Start by marking “The Life I Never Asked For” as Want to Read:
The Life I Never Asked For

The Life I Never Asked For

We were never supposed to be. Life threw a curveball at me, wrecking everything in it’s wake.

I had it all, and in a single moment it was ripped away from me.

I lost everything. I lost myself.

Picking up the broken pieces of my life hasn’t been easy. Starting over is the hardest part.

I didn’t ask for this life, but I’m going to make the most of it for them.
Published October 16th 2018 by Kira Adams

To ask other readers questions about The Life I Never Asked For, please sign up.
Kira Adams This isn't really considered NA because none of the characters are in college. Although they could be. She's in her thirties. :)

Start your review of The Life I Never Asked For
KAT ♕ Kitty Kats Crazy About Books ♕
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

MY REVIEW: can also be found on my blog:
➽ KITTY KATS CRAZY ABOUT BOOKS

THE LIFE I NEVER ASKED FOR: A full length, standalone romance novel by new to me author Kira Adams. This has flashbacks to the past to the present.

We're first introduced to thirty-one year old Tobin as she faces one of the most debilitating days of her life, saying goodbye to her husband of fifteen years and daughter making her a widow and leaving her alone, the sole survivor.

This is the beginning of the rest of
Book-Lover Book Blog
Oct 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Warning... this book is incredibly emotional and moving. Tobin is incredibly strong but her emotions and pain bleed through the pages. The whole story is so graphically detailed (In a good way; not dirty or bloody!) that I felt I had an incredible Bond with each of the characters.

I loved Kiefer. How he stepped in to help Tobin in her time of need was moving and heart-warning. I liked how the story also goes back to Tobin’s previous life with Finn and Easton... my god, my hurt is still hurting a
Clara Atkinson
Nov 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The Life I Never Asked For By Kira Adams

This was my first book by Kira and it won't be my last. This story was emotionally raw,gutwrenching, heartbreaking yet beautiful at the same time. Tobin had a beautiful family then in a blink of an eye it was all taken away from her. Her journey was a hard one full of pain and self discovery. At times my heart truly hurt and I felt as if I was the one living through her pain and grief. You can feel her struggle with survivors guilt ,anger and e
Lindsey Kramer
Oct 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This book was heartbreaking and beautiful. I felt absolutely everything. I loved this book and I really hope other readers will as well. I can’t wait to discover more from Kira Adams.
❤️Melanie G.
Oct 21, 2018 rated it really liked it
Such an emotional read. Your heart breaks and heals then finds love again. A touching story that will leave you dabbing your eyes dry.
Sassy Southern
Nov 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
4.5 Stars
Tobin Price is 31 years old when she loses her husband Finn, daughter Easton and her unborn baby in a car accident. Now she is struggling with going on and what she is going to do with her life. After the funeral Tobin decides she is going to travel as that is something that Finn would have wanted her to do.
Keifer Jacks is Tobin’s cousin and a you-tube star for the crazy stunts he pulls all over the world. He and Tobin are like oil and water but he knows that he needs to be there
Patricia Maia (The Bookery Review)
Ever since Kira Adams started to publish little snippets of this story, I knew I needed to read it. I could feel the angst in those little teasers, but I couldn't imagine the whole amazing story it ended to be, until I've read it.

This book is on TOP of my 2018 favorite books so far!

Extremely emotional and truly heartbreaking, The Life I Never Asked For, is about how to move on in life after everything crumble at your feet.

Tobin showed to be a very strong woman
Jennifer Pierson
Oct 16, 2018 rated it really liked it
The Life I Never Asked For is the story of Tobin, after her life was derailed from one moment in time. And I'm not going to give more away, except for my feelings. This story was heartbreaking, before it got better, and I don't mean a little eye leakage here or there, but full on flooding from my eyes. The details of this talented author, had me physically feeling all of Tobin's sorrow like it was my own. So seriously, a lot came off very realistically in the telling of her story, as it's about ...more
Andrea Thompson
Oct 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc, adult-romance
This story was really hard on the soul. After doing some looking, it seems that this is Kira Adams' wheelhouse and as much as I was a fan of this story, I don't know that I could turn to another like it right away. This theme is heavy and hard to read at times.

