Start by marking “Keeping 13 (Boys of Tommen, #2)” as Want to Read:
Keeping 13 (Boys of Tommen, #2)

Keeping 13

(Boys of Tommen #2)

His first, last, and only true love has always been rugby.
Until now.

Following a devastating injury that has left him sidelined and stripped of his beloved number 13 jersey, Johnny is struggling to hold onto his dreams. Lost, insecure, and desperately seeking comfort, he sets his sights on unraveling the mystery of the girl with the midnight-blue eyes. With his best friend,
938 pages
Published November 26th 2018

To ask other readers questions about Keeping 13, please sign up.
Jessica Louise books Pretty sure there will be. No, there has to be. No other option.
…more
Pretty sure there will be. No, there has to be. No other option.
(less)

Start your review of Keeping 13 (Boys of Tommen, #2)
Val ⚓️ Shameless Non-Snowflake ⚓️
So this was long...way too long...and sometimes really tedious as a result...but I still LOVED it.

Did I mention it was long?
And sometimes tedious?

Cause it was.

There were so many unnecessary scenes...
SO many superfluous conversations...
SO many blue Val balls...

But you know what?

description

Cause I adored this thing.

In the end, I adored all the unnecessary scenes. Because, yes, while they weren't really intrinsic as far as plot and character-building went, I loved spending more time with these characters
Phuong ✯
1825 pages, 150 chapters and many many tears later .... THE HIGH RATINGS FOR THIS SERIES ARE REAL AND I'M 100% ONE THIS HYPE TRAIN!

WARNING: This review contains a lot of screaming, crying, fangirling and mental breakdowns. Be prepared for a rollercoaster of emotions.

SONG RECOMMENDATION:
Family Portrait - P!nk
Bruises - Lewis Capaldi
Jane - Picture This
Hurt - Christina Aguilera
Breath Me- Sia

The reason why this book (and series in general) deserves all these 5 stars is because it has HEART. It h
Arini ~ Miss Casually Reading

#1 Binding 13 — 4 Stars
#2 Keeping 13 — 4.5 Stars

Honest to God, no one should go about their days on this planet without ever experiencing this book. It was indescribaly good. Now I’m an emotional wreck. I want to cry so hard and drown in my own tears until the next book comes out and pulls me into yet another angsty roller coaster ride.

At this point, the romance is probably the least of my concerns. Not bcs it’s done very poorly. It actually peels off a whole lot of layers about first love
EmBibliophile
Mar 23, 2020 rated it it was amazing
5 stars

Woah This book has more words than the freakin oxford dictionary!

You know you’re invested and in love when you stop counting pages and start counting moments. When you read 900+ pages and never once feel bored. When your hands became numb from being unable to put the book down. When you start feeling glad that you’re stuck home with this book and nothing is going to separate you. When you turn dramatic and start writing a cringy review because you’re in love!

However, if someone asked me w
vee
(4 - 4.5)

'I was honest to god over Bella Wilkinson and every other mean girl that had targeted me from the age of three to now. What I'd endured this past year; burying my parents, losing my home, almost losing my brother to drugs, almost losing my life, it had changed me. I was different now, stronger, and she couldn't hurt me because I refused to hand that kind of power over to her or anyone else.
All the fear? I pushed it off my shoulders like a blanket, letting it fall away from my body, a
mel ☽
"I love you... a crazy fucking amount," she whispered...
"I love you too-" my voice cracked... "Most in the world."

you know those type of long ass books where you're satisfied but you still want more? yeah, that's how i feel reading this book and it's rare for me to feel this way. it's a perfect contradiction, really.

i don't know what to say but JUST. READ. THIS. BOOK. it's perfect. it literally has everything i never knew i needed. it's long because it has a lot of showing than telling.
 ❦Oumaima❦
Jul 24, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 5-stars, favorites
ALL THE STARS IN THE WHOLE WIDE WORLD!!

Okay so what do i say and how do i begin to explain the perfection that is this book.

This book broke me to tiny little pieces, and put me back together.

I just spent at least two hours crying non stop, and i have no tears left to cry. I feel so empty. But i have no regrets, in fact i wish the book was even longer, even if at moments it felt like my heart was being ripped out of my chest and stomped on repeatedly💔
I don’t care, it was all worth it!

I’m e
Bookadmirer
Sep 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book is very long, I mostly get irritated when the author makes their book unnecessary long but this wasn't the case for this book. Even though it's lengthy I enjoyed every bit of it.

The only thing bothers me that Hughie cheats on his girlfriend but it's not a part of this book so I let it slide.

Other than that it's just fantastic.
ApoorvaReads
Feb 13, 2021 rated it it was amazing
4.75 stars⭐️⭐️

“That's how you make me feel," she whispered, blue eyes burning their way right down to my soul. "Better. Alive. Free. Safe. Important. I feel like I can breathe for the first time in days and that's only because you're here – because I’m with you.”

