Start by marking “The King (A Wicked Trilogy #3.6)” as Want to Read:
The King (A Wicked Trilogy #3.6)

The King

(A Wicked Trilogy #3.6)

From #1 New York Times and USA Today bestselling author Jennifer L. Armentrout comes the next installment in her Wicked series.

As Caden and Brighton's attraction grows despite the odds stacked against a happily ever after, they must work together to stop an Ancient fae from releasing the Queen, who wants nothing more than to see Caden become the evil Prince once feared by
Kindle Edition, 1001 Dark Nights #106, 198 pages
Published July 23rd 2019 by Evil Eye Concepts, Incorporated

To ask other readers questions about The King, please sign up.
Trish R. When I have to wait a year for a novella I don't bother with that authors books/novellas. It's bad enough when I have to wait 6 months. I refuse to wa…moreWhen I have to wait a year for a novella I don't bother with that authors books/novellas. It's bad enough when I have to wait 6 months. I refuse to wait a year. There's enough to read out there that I don't have to wait. BUT some readers will wait forever just to read one persons book. I sure don't get it.(less)

Start your review of The King (A Wicked Trilogy #3.6)
Lori Dunn
Oct 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
If this book is even half as good as the Wicked trilogy and the first novella The Prince then it will be well worth these 5 stars. The Prince left us in an OMG place and I for one can't wait for the continued story of Caden and Brighton. I am hoping that The King picks up immediately where The Prince ended.

7/13/19--- well I just officially finished this book and my first reaction was OMG you didn't Jennifer, how could you? This book totally lived up to the hype and surpassed it. I went back and
Jen ♥Star-Crossed Book Blog♥
The King was action packed, emotional and there was even more sexual tension between Brighton and Caden *fans face*. When I finished that last page, I was shocked again that I read a novella. At almost 200 pages, there was so much packed into this book and I even found myself crying because I was so emotionally invested. The King was definitely a phenomenal follow up to The Prince! So if you're a fan of The Wicked Trilogy, fae or Jennifer Armentrout then you have to pick this one up!
The
Sentranced Jem
Aug 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc-2019
Such a thrilling read!
There is a reason why this author is one of my go-to authors!
The King was so worth all that excitement. King and Caden are omg 😍🤤
This book was jam packed with so much goodness that it's hard to believe it's a novella yet things aren't rushed or chaotic at all.

I can't wait to read more!
Stacie
Jul 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
5 "This book should be retitled BRIGHTON." Stars!

Wow, wow, wow! does this novella pack a punch! It leaves you satisfied, yet craving more. This is a must read for fans of the Wicked Trilogy- now turned saga. I don't think this is a standalone.

I don't want to say much, but here it is:
1. This was surprisingly dark.
2. Though Brighton started off on my nerve, she has earned my utmost respect.
3. Caden need to learn to share his thoughts.
4. I cannot wait for The Queen. A WHOLE FREAKING YEAR! That
Jasmine
***Actual Rating: 5/5 Brighton-ing Stars***

Okay, before I start fangirling over The King (Ha! Pun intended!), I’d like to admit some trivial stuff. First of all, The King is book #3.6 in the Wicked Trilogy, which was published several years ago (even earlier than my discovery of Jennifer L. Armentrout for the first time); thus, it’s understandable that I haven’t heard or read the series yet. Even though I’ve seen it somewhere, sometimes, the trilogy just never piqued my interest enough to al
TheBibliotheque ♡
Jul 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2019-faves
"I feel more awake than I have in centuries."

Oh Caden, you've stolen the words from my lips.

To say I'm obsessed would be putting it lightly. The Prince and The King are far, faaaar, better than the Wicked trilogy and hell, I don't even know what to do with myself until next year.
Larissa Ione
Oct 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This was an intense read, a difficult read at times...which is precisely why it was so damned good. It tugged at my emotions and nearly had me in tears. The heroine is strong beyond belief, the hero hotter than hell and so protective I was melting. A solid read and now I can't wait for the next book in the series. Jennifer Armentrout has become an auto-buy for me!
Nadine
Jul 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arcs
The King picks up after the events of The Prince. Brighton is still hell bent on getting revenge and Caden, now the King, is determined to keep her safe.

What I enjoy most about these novellas is Brighton as a character. She’s the perfect mix of a capable badass while not letting her skills define her as a person. Watching her grow from the character she was in the original trilogy to who she is at the end of this novella has been a journey to say the least.

Brighton and Caden’s chemistry is spicy
Alexandra
Jul 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2019
I received an e-ARC in exchange for an honest review. Review can be found on *Milky Way of Books*

Following the events of the first tie-in novella, The Prince, I truly didn't expect an e-book so small to inflict so much PAIN and FEELS! Brighton and Caden, now King of the Fae, fall between duty, love, and secrets as the threat rises in the world of the Courts and the Order needs desperately help. Now there isn't much action here and there are some scenes that might cause disturbing images to form,
Sephia Giaracuni
Jun 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Ahh that cliffhanger! It’s I shame I have to wait for the last book, I’m seriously wondering how Brighton is going to react.
mandy ❤
4 'You are my everything' Stars!

