Start by marking “City of Windows” as Want to Read:
City of Windows

City of Windows

"A tough, wise, knowing narrative voice, a great plot, a great setting, and even better characters -- I loved this." --Lee Child, New York Times bestselling author

In the tradition of Jeffery Deaver's Lincoln Rhyme and David Baldacci's Amos Decker, City of Windows introduces Lucas Page, a brilliant, reluctant investigator, matching wits with a skilled, invisible killer

Dur
Expected publication: August 13th 2019 by Minotaur Books

To ask other readers questions about City of Windows, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about City of Windows

Dave
Mar 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
The star of this fast-paced thriller is Lucas Page, a retired FBI specialist who now sports a prosthetic eye, arm, and leg and thought he’d be left alone to quietly raise his house full of foster kids. When a sniper is targeting law enforcement officers, making impossible shots on moving targets, Page is reluctantly called back into the line of duty. Page was a precocious child who performed graduate-level math at an age when he should have been racing Big Wheels. His unique mathematical skills ...more
Laura Rash
Jan 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
HOT DAMN!!!! This was a ripper of a book! A really unique concept between the flawed characters, outlandish storyline and descriptive settings. Fans of the Michael Bennett books can imagine that crossed with Lincoln Rhyme and it’s still not going to completely explain this very original story. I also enjoyed the one liners that had me snort laughing. I feel the need to go read all this authors books now.
Many thanks to Minotaur for this early copy:)
Jannelies
Mar 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: five-stars, thriller
Brilliant!

What can I say? I don't want to compare Lucas Page to any other of the great characters like Lincoln Rhyme. Lucas Page is someone special and I'm happy he is nót as any of the other great characters. He is unique. I really loved his sense of humor; I think his love for his wife and children is a great thing and he may be a little grumpy sometimes, it makes him all the more likable.
Solving the shooting of his former partner and subsequently other people, Lucas is fo
Gram
Feb 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
An absolutely stunning thriller that's so fast paced it will leave you breathless. Although laced with the darkest of dark humour, it also raises serious questions about liberty, justice and the USA Constitution's 2nd Amendment - the right to bear arms.
Seemingly out of nowhere a sniper has begun a killing spree - a sniper who is invisible and leaves no tracks. The powers that-think-they-know-it-all believe it's the work of a French millionaire playboy turned radicalised Muslim. The shooting tak
Maria
- Received an Advance Reader Copy in exchange for a fair review -
A fabulous thriller! Top-notch writing style, with a beautiful, cinematic atmosphere in place descriptions, and an utterly singular, alluring wounded hero.
“City of Windows”, by Robert Pobi, is a gripping, suspenseful read, with fabulous characters, characterization and setting, and a tight, cohesive storyline.
Lucas Page is the most fascinating, low profile, wounded hero I’ve read recently. He’s a complex character, a superior mind
Dianne Laheurte
Dec 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A super smart, well written, fast paced novel by Robi Pobi, unlike his others! I could not put this book down, instead, put my life on hold for 24 hours! Now I need to re-read Bloodman, Mannheim Rex, and American Woman again! SO good!
Carol Ann
Jan 16, 2019 rated it liked it
I read Bloodman a few years back and it knocked my socks off. This one was no disappointment. Pobi is just great at bringing the tension and the excitement.
3.5 seriously action packed stars!
Mads Bruynesteyn
Mar 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
A decent 'actionhero'-thriller, in line with Baldacci's Amos Decker-series and Deavers Lincolm Rhyme-series. Well built plot and an interesting protagonist.
Mackenzie
Jan 28, 2019
Paul
Mar 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
Incredibly tense, fast-paced thriller. My first Pobi novel, and I plan to grab some others. The plot is excellent and quite unpredictable. Excellent (and sometimes funny) dialog and an excellent build-up and ending. This one will probably linger in mind for at least a few days, and probably longer. Highly recommended.

I really appreciate the advanced copy for review!
Meipera
Nov 02, 2018
Dec 14, 2018
Tasha
Mar 17, 2019 added it
Dr Page has a life he enjoys.....teaching at the university and creating a family with his wife and foster children. He planned to leave his past behind, the time with the FBI which left him with a replacement leg, arm and eye.

His ability to absorb and mathematically calculate crime scenes brings FBI to his door to solve the shooting of an FBI agent. The fact the dead man is Pages former partner draws him into the storm. A blizzard. Revenge. And time running out.

I enjoyed the story and pace. It
Luca
Schizanthus
Jan 31, 2019
Andrea
Jan 31, 2019
ROBERT POBI has fished for great whites off Montauk, chased coyotes with a dune buggy in the Mojave, and spelunked caves in the former Yugoslavia. He is a renowned expert in English period furniture and makes a mean coq au vin. He spends most of his time in Montreal, Canada.