Start by marking “Blood Money (Alice Worth #0.5)” as Want to Read:
Blood Money (Alice Worth #0.5)

Blood Money

(Alice Worth 0.5)

Alternate cover edition for ASIN B077KJK579
For all editions see here

Charles Vaughan has always had great taste in women, and the Vampire Court's newest investigator, Alice Worth, looks very tasty indeed.

After an epidemic of attacks by newly risen vampires terrorizes the city, authorities pressure Charles Vaughan and the Vampire Court to determine who
Published August 2018 by Lisa Edmonds (first published February 13th 2018)

To ask other readers questions about Blood Money, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Blood Money

Start your review of Blood Money (Alice Worth #0.5)
Stacey is Sassy
Then Alice walked in…

There’s always a little part of me that’s nervous about reading follow up books from a debut author that I’ve rated high. I absolutely LOVED Heart of Malice and was completely sucked in. Could I get the same high from subsequent books? Is the author going to be a one-hit wonder? Maybe I just got the timing right when I read the first book? Well, even though the two books I’ve read since the first have been shorties, I still managed to get that buzz and finish on a high.

Don’t get me wrong, I started,
Carvanz
Charles Vaughn, a member of the Vampire Court, has his hands full with someone creating rogues, a hunter that isn’t strictly sticking to the rules and a mob of reality television viewers who have taken it upon themselves to help capture said rogues. When his usual mage isn’t able to help in the investigation, he brings in the mage’s trainee.

This is serious business and Charles is reluctant to believe Alice can help in any real capacity. However, when little by little she opens the case, his int
Annika
Jul 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
description

This is how you write a companion novella that actually adds substance to the main series.
Absolutely loved it.

Charles Vaughan is such an intriguing, complex character. Getting a glimpse into this mysterious mind of his, witnessing his odd thought process, and learning about his weird obsession with Alice and how he became the man he is was eye-opening and incredibly entertaining.
Seeing Alice's bad-assery from another's POV and how she got into the PI business was just the icing on the cake.

Team Vaughan all the way!

ARC provided by the author in exchange for anway!
ARC
Danielle (Danniegurl)
Susan
Feb 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I always love these prequel type novellas and especially love that’s it’s in Charles point of view. Now we know the background of Charles & Alice. Can’t wait for more!
Ewa Fura
Feb 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I received an ARC in exchange for an honest review… and I loved it!!!!!

If you like reading about vampires – this book is for you.
If you like good detective stories - this book is for you.

description

It was a good novella, with interesting plot twists. The part of the story is told by Charles, so we can understand him better - as a vampire and as a man.

The two previous books in the Heart of Malice series were quite fun to rea
Edeena Cross
Feb 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I was lucky enough to receive this book prior to release through my newsletter subscription to the author’s website. I made myself re-read Heart of Malice before I started on this prequel and was glad that I did.

In this story, we learn more of Charles and Alice’s backstories, and it was great to get more information on those things that are hinted at in Heart of Malice. Whilst you don’t need to read this story you will WANT to, and I inhaled it once I started. Now, the wait is on for
Jana Gundy
Aug 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Even the short stories are excellent!

I’m completely blown away with this author’s writing. I mean, this is a short story about Charles and meeting Alice for the first time and it was so good! There was no skimping the story line or skipping over details even in this novella. I loved every word and now know what is going on in Charles’ head.
Michelle
Jul 30, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I'm often skeptical about reading added points of view, especially this early on in a series I love. This broke the mold a bit - a complete storyline that filled in a lot of blanks (even ones you didn't know needed filling), more parallel stories, layers, and character development. Essential reading for the Alice Worth fan.
Blaise Ramsay
Oct 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Boundless Book Reviews
This is the prequel to Heart of Malice, however reading after would probably be best.  I usually like to read things in order.  With this one, published order works better.  You get to know Alice and love her in HOM and see what she is dealing with the vampires and Charles.  Then in Blood Money, which is told from Charles’s POV we get to see his true motives.  Oh is he ruthless and duplicities!  Alice is wise to be leery and cautious of him.