I feel like my review or anything I say can’t bring justice to this book. Sometimes you start a book and finish it but it doesn’t call out to you or make you feel. This book wasn’t that. This book was so so close to perfection. It had pa
Chloe Walsh
Nov 27, 2018 added it  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: my-books
Keeping 13 is LIVE :)
Lau Novas
This review is spoiler free (both books 1 & 2)

❤️🌟ALL THE STARS IN THE UNIVERSE & BEYOND!!🌟❤️

I loved the first book, but this one was another level of love. It has stolen my heart, my soul, and I can’t stop smiling because it made me so happy!!

“You smell like home.”

Shivering, I curled my body around hers and pressed a kiss to the curve of her jaw. “You are home”

Keeping 13 is going directly to my all time favourite books, next to my beloved From Lukov With Love. Yes, it's that good. I wan
tiffany
Feb 20, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2021-favorites
this by far is the longest book i've read so far this year, but it honestly doesn't feel like it because IT WAS JUST SO GOOD. yes, 900+ pages is hella long, but when you have a story as beautiful as thing one, who cares about the page count ??! this was just a rollercoaster of emotions, and i enjoyed every second of it. i'm sad that 13 has come to an end, but we get 6's book next, and i'm SO excited. i've fallen in love with all the characters, and i can't wait to see what chloe walsh has in min ...more
TJ ☾
Feb 19, 2021 rated it it was amazing
"You're my little darling," he slurred. "My whole heart's inside of ya."

description

God I need a light read after this bc this was tugging on me heart strings!! It hit me in the feels so much harder than the first one shiii I was a mess and sobbing at multiple points (view spoiler)
Sophie "Beware Of The Reader"
5 addictive stars all along!

OK here is the deal: I read these two books in a row while I had several ARCs to read and much awaited books coming in my mailbox.

Whomever recommended these books to me (Yes Sarah J Penas I blame you lady!) on my FB page will have to address all complaints by PR agencies if I fail to meet my commitments regarding ARCs!

Kidding Sara relax, I will manage.

Chloe Walsh was a totally new author to me. I had never heard about her.

She managed to write two contemporary
Bee
4 STARS

This book was horribly, heartbreakingly sad. Oh my, did the second half make me cry. Ms. Walsh really knocked it out the park with them feels... sigh.

Now, the second book is a lot better than the first one; the characters were better, the banter, the humour, the family and friend scenes, everything was better. I really thought that no one could rival Krista and Becca Ritchie when it comes to the found-family-trope but Chloe Walsh said HOLD MY BEER.

And that is essentially why I loved thi
Izzy ♡ boom, boom, fucking boom
(oh shit, tommen college just got a whole lot more fun and i'm so exciteeeeed!!!!)
edit: I forgot to mention- Bebo!!! Omg 😭 and Johnny asking to be Shannon's other half AAAAH

I don't know where to start with this book... I don't have much to say that hasn't already been said by so many people. This book had so much heart, and it has my heart- it and the characters within it. I got up to 89% about a month ago but didn't want to finish the last 11% because I never wanted it to end!!

I have two series
Carla Bulian
Feb 24, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This book took my breath away!
I LOVED IT.
Maida»-(¯`v´¯)-»

RATING: 5 'For Keeps' HEARTS! <3

Just like its predecessor, Keeping 13 is the perfect amalgamation of sweet young love, equally heart-trending and uplifting emotions, and a cast of memorable characters that shine as brightly on their own as they do when in a group. Additionally, Ms. Walsh’s ability to write a slow burn that is perfectly paced and effortless in its romantic transitions made this read all the more appealing.

"Keep that pretty head of yours up, Shannon like the river."

Ov
Seline
Jul 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing
AMAZING BOOK!!
I WAS IN TEARS THROUGHOUT THE WHOLE BOOK.

Everything i mean everything was amazing. I can’t wait for Joey’s book.
I don’t have anything to say other than that because I’m still trying to take in how this book and the first made me feel. I was up the whole night trying to read as much as I can because I could not PUT THIS BOOK DOWN. All I know is I want more from this series I need to know what happens to all the characters.
Kim
Oh sweet lord, I made it through 1800 pages of Johnny and Shannon’s love story. It was so good.

Johnny is probably the sweetest and cutest boy ever and if you haven’t read these books yet then you are missing out on a lot. A. Lot.
Paula White
Dec 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favourites
All the stars!!! This book had everything, one minute it had you tearing up and the next chuckling with humour. There were so many emotions in this book and the story telling was amazing, you felt everything along with the characters.

Love love love Johnny, Shannon, Joey, Gibsie, the brothers and all the others - the only one I didn’t like was Bella! I can’t wait to read more of this series.

You MUST read Binding 13 before reading this one. This one starts with a bang of emotion and keeps deliveri
michayla
Aug 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing
holy.hell i need to gather my thoughts & feelings before i can comprehend how to express myself on how i felt about this. this was 938 pages of pure gold & i just can’t explain how much i loved it.

pls read @phuong’s review! it sincerely does this book justice

some form of rtc.
Karlie (cozyreadsandtea)
Nov 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
*4.5 stars
Ahh so good 😌 although the second to last 30% of the book was a little let down compared to the first half
KC Leigh
5+ Mind-Blowing STARS!

And the award for Best Book of 2018 goes to…*drum roll please*

KEEPING 13!!!

description

Seriously, this book and Binding 13 are my TOP favorite reads of the year. Actually, I’m fairly confident in saying that they are my favorite books of ALL TIME. And I don’t toss around that term lightly because I have loads of favorite books and read around 150 to 200 books a year, but the Boys of Tommen have blown every other one of my favorites clear out of the water.

description

It’s taken me awhile to write u
booksara
Re-read Feb 2021: 5 stars ✨

I’m crying. I don’t want to leave this world. I literally just finished it and I want to read it again!

PLEASE READ IT.
ITS LONG AS FCK BUT ITS SO WORTH IT.

_______

Original Review Sep 2020: 5 stars ✨

OMFG THIS WAS AMAZING!!!! SO WORTH IT!!! AND SO MUCH BETTER THAN THE FIRST ONE! (even though the first one it’s pretty good)

I don’t know where to begin. I’m not a super fan of long ass books and I usually don’t read them twice, it’s just not me. But istg I could read this
Rachael*Caribbean*girl*bibliophile
Spoilers ahead,3.5*

This was wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy too long, I mean seriously
Lots of teenage angst snd back and forth
I really hoped that Shannon wouldn't have needed saving so much in this one, for me, when reading about victims of abuse I always want to see the turnaround moment, that moment where they rake back their power and say enough is enough and I didn't get that here
Johnny was better than 95% of adult heroes in today's romance world, the way he loved and supported her was a thing of be
Heather❀Kiss The Pages❀
A TOP FAVORITE OF ALL TIME!

✦ YA/NA romance with high school characters in a Prep school Irish setting

✦ A rising rugby star hero with the sexy arrogance and charisma that comes with being one of the best players in the country

✦ The sweetness, awkwardness and sexual anticipation of young love

✦ Johnny "fucking" Kavanagh and his Shannon like the river are now one of my favorite couples of all time! Johnny is an alpha with a fierce need to protect Shannon. He is a bulldozer with a heart of gold and h
Villains Do It Better
4.5 Stars

Well, I guess I'm on the waiting train for Joey's book like everybody else now. Super fun place to be 🙃
Jam
Still flawless but damn....

Now this book gutted me. GUTTED ME. Jesus christ so much went on here. Just heartbreaking shit really.

I almost want to say too much? No, can't commit to that because it was so well written that even the horrible parts were great.

And while I loved the slow burn of the first book, this one almost felt like it dragged a little bit. That being said, maybe it's a good thing it did because we got a shit ton of just cute Shannon and Johnny content to enjoy and I can't complai
Catherine Nicole
5 stars

Wow this book was such an emotional rollercoaster.. Definitely one of my favorite reads this year. Can't wait for the rest of this series, gibsie is one of my favorites.. I really hope him and Claire get a book.

• First and Forever (Heartache Duet, #2)
  • Heartache and Hope (Heartache Duet, #1)
  • Heartless (The Privileged of Pembroke High, #1)
  • Playing with Fire
  • The Maddest Obsession (Made, #2)
  • Hidden River Three (Hidden River Academy, #3)
  • The Sweetest Oblivion (Made, #1)
  • The Favor
  • A Place Without You
  • The Darkest Temptation (Made, #3)
  • The Not-Outcast
  • Surviving Carson
  • Broken Empire (Boys of Oak Park Prep, #3)
  • Unbreakable (Haven Falls #6)
  • Finding Fate (Peyton's Path, #1)
  • The Lie (Kings of Linwood Academy #2)
  • Tormented Part II (Elginvale High #2)
  • Ugly Girl (Aston Creek High #1)
International bestselling author Chloe Walsh writes heart wrenching, emotionally gripping, young and new adult fiction. Her books will suck you into deeply emotive storylines, where you'll fall in love with the complex, sexy heroes, hilarious sidekicks, and lovable female leads. Every adventure with Chloe is an angsty plot designed to give you the ultimate book hangover.

Chloe hails from a small t

Boys of Tommen (4 books)
  • Binding 13 (Boys of Tommen #1)
  • Saving 6 (Boys of Tommen #3)
  • Claiming 10 (Boys of Tommen #4)

News & Interviews