*ARC provided in exchange for honest review.*

The King starts off two weeks after the end of The Prince. We see Brighton dealing with the aftermath of Caden pushing her away even after all they've shared. Caden being in his new position of power prevents him from being with her. As a reader, that's a pretty obvious conclusion. But our lovely Brighton thinks otherwise. In this installment, she really has a hard time believing that Caden ever truly wanted her at all.
micolreads
Feb 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing
The sequel novella of The Prince starts with a blast, you don’t have time to think, only to know what’s happening. We follow Bri and Caden, my new favorite couple from Jen’s books, as they fight against an old enemy. This book was a lot more mature, had a lot of difficult themes, and a few scenes were even crude (perfect for the type of book in my opinion). I finished it in a day, I had to know how Bri and Caden’s relationship was going to go and I couldn’t wait to see a few characters again.

Fi
Maria Naydenova
Jul 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing

Wow! Holy fae babies, everywhere. What a kingly way to get back in this world once again. I’m starting to fall head over heels in love with these characters and I need more!

This story was so unexpected and a bit bordering on the dark side, but I loved the way it managed to surprise me and all the emotions it gave me even though it was just a novella. Sigh, how I wish this was a full-length novel. I really fell under the spell of this magical fae world and didn’t want to leave it.

The
Kris (frantic4romantic)
Feb 14, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: jla-reads
This was a fantastic continuance to Brighton & Caden’s story. It was twisted and cruel. The writing was on point, as always. The incredible strength shown by Brighton in this book was admirable and shed a new light on her as a character. I have a new appreciation for her.

All this book really did was make me want to read the next one, so I guess it did it’s job.
Nancy The book junkie
Jul 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: ebooks-i-own, arcs
Rating: 4.5/5

I must start with how speechless I was left when I finished this book. You have to understand that for some unknown reason when I first started the book, I thought it was a duology… so you can imagine my mindset when I realized their was no way the plot was resolved at the end of the book. I was devastated to think I’ll have to wait another year to know the ending, but nothing new I’m pretty much devastated every time I must wait for Jen’s next book!

This second installment start rig
Amy
Jul 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
“He kissed–God, he kissed like a man starving. He kissed as if he were going to devour me, and I wanted that. I needed it. It was all I could think about. Or maybe I wasn’t thinking at all. Instead, I was feeling. I was just letting myself feel.”

“Now, you’re seen, and you’re heard. You stand up for yourself. You’re living. They did take a lot from you, Brighton. Your mother. Your contentment. But it also seems like you gained a lot. Not from them, but from yourself.”

“You are my strength. My sun.
Sana Zameer
Would have given it more stars but the events in this felt repetitive and very much alike as in the original Wicked Trilogy.
Misha Carlstedt Robinson
Jul 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The King was an action-packed continuation of Brighton and Caden’s story. I have so much respect for Brighton, and I was in awe of her strength in this installment. Brighton does not give herself enough credit; she is a complete badass. Her need for vengeance did cause her to make some poor choices, but I understood how that need could not be ignored. Caden positively melted my heart. I was sympathetic to the demands placed on him by being king. Although he had a few missteps, he more than made ...more
AJ
4.5 ‘holy freaking fae’ stars!

Wow! JLA has taken us on a wildly intense ride with this book, and I was captivated!

As part of the 1001 Dark Nights collection, this book is publicised as a standalone. It’s not. At all. Not only is it a spin-off from the Wicked series, but it’s a direct continuation of The Prince, and it has a cliffhanger of its very own, with another book to come. So despite assurances to the contrary, don’t try to read this one on its own. And if it’s been a while since you’ve re
Yvette ~ Nose Stuck in a Book
Not knowing The Prince had a cliffhanger at the end just about killed me so I feel like I have to note that The King doesn’t wrap up Caden and Brighton’s story. Considering the next novella is already available to pre-order, I don’t think that’s a spoiler (or at least I hope it isn’t). It definitely helped to know that there would be a third installment to follow The King, especially after that jaw-dropping ending. But I’m getting ahead of myself…

When we last left Caden and Brighton, Caden had j
Rebecca
Aug 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Even though I don’t get to read that many paranormal romances anymore, due to my blogging and editing schedule, I’ll always be the first in line to read and to get wicked when Jennifer L. Armentrout releases one.

Armentrout’s Wicked trilogy illustrates the good and evil that comes with power and how the crown has the ability to both restore and destroy, especially when there are those who want the King to become their dark and dangerous minion instead of the lasting light so many others crave.

R
Jypsy
Jul 29, 2019 rated it really liked it
I received a complimentary copy.
All opinions expressed are my own.

