Start by marking “The King's Treasure: Prequel to the Romance Reigns Series” as Want to Read:
The King's Treasure: Prequel to the Romance Reigns Series

The King's Treasure: Prequel to the Romance Reigns Series

Young Cecilia Danet was introduced to the opulent world of royalty when she joined the court of King Louis XIV. Being groomed her whole life for the role of a courtesan prepared her for everything except the intense passion she felt with the brooding and powerful Louis. Their romance deepened, but an unexpected development upended her world, leaving her caught in the middl ...more
Kindle Edition
Published August 3rd 2018 (first published 2016)

To ask other readers questions about The King's Treasure, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The King's Treasure

Start your review of The King's Treasure: Prequel to the Romance Reigns Series
Kara
Jul 09, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance-novel
As a steamy, erotic romance, it’s a perfect example of total wish fulfillment.

The main character has a parent, a sibling, a lover, an in-law and a spouse all bowing to her every need and wish, along with a palace full of servants. Everyone around places her needs and wants as being of prime importance. She is grateful and amazed at every turn as pleasure, love and luxury fall into her lap, so as not to put the reader off by appearing spoiled or unappreciative, allowing the reader to delight in
Pat
Oct 12, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The great storyline and detailed characters made this book a very enjoyable and entertaining book to read!

I voluntarily reviewed an advanced reader copy of this book.
Atlanta Whitlock
I know that considering I write reviews for romance books you'd think that I'd be reading through every type of romance book but actually you couldn't be more wrong. This book is based on history romance, and I can honestly say that I am glad that I have had the opportunity to be able to read this book as yes it may not be what I have read in the past but it's a good story and I think that once you gave it a try for yourself then you will understand why I have come to like this book.

This is abou
Natalie Brock
Feb 11, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book was like Gigi meets Fifty Shades, but minus the BDSM.

Sun King is a beautiful, sexy novel filled with all the pomp and circumstance of the era. The descriptions were so evocative and visual that I felt like I was right there in the French ruler’s court. Thanks to the immediacy of the storytelling, I fell in love with the Sun King right along with Cecilia.

Although the love story (or should I say stories) turned out to be somewhat unorthodox and surprising, as a reader I rooted for the h
N.W. Moors
I was looking for a historical fiction book about Louis XIV and somehow grabbed this one. I should have looked closer because this is more a Man in the Iron Mask erotica story. It's not even particularly well written and certainly not historically accurate aside from getting a few names right.
I wanted to give it one star but felt that I should throw in the extra star since it was my own fault for buying it in the first place without investigating it first.
Beverley Eikli
Apr 07, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I was really drawn in by the author's beautiful descriptions of the court of King Louis XIV The Sun King, through the perceptions of the innocent Cecilia who was destined to become his mistress. As I tore through the pages, sizzling sexual tension became powerful and intensely erotic descriptions of the passionate encounters between the charismatic king and his favourite.

Sandra Kyle does a does a fantastic job of juxtaposing the restraint required by strict protocol with steaming scenes of wanto
Mary Ellen doValle
Jun 01, 2020
Connie
Sep 17, 2017
Sandra Kyle
Feb 07, 2016 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: my-works
The MFRW Book Place: 2 April 2017 - The Sun King 1 2 Apr 02, 2017 12:11AM
Goodreads Reviewe...: Review Request for Historical Romance 2 10 Jun 26, 2016 04:55AM

News & Interviews