Start by marking “The King (A Wicked Trilogy #3.6)” as Want to Read:
The King (A Wicked Trilogy #3.6)

The King

(A Wicked Trilogy #3.6)

From #1 New York Times and USA Today bestselling author Jennifer L. Armentrout comes the next installment in her Wicked series.

As Caden and Brighton's attraction grows despite the odds stacked against a happily ever after, they must work together to stop an Ancient fae from releasing the Queen, who wants nothing more than to see Caden become the evil Prince once feared by
Kindle Edition
Expected publication: July 23rd 2019 by Evil Eye Concepts, Incorporated

To ask other readers questions about The King, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The King

Lori Dunn
Oct 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
If this book is even half as good as the Wicked trilogy and the first novella The Prince then it will be well worth these 5 stars. The Prince left us in an OMG place and I for one can't wait for the continued story of Caden and Brighton. I am hoping that The King picks up immediately where The Prince ended.

7/13/19--- well I just officially finished this book and my first reaction was OMG you didn't Jennifer, how could you? This book totally lived up to the hype and surpassed it. I went back and
Alexandra
Jul 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2019
I received an e-ARC in exchange for an honest review. Review can be found on *Milky Way of Books*

Following the events of the first tie-in novella, The Prince, I truly didn't expect an e-book so small to inflict so much PAIN and FEELS! Brighton and Caden, now King of the Fae, fall between duty, love, and secrets as the threat rises in the world of the Courts and the Order needs desperately help. Now there isn't much action here and there are some scenes that might cause disturbing images to form,
Francesca
Jul 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This second novella is improving, it’s spectacular, surprising and so painful! I wasn’t expecting it at all, I cannot wait to see what’s next!
mandy ❤
4 'You are my everything' Stars!

*ARC provided in exchange for honest review.*

The King starts off two weeks after the end of The Prince. We see Brighton dealing with the aftermath of Caden pushing her away even after all they've shared. Caden being in his new position of power prevents him from being with her. As a reader, that's a pretty obvious conclusion. But our lovely Brighton thinks otherwise. In this installment, she really has a hard time believing that Caden ever truly wanted her at all.
Bree Howland
Jul 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wow... this was actually intense to read.

It's been a long time since I read the Wicked Trilogy as well as The Prince, but Jennifer proved again how amazing of an author she is. Everything came back with simple little prompts and comments in The King and it was so amazing to fall back into this world.

Seriously, Caden and Brighton are absolutely amazing together and I loved seeing favorite characters from past books. Tink is still amazing. I love him.

And that cliffhanger... yeah, fkn watch it. Tha
Cc
ManomanomanomanomanomanomanomanomanomanomanOMAN!!!!!! I can't wait! It's just tttoooo lllloooonnnggg between releases! Can you tell I'm excited?
Jo
Oh.
My.
God.

Sometimes a series will take over your emotions; will become an obsession. This is such a series.

There is so much that is dark about this book, that is hopeless. Except for that one small spot of light on the horizon.

And even when that light looks to be extinguished, the author still keeps that hope alive.

This is an extraordinary book.

I inhaled it. I need the conclusion, like I need air.

I voluntarily reviewed an advanced reader copy of this book
Sofia  Fredes
Okay. Wow.
I liked this waaaay more than the first one! Such. A. Good. Book.
Honestly, I was expecting it to be good, but not THIS good. I'm obsessed.

***

Review to come on release day!

***

I was given an e-Arc of this novella and all opinions are my own.
Asis GC
Jul 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
ARC received in exchange of honest review.
Sabrina
Jul 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
When I read The Prince last year, I was like awesome! Continuing a series I loved, so nice to have a follow up. Then I read it and was like well that ended with a cliffhanger definitely gonna be a follow up and we'll wrap this story up. There was a follow up all right. Is the story over? Uhm, hell no. The King left with another damn cliffhanger and after the way that story went down, just holy crow, the next one needs to be in my hands right now. Cause there is definitely more to Brighton and Ca ...more
Jeraca
Jul 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I received this eARC novel from the author. This is my honest review.

Brighton...I seriously love this girl and what she endured during this novella just breaks my heart. No one should go through that, and to see her struggle and suffer was just terrible. It did show that she is one tough chick who never gives up, and she is a fighter every second.

JLA did an amazing job detailing how an event like this can royally mess you up. Poor Brighton was so terrified and it was ingrained in her to fear c
Stephanie Friend
Jul 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book y'all...OMG! The wicked trilogy is one of my absolute FAVES! When The Prince came out I was super excited to read more from this world. Boy was I not disappointed. If you haven't read The Wicked Trilogy or The Prince, please make sure you do before reading this book! The plot and characters wouldn't make sense otherwise.

I went back and re-read The Prince before diving into this one. The story picks up right where it left off. Brighton is seriously one of my favorite characters. She's
Katie Koziczkowski
Jul 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: apollycon-2020
Well that's not exactly what I expected to go down! For this not being a full length book, a lot happened in a short amount of time. There were many surprises along the way and many questions that I still have. Brighton is a real trooper. While some may argue that she's a bit stubborn, she is strong and smart. She is put through the ringer in The King, and it was hard to read about. She doesn't deserve what happens to her that's for sure. I feel like we get to know Caden more in The King. He has ...more
Jessica
Jul 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
What a fabulous addition to the series!!! Man! It was intense, sexy, heartbreaking, and a bit gory at one point (which I loved lol).

