Start by marking “Please Send Help (I Hate Everyone But You, #2)” as Want to Read:
Please Send Help (I Hate Everyone But You, #2)

Please Send Help

(I Hate Everyone But You #2)

In this hilarious follow-up novel to the New York Times bestseller I Hate Everyone But You, long distance best friends Ava and Gen have finally made it to the same time zone (although they’re still over a thousand miles apart).

Through their hilarious, sometimes emotional, but always relatable conversations, Ava and Gen are each other’s support systems through internships,
Published July 16th 2019 by Wednesday Books

To ask other readers questions about Please Send Help, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Please Send Help

Tijana
Mar 11, 2019 rated it liked it
ARC provided via NetGalley, but I swear these thoughts are Mine, whole Mine and nothing but Mine.

I would officially like to apologise to Gen.
I was a little bit harsh on her after the first book.
But, yes, she's grown and I actually found her character interesting and funny.
Problematic, but funny.

Storywise, I wasn't as impressed as I was with the first book.
Maybe I just didn't expect for it to jump from girls' freshmen year at college to their after-graduation life.
I signed up for a fun contemp
Melanie
Mar 29, 2019 rated it did not like it
This book was not for me. I found the story boring and it had explicit content that I didn't like. DNF
Claudia
Mar 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
Thank you to NetGalley and the publisher for providing an e-copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.

This was just the book I needed after a string of books that didn't hold my interest.

I read the first book, 'I Hate Everyone But You', I enjoyed this one more. It was a quick read both because of the format (emails and text conversations) and because I liked reading about Ava and Gen.I liked reading what each of them was up to post-college.

The book tackles some heavy topics in a some
Tiffany Chiang
Apr 12, 2019 marked it as to-read
I didn't realize this book was a sequel before requesting it, but after reading other reviews, I learned that I didn't need to read the original I decided to give this story a try anyway. However, I quickly learned that I am not the intended target audience, and overall, the story just wasn't working for me.

A majority of the book is told in the format of texts and emails exchanges to chronicle a slice of life between two best friends just out in their first post-college jobs which I personally
Karen
Jun 05, 2019 rated it did not like it
An ARC was provided to me for free by the publisher via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.
Dana
Jan 21, 2019 rated it liked it
Thank you to St. Martin's Press and Netgalley for a free copy of this ebook in exchange for an honest review.

2.5 stars rounded up to three.

Apparently, this book is a sequel. However, I did not know that. I do not think it hinders the reading of this book because of the starting place.

What I liked: I love books about friendships. I love when there are relationships with others, but it does not override the friendship factor of the book.

What I did not like: The pettiness of the girls. For girls w
Selene
Mar 19, 2019 rated it liked it
3.5 Stars

I was given a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.

Thank you NetGalley and St. Martin’s Press for the advanced reading copy of Please Send Help by Gaby Dunn and Allison Raskin. I can't wait to start this book. Gaby Dunn and Allison Raskin are YouTube personalities.

This book is a sequel to ”I Hate Everyone But You.” It is about two best friends Ava and Gen. They have known each other since high school. This novel takes place in their adulthood while living across the coun
Gina
Jun 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
Note: I was provided with a digital ARC of this book thanks to NetGalley, all opinions are my own.

I adored this!!

I read the first book, I Hate Everyone But You, last year and really liked it. The format of these books is extremely fast paced since they are told through text and emails and that's part of why I adore them so much.

This book is my favorite of the two. I don't completely remember everything from the first but I remember being annoyed with how some scenes played out and some of
Brenda
Jun 02, 2019 rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2019
I really struggled with this book. I pushed on through hoping it would get better and it did for abut 50 pages in the 300's but back slid after that. The self centered, selfish, often crass and crude (and occasionally funny. Occasionally.) Ava and Gen lacked hardly any character development from the beginning to the end of the book. This book not only fell flat for me, it fell far short of that. Perhaps because I had not read the first book in the series? Probably not. :(
Arcana
Advanced reading copy supplied from the publisher via NetGalley in exchange for a fair review.

I. Hate. This. Book. Abominations like this are why boomers will never like us.

It really was like going through the phones of those two girls in your class who thought they were absolutely hilarious and quirky, who don't realise that no one but them are laughing at their jokes. It was almost painful how relatable and down to earth to my demographic this book tried to be, while completely missing the mar
Lynn
Mar 26, 2019 added it
I received this book via Netgalley. I did not realize this was a sequel. I was able to follow the book and get the chemistry between the friends without having read it.

