Start by marking “Identical Death (Reverend Cici Gurule Mysteries, #1)” as Want to Read:
Identical Death (Reverend Cici Gurule Mysteries, #1)

Identical Death

(Reverend Cici Gurule Mysteries #0.5)

What turns a reverend into an amateur sleuth?

Few people have ever experienced a connection like the one Reverend Cici Gurule and her sister had.

The women weren't just twins; they were identical.

Yes, were.
Cici knew the exact moment her sister had died because Cici had passed out in her apartment.

She'd swear until the day she died her sister said her name in a soft, broke
Published July 11th 2018 by Sidecar Press, LLC

To ask other readers questions about Identical Death, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Identical Death

Start your review of Identical Death (Reverend Cici Gurule Mysteries, #1)
Deb
Mar 27, 2021 rated it it was ok
Mystery

The book left much to be desired. There is not much focus on finding the killer. Mainly it is a small background on the characters. I received this book free courtesy of the writer and this is my honest review.
Sandee
Oct 10, 2020 rated it really liked it
This is the prequel to the series and while I enjoyed the short story, it doesn't add to the overall story. In this prequel we revisit the relationship between Cici and her twin Aci. We also see the events that lead up to some of the relationship challenges that add to the first book in the series. Good background but nothing new. Of course Alexa's talent as a writer made this an exciting and engaging read. I enjoyed this book. ...more
Linda Strong
Feb 24, 2021 rated it liked it
Identical Death is the first book in, A Reverend Cici Gurule Mystery.

◆Please note: This is a companion novella that should be read prior to A Pilgrimage to Death as it offers further insights into Cici, Sam, and the murder of Anna Carmen. It ends on a cliffhanger. ◆

They weren't just twins .. they were identical. And Cici's sister was murdered.

There are no clues, no apparent motive, no witnesses, no DNA .... so Cici turns to her sister's best friend.. who also happens to be a detective.

It's myste
Wendy Buchanan
Nov 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I received a free copy from voracious reader. Enjoyed the book. Look forward to reading more
A_Friend
Oct 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Identical Death

Awesome read. Storyline and characters are awesome. They say twins are really close, also know what each other feels and if something happens to the other one. This pretty much states that but there is so much more to it. Definite must read to find out
Sun Praiser
Feb 15, 2021 rated it did not like it
Nancy (The Avid Reader)
Identical Death is a great introduction into the world of Reverend Cici Gurule. Identical Death tells the story of one woman’s experience of her twin sister’s death.

Cici is home with her boyfriend when she passes out. She knows at that moment her twin sister Anna Carmen or Aci as she called her was dead as she could no longer feel her. She knew the instant her sister’s spirit left this world.

That is the moment that Cici’s world is turned upside down. Anna Carmen was murdered but the police hav
Ashlyn
Mar 02, 2021 rated it really liked it
Grace
Jan 28, 2021 rated it it was ok
Shelves: next-read
This was a bit of a weird book. It was written as a prequel to the first book in the series (A Pilgrimage To Death) but didn't do anything except introduce you to characters that will presumably feature in that book where the story continues. I've never come across anything like this before because the way it ends and believe it doesn't really get started leaves you having to purchase the next book to continue the story.
I originally received the 3rd book in the series A Heritage of Death as a f
Samantha Wells
Nov 21, 2020 rated it really liked it
Firstly I must say that I received this book as a free copy from Voracious Readers Only in exchange for an honest review. When I read the blurb for this book it intrigued me. The only problem was that I had not fully realised that it wasn’t really a complete story, it was in fact a prequel. An incredibly short prequel. I literally read it in one very short sitting and I certainly felt rather left hanging at the end. That said it was pretty well written and the characters were totally believable ...more
Denise
Feb 18, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Since I have read several from this series when I seen this one I had to get in to read it. I read the ones after this one so it was a good time to catch up. I get to see how this started which had me rubbing my hands together. CiCi and her sister pull you in with the pages start turning and you stay awhile. When she knows the time exactly of death you rub your arms. The paths we go on after that will be ones we go with her as she learns to deal with it an a unsolved murder. This goes fast for m ...more
Megan
Apr 11, 2021 rated it really liked it
Cici's character was well written. Her emotions at times were relatable. This is a very quick read, and ends in cliffhanger. I did not realize that this was a novella and not a complete novel, so that's someting to consider. I wish it Was a complete novel so I could've enjoyed a deeper dive into each character, and more in depth descriptions. But its exactly what I would.have expected from a novella. Well written and thought out. I received a free copy of this book with the agreement that I woul ...more
Donna Smith
Dec 11, 2020 rated it did not like it
Disappointed