“There really was no better profession fo
Shell
Oct 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Great series. This novella is a little prequel to book 1 Heart of Malice in the Alice Worth series followed by a very short story post book one.
It’s a great universe with a fascinating main and supplemental characters.
And it’s free to Kindle Unlimited subscribers.
Yay! Now on to the other novella then book 2.
Arlene
Dec 10, 2018 rated it really liked it
funny

A great way to see via for side of what her books are about From a different perspective.. You can really tell what a great job she did with our characters because Charles seems the same no matter what
Gloria
Feb 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Excellent Read

I love the Alice Worth novels.. The series moves quickly with great action, great characters, and an excellent plot line. I couldn't put the books down once I started reading them.
Isis
Feb 27, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A Solid Prequel

This prequel offers a nice look at the relationship between Alice and the vampire, Charles Vaughn. It is written from Charle's point of view and explains his motivations nicely. It also sets up some potentially interesting future events.
Lyssa Sue Shaffer
Jul 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Excellent

A retro Alice that let me see her first meeting with Charles. Characters have depth and flaws. The mystery is important. The pacing is tight without feeling rushed.

Now I am going to have to re-read the series. Oh how dreadful... Not!
Anita
How Alice met and impressed vampire Charles, the start of his long game to possess her, a mystery around rogue vampires, and a social commentary on bigotry. Should be read AFTER book one in the series.
Margaret
I think I figured something out that I didn’t get from Book 1.
Sheila Ryals
Nov 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
😻

This is actually my second time reading this. Not sure why I didn’t leave a review before. Really good book. Love the little extra with Malcolm!
Lisa
May 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I love the characters in this series, Can't wait for the next one!
Matt
Dec 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: kindle-unlimited
Other POVs are always nice. Also interesting to see how Charles truly doesn't understand other people that well (doesn't understand why that person hated/betrayed him).
Linzi
Jul 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Good introduction to an unusual series - a bit too much preamble and not enough from Alice's POV but interesting. Absolutely dreadful audio narration! So glad this guy isn't doing the main books.
Jun 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wow

I love how Alice kept putting Charles in is place. But that twist at the end, OMG! I didn't see it coming. Great job!
Veronica Saldivar
Nov 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Eek I didn’t think I was going to get into this book but omg I got sucked right in! Highly recommend it.
Linda
Jun 20, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition

Fun interlude with Malcolm as a bonus short story.
Lianne KF
Oct 23, 2018 rated it really liked it
Dawn
Jun 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Excellent. I have enjoyed this series immensely and am so glad I read his novella before diving into book 2! Well written book with a great plot and lots of action. Alice is a true bad Ass.
Jellisa Thomas
Apr 16, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Will good novella the ending was great as well . I can't wait to read heart of fire.
Kerry
Feb 09, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I would like to give this book 4.5 stars. It started off a little slowly, but that was necessary to set the scene in which Alice meets Charles for the first time. I very much appreciated this background explanation of her relationship with Charles and his interest in her. It was short, punchy, and interesting. I liked the story and have already reread it once. I received a free copy in return for an honest review.

• Oath Sworn (Jacky Leon Book 1)
  • Night Stalker (Rosie O'Grady's Paranormal Bar and Grill, #2)
  • Dark Dancer (Rosie O'Grady's Paranormal Bar and Grill, #3)
  • Shadow Hunter (Rosie O'Grady's Paranormal Bar and Grill, #1)
  • Edge of Magic
  • Shadow of Doubt (The Potentate of Atlanta, #1)
  • Wishful Thinking (How To Be The Best Damn Faery Godmother In The World Or Die Trying #1)
  • Between Jobs (The City Between, #1)
  • Demon Magic and a Martini (The Guild Codex: Spellbound, #4)
  • Between Shifts (The City Between #2)
  • Dawn's Envoy (Aileen Travers, #4)
  • Taming Demons for Beginners (The Guild Codex: Demonized #1)
  • Moonlight's Ambassador (Aileen Travers, #3)
  • The Rebellious Sister (Unstoppable Liv Beaufont, #1)
  • Two Witches and a Whiskey (The Guild Codex: Spellbound, #3)
  • How to Live an Undead Lie (Beginner's Guide to Necromancy, #5)
  • How to Dance an Undead Waltz (Beginner's Guide to Necromancy, #4)
  • The Alchemist and an Amaretto (The Guild Codex: Spellbound, #5)
Lisa Edmonds was born and raised in Kansas. A graduate of Buhler High School, she studied English and forensic criminology at Wichita State University. After acquiring her Bachelor’s degree, she considered a career in law enforcement as a behavioral analyst before earning a Master's from Wichita State and then a Ph.D. in English from Texas A&M University.

She is currently an associa

Alice Worth (4 books)
  • Heart of Malice (Alice Worth, #1)
  • Heart of Fire (Alice Worth #2)
  • Heart of Ice (Alice Worth #3)
  • Heart of Stone (Alice Worth, #4)