Start by marking “Hela Takes a Holiday” as Want to Read:
Hela Takes a Holiday

Hela Takes a Holiday

(Christmas Wishes #1)

It's lonely being the queen of the dead. Hela longs for a life among the living, and a chance at love. When Loki grants her wish, she's elated…only to discover later that even a trickster god's daughter isn't safe from his deceit. How can she learn to adapt to life on Midgard if her presence disrupts the balance of life and death?

Björn the Untouchable requires a wife…but i
Kindle Edition, 1
Published November 6th 2018

To ask other readers questions about Hela Takes a Holiday, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Hela Takes a Holiday

Dawn Brower
Fantastic

This book was fabulous. Rebekah Lewis is a talented author that can really weave a fine tale. If you enjoy romance and mythology this book is for you.
Sheri Velarde
Nov 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Christmas time is fast approaching and its the time of year that I like to get in some holiday romances. This one is one of the faves that I have read over the years. First off let me tell you that I love anything based on mythology, Norse and Greek mythology being my favorites. As you might guess from the title, this one is based on Norse gods, with Hela, Loki, and Thor all making appearances. Now these are not the gods of the movies, but based on the actual mythology of old and I love it! Hela ...more
Sandy
Nov 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
In this fantasy the dragon was so bored it went to sleep, poor baby. Hela is Loki daughter and he truly does not understand her. She craves someone to talk to she is always alone come on even the dragon is sleeping. Hela ask to be human and allowed to fall in love Loki gives her 12 days if she falls she will stay with her lover, but if not? This is a beautiful story, Loki is a jerk and Hela gets him in the end but the drama within is what makes the story. This is a classic tale one that you coul ...more
Sue
Nov 03, 2018 rated it it was ok
This was a short read, that I found lacking in a way. Even though the blurb really interested me, I just didn't get what I was expecting. The progression of the relationship was rushed, which is as expected in a short read, but I have read shorter books that actually really sold the relationship. I really liked the god/vikings references but just wanted more. It did read like more of a fantasy book though.

Philleys Peters
Nov 07, 2018 rated it really liked it
A sweet gem of a book! Loki grants his daughter's wish to experience life among the living and maybe find love? Hela is ported to a forest in Midgard and rescued by the jarl's son Bjorn who takes her back to his village. A mutual attraction and Bjorn's need for a wife puts these two on a fated path in spite of interfering gods. Very entertaining story.

Tanya
Nov 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
She is the queen of the dead and she is lonely. She gets a chance to be with the living but there will be a price to pay. He knows he needs to find a wife but he is not ready. Will a chance meeting solve their problems? How will it end? There are a few twists and turns in this great story

Andrea
Nov 06, 2018 rated it really liked it
This book is a quick read with Viking elements that seemed well thought out by the author. Some books don't do due diligence when referencing historical facts, to me, this book did. The characters were fleshed out in typical quick read style and the story was interesting enough to finish. I liked the book!

Barbara
Nov 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A beautiful story that I enjoyed reading a book I will be rereading it is a quick read of 121 pages. I want to read the rest of the books in this series. I received a free copy of this book via Booksprout and am voluntarily leaving a review.
Savannah
Nov 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Little different then my normal reads and the author is new to me. I plan to read more from her. Love to read about the holidays.

Lori
Nov 09, 2018 rated it really liked it
A very quick story with Vikings. Overall I liked the plot and romance. I did like that it didn't take all day to read.

Karen
Nov 16, 2018 rated it really liked it
A good interesting short historical fantasy romance story, with intriguing characters. It is a well-written book and a pleasure to read.
Hanna
Nov 06, 2018 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this story, the characters were well written and the plot moved really well. I found myself sucked into the story right from the beginning
Ali
Catherine Walsh
Dec 09, 2018
Maryal Christensen
Dec 12, 2018
Rebekah Lewis holds a Bachelor of Arts in English Literature. She is an award-winning cover artist for digital publishers, and enjoys every minute of it when not immersed into a world of satyrs and Greek gods. Always feeling the need to be productive, she can be found creating something whether with words or images, or with arts and crafts. She resides in Savannah, GA with her cat, Bagheera.
If you

Christmas Wishes (6 books)
  • A Christmas Reunion (Christmas Wishes Book 2)
  • The Appeal of an Elusive Viscount (Christmas Wishes Book 3)
  • Christmas in the Duke's Embrace
  • The Magic of Gingerbread (Christmas Wishes Book 5)
  • Rebellious Angel: Marsden Descendants (Christmas Wishes Book 6)