As a wife and mother, the situation that Tobin finds herself is the absolute worst kind of unimaginable nightmare possible. The survivor's guilt and anger is just palpable. The way the writer set up the chapters so that there w
Rebecca Austin
Nov 01, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: review-sassy
This was a beautiful story on living again after loss and the struggles and guilt that are associated with it.

My heart broke for Tobin with everything that she had to endure with the accident and then with the trial after that. I was glad she got up the courage to make a decision to travel but I really didn’t want her to go alone.

At the beginning I thought Keifer was a jerk but gradually you got to see another side of him. I loved how he took Tobin to New York but I was a little mad
Casey
Dec 30, 2018 rated it liked it
Find this review and more at Ramblings From This Chick

The Life I Never Asked for is the first book I’ve read by Kira Adams, and it is a standalone story. I will admit that the blurb is what drew me in. This one was a bit on the forbidden side and I knew I had to read it. I had mixed feelings about the story, but I would read more from Kira Adams in the future and I think a lot of readers will really like this book.

After losing everything, Tobin is left to pick up the pieces of her life and
Fiction  Vixens Blog
Oct 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This story by Author Kira Adams is emotional and moving . The story is about Tobin who is a incredibly strong ,but her emotions and pain really bleeds through the pages of this book while you are reading it. Kira Adams really gets graphic in her details ,and that's in a good way.( I don't mean dirty and or even bloody ). And as you read you start to develop a bond with the characters .There 's something special Kiefer and how he stepped into help Tobin in her time of need. It was very moving and ...more
Cindy Mathis
Nov 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I’ve said it before, and I’ll say it again. Kira Adams writes “real life.” I’ve been a fan from my very first read, but she has really raised the bar with The Life I Never asked for. In my opinion, this is her best book yet. Ms. Adam’s ability to start a story from the lowest time in her character’s life and slowly, but thoroughly, rebuild their strength, their ability to overcome whatever obstacle they run across and come out better on the back side is her trademark. This story of heartbreak, g ...more
Wendy Livingstone
Oct 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This phenomenal story is an emotional rollercoaster from beginning to end. This is a beautifully written story, which is truly heartbreaking, humorous, and dealing with moving forward in life when everything you know crumbles, as well as dealing with loss, healing, and love. I was totally captivated throughout this addictive page tuner, and I cannot wait to read more of this talented authors’ work, which I highly recommend for all readers! Brilliant work Kira!!
mybookcraze
Oct 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc-2018
*Received an ARC in exchange for an honest review*

This novel by Kira Adams is very emotional and heartbreaking. This novel is about Tobin and how her life derailed. She has been through alot but, she is such a strong independent woman. Kiefer eventually comes into her life and helps pick up the rest of the broken pieces in her life. It's a beautiful story.
Shannon Godwin
Nov 11, 2018 rated it really liked it
Let’s start by saying, this book is really good. Make sure you have a box of tissues! It’s a roller coaster of emotions. This book is about moving forward when your world has crumbled all around you. Very heart touching & emotional read for me.
Can’t wait for another book from this author!
Tracy Trixy
Nov 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wonderful story that’s very emotional! (You have been warned)
Brilliantly written book that explores what happens after an absolute tragedy.... and how you would go about picking up the pieces.
Wonderful characters from a very talented author!
Definitely would recommend a read :)
Rachel Barron
Nov 06, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Beautiful

