadie's character quite a bit. She is a great match for him and cares for him deeply. However, the
Dianne
Apr 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
My Rating: 3.5 Stars

Everyone loves a second chance romance, right? The lovers have grown up, gotten wiser, or perhaps in the case of Sadie and Bo, they just learned to hide their past truths. Sadie was a pampered little rich girl who grew up into an up and coming star, trying to make it on her own merit and Bo, the son of her family’s equine manager, now a movie stunt trainer, fell in love as children, went too far, gave too much and were not mature or secure enough to hang on to each other.

A de
J K
Apr 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Another addition to this series!!!! Sadie and Bo were together when they were teens. Sadie was rich and Bo was poor. Bo breaks up with her after prom and they don't speak to each other until she finds out he is in charge of the stunts on her new film. Melonie delivers a very hot story with great chemistry between the Bo and Sadie. His sister is a witch!!!! It broke my heart when Sadie had to reveal the secret to Bo before it was outed by the gossip mags. She had to make some tough decisions on h ...more
Siddhi Nigam
Apr 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is my first book by author Melonie Johnson but it would definitely won't be my last.

This beautiful second chance romance had all the feels. From the well thought out characters with a gripping storyline. It was a book that was hard to put down.

I really love Sadie's girl gang and want to read all their stories. And Bo and Clark are the cutest. The storyline with excellent development of side characters makes this a highly re-readable book.

Can't wait to read the other stories by her as well.
Michelle
Apr 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Sadie has finally gotten the part in a movie that she has worked so hard to get to prove to everyone that she is more than just a spoiled rich girl. When she goes to her first meeting for the movie, she is taken by surprise that the man who will be the stunt coordinator is none other than Bo, her first love. Will they be able to work together as just coworkers, or will the sparks fly again, leading them to a second chance?

