Start by marking “Un cielo pieno di misteri” as Want to Read:
Un cielo pieno di misteri

Un cielo pieno di misteri

Cosa accadrebbe se il tuo primo amore scomparisse e fosse dichiarato morto, ma tornasse vent’anni più tardi?

Questo il dilemma che Cole Weston è costretto ad affrontare. Ormai felicemente sposato con Tommy D’Amico, si ritrova catapultato in un presente surreale quando il suo primo amore, Rory Schneidmiller, ricompare inaspettatamente.

Dov’è stato Rory fino a quel momento
Published August 14th 2018 by Dreamspinner Press

To ask other readers questions about Un cielo pieno di misteri, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Un cielo pieno di misteri

Start your review of Un cielo pieno di misteri
Judith
Aug 10, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc, m-m, paranormal
4 Stars

I've only read one book by this Author, Bashed , so I kind of knew going into this one it was going to be something different.

I'm,honestly,left a bit speechless here.I'm not sure what to make of this but one thing's for sure after I read the last word I was sitting stunned into silence....I couldn't stop thinking about the characters and the ending....and that's the sign of a good book(for me).

What would you do if the love of your life simply disappeared one night without any explanation,
Sandra
This isn't a romance novel as much as it is an exploration of love and loss, and the difference between young love and mature love. It's also a bit of a character study for the MC Cole and explores how a traumatic loss can influence the rest of your life.

Cole and Rory are young and in love, having just moved into their first apartment together, in Chicago in the late 90s. They are somewhat opposites, but perfect for each other, and oh so in love. On a night when Cole has to work late, Rory decid
CrabbyPatty
Holy crap. I read this book in one day, in one fell swoop .... and I needed to let it settle through my brain before I wrote a review. I loved "Sky Full of Mysteries" as the plot draws you in bit by bit, like the slow pull of the line as a master storyteller steadily reels you in. And I hated "Sky Full of Mysteries" perhaps because there is no right answer and no entirely happy ending, just as there is no right answer in life. I mean, the answer to the universe may be 42 after all, or maybe it's ...more
Cadiva
Jul 18, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I need time to process my thoughts on this one. Brilliant storytelling and such a compelling narrative but I absolutely hated the ending.

19/7 - Okay, two days later and I think I'm ready to write this review and I should say that even though I absolutely hated the ending - and I mean to the point of wanting to hit something or chuck my Kindle out of the window - it totally worked for the story's narrative.

Being honest, much as I would have liked a different outcome, it really would have ruined t
True Loveislovereview
Feb 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2020, lgbtq, sci-fi
This is something else. Sit, read and be amazed by this mystical journey!

Cole can't deal with it. He is devastated and shattered, Rory, his lover and partner, just disappeared without a trace, as if he was removed from the earth.

The process of grieving and despair is heavy. It’s almost unbearable, but lives go on and he has to start living again.
Beautiful memories pass by where they meet each other, in their twenties, where they start living together, where they are happy and in love. Both men l
Joyfully Jay
Aug 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: veronica
A Joyfully Jay review.

Let me start off with this: the blurb is a bit misleading. Just more than half of the book takes place in Chicago 1997, surrounding the time when 23-year-old Rory Schneidmiller disappears. Rory has just moved into his first apartment with the man of his dreams, Cole Weston. They are stupid in love, out and monogamous, and ready to spend their lives in co-habitation. Three weeks later, Rory disappears.

I was a wreck watching Cole fall apart. His life wasn’t spectac
Serena Yates
‘Sky Full of Mysteries’ is one of those books you have to read and experience yourself to fully appreciate the story, the characters, and the depth of emotions Rick R. Reed is able to conjure up with his prose. The premise alone had me fearing heartbreak, but the reality was so much worse. The focus is firmly on the men’s emotions, their passion, their guilt, and the way they end up dealing with a situation that is impossible – and not just in the scientific sense. What happens is a true test of ...more
Melissa
I think I missed the deeper meaning behind the story. Just like in school when you are told to analyze Shakespeare or poetry or The Scarlet letter, I never got the deeper meaning. This book is like that because I liked parts of it and grieved with Cole, but then other parts I didn't understand (view spoiler) ...more
LenaRibka
2.5 stars rounded up

I would hardly classify Sky Full of Mysteries as a science fiction novel. Yes, there is a science fiction aspect in it - the disappearance of Rory refers to to an extraterrestrial - but basically it doesn't matter who and why kidnapped him.

Actually he could fall into coma and awake from it twenty years later, or he could just lose his memory or have another life in the other city or somewhere in a far away country, it doesn't matter.