I am not the right audience for this book. I did enjoy the format of texts and emails exchanges to chronicle a slice of life between two best friends just out in their first post-college jobs. I also liked that the book focused on female friendships. However, I only ever connected with Ava's character. Gen's voice was abrasive and
Kyera
Jan 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Somehow when I read "I Hate Everyone But You" I didn't connect this Gaby and Allison to the former Buzzfeed now still exceedingly popular YouTuber's Gaby and Allison. How did I miss that? We will never know.

On to the review!

I enjoyed "I Hate Everyone But You" since it spoke to a still very raw part of me from when I moved away for university. The follow up "Please Send Help" is much closer to how I am still feeling about my first full time library job after grad school, even though I'm half wa
Elle Gutierrez
Jul 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
Thank you to NetGalley and St. Martin’s Press for providing me with an e-ARC of this book in exchange for an honest review. These opinions are exclusively my own.

I gifted "I Hate Everyone But You" to my best friend when she was moving away at the end of last year. She ended up loving it, and convinced me to buy myself a copy. Best decision I ever made.

Did the sequel live up to my enjoyment/hype of the first book? … Mmm mostly.

"Please Send Help" follows Ava and Gen as they navigate the post col
rachael ♡
"I’m clearly flourishing in my isolation. Florida is my new natural habitat. Humidity is cleansing! The constant threat of a gator attack is thrilling! Our governor is probably only homophobic as a bit! (That last one is probably too optimistic.)"

Thanks to NetGalley and St. Martin's Press for the ebook ARC of this novel for review purposes.

PLEASE SEND HELP is a charming and raw sequel to Gaby Dunn and Allison Raskin's I HATE EVERYONE BUT YOU. It follows Ava and Gen as they enter the world of p
Chadreadsbooks
Jul 08, 2019 rated it liked it
firstly I would like to say thank you to net galley fo approving my request of this book. very grateful

this book is a sequel to Gaby Dunn's and Alison Raskin's book I hate everyone but you, I really enjoyed that book and the format of the story that it is in, which The form of writing is in texts and emails back and forth between two friends who have been best friends since forever and they are called Ava and Genevieve. sadly for me this second book wasn't as good as the first book and I just w
Mel
Jun 24, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: giveaways-arcs
Another funny, relatable installment from Dunn & Raskin, this time catching up with Gen and Ava post-college as they set out on their careers. Ava gets an internship behind the scenes of a show in NYC and has joined Gen on the east coast, though it is just as Gen jets off to Florida for a staff position at a small publication, determined to revitalize it (and ideally make a couple straight girls fall for her). Their personalities shine as the pair continue to disagree over their abundantly d ...more
Seema Rao
Mar 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
Funny ~ Believable ~ Poignant

tl:dr: Life happens even when it's not on your own time

At first glance, this book looks long, but it's an epistolary of sorts. Two best friends digital communications form the body of the book. I picked this up because I wanted to read a book written by two female authors (for the Pop Sugar Reading Challenge), but I'm glad I did.

I loved how the classical epistolary is updated in this book. The authors do a wonderful job modulating their language to fit the forms (li
Errin
3.5 stars!

I was a HUGE fan of Gaby and Allison's first book I Hate Everyone But You. This sequel didn't quite hit the same way. I still think it was a super fun, On Brand TM follow up!

A major positive is this is a great start for a resurrection of New Adult. If the genre can rise out of its smutty ashes like a phoenix and follow this direction, that could be cool. There is a lack of books about recent college grads trying to figure life out in 2019. Internships, careers, making new friends, dat
Deanna (Deanna Reads Books)
Mar 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
This review was originally posted on my review blog Deanna Reads Books
File this another another book Deanna read and had NO idea it was actually a sequel. HOWEVER, I feel like not reading the first book didn't take away from this novel AT ALL. I love books that are written in interesting ways, and this one was written in emails and texts, and was really fun to read. It reminded me a lot of Meg Cabot's The Boy series that was written similarly. I LOVE books like this, mostly because they are qui
Adrian
May 26, 2019 rated it it was ok
*e-arc received from NetGalley in exchange for an honest review*

I read the first book in this series earlier this year and thought it was fine so I was hoping that in this second book the characters would have grown some but unfortunately this was not the case. This book heavily pushed sexuality and politics in a way that was bordering on unhealthy.

