Start by marking “Luci's Lullaby” as Want to Read:
Luci's Lullaby

Luci's Lullaby

4.67  ·  Rating details ·  110 Ratings  ·  91 Reviews
You know that old saying… He’s the next big thing.

Yeah, that was me. I was a rising star, and I couldn’t have been happier.

Fame, money, women at every turn. I had it all, until the day my world came crashing down.

I never fathomed this would be my life.

But here I am, a single dad at twenty-eight and I have no clue what I’m doing.

I pray every day I’m giving her the best life
Published October 4th 2018

Kate's Corner
Some would consider there to be a spoiler or two I don’t but anyhow you have been warned.
Characters & Chemistry.

We get a brief introduction of the MC when they go to high school but due to the heroine having to leave it is brief. Which is cute. I much preferred the teenaged Hero to the one we meet 13 years later.

So 13 years later…

Alden Beck has always wanted to sing ever since he was a teenager he finally achieves his goal but a tragic accident makes him lose his way. Did I like Alden? Not r
Jamie Ellis
Oct 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Mermaid kisses and starfish wishes.... "Sigh"

This book was beautifully written. I floved everything about it, angst, hot sex, sexy country singer man, and a flowing storyline.
Alden is a sexy as heck country singer trying to make it big. He's a player.....until he runs into his high school crush. She ruined him and his playboy ways. Just when everything is going good he gets some heart shattering news. It's time for him to grow up and be responsible.
Charlee was an amazing person. She's been in lo
Jenny
Sep 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This book! Leaona has done it again, she's made me have a total freak out, bust a leak in my eyes and had me falling in love with all the characters from her first book Cherry Grove all the way to the newcomers in this book.
🎵🎶🎼🎵🎶🎼
In Luci's Lullaby you get heartbreak, grief, lies, anger, sorrow, forgiveness, lust, unconditional love, sex and the characters witty banter. A beautiful cover, 2 POVs ,1 amazing book.
🎵🎶🎼🎵🎶🎼
Alden is a up and coming musician and we all know what goes with a band, groupi
Nancy Metsch
Oct 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book, but i usually love all that Leaona writes.
Alden is amazing I loved him from the start when he was in high school. True he was a player and he enjoyed himself. But at one point he needed to grow up. Then in the blink of an eye he gets the surprise of is life.
Charlee is someone I could actually see myself being friends with. I loved how dedicated she is to her family
Karen Sedgman
Oct 06, 2018 rated it really liked it
Another awesome story by Leaona Luxx! This story will pull at your heartstrings! Alden & Charlee's story was great with some ups and downs, and sadness with what Alden went through!
Teri
Sep 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I love this series of stories about this family and their friends that become family but this one starts off with a bomb and goes to the moon and back. This is a second chance type of read that has so many other elements thrown in, which of course not only this family but this author loves to do. We have a love they didn't know they shared, with two who have so much baggage it's ridiculous but it's also life. Without this family and the love they share with everyone connected to them in any way ...more
Crystal Gray
Oct 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Leaona sure knows how to rip out your heart! Wow. Just when you think it can't get more heartbreaking she throws something else at us. I thought Chord and Sarah's story was the hardest, but my goodness! I did love touching base with all the previous characters. Where this CAN be read as a stand alone, it brings in the rest of the family from her other books. I have not read them all and still love this group of friends. I recommend this book for sure!
Treasa
EMOTIONAL!❤HEARTFELT!❤POWERFUL!
A beautifully written read that will take everything from you but gives you do much more in return! An intense storm of emotions that will continue to sweep you off your feet penetrating you straight to your heart sending the words on repeat as you replay them in your mind trying to wrap your head around the breathtaking words you just read! You will cry your heart out, smile ear to ear and rinse repeat and do it all over again! Passionate sexy chemistry, sweet, mo
Ruby Ap.
Recommends it for: Everyone
Recommended to Ruby by: Been reading author's work for a while and liked it :)
This was such a roller-coaster ball of emotions type of story that will have you laughing, frustrated, crying, hurt, hoping and so much more.

Aiden and Charlee have known each other for so long, they're friends and Aiden was a playboy and Charlee knew that... until a tremendous tragedy rocks everyone's lives, leaving Aiden with taking care of his brother's newborn daughter, Luci (his niece) and has to change his lifestyle and Charlee's there to help like always.

