Start by marking “Throne of Lies (Legacy of Lies, #0.5)” as Want to Read:
Throne of Lies (Legacy of Lies, #0.5)

Throne of Lies

(Legacy of Lies 0.5)

I was called a prodigal son.
A scion of Midas.

I believed it. Why wouldn’t I?
Everything my father touched turned to gold.

The proof was all around me.
Luxury cars.
Elite schools.
A billion-dollar business.
Even my girlfriend, a Park Avenue Princess.

I reigned from a throne of lies.

My fall from grace . . . wasn’t graceful at all.

The Prequel to Legacy of Lies
ebook, 1st Edition, 103 pages
Published October 11th 2018

To ask other readers questions about Throne of Lies, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Throne of Lies

SueBee★bring me an alpha!★

⭐⭐⭐⭐1/2! Throne of Lies (prologue) They fell in love amidst a scandal that would take them down!

“At six-three or maybe six-four, Remington towered over me, and I tilt my head back to meet his eyes. Long lashes cast shadows atop high cheekbones that slid sharply to his lips. Full and almost pretty, they were the perfect accent to soften his hard, patrician features.”

Books should be read in order:
Book 0.5: Throne of Lies
Book 1: Legacy of Lies

Throne of Lies is the prologue to book 1. It takes
Carol [Goodreads Addict]
throne of lies tara leigh

Throne of Lies is book 0.5 in the Legacy of Lies series by Tara Leigh. This is the prequel, the beginning of Tripp and Jolie’s story, both the beautiful beginning to it, and the heartbreaking ending.

debutante ball

Jolie Chapman and Tripp Montgomery’s fathers were partners in a Wall Street Investment Firm. Tripp is nineteen and in his second year of college. Jolie is seventeen, nearly eighteen, and a senior in high school. Both were raised in the lap of luxury, never wanting for anything. It is Jolie’s coming o
Kat Valentine
Oct 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
In this prequel to legacy of lies we have a story of young love and passion. Tripp and jolie are paired together for the debutante ball by their fathers who are partners in business. Tripp and jolie have known each for years ,but haven't spent much time together. When these two meet again theirs a instant attraction and what follows is a awakening of two young lovers,but as they are falling in love it comes to light that their fathers are involved in a ponzi scheme and the first casualty is Trip ...more
❤️ Paulette
Sep 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
Title: ➳ ❤- Throne of Lies
Series ➳Legacy of Lies Series 0.5#
Author: ➳ Tara Leigh

Publication: ➳October 11th, 2018

ღ This series & its author was recommend to me, & trust me I’ll be forever grateful… I love finding new authors

This prequel was a perfect start for Tripp & Jolie, keep in mind since it is a prequel. It will be very short story

➦But never the less, this book open your eyes to new world,, The ridiculous rich… The last name of every debutante could be found somewhere on the For
Pavlina Read more sleep less blog❤❤
Live https://www.amazon.com/Throne-Lies-Pr...

5 stars

Wow this was fantastic, I love the beginning and I can't wait to start Legacy of Lies.Throne of Lies was captivating,fast paced and intense.This prequel was a perfect start for Tripp and Jolie, we learn how they know each other and how everything started between them.They have a great connection and omg the ending make me to crave for more!!

"He really was a thief.
He'd stolen my heart."

description

KAT ♕ Kitty Kats Crazy About Books ♕
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

THRONE OF LIES: Is a quick dip into the 'Legacy of Lies' series,This is the prequel by new to me author Tara Leigh.

“Jolie Chapman was like the last present you open on Christmas morning, the one that makes all the others pale in comparison. She was a girl worth waiting for, a gift I wanted to take my time opening, enjoying the crackle of the paper, the pull of the ribbon.”

This is the beginning of Tripp and Jolie’s story. Theirs was a whirlwind romance, a love to rival all fairy tale court
Jemima
Oct 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc-2018, 4-5-stars
PSX_20181007_151704

Title: Throne Of Lies (Legacy of Lies #0.5)
Author: Tara Leigh
Publication Date: October 11, 2018

~An ARC Was Kindly Provided In Exchange For An Honest Review~

Let's all do a happy dance! One of my favourite author Tara Leigh has written a new series and it is GOOD!!!
Throne of Lies is perfect!
Considering the fact that this book is a prequel, it is more than enough to draw your attention.. it captivates the readers into wanting more and more.

Throne of Lies is bloody glorious and there isn't a mom
DW
Sep 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Throne Of Lies was AMAZING!!! It was perfect for Tripp and Jolie’s beginning. I loved it so much. I am so thankful that I had the next book because I would have had a hard time waiting!!

That cover🔥🔥🔥🔥
Tijuana *Book Twins Reviews*
I loved it. 🖤🖤 Plain and simple...

This is the perfect setup for the story to come! Young love, high society, ultra posh and rich lifestyles. And the writing matches the subject matter expertly. Tara Leigh's writing is gorgeous. Her prose is pretty, concise, and engaging. It's almost as decadent as the subject matter.

I was immediately pulled into the story and loved the setup and details that hinted at what was to come. This novella will certainly whet the appetite and leave the readers longing
Sarah - Musings of the Modern Belle
***AVAILABLE NOW - FULL REVIEW***

This prequel novella sets up the story of Tripp and Jolie. Within in the novella, Tara Leigh delivers the intense emotions of teens falling in love, of two families torn apart in a bitter war to salvage their reputations, and the aftermath of what is left of the once pure and forever love of these the two teens. It is angst, drama, and betrayal at its best.