There were a few parts of this book that I found troubling, mostly surrounding the character Gen. There was an occasion in the book when Gen catfishe
Stacia | stacialovestoread
*thank you to Netgalley & St. Martin’s Press for this eARC in exchange for an honest review*

My full review can be found at https://curlybookowl.com/2019/04/08/p... on or after April 8th, 2019.

This book was cute and quirky and fun! I’ve never read a book that was told completely in text messages and email exchanges. It was an interesting change from a traditionally written book.

Ava and Gen are all of us and none of us. I’m 24 in my 6th year of undergrad. I have been in Gen’s situation where
Emilie Hrabak
Jun 20, 2019 rated it liked it
I am such a huge fan of "I Hate Everyone But You" because I love the email-story format and it was so easy to become literary friends with Gen and Ava and follow their adventures into adulthood.

I was so excited to win a copy of "Please Send Help" from Goodreads, and though it was a quick read and I did laugh a few times, it left me wanting so much more and it honestly paled in comparison to IHEBY.

Each of the characters face their own turning points in the book, but I feel like the four year fl
Come_read_with_me_
Apr 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wow!! 5 stars!!
I don't know where to begin with this! This book is the most funniest, empowering, encouraging, amazing book I have ever read! For any young teenager (any age group really) who doesn't know what they are doing with their lives or need a pick me up, this is your book.
Ava and Gen have been best friends forever. One is living in new York and the other Florida. Ava has financial stability as Gen does not. Ava loves love while Gen is happy out exploring her sexuality (and adopting ran
Lindsey
Mar 21, 2019 rated it it was ok
Shelves: arcs, lgbtqa
Thank you to Net Galley for the free arc in exchange for an honest review.

I think Im going to give this 2.5 stars. There were a lot of important things talked about like sexuality and STI’s, but the only interesting part were the pages between 220 and 300. If the book had kept its good pace til the end it would have gotten three stars.

Onto the characters, the main characters are the stereotypical Type A and Type B personality. There isn’t a lot of cross over between personality traits and I und
Oksana
Mar 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
'Please Send Help' is such a fun and honest book about two friends, Ava and Gen, who are starting new jobs in NYC and Florida respectively while figuring out... well... life in general with all its ups and downs.

It turned out to be the sequel to 'I Hate Everyone But You' which I didn't realise at the beginning of the novel. (Full disclosure: I haven't read 'I Hate Everyone But You' but was still able to properly enjoy the second book and get the heroines' friendship and shared past.)

The two wome
Alexa
Oct 01, 2018 marked it as dnf-or-not-interested
The first book was so bad that there’s no way I’d be able to get through this.
Lisa Wolf
First things first: When I requested this book from NetGalley, I had no idea it was a sequel. Despite my qualms, I decided to read it anyway, and I"m glad I did. While it might have been nice to have read the first book, not having read it didn't detract from my enjoyment of this cute, quirky, quick read. (More on this later...)

Please Send Help is written entirely in texts and emails between two best friends, Ava and Gen. Recent college grads, both are now facing grown-up life as they pursue the
Lindsi (Do You Dog-ear?)
Jul 14, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: netgalley, arc
"1) You can buy sunblock that smells really good. Coconut or mango. I think if it smells good you will want to eat it and then when you realize you can’t eat it you will still want it on your body."

I received an ARC from NetGalley in exchange for an honest review. My thoughts and opinions are my own. Any quotes I use are from an unpublished copy and may not reflect the finished product.

Please Send Help made me smile and was a super quick read. I really enjoyed the banter between Ava and Gen, and
Janelle Dazzlepants
Disclaimer: I received an e-ARC from NetGalley in exchange for an honest review

*screams from the rooftop* I LOVE THESE MESSY WOMEN!

Please Send Help picks up with Gen and Ava embarking on their first jobs post-college, with Ava interning at a comedy show and Gen taking a journalist role in small town Florida. As was the case with the first novel, Please Send Help is told wholly through emails and texts, and gives us an in-depth character exploration of two young professionals struggling to get th
Bayley
Apr 20, 2019 rated it liked it
I love Gaby Dunn and Allison Raskin, I love Just Between Us, the YouTube channel and the podcast, I really enjoyed I Hate Everyone But You, their first book, I listened to Gossip and Bad With Money, their podcasts separate from each other, and I do plan on reading Bad With Money, Gaby's book.
I liked this book fine! I wish I had connected with it more, but I just didn't care very much through the first half of the book.
This book was funnier than I Hate Everyone But You, which was also funny, wh
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »

I Hate Everyone But You (2 books)
  • I Hate Everyone But You (I Hate Everyone But You, #1)