Start by marking “The Incumbent Coroner (Fenway Stevenson Mysteries, #2)” as Want to Read:
The Incumbent Coroner  (Fenway Stevenson Mysteries, #2)

The Incumbent Coroner

(Fenway Stevenson Mysteries #2)

A beloved mayor. A seedy motel room. One baffling murder.

The bizarre circumstances of Fenway Stevenson’s latest case as county coroner drag her to the center of one very dangerous game. With one suspect in custody, an attempt on the life of the key witness leads to her disappearance and more unanswered questions. Fenway must race to solve the mystery before any
Kindle Edition
Published September 25th 2018 by Pax Ardsen

To ask other readers questions about The Incumbent Coroner, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Incumbent Coroner

Start your review of The Incumbent Coroner (Fenway Stevenson Mysteries, #2)
Marti
Nov 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I’ve found a new favorite (well, one of my favorites) author. This Fenway Stevenson series is superfantastic! Each book so far has exactly the right amount of mystery, thriller, humor, romance, angst, and action. How does he DO that?!
Alexis Pinkney-Marcom
Aug 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Let’s start with this: This is the most fun I’ve had reading this genre. Ever.

And I read a lot.

I haven’t actually finished the first book, because I shelved it to read this one. It was worth it. Fenway Stevenson is an incredible main character, with believable flaws that just make her even more lovable. Even minor characters have enough of a personality that I have a million opinions on them.

The plot is so engaging I stayed up until 4am reading it, fell asleep, then woke up at 8am out of my s
Michelle Damiani
Sep 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
An excellent read. Fenway Stevenson is a complicated sleuth, but you can’t help but root for her even as she makes terrible relationship decisions. Ardoin even infuses his bad guys with heart and wit, making it easy to understand what makes them tick. I love how obstacles keep getting thrown in Fenway’s path toward finding the murderer, and I especially love the tenacity she shows to get past them—and the messy humanity the journey reveals about her. (And ultimately, about the reader, too.)
Cheryl Shoults
Sep 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
For me, the heart of any book is the characters. There can be the most surprising plot twists, heated love scenes, or heart-pounding action, but none of that matters if you don’t care about the characters. Paul Austin Ardoin has nailed the balance with this series –- well-rounded characters (yep, flaws and all) that compel you to be whole-heartedly invested in the plot.
Obviously, we dive deep into Fenway’s psyche, but she’s observant and empathetic enough that we understand the emotions an
So, I Read This Book Today
Good concept and characters

There are many good things about the two first books in this series. The characters are diverse and well-rounded. The story line moves quickly, and is highly readable.

The main character has serious daddy issues, and daddy himself is a spoild, self-serving jerk who thinks the world revolves around every breath he takes. Fenway 's daddy issues and emotional immaturity were an issue for me, and blunted my enjoyment of the story. I found her cop friend Dez to
Jean
Oct 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
Paul Austin Ardoin’s The Incumbent Coroner was a good mystery read. I only gave it four stars because I guessed some of the events before they happened. I wonder if it is more difficult to write a series than to write stand alone books. If I hadn’t known some information because of the titles in this series, perhaps the mystery would have been more puzzling. In any case, Ardoin does a great job writing about women with courage and smarts (and enough not so smarts), I enjoyed the characters and l ...more
Sharon
Jan 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Excellent

As Fenway's saga continues, she solves the murder of the mayor, the kidnapping of a child, the disappearance of a friend and brings down a drug lord. Some relationships struggle, some die, and some blossom as the story unfolds. And while Fenway's father tries to do the right things to help her, in what he believes are the best intentions, he finds that for Finley, money doesn't solve everything.
Mizunderstood
Oct 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A Rollercoaster ride

This series is great, but this second book in it is a serious Rollercoaster ride from start to finish. Lots of touch and go and give and take happening between the characters and events in this book, so pick yourself up a copy. I read it start to finish in one day, just like the first one!
Wendy
Nov 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great book!

I got the first book for free and I bought the next one. Good stories and well written characters. I want the next ones! Fenway is a great woman who has been given a hard life and will not let it stop her. I understand having Father issues only too well and I think she handles them very well.
Liana
Oct 29, 2019 rated it really liked it
Love the characters (well, the innocent ones at least). Well-paced mystery which makes me wonder how the rule-bending actions by law enforcement would actually stand up in court. Also, where did the hash browns come from? Another mystery...
Marrissa
Jan 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Fantastic

Wow! I love both of these books. The coroner job the complex relationship between her and her father. The friend/lover relationship with the sheriff. I was just a fantastic all around read. Keep them coming!
Debbie
Oct 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2018
I enjoyed the first book, and the second is even better. Ardoin has a way with character development, even the minor characters. A good read... recommended.
angela carter
Tom Sykes
Monique
Kristie
Apr 07, 2019

• Love Me Dead (Lilah Love, #3)
  • The Botanist
  • Dogtripping: 25 Rescues, 11 Volunteers, And 3 RVs On Our Canine Cross-Country Adventure
  • Love Kills (Lilah Love #4)
  • Casino Girl (Baxter and Holt, #2)
  • Summer Session (A Doctor Rowena Halley Short #2.5)
  • Foreign Exchange: A Doctor Rowena Halley Short (#0.5)
  • Remorseless (Doc Powers & D.I. Carver Investigate, #1)
  • A Good Bunch of Men: A Dickie Floyd Detective Novel
  • An Equal Justice (David Adams, #1)
  • False Security (Rogue Security and Investigation, #2)
  • You Think You Know Me: The True Story of Herb Baumeister and the Horror at Fox Hollow Farm (True Crime)
  • The Case of the Man Overboard (Michaela McPherson Mysteries #3)
  • Bear In Mind (Paranormal Dating Agency, #23)
  • Blanche Passes Go (Blanche White series Book 4)
  • The Girls Across The Bay (Knox and Sheppard, #1)
  • By Stone, by Blade, by Fire (Barbara Holloway, #13)
  • The Hunt
Paul Austin Ardoin is the author of the Fenway Stevenson Mysteries. A California native with a degree in creative writing from UC Santa Barbara, Ardoin has also published short fiction and humorous essays in Bottomfish and Sweet Fancy Moses. His non-fiction articles about computer security have appeared in California Computer News and European Communications. He lives in the Sacramento area with h ...more

Fenway Stevenson Mysteries (3 books)
  • The Reluctant Coroner (Fenway Stevenson Mysteries, #1)
  • The Candidate Coroner (Fenway Stevenson Mysteries, #3)