Start by marking “Shadow's Hand (The Shadow's Creed Saga #1)” as Want to Read:
Shadow's Hand (The Shadow's Creed Saga #1)

Shadow's Hand

(The Shadow's Creed Saga #1)

False warriors destroyed their homes. Now two heroes must delve into ancient magic to save their realm from destruction.

Kilo lives and dies by the truth of the Shadow’s Creed. So when brutal raiders raze his village, the leader is honor-bound to put aside his fighting staff and help his people rebuild. After discovering the attackers were impersonating Shadow warriors and
Published June 13th 2018 by Phantom Ink Press

To ask other readers questions about Shadow's Hand, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Shadow's Hand

Start your review of Shadow's Hand (The Shadow's Creed Saga #1)
Laura A. Grace
Feb 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
VIDEO REVIEW HERE: https://youtu.be/6O15Fgu550s

That was an explosive story! It definitely didn’t disappoint and am very happy with the outcome. (Well, except I want more now. Ha!)

I came in with an expectation of Shadow’s Hand having similar feels to the manga/anime Rurouni Kenshin and I got something just as uniquely awesome. It had those feels from Kenshin, yes, but Kilo is just as awesome and amazing in his own way. (Yes, I said awesome twice and would totally say it again.)

And not only is Ki
Elda
Jul 19, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
An incredible story

This is an incredible story in an imaginative world. A very different sort of magic from an ancient world. I love the Shadows and Phantom characters and their integrity trying to find a way to conquer the evil for the good of the people. I would have given it 5 stars if it weren’t for the proofreading errors throughout. They can be annoying but the story is worth the read.
Shannon Rohrer
Feb 22, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A solid, awe-inspiring read.

Inspired by the Samurai code of Bushido, Shadow's Hand primarily focuses on two character viewpoints: Kilo, a full-fledged Shadow (peaceful warriors whose code requires them not to kill unless absolutely necessary) and Shenrae, the daughter of two of Kilo's oldest friends.

Without giving away anything of the plot, I'll say this: the story is well thought-out, filled with attention to detail on environment, the senses, interactions, and all of the minutiae between. Fro
Cath
Aug 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is a cracker of a start for the Shadow’s Creed Saga. It is a lengthy tome, with lots of background information building up the characters. A mix of the warrior code of Bushido and ninjas with the level of morals and ethics instilled in that code. A true Shadow follows the Shadow’s Creed and involves a lengthy period of training. Just wanting to be one or being a great warrior does not mean you will become one. The Shadows follow the lead of their Phantom, their leader in the field and at ho ...more
H.A. LYNN
Dec 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Noelle weaves an epic fantasy of engaging and relatable characters in a beautiful world of ancient magic!

Kilo lives by a strong code of ethics, and I think this is what makes him appealing. His internal struggle over what is right and wrong, and who gets to judge those who harm him and those he loves is, I think, the core of this story. Without this, I don’t think Kilo would choose the path he does. It makes the action more gripping because Kilo will not kill his enemy, even though there are mom
Jacob Rundle
Jan 23, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I received a free copy of the eBook in exchange for an honest and true review. There are a good number of battle scenes. The characters are interesting. There were a few times when my attention wavered, so I had to reread those paragraphs. Maybe I'll reread this book when the second book comes out.
I would give this novel a 4.5/5.0.
LooseBoots
Aug 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Brilliant first novel . Quite a few typos but other than that very good story .Interesting concept with the ancients religion / magic being rediscovered with the hope of saving the people that are being attacked by an unknown enemy. Great fantasy and adventure all rolled into one .
Autumn
Aug 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I received an ARC of this book in exchange for an honest review.
Kilo lives by the Shadow’s Creed. While the False Shadows, a horrible and vicious group of warriors who are impersonating the Shadows, believe the Shadow’s Creed to be a weakness, Kilo finds his strength in it. After the False Shadows attack his home, he is torn: stay with his people to help rebuild and prepare to fight back, or leave to find more information that could lead his people to victory? Meanwhile, Shenrae is trying to fi
Shaina Krevat
Jan 20, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shadow’s Hand creates a very compelling world where a fantasy equivalent of ninjas called Shadows protect the land. The main character is Kilo, an experienced Shadow who is learning that his black and white views of the world may not be accurate. The supporting cast includes his younger sister Finae, who is wonderful and probably my favorite character, and another point of view (POV) character, Shenrae, who is just beginning to learn the Shadow’s teachings.

The greatest strengths of this novel ar
Caylynn
Jul 16, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: ya-fantasy
2.9/5 stars

I don't know if I was unknowingly half asleep while reading this or what, but I honestly didn't retain much while reading this book. I think my lack of interest in this novel stems from the fact that I've been on an Asian culture/mythology inspired binge the last few months, and- compared to this novel- a majority of those other books were absolutely spectacular and blew my mind away.

While the pretense of this story sounded intriguing during my read through of the back cover, the
Natasha Clark-French
Unfortunately I didn't connect with this book. I'm disappointed about having to add it to my DNF shelf because it had many elements I love: honor-bound ninja-types, magic, deceit, loyalty and death. But the writing felt flat to me. There were some grusome moments that should've left me feeling horrified and deaths that should've left me feeling sorrowful but I didn't feel anything at all except tired and ready for bed. Initially I thought that maybe I really was just tired but after making 5 att ...more
Tofu
Jun 29, 2019 rated it really liked it

The pacing of the book was rather slow at the beginning, which deterred me from picking it up to continue from time to time. However, it began to be very engaging with explosive combat scenes and how the plot slowly unfolds, which then captured my attention to read the book to the very end.

There were some awkward transitions from in between dialogues and scenes which made them seem disjointed; however, it wasn'
Sean Thomas
Jun 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
This was absolutely incredible. I do have some minor complaints regarding the pace, as it got a bit slow at times, and a few other little nitpicks, but nothing especially big.

I really liked the Japanese-inspired world. It was fascinating, introducing the samurai code and a lot of attention to detail on the villages, battle tactics, and customs. I liked the characters for the most part, and found this to be an easy to follow story. Hopefully I'll get to read the next one in the series.

Nicole
Oct 15, 2019 added it
RTC.
Bran Pendergrass
Perfection!!! ;)

Cratexpectation was honored to host this lovely lady!
Xerxes
MarytheBookLover
Aug 14, 2018
Yesenia
Aug 26, 2018
Goodreads Librari...: Please update old over to final cover 2 19 Aug 15, 2018 05:06AM

• Burned to a Crisp (Gingerbread Hag Mystery #1)
  • Three Days Till Dawn (Antiquity's Gate #1)
  • The Valley of Kings
  • The Door Into Fire (The Tale of the Five, #1)
  • A Whisper in the Shadows (Rangers of Laerean, #1)
  • Tides of Mana: Eschaton Cycle (Heirs of Mana #1)
  • Kings of Paradise (Ash and Sand, #1)
  • The Wolf's Call (Raven's Blade #1)
  • Briz and Bayla: The Bronze Age Bounty Hunters (Moving Targets, #1)
  • Full Dive
  • The Prince of Cats
  • Sweetblade
  • Spark City (Spark City Cycle, #1)
  • He Was Not Prepared (Birth Of Heavy Metal, #1)
  • Shard & Shield (Shard of Elan, #1)
  • Kings of Ash (Ash and Sand, #2)
  • The Sword and the Dagger
  • The Last Letter

The Shadow's Creed Saga (2 books)
  • Phantom's Lament (The Shadow's Creed Saga, #2)

News & Interviews