I chose the rating I did because I am indeed disappointed.I was given to understand that I was receiving a free book. What I actually got was the first few chapters of a book and then I was told that if I wanted to finish the book I would have to buy the rest of the story. This feels like a cheat. I won't follow this author because of this.
Joanne Hampton
Dec 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
What do you do when your identical twins sister is killed? Lay down and forget it, No! You look for clues, ask around, talk to the boyfriend, ask police.Good prequel to get your nose into the series of books. Great writing!
Eirlys
Nov 08, 2020 rated it really liked it
Interesting story

I liked the identical twins story line, and how when one dies the other feels it. Cici has lost her sister and it changes her life. I would have given it an extra star, but it was short and ended too sharply.
Tonya Berry
Apr 17, 2021 rated it liked it
Loved this story!! Can’t wait to read the rest of the set of works!!!
jacqueline levitt
Feb 07, 2021 rated it really liked it
Not bad for a quick ready were you cant put book down till you have finished reading
Lois Askin
Jan 01, 2021 rated it it was amazing
👍

I love that you kept the script basically clean. You show that even reverends and people of the clergy are human!
Marseydoats
Nov 15, 2020 rated it liked it
I liked this, but it's basically a short story with a cliffhanger. ...more
Susan J Byler
Mar 21, 2021 rated it liked it
I was disappointed as this book had no ending it just leads you to buy the next book.
Nati
May 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
An inside in the twins connection. Cici Gurule just felt a sudden void inside her. She is sure something terrible has happened to her twin sister Aci. A deep journey into Cici and Aci’s souls.
suzi roth
Dec 19, 2020 rated it liked it
Will not read the series.

The book didn't hold my interest and was a little too simplistic for me and was a very a quick read.
Kathy
Jan 21, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Surprises

I didn't like how the book started at first but then it got into more suspense. I was kinda hoping that Aci was still alive.
Laurel Kristick
Jun 08, 2020 rated it really liked it
Good introduction to the characters of this mystery series, but the crime isn't actually solved ...more
Ruth Coulson
Dec 04, 2020 rated it it was ok
I was disappointed in this book. Although the characters are well drawn and the story line is intriguing, the book is short and has no resolution.
It is basically a teaser for other books in the series, but even so, I would hope that it would have some stand-alone quality. It doesn't. I didn't find it worth reading.
I received my copy through Voracious Readers and thank them and the author for the opportunity to read and review.
Vibhor Mathur
Jan 02, 2021
Paula Smartt
Mar 23, 2021
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
The Mystery, Crim...: FREE Mystery / Suspense - Identical Death 1 7 Jan 08, 2021 08:33AM

• Hidden Justice (No Justice)
  • The Reluctant Detective (C.T. Ferguson #1)
  • 1st Shock (A Schock Sisters Mystery, #1)
  • Dead On Time (Unconventional Truth Series, #1)
  • The Last Amen (Kate Murphy Mystery #3)
  • Deadly Pursuit (Arrington Mysteries, #0.5)
  • Innocence Taken (Damien Kaine #1)
  • Victim of a Delusional Mind (Troy and Eva Winters #1)
  • The Reluctant Coroner (Fenway Stevenson Mysteries Book 1)
  • A Life for a Life
  • She Wore Mourning (Zachary Goldman Mysteries, #1)
  • On the Rocks (Ruby Steele Cozy Mystery, #1)
  • The Reticence: A Suspense Mystery Thriller (Nantahala River Book 1)
  • The Scent of Bones (Isle of Bute #1)
  • Illusive Storm
  • Who She Was (Sylvia Wilcox Mysteries, #1)
  • Murder Notes (Lilah Love, #1)
  • Deadly Alliances
With a degree in international marketing and a varied career path that includes content management for a web firm, marketing direction for a high-profile sports agency, and a two-year stint with a renowned literary agency, award-winning author Alexa Padgett has returned to her first love: writing fiction.

Alexa spent a good part of her youth traveling. From Budapest to Belize, Calgary to Coober Ped

Reverend Cici Gurule Mysteries (4 books)
  • A Pilgrimage to Death (Reverend Cici Gurule Mysteries, #2)
  • A Heritage of Death (Reverend Cici Gurule Mysteries, #3)
  • An Artifact of Death (Reverend Cici Gurule Mysteries, #4)
  • A Revelation of Death (Reverend Cici Gurule, #5)