Some things happen that changes eve
Reckless Readers
Oct 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This author always gives you best down to earth romances with the family playing a huge part. Yet the anguish is what always stands out the most. If might be because she destroys you're heart. Gah I bawled by eyes out only 1/4 the way in.
Charlee is so full of life. She has a huge heart but has always wanted that one guy she met as a teenager.
Alden takes a bit to warm up to. He's pretty closed off to everyone that isn't in his close circle of friends.
Now these two are explosive together. It's a
Michele McMullen
Shelves: arc
Alden and Charlee. Get ready for another fantastic ride filled with every emotion that your heart can withstand.
Charlee has always had a crush on the handsome Alden but his player ways have always kept her at a distance. They went to the same high school but were not sweethearts. Years later a country bar an attraction that cannot be denied but she refuses to be a notch in his bedpost. Alden realizes that he needs to prove himself and will not risk loosing Charlee .Then Luci is placed into the m
Tish Cocktails & Fairytales
This was my first book by this author and she blew me away!! This one definitely tugged at my heartstrings. It was emotional and funny and sexy. A real page turner
Doreen
Oct 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Luci's Lullaby by Leaona Luxx is better than a bedtime story! This book definitely did not put me to sleep! I stayed awake into the early hours of the morning devouring this book. The main characters, Alden and Charlee are as unforgettable as their story. Add in a precious baby girl, a couple twists of fate and some truly touching moments...and you'll absolutely need a box of tissues. Luci's Lullaby is amazing, breathtaking, phenomenal, emotional, funny, sexy perfection. Needless to say, I adore ...more
Jill Badker
Oct 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Leaona again you amaze me!! Alden has lost a lot of people in his life, but was lucky enough to have Luci brought into his life and heart. Charlee has had a crush on Alden since high school and never expected to see him again, but fate has other plans for them.
This is a very well written story about how no matter what plans you have for you life there are sometimes curves and humps you have to get through before you can find yourself and the one or everybody you are supposed to spend your life
michelle Shelly
Sep 30, 2018 rated it really liked it
3.5 Stars.

This was my first book by this author and thought I didn’t love it I did enjoy it. I was expecting something a little different from the blurb but i think I liked this better.
Charlee has had a crush on Alden since high school and when she came face to face with him years later she still felt the butterflies. What starts out as a one night stand turns out to be so much more when Alden suddenly becomes guardian of his niece.
This is really a great story and the writer did a phenomenal jo
Sally Wareham
Wow where do i begin
....what an excellent read this was just couldn't put.it down. For me it.was an emotional read but still loved it all the same. Leaona you smashed it and deserve all the recognition and praise in the world ....
AJ
Sep 29, 2018 rated it really liked it
Just finished my early copy of this book. I really liked it. The author did a great job of creating believable characters as they fight their personal demons on their way to their HEA.
I was surprised at how badly Alden fell
apart. He is a wonderfully broken hero and it made him feel that much more real. Charlee has her own issues and as she struggled through them I felt like I could really understand her as well.
Definitely a story full of painful emotions, but also of friendships and love and
Diane Norwood
Oct 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The best book yet, written by Leaona! Alden and Charlee's story was so raw and real. The heartbreak that Alden has to go through, not just once but several times just grips your heart and you want to do nothing but cry and reach out to him. This story has all the feels that an amazing book needs. It keeps you reading, needing more.
Jeanne
Sep 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Alden’s music career is taking off and he is having fun sleeping his way through groupies. Charlee had a huge crush on Alden in high school, admiring from hiding or at a distance. One night together breaks her heart and wakes his, but he screws it up. Then after a horrible tragedy, Alden finds himself as a single father, sinking into desperation. Charlee can help as a friend, right? This is a story of learning to love and trust after a life of distrust and loss. Also finding one’s own worth.
Katie Jones
Sep 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Leaona never ceases to surprise me with her capability of writing beautiful books. This book is just another notch in her belt and she should be extremely proud of it. I cried my eyes out in numerous parts of the book and felt my heart break as well. Make sure to have tissues with you when you read this! All I will say, is Alden and Charlee are saints along with all of their friends/family.
BookAddict
Oct 04, 2018 rated it it was ok
This book is a diamond in the rough. Very rough. There will definitely be spoilers in my review, so if that bothers you, skip down to the last paragraph. It may be best to break this down into what I liked and what just didn’t work for me. First, what I liked:

• The main characters. Alden and Charlee were well thought out, complex, flawed and believable.
• The plot and storyline. I loved the idea of the main characters having met in high school and being reacquainted years later, and the new, sin
Danielle R (Spellbound Stories)
"Do you feel this, the way my heart beats for you? I've waited all my life for this kind of rhythm."