Great character development with some crossover from the two previous boo
Klynn
Apr 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
First off whenever I'm selected to review a Melonie Johnson book I feel like I've won the lottery :)
That being said Once Upon a Bad Boy is a second chance romance (rich girl, poor boy) with great characters, witty dialogue and just the right amount of angst. I'm eagerly awaiting Ms. Johnson's next book.
Deb Diem
Apr 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Once Upon A Bad Boy is a fantastic contemporary romance by Melonie Johnson. Ms. Johnson has once again impressed me with her storytelling abilities with this well-written book. The characters are outstanding and I love the humor.
Sadie is an actress and donut aficionado. Bo is her ex and now the stunt coordinator on her new movie. Their story is packed with drama, humor, sizzle and fun and snappy dialog.
There's nothing I didn't like about this book. I loved every page and look forward to my nex
Patsy Sauls
Apr 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Once Upon a Bad Boy by Melonie Johnson is the third in the Sometimes in Love series. The series centers around a group of girls that become best friends in college. This book focuses on Sadie. She is an actress who comes from a wealthy background but is trying to prove she can make It on her own. She just got her big break – a breakout role in a major motion picture. Then her old childhood sweetheart Bo shows up as the stunt coordinator on the film. They were torn apart by circumstances neither ...more
Nicki
Apr 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A second chance? Or just an explanation would be nice. Sadie is one of the gal pals from the first 2 books in the series. Sadie isn't after a foreign guy. She wants her old high school love. What are the chances they meet when she finally gets a big break in her acting career. Maybe now she will find out why he dumped her on prom night. A steamy reunion or a revisit of the past? I am really liking this series. The author is excellent at keeping me interested and turning pages. Can't wait to read ...more
Kristal
Apr 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Another fantastic addition to the series by Melonie Johnson! The book is so very well written. Once Upon a Bad Boy is a story of growth, choices, and forgiveness. Melonie has quickly become an author that will be a must read for me. The story is so very well written with bits of humor woven in. I love a book that makes me smile, and this one did just that.
Thanks NetGalley!
Billie
Apr 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The third book in the series, and just as good as its predecessors. This book follows Sadie, the actress with a new action movie she’s starring in. The first day of filming she is surprised to find her stunt coordinator is Bo, her first love...only love actually. Bo and Sadie’s relationship is physically rekindled easily, but to make things work between them they both need to confess all the truths about what happened 11 years before. It’s a story of second chances, forgiveness, understanding, a ...more
Whispers From
Apr 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Sadie is an actress and has her first big role coming up. She has been training for months and is ready. Until she finds out who their stunt coordinator is, Bo, her first boyfriend and lover. Bo is part owner of the stunt company and is waiting for his boss to retire and turn the business over to him. This is a big opportunity for him too. Bo broke Sadie’s heart when he upped and broke up with her but neither stopped loving each other. When secrets are revealed will Bo forgive the past and have ...more
Jacquie Hamilton
Apr 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Another great story in the Sometimes in Love series. I loved Sadie and Bo's book. She's a actor who returned to Chicago for her big break in a movie. He's the stunt coordinator on set. They were childhood sweethearts in another life until he broke her heart. She's trying to prove that she's a serious actor and he's trying to prove that he's ready to take over the stunt company from his partner. Sparks fly again but can they survive the rumors and secrets from the past?
Rachel
Apr 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: netgalley
Once Upon a Bad Boy is the third book in Melonie Johnson's Sometimes in Love series. Sadie Gold, who is close friends with Cassie (Getting Hot with the Scot) and Bonnie (Smitten by the Brit) is a form soap star looking to prove her acting chops in an upcoming action film. Bo Ibarra is the stunt coordinator for Sadie's new film - he is also her childhood sweetheart. This story is a great second chance romance that shows us how two people can grow up, learn to forgive, and come together stronger t ...more
Melanie Cesa
May 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
Sadie and Bo have history. They are each other’s first loves and haven’t seen each other in 11 years. When thrown together on a movie set, their past collides with their present. The journey is heartfelt and filled with mistrust yet hope. There were parts I wanted to feel more between Sadie and Bo; but the characters and the story are very enjoyable. There were beautiful moments of truth and trust. This second chance romance will warm your heart.
Nancy
May 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Emotional, heart wringer love story that gives you all of the feels. I cried, I laughed, I cried some more, then I got mad and then my heart broke for this exceptional couple and I wondered how they had survived. Sometimes you have to go thru all of that to get to the good. 💓💔💓💞💞
Jazmine
Apr 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: net-galley
I’m newly obsessed with Melonie Johnson!! Once Upon a Bad Boy was such a cute read, I’m totally smitten with Bo & Sadie. As usual, Melonie’s secondary characters are just as strong as her main. I love the friendships in her books they keep me cracking up.

Thank you sosososo much to the publisher for selecting me to read the ARC of this!! I’ve got to get my hands on physical copies of the whole series for my shelf...my shelf...see what I did there? I’ll see my way out. 🤪
Melinda Blache
Apr 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book. I was hooked from the first page until the last. The story is about second chance romance. The two main characters, Bo and Sadie are fabulous characters with great dialogue, drama, and sexy scenes. This book is part of a series but can be read as a stand alone. I would recommend this read to anyone who loves a good romance. I received an advance copy for my honest review from NetGalley.
Barbara Lack
Apr 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is a second chance romance. Bo and Sadie were high school sweethearts. She was rich and he was poor. There’s a little angst and some witty banter. It’s a fast read that I really enjoyed. I received an advance review copy from NetGalley for an honest review.
Christine Galletly
Review will be live on donnasbookblog on publication day - 25th June 2019

