Start by marking “Wherever She Goes” as Want to Read:
Wherever She Goes

Wherever She Goes

From New York Times bestselling author Kelley Armstrong comes a brand new psychological thriller about the lengths one woman will go to in order to save a child.

“Few crimes are reported as quickly as a snatched kid.”

That’s what the officer tells single mother Aubrey Finch after she reports a kidnapping. So why hasn’t anyone reported the little boy missing? Aubrey knows wh
Published June 25th 2019 by Minotaur Books

To ask other readers questions about Wherever She Goes, please sign up.
Lisa If it is, I won't be reading any others. I disliked Aubrey from start to finish. Unbalanced, unfit mother who forgets plans she made with her own chil…moreIf it is, I won't be reading any others. I disliked Aubrey from start to finish. Unbalanced, unfit mother who forgets plans she made with her own child, bad at her job, stubborn to her own detriment. I could go on...(less)

Start your review of Wherever She Goes
Emily May
Apr 22, 2019 rated it liked it
If there is any chance that a boy is out there, in trouble, and no one is searching for him, then I must be that one person. The person who cares. The person who gets involved.
Whatever the cost.

2 1/2 stars. I've been reading Kelley Armstrong's books for almost ten years now (!!) and at her best she is such a good comfort-read author. Cosy thrillers, fun paranormal romance, strong heroines... but unfortunately this one was just average for me. I think it's because I feel like I've read a few
Deanna
Jun 21, 2019 rated it really liked it

My reviews can also be seen at: https://deesradreadsandreviews.wordpr...

4.5 Stars!!!

What a great read!

Aubrey Finch has made mistakes. The pain in her shoulder is a reminder of a big one.

Aubrey is separated from her husband, Paul who has primary custody of their daughter, Charlotte. Aubrey didn't want to uproot her daughter until she found an acceptable place for them to live. It was supposed to be temporary. That was six months ago. Aubrey and Paul are civil with each other. They both seem to wa
Diane S ☔
Jul 03, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: lor-2019
I love this authors Casey Duncan series, such a unusual setting and place. This one is a standalone, or maybe part of a new series. While this was suspenseful in parts, my feelings were mixed.

What I liked

The premise, Aubrey sees a young boy being kidnapped and becomes involved.
Her estranged husband, hard not too since he was a very nice man.
The easy style of writing and smooth pace.

What I had a little trouble with.

Aubrey's constant moaning about her past. Got a little old after a while and her r
Chelsea Humphrey
I adore Kelley Armstrong, and while I didn't love Wherever She Goes as much as her urban fantasy novels, it was still a worthy read, and one I did enjoy. The author has taken a story that's been done before and put her own spin on it, which will work for many folks, especially those looking for a surface level, fast paced psychological thriller. Although I can't quite put my finger on why, I didn't find the characters in this story as compelling as others she has created. Perhaps they were too g ...more
Maureen Carden
It’s a heartbreaking set-up for Aubrey Finch. She is separated from her husband, Paul, and their daughter Charlotte who is living with him. Aubrey is the one who left her beautiful child and home behind for a dumpy apartment but generous visitation rights with Charlotte. With only a high school diploma, Aubrey considers herself fortunate to have landed a job in a library. Aubrey blames herself for the disintegration of her marriage and refuses all monetary offers from Jack.
Psychological mysterie
4.5/5 stars

I love everything that Kelley Armstrong writes. This is a psychological thriller that kept me on the edge of my seat throughout the entire book!

Kelley Armstrong is one of my favorite authors and is my most read author. I absolutely adore everything that she writes. I was beyond thrilled to be able to read her newest book.

The narrator is 30 year old Aubrey/Bree. This story takes place in Chicago and the suburbs of Chicago.

This book had a chilling beginning. And I was hooked right from
Carrie
Jun 26, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: netgalley
Wherever She Goes by Kelley Armstrong is one of those crazy thrillers that keeps you guessing whether there’s even anything to solve. What you have is an unreliable narrator hiding her own secrets while insisting a crime has happened.

Aubrey Finch has just left her marriage behind her after years of hiding her past from her husband. Aubrey and her husband still share custody of their daughter though while they work out the divorce with Aubrey getting to spend weekends with her daughter.

One day wh
Brenda
Jul 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I’ve not read many of Kelley Armstrong’s books, but I do enjoy her writing. This one pulled me right in. I was beginning to suspect Aubrey was going mental. Then I kept thinking back to the people in the pizza joint. They’re what kept me grounded. So, I really enjoyed this one. I should catch up on her other books besides the Rockton series.
Mlpmom (Book Reviewer)
Mar 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
Armstrong always delivers with an action packed, suspense filled mystery that kept me turning the pages and eager for more.

Wherever She Goes was all these things and best of all, kept me guessing numerous times and had me swaying back and forth with exactly what was going on and what in Aubrey's past was catching up to her.