Tripp and Jolie are the quintessential wealthy youth in NYC. Think Gossip Girl. They are both from elite fam
Lana ❇✾Dirty Girl Romance❇✾
3 STARS

This is a short novella that sets the scene ten years before Legacy of Lies. It's the introduction to the whirlwind romance between Jolie and Tripp, and their ultimate fall. Having met as teenagers, both of them are on top of the world. With their fathers business partners in a successful business, they don't want for much. But then one after another, the bricks of their foundation as they know it begin to crumble. Until it implodes in the revelation of a lie that destroys everything; the
Serena
Sep 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
OMFG MY NEW FAVE BOOK BOYFRIEND!!! Love Tripp and Jolie's beginning!
COULD.
I loved this!!!!!!!
Rochelle | Rochelle Reads ♡
Sep 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc

I love discovering new authors, especially when my introduction to them is fantastic. Tara Leigh did not disappoint!

Throne of Lies, the prequel to Legacy of Lies introduces us to Jolie Chapman and Remington Montgomery III. We’re thrown into an expansive and expensive world filled with glamour and money, deceit and downfalls, elite society and luxury lifestyles.

Jolie and Tripp’s relationship begins with passion, though ends in tragedy when their father’s transgressions become public scandal, res
Anna
Sep 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Oh wow! I don’t even know where to begin. This book just sucks you right in and leaves you wanting more! Throne of Lies is the Prequel to Legacy of Lies. It must be read first as it does end in a cliffhanger. Throne of Lies takes place 10 years before Legacy of Lies and while in this novella, the two main characters are college age, I wouldn’t categorize this as a YA/NA novella.

Remington “Tripp” Montgomery III and Jolie Chapman are thrown together at a debutant ball. Their parents are business p
Sophia Triad
Nov 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Oh I loved it!
Review later
Bookgasms Book Blog
Oct 02, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ratula
GAH! Throne of Lies was absolutely amazing. I love how the author set up this series in this prequel where we see the start of Tripp and Jolie's romantic relationship - their initial butterflies, stirrings of love and connection. It was a breath of fresh air as I loved seeing them so innocently happy. But when drama unfolds and their fathers' empires crashes, it is pure exploding fireworks. It's too bad that their relationship is caught in the crossfire.

I loved the story and the characters and t
Danielle R (Spellbound Stories)
Wow! I am beyond blown away with Tara Leigh’s storytelling abilities. Throne of Lies is a prequel to Legacy of Lies… it’s a novella—a quick read—but one that will leave you absolutely DYING to get your hands on Legacy of Lies! I considered myself to be truly blessed to get the chance to read an advanced reader copy of the book for my blog and didn’t have to wait between the releases to read these books. Honestly, having read them, it would have been straight up torture to wait for the release of ...more
Anne OK
Oct 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2018-reads
Young lovers caught in a web of family and corporate corruption. The prequel was short and to the point with the introduction of characters. Ending on an abrupt and tragic cliffhanger, I'm quickly downloading the next installment to find out the rest of the story.

Well-written and intriguing to say the least.
Dora Koutsoukou
Oct 16, 2018 rated it really liked it
4,5 ❤💔💔❤ amazing 🌟🌟🌟🌟s❣❣❣❣

This prequel was superb❣❣❣❣
Tara Leigh
Oct 04, 2018 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
99 cents and FREE on Kindle Unlimited!

Join the Reader Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/TaraL...

Sign up for Tara's Newsletter for exclusive news about the series: https://www.taraleighbooks.com/newsle...
Katy Tinnin
Oct 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Oh my gosh! Throne of Lies is a quick shot to the heart comparable to a roller coaster. It starts the story of Tripp and Jolie when they are pushed together by their high society families. They quickly fall for each other and the story ends on a huge cliffhanger that leads into the next book, Legacy of Lies. The ending of this book had me wanting to throw my Kindle across the room. I couldn't get to Legacy of Lies fast enough. Tara Leigh has started an amazing story full of heat and angst and I ...more
Tanaka K
"I was hers and she would be mine. For now, forever."

What a way to introduce myself to a new author. What a way to introduce to another book that will make lose my mind. Young love told in the most stunning way. Heart thrilling storyline that will grab your heart and twist it. Amazing characters you will never forget. Throne of Lies is a fantastically laid out romance that will mess with your emotions and explores a burning young love between Tripp Montgomery and Jolie Chapman. You are introduce
BookSmacked
Oct 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Prepare yourselves peeps to be sucked into Throne of Lies.

Tara Leigh starts of this series with a short and quick read that will leave you desperate for more. Thankfully the wait between books is only days apart.

Young, elite and living the life straight out of a fairytale. I fell in love with these two very quickly. Tara paints a pretty picture just to pull the rug out and I’m loving everything about it.
Siobhan
Aug 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
This is how you write a prequel.

Before I write my review, I need to take a quick moment to dish out some honesty. I was fortunate enough to beta read a very early version of Legacy of Lies – so early, in fact, it went by a different name. However, being given this chance to see the early form of this book in no way influenced my ratings and reviews of Throne of Lies and Legacy of Lies. My ratings and views of the final product are completely independent of what I got to see in the early stages o
Oct 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Tripp and Jolie are the kids of high society Bankers. They live blessed lives. Tripp is Jolies date to a debutante ball. As neither of them really want to do these things, they click. Tripps love for Jolie is so honest and beautiful. All is looking rosey for this future power couple, until the cards come crashing down!

Can’t wait to start the next book in series. Fantastic story
Tricia Bartley (iScream Books)
Oct 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
Y'all....let's take a moment to enjoy the covers that Tara Leigh has graced us with. Besides all the ravings I have been seeing about the Legacy of Lies series on social media, this cover won me over as well!!! Nice eye candy!!! : )

Well let me Welcome y'all to the beginning of the story of Tripp (Remington Montgomery) and Jolie. She is a beautiful debutante and he is the prodigal son. