Start by marking “Blackened Magic” as Want to Read:
Blackened Magic

Blackened Magic

Sawyer's in big trouble. Lord knows, she's never been a great student, but she never expected to be an inch away from flunking her economics class this close to graduation. Failing is definitely not an option and she's running out of hope. That’s when her roommate suggests contacting a warlock who will sell her an oh-so-illegal spell to help her pass the final.

Kane is almo
Kindle Edition
Published (first published October 18th 2018)

To ask other readers questions about Blackened Magic, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Blackened Magic

Jessica Rachow
Oct 24, 2018 rated it really liked it
I've never read anything by Emily Cyr or Jojo Bartlett, but if they are as fantastic separate as they aretogether, sign me up!

The world building in Blackened Magic is so great. It hooked me and kept me interested the entire way through. I loved the descriptions, and how interesting the world was. It was pretty unique and I really enjoy the urban fantasy feel.

Of course, there is romance. I loved Sawyer. She was such fun to read. I found myself laughing out loud a few times. I liked Kane too, af
Bunnycore
I love Mage's love love love them. I love Emily as well, her writing style is amazing and she cracks me up. I had never read anything by JoJo before and I feel that I may need to change that. This duo was on point for me. This book had everything, a new take on mage's as well as humor. there was some suspense and the quirky personalities had me giggling. I try not to waste my time with books I can't love lately because I am working so much. Emily has been my go to for that. her Vampire Favor ser ...more
Amber
Sep 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I knew these two authors were amazing writers, but wow... the two together are an epic duo! Blackened Magic was phenomenal. The world building inside this story was sooo good. You couldn't help but get caught up in the hype of the story. So much was happening, so much drama, and so much Kane. At first I wasn't too sure of Kane, but after a few pages he really grew on me. And the way he is with Sawyer *swoon* Sawyer would have to be my favorite character tho, she is so hilarious. I really enjoyed ...more
Nicole
Oct 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Hooked and Felt it

I read this book because I was in a group page talking about new releases and it was the same release day so why not? Omg I read the whole thing in one weekend. Yawning now as I write this from lack of sleep. Great book, need the second one please ASAP. Sawyers internal monologues about chocolate are hilarious and then her proverbial foot in mouth kept me turning to see what she would say to Kane or Rex lol. More please!
Lacey
Oct 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Suspense? Check? Romance? Check? Warlocks? Yup check!

This book will not let you down! The suspense will make you chew your nails. The romance will make you sweat and pant. The fantasy world will let you escape reality and wonder, what really would happen if there was magic. Must read! Emily and JoJo did a fantastic job melding two minds into one!
Patsy Kachur
Nov 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Best Ever Read.

Would read a second and third book. This book held my attention . I could have done with a lot less cussing.My Daddy said only a stupid. Person would cuss. Your not stupid.
Kathryn
Super impressed with this new entry from an author I follow. The series name is what made it for me.... the MISTAKE was HUGE! LOL... but so fun in the solving and fixing of it. The warlocks were really cool. I'm hooked, I just hope I don't have to wait too long for the next one in the series.
Elizabeth
Sep 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Sawyer is spastic in the most delightful way! Then she meets Kane the Brooder (my nickname for him) and all sht breaks loose! See what happens when you try to take the easy way out lol.
Kristine Plum
Feb 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved it!!

I loved both main characters!! Neither had annoying or irritating qualities making me want to shake them! I just wanted more! Can’t wait to see how their lives unfold!
Kristine Fangman
Mar 18, 2019
Carlton Mckenney
Kelly Mccurdy
Oct 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
When I started reading Blackened Magic, I had no idea that I was in for a ride that would leave me needing more. The best line in that I found in the book is “Whoreface McSassy Pants” I mean, how is that not the best line ever. When I read that line I laughed so hard. But, on a serious note, the writing of this book is nothing shy of greatness. The characters have off the charts chemistry. The angst that Kane has and the snarky Sass that Swayer slings towards him, you can’t help but to fall for ...more
Brian  Hofmann