A story where everyone is suspect and you never know who to believe or what is going to happen next this was fun filled with a very believable story line, both with the myst
Carole (Carole's Random Life in Books)
This review can also be found at Carole's Random Life in Books.

I had such a good time with this book! I am a little mad at myself for not picking it up sooner but I guess I am glad that I was able to enjoy it now. I was hooked by this story right away and had such a hard time setting the book aside. I just had to find out how everything would work out. I found this book to be a really strong story all the way around.

Aubrey is the mother of a little girl who she loves more than anything. She is s
Mogsy (MMOGC)
5 of 5 stars at The BiblioSanctum https://bibliosanctum.com/2019/06/27/...

I just finished Wherever She Goes by Kelley Armstrong and it was so intense that sitting down to write this review now, my heart is still pounding a mile a minute in my chest. I’m a huge fan of the author’s thrillers, in particular her Rockton series, and it was a delight to find that this was in the same league in terms of excitement and drive, though of course it was also different enough to offer a new and refreshing ch
Lata
3.5 stars. A tense story about a woman who reports a young boy’s kidnapping, only to have the police not believe her. She begins investigating on her own, all the while trying to raise her daughter, deal with her husband, with whom she’s separated, and keep her own less than legal past hidden from everyone.
The pace is fast, and while I enjoyed the story (I listened to the whole thing in one day), and I liked how competent the main character was at ferreting out information, but I also felt there
Terri Wino
I received an ARC of this book from the publisher in exchange for an honest review. This was a solid 3-1/2 stars for me, but not one that I'd round up to 4.

Let me start by saying that Kelley Armstrong is one of my favorite authors and I absolutely love the majority of her books. Unfortunately, I wasn't quite as enamored with this one. I thought it was good and it absolutely held my attention to the point that I read it in two sittings, so I definitely think it's a worthwhile read.

As the descript
Kathy Martin
May 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
WHEREVER SHE GOES was a fast-paced, tension-filled, twisty thriller. Aubrey Finch didn't think much about talking to a young mother and son when she is playing in the park with her daughter. But when she sees the boy again a few days later and sees him being dragged into a car, she knows she has to do something. The only problem is that no one has reported a child abduction and the police don't believe that Aubrey saw what she saw.

It is time for Aubrey to dust off her computer hacking skills and
Katie
I think it's really great that Kelley Armstrong is able to try out different genres, but also most of her non-urban fantasy ones just . . . don't really work for me. Mostly, this was boring. There was too much of Aubrey's past concealed in the beginning and there were times near the beginning when (view spoiler).

Anyway, Armstrong is an interesting case for me because I always consider her an autobuy author, but really I just mean for h
Shelley
Jul 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
*Source* Library
*Genre* Thrillers, Suspense
*Rating* 3.5-4

*Thoughts*

Kelley Armstrong's Wherever She Goes asks the question, how far would you go to save a child? 6 months after separating from her husband Paul and voluntarily giving up primary responsibility for her daughter Charlotte, Aubrey Finch witnesses a boy being taken in an SUV. As a mother of a young daughter with lots of regrets, Aubrey's instinct's kick into high gear. She calls the police who claim that there is no reports of a young
Heather
Mar 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Kelley Armstrong is a marvel, that writes one hell of a good thriller! I know when I pick up one of her books that I will be hooked from the first page. I especially enjoy the gumption of the women that feature in all of her books!
PinkAmy loves books, cats and naps
***Thanks to NetGalley for providing me a complimentary copy of WHEREVER SHE GOES by Kelley Armstrong in exchange for my honest review.***

Separated from her husband Paul, Aubrey only sees her daughter on weekends. When she sees a small boy abducted from the park, the police think she’s making up the story for attention. Aubrey is a hot mess, hiding in plain sight from the law, even Paul doesn’t know about her past. She flounders at her job in the library, the source of gossip from coworkers. She
Taryn
Jun 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
Aubrey Finch meets a young boy and his mother in the park while she is there with her own daughter. Several days later while she is doing her daily run she sees the boy again but this time his mother is no where around. Aubrey follows the boy and he leads her to the parking lot where a car stops and snatches the boy inside. She can't believe what she has just seen, she immediately tries to take a picture of the plates but they are covered with mud. Aubrey calls the police and when they arrive th ...more
Cyndi
Nov 17, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: edelweiss, netgalley
Estranged wife and mother Aubrey Finch witnesses the kidnapping of a young boy but when she tells the police, they inform her that no child has been reported missing and do not take her seriously. Aubrey takes matters into her own hands and becomes an amateur detective, investigating the crime and the people who she learns are involved. She runs into more than she bargained for when her sleuthing puts her own life and that of her loved ones in peril.