I really liked this story, it was fast moving and it kept at an excellent pace right to the very end! The detail was just right for me and I thought that the characters were strong and gave you the urge to root for them to come out the other side together. Five stars from me for this one, very enjoyable and very highly recommended!!
Kimberly
Apr 13, 2019 rated it it was ok
I like a second chance romance and this one was sweet and steamy. The story line itself is a good one, childhood sweethearts meeting again by chance and rekindling their love was awesome. I really enjoyed the chemistry between Bo and Sadie and the supporting characters were great. But, I had problems with some of the details, for instance the main character Bo has an Irish father and a Hispanic mother but his last name is Ibarra? There was a lot that didn't work for me in this book. I wanted to ...more
☆Tweety ☆
Between 4 and 4.5 stars

"Once upon a bad boy" is my second book by Melonie Johnson. The protagonist of the story is Sadie, that we saw in the previous book as one of Bonnie's best friends. Sadie is an actress. I won't say an "aspiring" actress because we know that she's already got a few roles but not that role that changes her life as an actor. Now we find that she's finally been casted as the main protagonist of a big movie, which is for Sadie the chance to become big in the environment, but al
Ashley
Apr 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book is a standalone. The story is about Sadie and Bo getting a second chance at love. I really enjoyed the book and it kept me wanting to find out more. It was interesting to see how long Sadie and Bo could resist each other. I loved seeing a different side to Sadie than just the typical rich girl act. The story takes you through Sadie and Bo reconnecting and the drama that follows them. But the ending is so sweet it will make your heart melt. You also get updates on what the other girls a ...more
Cindy Reifel
Apr 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Bo and Sadie were childhood sweethearts until graduation. when Bo dumped her for no reason.
Years have now passed and, Sadie is a well known actress who is starting to film her first major movie when she finds out that Bo is the Stunt Coordinator for the movie. Neither realized that they would be working together until the first day of readings. Both have a great amount of difficulty dealing with each other.
Sadie was brought up very well to do, whereas, Bo was the son of the man and woman who liv
Anadosen
Apr 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Sadie Gold is ready to take her career to the next level with the role of a lifetime. Finally, she can shake her reputation as a pretty face with more wealth and connections than talent. But Sadie is not prepared for the wild turn her own life is about to take. Bo Ibarra is as good-looking and irresistible as ever. Sadie’s pampered and privileged upbringing and Bo’s childhood in a family struggling to make ends meet is in the past. When I started reading I couldn't put it down.Melonie Johnson is ...more
Linda Dossett
Apr 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Another excellent read. This story involves star crossed lovers who eventually find themselves thrown together by fate and circumstance. An immensely enjoyable ride, with romance, steam, tribulations, angst and true friendship rolled into a top shelf read. I look forward to more in this series and from this author. Don’t miss this one.
Tiffany
Apr 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
I loved this book! Was this a deep book that will keep you thinking about it long after you've finished? No, but it will keep your attention and have you invested in the characters. You will root for Bo and Sadie's relationship and hope they find a way to make it work. Are there sexy bits? You bet, and they're pretty great. The book has just the right amount of sex scenes mingled with the romance of their relationship. Overall I thought this was a fun, quick read that will keep your attention. I ...more
Nicole Coxon
Apr 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
***I received this book from Netgalley for honest review***

Once Upon a Bad Boy is the third book in Melonie Johnson's Sometimes in Love series. The series is about a group of friends that are finding love, one book at a time. The first book follows around Cassie and Logan. The second book follows around Bonnie and Theo and this book is all about Sadie and Bo.

Sadie is an up and coming actress that is trying to shed her little rich girl persona and prove herself as a serious actress. Sadie lands
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
A Star Wars junkie and Shakespeare groupie who quotes both Yoda and the Bard with equal aplomb, award-winning author Melonie Johnson—aka #thewritinglush—is a two-time RWA Golden Heart® finalist who loves dark coffee, cheap wine, and expensive beer. And margaritas. And mimosas. And mules. Basically any cocktail that starts with the letter m. She met her future husband in that most romantic of place ...more

Sometimes in Love (3 books)
  • Getting Hot with the Scot (Sometimes in Love, #1)
  • Smitten by the Brit (Sometimes in Love, #2)