Start by marking “Twelve: (Flip-Flopped Fairy Tales)” as Want to Read:
Twelve: (Flip-Flopped Fairy Tales)

Twelve: (Flip-Flopped Fairy Tales)

It isn't just a dance that's dirty in this twisted tale.

Lyford Rousseau needs a son. He has thirty years to fulfill an agreement, or lose his kingdom forever. Multiple wives and a dozen children later, he learns the price of deception, and of apathy. Will it cost him everything?

This version of the Twelve Dancing Princesses twists what you thought you knew from your chi
Published August 14th 2018 by Eclectic Bard Books

To ask other readers questions about Twelve, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Twelve

Start your review of Twelve: (Flip-Flopped Fairy Tales)
Kristine (A Cozy Booknook)
Mar 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2019, fiction
This is an interesting reimagining if the Twelve Dancing Princesses fairy tale. I enjoyed the characters and the unexpected twist. I’m looking forward to reading more in this series.
Mar 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Surprise, Surprise,Surprise. When a King requires a son to join 2 Kingdoms but just can't seem to get the job done. But after 3 times married and 12 children he is to busy to pay attention to any of them. When the sister of his 1st bride ( nobody knows that she is that) takes the children away to raise with love she has for them , he doesn't care. But after that I never expected the way in the which the made they way in the world.. No spoilers here for you future readers but I never thought it w ...more
Brandy Mulder
Mar 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is a unique twist on the tale of the twelve dancing princesses, and is a story about how clueless someone can really be. The king, orphaned at a young age, makes some poor decisions regarding his personal life. His children, thankfully, are looked after by a loyal nurse maid. I'm not giving away the big twist, but it's when the kids are older that your eyebrows are going to start to pop :). No explicit adult content, but there is some references to adult activities, and of course they're no ...more
Toni Peden
Mar 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Not anything like I had thought

Twelve is not like any fairy tale you've read before. Twelve sisters cast aside because they weren't boys find their own way with the help of their nursemaid.

This book is full of lies, deceit, murder, and forgiveness. I greatly enjoyed this book, and would recommend it to others.
Staci
Mar 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Well that definitely was an unexpected twist!

There is always something special about seeing a villain's vile plan thwarted. While at the same time it is heartbreaking so many lives can be affected by one nefarious soul. Worthwhile only should all be reveiled and foiled.
**Elle**Bee**Double U**
Shelves: fairytales, m-m
Prior to reading this book I've never heard of the fairy tale or short story of the Twelve Dancing Princesses. After reading this one, I went in search of what the original story was about.

Twelve is an interesting, yet modern take on fairy tale. I enjoyed reading this and hope this author has more twisted fairy tales like this one!
Sara
May 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2019-book-list
It was an interesting book to read that was a little confusing at times but pretty good overall. It held my attention from start to finish. A short and quick book with characters you may love or hate. If you want something quick to read, I recommend this book.
Liliyana Shadowlyn
Mar 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2019-reads
Literally could not set this down (I have the bruises from walking and reading to prove it)! I was a bit skeptical going in but this is witty and fun. I was alternately giggling and yelling at the characters. Perfection.
Ashley Martinez (ilovebooksandstuffblog)
Twelve

A twisted fairy tale full of love, loss, lies and second chances. I enjoyed how the story played out in the end. It was a fun and entertaining twist that left me smiling in the end.
Mona williams
Mar 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
this book was really great. he needed a son to carry on as the king. so he married several wives and had twelve daughters and no son or did he? read to find out what happens.
Lori Hammons
Mar 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is a heart tugging tale of a King indifferent to his dozen children. The pain and frustrations leap off the pages. Thank the goddess for Elba.
Tamica
Shelves: audiobook
This was not a predictable story, which I loved. I was absorbed in the story, wondering where it was headed, and the ending made me smile.
Paula
Aug 23, 2019
Kim
added it
Sep 12, 2019

• Tea with Monster (Misfits & Rogues Series, #1)
  • Later Gator (Southern Fried Sass, #1)
  • Torn: A Fallen Angel Love Story (Fallen Angels Book 1)
  • Grim Undertakings: Book 1 of the GrimFaerie Chronicles
  • Sassing Her Dragon (Sassy Ever After; Dragon Guard, #13)
  • The Guardian's Sapphire Heart
  • Death's Shadow
  • Flame of Hunger
  • Angels and Diamonds
  • Maribel's Decadent Miniatures
  • Super Jax! The Case of the Slimy Scientist: Book One in the Super Jax Superhero Cozy Mystery Series
  • Howler
  • Life's Second Chances (Show Me, #1)
  • Stroke of Fire
  • Ruby and the Beast: A Beauty and the Beast Tale
  • Destiny Series: Five Novelettes With A Twist
  • Heart of Stone
  • Misfortune on Euphoria Lane (Homeowners' Association Cozy Mystery Book 2)

News & Interviews