I found this plot to be reminiscent of Heidi P
Rukky
Mini review:

The mystery was really meh. I enjoyed Bree’s family drama more than the mystery, and that was honestly the only reason why I finished the book. The ending was so underwhelming, and I think the author was trying too hard. It felt flat, and I wanted to roll my eyes a lot. In the end, I gave it two stars because the family drama was interesting.

One sentence summary: An interesting family drama with a meh mystery.

Overall, 2 stars.

★★☆☆☆

Blog | Goodreads | Reedsy
Darcy
May 09, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book really didn't go where I thought it would after the start of it. I was on the fence with Aubrey and her choices to leave her family, but as things went on and we learned about her past her choice made sense and she was doing what she thought was right. Aubrey was great with Charlie, right there playing with her, being in the moment.

When Aubrey witnessed the kidnapping things really changed for her. She knew what she saw, but the sad thing is no one believed her. Aubrey ended up going d
Jennie
Jul 22, 2019 rated it really liked it
Aubrey has a hidden past from her near perfect husband. She feels she isn't good enough to be his wife and moves out. He keeps little Charlotte and they share custody. Aubrey briefly meets a young mother and her son at the park one day and she witnesses the little boy a few days later get snatched. No one will believe Aubrey since no child has been reported missing, but Aubrey will not give up. I thought this book went off in different directions towards the end, but I still enjoyed reading it.
Maranda
Apr 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Another Awesome Armstrong! Question! Who is Aubrey Finch? Yes she is a soon to be ex-wife, a mother, part time librarian, and a women with a maze of secrets in her past. All this being said; She comes across as a peculiar personality enlisting scowls and reluctance to believe her from others. Nevertheless; She has skills to take matters into her own hands when Police refuse to believe she has witnessed a young boy's kidnapping. Lots to keep the pages turning and the reader ready to slip off thei ...more
Rebecca
Jun 20, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2019, netgalley
Thanks to the publisher, via Netgalley, for an advance e-galley for honest review.

3 stars? 3.5 stars? I feel as though I'm being somewhat ungenerous in ratings lately.

As a big fan of Kelley Armstrong's Rockton series, I was interested in what she was going to do with this standalone thriller. I found Wherever She Goes to be a decently paced story with an intriguing main character who is still holding herself accountable for the initially unclear transgressions of her past. The last 20% or so of
Sonica
Jun 25, 2019 rated it really liked it
Thank you, Minotaur Books and Penguin Random House Canada for copies of Wherever She Goes, in exchange for my honest review. This title released June 25, 2019.

I really enjoyed Armstrong’s Cainsville books and read Watcher in the Woods earlier this year from her Rockton series, and have been a huge fan of her writing for some time. You can imagine my excitement when the release of this book was announced – SIGN ME UP!

This was fast-paced story with an interesting twist on domestic suspense surroun
Cardyn Brooks
Reading the first few pages of Wherever She Goes made me ask myself, Is Kelley Armstrong now writing women's fiction?

Yes and no.

Aubrey Finch is a woman whose life is in transition, which is a familiar setup in women's fiction. Then the story takes a turn that transforms it into a mystery being solved by a reluctant amateur sleuth. (Oh me of little faith)

Wherever She Goes isn't among K.A.'s best, but it is a worthwhile read that entertains readers who enjoy lighthearted fare about serious subj
Steph Eddington
Apr 16, 2019 rated it liked it
I received an ARC from the publisher for an honest review.
I give this novel 3.5 stars. I have enjoyed prior Kelley Armstrong novels. However, even though the story kept my interest, it seemed loosely put together. Some parts were plausible while others were not so much. I feel the author wasn't in love with her story. It was a good idea that kind of fizzled out near the end. Of course, this is all just opinion on my part.
Maggie61
Sep 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
Aubrey is a recently separated mom who meets another woman with her son in the park when she is with her daughter Charlotte. Two days later, she sees that boy without his mom and he has yanked against his will into a vehicle and disappears.
But no one believes her. And no child is reported missing. When a woman’s body is found shortly after, Aubrey is the only one convinced that the woman murdered is the mother of the boy that she met in the park. But the murdered woman has no children.
How far
Linda
May 31, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

Wherever She Goes is an engaging thriller from one of my favorite urban fantasy writers. Bree is a soon-to-be divorced young mother who witnesses a kidnapping in a local park. Only no one believes her as there has been no report of a missing child. When circumstances prove to Bree that not only was she right but that the child likely is in danger, she falls back on her skills from her former life which she has kept secret from her husband to find the boy herself.

As with her other storie
Goodreads Librari...: Please correct page count 3 16 Jun 30, 2019 07:04AM

• A Deadly Turn
  • Woman on the Edge
  • Someone We Know
  • Thin Ice (Alaska Wild Mysteries #1)
  • The Nanny
  • Layover
  • Never Look Back
  • Hideaway
  • Your Life Is Mine
  • Shamed (Kate Burkholder, #11)
  • The Me I Used to Be