Start by marking “Scourge” as Want to Read:
Scourge

Scourge

Financially independent, biochemistry genius Stacy Romani grows up off the grid, while her Roma family takes advantage of her knowledge for their own gain.

Watching his family farm struggle, and traumatized by mass slaughter, Aatos Pires wants to heal animals but gets seduced by industry and goes to work for a big pharmaceutical company.

When Aatos’ co-worker Trinity cre
Published August 10th 2018 by Fiery Seas Publishing, LLC

To ask other readers questions about Scourge, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Scourge

Start your review of Scourge
Grady
Oct 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
‘She realized she was aware. Thinking. And therefore alive.’

Illinois author Charley Pearson retired after a career with the U.S. Navy, at the headquarters of the Naval Nuclear Propulsion Program, primarily overseeing chemical and radiological environmental remediation after the end of the Cold War, releasing closing facilities for unrestricted future use with EPA and state agreement. He now writes fiction – THE MARINATED NOTTINGHAM AND OTHER ABUSES OF THE LANGUAGE and SCOURGE.

Charley has that ra
Cat Nicolaou
Aug 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I must admit that I was a bit skeptical when I was asked to take part in the blog tour and review SCOURGE as I am not a big fan of medical thrillers. I am sorry but I just find the constant use of medical terminology boring and want to skip parts of the book. However, I agreed to read the book and fortunately, I didn't encounter the same problem with SCOURGE as with other novels in that genre.

Yes, we still get the terminology required --it is a medical thriller, after all-- but it is not boring
Gabriele Russo
Sep 20, 2018 rated it really liked it
This is a well researched and detailed medical thriller, that feels almost too real for comfort. Enjoyable, especially if you like feeling frustrated at the hubris of scientists, at plodding and gullible authorities, and at religious extremists. I know I do.
Karine Ward
Sep 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
Nail biting suspense, makes 'Scourge' a must read.
Well developed characters.
Unbelievable ending!
John Pearson
Sep 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The best book of the year.

Amazing. The level of research and understanding of several areas of science is unmatched in anything I've ever read. The ethical questions are equally complex and compelling. But those impressive accomplishments would be wasted if it hadn't been so well written. I recommend this book to everyone and hope they enjoy it as much as I did.
Kathleen Czech
Jan 07, 2019
Cindy
May 13, 2019
Charley
Aug 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
E