What matters is: what do you do when the
Rebelexmachina
J.P. Jackson
Rick Reed has been on my To Be Read radar for a while now, and so when the opportunity came up to read and review his latest release, I eagerly jumped on it.

This story centers around Cole and Rory, a young couple moving in together, new in their relationship, and living life in the Midwestern city of Chicago. Reed's knowledge of the neighborhoods and attention to detail of the city is impressive, immediately immersing the reader into the gay 1990's in this well-known city.

Having lived as an out
Sheri
I'm conflicted.
This is going to be a conflicting review. I loved it yet...I despised it. Which is confusing for me because I love romance stories stamped with a trio of R's. But the truth of the matter is, this is not a romance. It's really not. It's a fascinating and captivating love story. I know this is a puzzling statement for some but I'm in the camp that feels romance needs a happily-ever-after.
Love stories on the other hand can be passionate and powerful but don't have to end with heart
Roberta Blablanski
I thought I was going to like this more than I did. I did enjoy most of the story, but the last chapter left me disappointed. I really like Rory and Cole, and I really liked them together as a couple. To me, Tommy got the short end of the stick, and I felt bad for him. He deserved so much better than second place.
Hermawati
I'm not a huge crier when it comes to books, but this one had me full-on weeping. A story about love, lost, second chance and acceptance. I still get emotional mess about the ending but i guess it was realistic ending. Cole and Rory; they brought me to tears. I will not recommend that to read this book on second, third, fourth time because you will repeat experience reignites the emotions caused by this book. Sometimes there are just books you really don't even want to open again, Sky Full of Mysteries by Rick R. Reed is one of ...more
CrabbyPatty
Holy crap. I read this book in one day, in one fell swoop .... and I needed to let it settle through my brain before I wrote a review. I loved "Sky Full of Mysteries" as the plot draws you in bit by bit, like the slow pull of the line as a master storyteller steadily reels you in. And I hated "Sky Full of Mysteries" perhaps because there IS no right answer and no entirely happy ending, just as there is no right answer in life. I mean, the answer to the universe may be 42 after all, or maybe it's ...more
Jaymie
3 Stars!

What would you do if the person you thought you’d be spending the rest of your life with suddenly disappeared without a trace only to return twenty years later looking as if not a day had gone by?

Cole never expected his boyfriend Rory to just vanish but that’s exactly what happened. After mourning the unknown, hoping he’d one day walk back in his life but knowing he was probably dead, Cole finally started to live his life again. Twenty years later, he’s married to a wonderful man and the
Stacey Jo
This book was provided bt the author via IndiGo Marketing & Design in exchange fo an honest review.

This book is hard hitting. It starts out in Chicago in 1997 with Rory and Cole, who are starting out in their first apartment together. They are madly in love and set to spend the rest of their lives together. Then Roary leaves on an errand and never returns. Cole is devastated and has a hard time dealing with his loss. He meets Tommy who likes him very much, but Cole has a hard time letting go of
Diane Dannenfeldt
I am not sure about this one. I’m going to have to think on it before I write my review.

Okay so my review is that I had a hard time with this book. I keep teetering between really liking it and then not so much. We start off seeing how very much Rory & Cole are in love and they have just recently moved in together. Then one evening when Cole comes home from work, he finds Rory gone. We get to see the real struggle that Cole goes through trying to cope with him missing and his search for Rory. As
Nicole
Aug 23, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
That was a very weird book and I did not expect any of the things that happened.

The book is split into two. First half starts in 1997 when the events of the disappearance of Rory happen and we see Cole dealing with this, which is heartbreaking because they had just moved in together. And the other half is the recent days, 20 years later, when Rory appears and no one can believe it. Cole already married and in his 40’s, still not having forgotten Rory.

The sci-fi aspect of it was very unusual, th
Serena Yates
Cathy Brockman
Rory and Cole were young and in love starting their life in their new apartment when suddenly Rory comes up missing without a trace. Cole meets Tommy in an unfortunate accident and they begin a life together but what will Cole do when Rory shows up just as mysteriously as he disappeared? Will he stick with the man that's been his rock for the past twenty years or the exciting first love he lost?

OOHH MY! I don't usually read science fiction, but I love a good mystery and romance and this is a gre
Amanda
Wow. What an amazing story! So many great themes. First love, loss of a loved one, second chances, different types of love. It’s all covered and it’s all covered beautifully. I am one of the few who loved the ending and would’ve been quite upset if it had gone in a different direction. Reeds writing is amazing and you feel like you’re in the story with the characters feeling these big feelings. There are some non MC povs, which usually bothers me, but it fit here and wasn’t detracting at all. We ...more
Aug 06, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I was given a copy of this book to read and review for Wicked Reads.