description

I love Leaona Luxx’s books. She’s an extremely talented author whose books I one-click without question. Leaona Luxx has the ability to draw a reader in by layering a compelling plot, realistic and loveable characters, passion, intrigue and so much more. Leaona Luxx’s books never fail to leave me glued to my seat and she manages to pull a range of emotions from me with each new book. Not only
Dany Matthews
Oct 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Do you ever scroll through your kindle and see a ton of books by the same author, and just think "Here we go," and dive in? I knew Luci's Lullaby was releasing this week, and I had so many to catch up on, so that's what I did. Dove in, head first.
I ended up binge reading both The Cove Series and the Highway 17 series, in a week. 9 books in 7 days. I'm still in a kind of book-hangover- induced- fog and can't decide if I am in Georgia or North Carolina. If you ask me where I work, I might actuall
JoAnna G
Oct 02, 2018 rated it liked it
I am giving this book 3 stars because it has so much potential.

This is my first book by this an author and while I loved the plot the book fell a bit flat for me. I honestly did not feel what you are supposed to feel between a couple. I wanted to truly love this book but I just couldn't. It had so much potential, but some key things were missing. I know what I am reading is an ARC so maybe edits will fix it. I was confused reading it. It jumps around and at times the timeline doesn't make sense
G ‘_heartbooked’
Oct 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I have mixed emotions about this book. I was sad and hurting for the hero, then I was fuming I wanted to karate chop someone, then swoooooooon at times, there were also some parts I may not have 50/50 feelings about. BUT I have a couple of things I love the most about this book.

“The way you love her, is a thing of beauty”...

1. The love you read about in this book is beautiful. And hurtful. And lasting. And sometimes shaky. The love between brothers. Between friends. Between mother and daughter.
Amy
Oct 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Luci’s Lullaby is another fantastic book by Leaona Luxx. Not only is the cover insanely gorgeous but the story is so beautiful. It is steamy, it’s fully heartbreak, loss, love and everything in between. Definitely have your tissues ready because you will need them!

Alden and Charlee bumped into each other while in high school, and I mean that in the literal sense. Charlee, though two grades ahead of Alden, had a massive crush on him. She would watch him play his guitar and sing down the river. Sh
Lisa Hemming
Sep 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
“I would be lying if I said that I could live this life without you.”
-Brett Young

You will always remember your first love even if you never got the chance to tell them how you felt. Sometimes fate gives you a second chance and a teenage crush can lead to a connection you never knew existed.

Music soothes the soul and Alden has fond memories of playing his guitar down by the river, writing songs and thinking about his future. Now he plays in bars and clubs and is waiting for his big break, while
Nora Flood-Houston
Oct 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Have you ever read a book that touches your heart? Well this one will! There were times while reading this book that my heart physically ached . Such sadness and pain. Alden and Charlee knew each other as teenagers. Charlee was in love with him and Alden didn’t understand the feelings he had when he looked at her. When Alden and Cyd’s life becomes irrevocably changed Charlee’s Is also changed. Charlee is moving from West Virginia to Cherry Grove so her uncle can help them while her mother is und ...more
Kaye
Oct 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
ONE MAGNIFICENT READ!!!
Wow! Talk about killing it from the start. Man, this is one read you do not want to miss. This bad boy has it all! A whirlwind of emotions to sort through that come in all forms of heartache. You have loss, saddness, grief, heartbreak to name a few. You might want to grab some tissue. Yes, I'm not afraid to admit it, I cried. Don't judge. All the twists and turns, excitement, deceit, lies, along with selfishness that throws everything in chaos. You have all the drama and s
Kelly
Oct 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The one thing you can count on when you read a Leaona Luxx story is that she will get you in the heart every time!  This holds true for her newest release Luci's Lullaby.  With every word that Leaona writes, it is like she is giving you a piece of herself.  I feel like her characters are part of her extended family and she is their momma.  Whenever life knocks you down, you can always count on momma to pick you back up again.

What started as two teenagers running into each other in the school ha
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Leaona, also known as Lea, lives with her husband, cat and two dogs near Myrtle Beach. She was born and raised in WV by her parents whom she adores before attending Marshall University. A small business owner and mother of three, she enjoys Carolina Panthers and Marshall University Football, reading, writing, gardening, crafts, NASCAR, TWD, hot rods, and surf fishing.

Leaona was inspired to write w