*Review*
I'm new to Jennifer Armentrout, so I had no idea what to expect. I do wish I had read The Prince first because reading this story forward instead of backwards would obviously be better. Still, The King was an excellent read with depth I didn't expect for a novella. Brighton is a substantial character with so much strength and resilience. She's an underestimated woman, as women often are, but there's no quit in this girl.
Amalia
May 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing
OH MY GOD!!!

Some parts of the novella were absolutely painful to digest but the gift of a forthcoming and honest Caden at the end of it was... totally worth it. I hate to say it, but it was just so good, sigh. Also, I don't know what this admission makes me, but I must admit it all the same- I LOVED THE NOVELLAS MORE THAN THE ACTUAL TRILOGY!!!!! <3

I just love Caden, OMG. Can't believe I actually hated him once upon a time, but dude, I have forgiven him for things he did that he had no control ov
Esmée
Aug 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
Seriously, another novella that ends in a cliffhanger?! WHY are all three novellas not just one book? It doesn’t make sense to make me wait A YEAR for basically the final chapters of the story.
Anjie
Jul 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2019
I'm throwing a tantrum. I'm actively throwing a tantrum right now. HOW COULD SHE DO THIS TO ME?!?!? A CLIFFHANGER and A YEAR until the next novella. Just kill me now. This was so so so goooood and I can't believe it's over but not over.
Skye ~ Court of Binge Reading
***Thank you to the author for sending me a copy to read and review in exchange for an honest review***

The King is the second installment in the Wicked series. This book picks up right after the events of The Prince. Brighton is still determined to get revenge for her mother and herself. Meanwhile, Caden vehemently opposes Brighton hunting Aric.

I really enjoyed this novella. Brighton is such a fierce heroine. She doesn’t let other people’s opinions limit her. Instead, she fights to show people t
Bree Howland
Jul 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wow... this was actually intense to read.

It's been a long time since I read the Wicked Trilogy as well as The Prince, but Jennifer proved again how amazing of an author she is. Everything came back with simple little prompts and comments in The King and it was so amazing to fall back into this world.

Seriously, Caden and Brighton are absolutely amazing together and I loved seeing favorite characters from past books. Tink is still amazing. I love him.

And that cliffhanger... yeah, fkn watch it. Tha
Maroua Zaatour
Oct 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Now that was a long sleepless night all right, but it was absolutely worth it 😍
I said this before: Jennifer L. Armentrout is one of the very few authors that can make me read for hours on end, even past my bed time. And she keeps growing on me with each book 💗
This book was totally awesome! Ugh, now how am I to wait until the release of the last book? I've got a lot of questions that need to be answered ASAP 😅
Kaylanii of The Court of Dreams
SCREAMING!!!!! Holy shhhhiieeeeet.

Way to drop some bombs in this book and drown me in multiple cliff hangers! My heart can't handle this?!?!?! I have to wait till July 2020......to find out what hell is going to happen?!?! Someone steady me.....I feel a catastrophic book hangover ready to consume me.😭😭

What the hell is in store for Brighton and Caden.... Next book is going to be insane I can feel it!!!!!
Marty
Aug 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I can't believe I have to wait a whole year for the next book to come out! This book was amazing. Some of it was hard to read and I felt really bad for Brighton through most of the book but the ending gave me all the feels and the twist at the end is something I can't wait to be explored in the next book.
The End! (Spoiler Alert) 1 2 Apr 08, 2020 05:04PM
New Adult Book Club: August NON-Contemporary Group Read ~ The King by Jennifer L. Armentrout 1 32 Aug 01, 2019 12:48PM

• Dream of You (Wait for You, #4.5)
  • Unchained - Nephilim Rising
  • Sanctum (Blackwater Pack, #1)
  • Tempting the Player (Gamble Brothers, #2)
  • Tempting the Bodyguard (Gamble Brothers, #3)
  • Tempting the Best Man (Gamble Brothers, #1)
  • The Bridge Kingdom (The Bridge Kingdom, #1)
  • A King So Cold
  • A Touch of Darkness (Hades & Persephone, #1)
  • Scorched (Frigid, #2)
  • Fire in You (Wait for You, #6)
  • The Traitor Queen (The Bridge Kingdom, #2)
  • Stay with Me (Wait for You, #3)
  • Dark Harmony (The Bargainer, #3)
  • Fall with Me (Wait for You, #4)
  • War of Hearts (True Immortality #1)
  • Frigid (Frigid, #1)
  • Kiss of Vengeance (True Immortality #2)

To email me, please use the below addy.
jenniferlarmentrout@live.com

# 1 New York Times and # 1 International Bestselling author Jennifer lives in Charles Town, West Virginia. All the rumors yo

A Wicked Trilogy (4 books)
  • Wicked (A Wicked Trilogy, #1)
  • Torn (A Wicked Trilogy, #2)
  • Brave (A Wicked Trilogy, #3)
  • Kissed - Eine Liebe zwischen Licht und Dunkelheit (Wicked-Serie 4)