I love the concept behind this book but I’m not sure the writing does justice to the idea. The characters are all likeable but this is a relatively short book attempting to cover a twenty year time period from three perspectives. The result is uneven coverage of time and characters. We see too much of Rory in the 24hrs before his disappearance and there is probably also too much time spent exploring Cole’s grief after losing Ror
Shannon Tolen
Sky Full of Mysteries is a book that is one that is a truly unique concept. Second-chances with a little sci-fi(ish) aspect is one that I haven't come across in other books I've read. The writing, while well-done, did drag at times, making me feel like I needed to skip forward a few pages to try and speed the book up. Overall, I was impressed that the author was able to write a story like this one, and while it is well written, it wasn't for me.
Irina
Oct 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

I am so glad to have come across this book and it was a pleasant surprise, considering I haven't read other books by Rick R. Reed. To me, this book is worth 5 bright stars.....
The plot is divided in two parts. The first part, set in Chicago, 1997, tells the story of two young, and very in love guys. Rory, who is 23, and Cole, 26, are happily set in their new apartment and work long hours. One evening, while Cole is at work until late, he decides to go out as he can't wait passively for Cole t
Pixie Mmgoodbookreviews
5 & 2 1/2 Hearts Reviews from Shorty & Lisa for MM Good Book Reviews

Shorty's Review 5 Hearts:

Twenty years ago Cole and Rory were young and in love. Then one night Rory mysteriously disappears never to be seen. Cole spent years looking for Rory. I felt his pain and despair of not knowing what happened. Then Cole meets Tommy. The two start a relationship and marry. Now twenty years later Rory is back and Cole has a decision to make.

I really felt for both Rory and Cole. So much had been taken from
Pixie Mmgoodbookreviews
4 💖💖💖💖 Hearts (combined) Reviewed by Shorty 5 💖💖💖💖💖 Hearts and Lisa 2 1/2 💖💖💖 Hearts for MM Good Book Reviews

Shorty's Review 💖💖💖💖💖 5 Hearts:

I really felt for b
Natosha Wilson
This book was not what I expected it to be. I will say that I thought I had it figured out how this book was going to end up, but it went a totally different direction all together. Now that surprised me completely.

Cole and Tory ar so in love and happy. They just moved into a new apartment together and are about to start a new chapter in their lives together. Things could not be going better then they are, it is everything theyboth have wished for. But something strange isaboht to happen to Ror
Amy Dufera
Jan 27, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I don't really know how to describe Rick Reed's Sky Full of Mysteries. It's an extremely powerful tale, painfully heart-breaking, and absolutely riveting.

It's a story of first love and the strength behind that first love. The anguish of mysterious disappearances. The fear of moving on. The continuation of holding onto hope. And pain. So much pain.

The author expertly tells this amazing tale in two parts. The first half of the book focuses on Rory, his disappearance, and the aftermath for Cole.
Charlotte
I've decided that I really liked Rick R. Reed's writing. This is the second book I've read by Reed and this one didn't disappoint even though it's dramatically different from the first one that I read.

This book begins with Cole and Rory moving in to their first home together. It's the late 90s and they have scored a quaint little apartment for Five hundred dollars a month. They haven't been together long, but they're young, and in love and it's about as perfect as anything can be.

One night, whil

• Q*Pid
  • Wanted - Bad Boyfriend
  • P.S. I Spook You (The Spectral Files, #1)
  • Vanilla Clouds
  • Robby Riverton: Mail Order Bride
  • Thrown Off the Ice
  • Family Camp (Daddy Dearest, #1)
  • Strays and Lovers
  • The Case of the Sexy Shakespearean (The Middlemark Mysteries #1)
  • The House in the Cerulean Sea
  • After the Fall (Tucker Springs, #6)
  • Shades of Henry (The Flophouse #1)
  • Private Charter
  • The Doctor's Secret (Copper Point Medical #1)
  • Perfect Day (New Milton #1)
  • Survive and Conquer
  • Boy Shattered
  • The Blueprint (Rules of Possession, #1)
Real Men. True Love.

Rick R. Reed draws inspiration from the lives of gay men to craft stories that quicken the heartbeat, engage emotions, and keep the pages turning. Although he dabbles in horror, dark suspense, and comedy, his attention always returns to the power of love. He’s the award-winning and bestselling author of more than fifty works of published fiction and is forever at work on yet an

News & Interviews