Brighton was courageous, smart, and feisty. I loved how she never backed down, she always fought. I cheered her on during THE scene, and my heart broke for her at the end. The chick just can't catch a break.

Caden (aka The King) is his typical charming, sexy, sweet, selfless (at one point), and infuriating with his decisions. I hate that his role is dictating how he
Bella Carstairs
Jul 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Impresionante y magnífico!!!! Estoy entusiasmada con esta nueva novela del universo Wicked.
Pensaba que sería difícil superar a Ivy y a Ren, pero Brighton y Caden logran que salten las chispas, la trama tiene mucha tensión y engancha desde la primera página. Estoy realmente emocionada. Me encanta. El final de The King te deja con la boca abierta y la cabeza llena de posibilidades para el futuro y, lo más importante, con unas ganas locas de leer el siguiente libro.
El único "pero" es que sea tan c
Konny
Jul 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The King by J.L. Armentrout is a Wicked novella and part of the 1001 Dark Nights series. The King can easily be read as a standalone. For best reading experience I recommend to read the books in order. The previous books are Wicked, Torn and Brave as well as the novellas The Queen, The Prince and The King.
Caden and Brighton's heart wrenching story continues. They work together to stop the powerful Fae from releasing the Queen.
Jennifer L. Armentrout drafted a magical world, masterfully and wonder
Jackie
Jul 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
There’s so much I want to say about this book but I can’t because it would contain spoilers.
I feel for everything Brighton has been through and keeps going through. My heartaches for her her. I had to put the book down a few times because I wanted to cry.
The King can be cruel with his words. I get love and all but I also get being unbelievably mad at him and not forgiving him for a long while.
There’s someone I don’t trust and don’t think is being all that truthful and might have ulterior moti
Ashley Speakman
Jul 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
My heart is torn out. Brighton is such a great female character. She doesn’t back down when people tell her she can’t do something. She had fallen in love with The King in the previous novella The Prince. The King can not be with her out of duty to his Court. I loved the whole book. I only wish it were a full length novel! The last two chapters had me on the edge of my seat. Great job JLA. Another story I won’t forget.
Kelli Belli
Jul 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
OMG Jenn!! How could you!?!? I was so anticipating a HEA and then BAM! You drop the bomb that I was starting to suspect! I also don’t trust a certain female fae. This book was so not what I was expecting. It got so dark and emotional and then so hopeful. Well done, Jenn! Can’t wait to see what happens next!
Jessica
Jul 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This one is absolutely intense!!

The King follows on from The Prince and dives back into the “relationship” between Caden and Brighton.

I loved how strong Brighton’s character is and how she proves others wrong when they doubt her abilities.

That cliffhanger is just wow... I can’t wait to see what happens next in this amazing series..
- Anna -
Jul 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Review coming soon, but let me tell you- this novella is packing lots of feelings. I think it’s been a while since I’ve connected with the main character and felt what she was feeling. I’m really excited for the readers!
Brittany Johnson
Jul 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Buckle up and get ready for a kick butt, action packed, world wind romance that just kicks you in the feels!
Vicki
Shelves: first-reads
Processing. I LOVE this series. More to come.
Krista
Jul 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Holy smokes.

Read it. That is all for now.
Amy
Jul 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Holy Freaking Wow!! What a great ride!! I can't wait for more!!!

Full review to come!!
VINODBANSAL
Nov 07, 2018
Nov 07, 2018

• NOT A BOOK
  • Hold On (Play On, #2.5; Big Sky, #4.6)
  • Remember Me (See Me, #2)
  • First Comes Scandal (Rokesbys #4)
  • This Scot of Mine (The Rogue Files, #4)
  • Dukes Are Forever (London Steampunk: The Blue Blood Conspiracy #5)
  • Untitled (Rusk University, #5)
  • Wicked Bite (Night Rebel, #2)
  • Taken (Deep Ops, #1.5)
  • Battle of the Bulge (OHellNo, #4)
  • Dirty Ink (Wicked Ink Chronicles #4)
  • My Life for Yours (Crawford, #3)
  • Chosen (Slayer, #2)
  • Untitled (The Paradise Diaries, #3)
  • The Darkest King (Lords of the Underworld, #15)
  • Fighting the Fire (Warrior Fight Club, #3)
  • Munro (Immortals After Dark, #19)
  • The Edge of Destiny (The Edge of Never, #3)

To email me, please use the below addy.
jenniferlarmentrout@live.com

# 1 New York Times and # 1 International Bestselling author Jennifer lives in Charles Town, West Virginia. All the rumors yo

A Wicked Trilogy (3 books)
  • Wicked (A Wicked Trilogy, #1)
  • Torn (A Wicked Trilogy, #2)
  • Brave (A Wicked Trilogy, #3)