This was a beautiful story. Not your usual love story. It’s about moving on and learning to find happiness when you have lost everything. Warning you’ll need your tissues!
Tammy
Nov 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This book will rip your heart out, make you do the "ugly cry" and then put it back together again. I definitely recommend this book and since this is my first book by this author I will have to look into what else she has! Just find a quiet place, grab a box of tissues and dive right in, you'll love it! Enjoy!!
Dana
Oct 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This was such an emotional read for so many reasons, but the most important one for me was the fact that it showed me that there is life after tragedy. How much can a human take? A lot!!! Life brings you down, you shove right back and make the best of what you’re left with. 100% recommend ❤ ...more
Pat
Nov 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This was one amazing read with the well written storyline that pulled me right in from the very first page and the characters were so well developed that I felt like I was peeking through a window watching as the story effortlessly unfolded between the characters!
Leah Dynes
Dec 05, 2018 rated it really liked it
Tobin loses his entire world in one fail swoop, and has no idea how she will recover from it. When she meets her husbands infamous cousin Keifer at his funeral, she is unimpressed. But while she’s trying to figure out how to survive day to day, Keifer becomes a center in her life, and she’s unsure how to deal with the way she’s feeling.

This book is an emotional read about loss, and moving on and surviving. I’d recommend this book.
OKbook Hoarder
Oct 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow..... That is one of the most beautiful stories I have read in a while... It has everything. Its, heartbreaking, funny, adventure, love, sadness, and best of all a happily ever after <3
Laura Knutson
Oct 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I found a new author

I took a chance when I saw this book but I loved it and can't wait to read more from her
Lori Hammons
Jan 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Tobin's story in heart-wrenchingly sad. When Keifer comes in to her life, she starts to see the sun again, slow but sure. I was drawn in and could not put this book down until it was done.
SD Jericho
Dec 03, 2018 rated it it was ok
This is a story of a woman’s journey to rebuilding, not only her life, but also herself, after losing what was the focus of her existence in a terrible and unnecessary tragedy.

I will be honest with you: At first, I wasn’t sure that I wanted to read this book. The cover is beautiful, but even in the beauty, I felt that there was a tone of sadness to it, especially once I read the title and then the blurb. I try to avoid books that will have specific triggers for me and from the blurb, I wasn’t s
Books 2 Blog
Apr 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
5 stars

This is one of those books that you simply fall in love with. It’s not the individual characters or the storyline that makes the book, but the authors writing style. The way she engages with the reader and makes them fell things just as her characters do, and see situations through their eyes. This book will pull at your heart strings and make you either thankful for the life you have or wake you up to what you could have. It was a very emotive read. It didn’t have the drama t
2OCC Reviews
Mar 23, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: jessica
The title of this book is something that really drew me in. It was a story about overcoming loss and learning to live again. This book encompasses every fear I have. I won’t do details but once you start you will know that I mean. There were times that I wanted to really feel the emotions that the author was trying to invoke in me but it seemed to fall flat. It was really fast paced and with book like this they need to be (at least for me) more drawn out. I’m not saying that that aspect made it ...more
Chrissi
May 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is a book that will punch you hard in the feels, make sure you have a large supply of tissues close at hand. A good read, in that it is written well, and perfect if you are needing a 'Beaches' moment- We all have that one movie, well this is the book version of that "one" movie.
Lofty
Nov 19, 2018 rated it liked it
Tobin is lost her husband Finn & daughter Easten when they died in the accident she was seriously hurt in. Keifer his cousin has returned home and is trying to help her. Gone is the life she had before but can she ever move on?
I voluntarily reviewed an advanced reader copy of this book.

• All That We Are
  • The Fall Before Flight
  • Heartbreak Warfare
  • Beneath His Stars (Stars Duet, #1)
  • Choosing Us (Pierced Hearts Duet, #1)
  • In Her Space (Stars Duet, #2)
  • Rewrite the Stars
  • Absolution
  • Choosing You (Pierced Hearts Duet, #2)
  • What He Never Knew (What He Doesn't Know, #3)
  • Cards of Love: The Sun
  • Eleanor & Grey
  • Tripping on a Halo
  • Letters to Molly (Maysen Jar, #2)
  • The Girl in the Painting
  • When Ashes Fall
  • On the Way Down (Retake Duet, #1)
  • A Place Without You
Krista Pakseresht has always been a dreamer, from the first time she opened her eyes. Creating worlds through words is one thing she is truly talented at. She specializes in Young adult/New adult romance, horror, action, fantasy, and non-fiction under the pen name Kira Adams.

She is the author of the Infinite Love series, the Foundation series, the Darkness Falls series, and the Looking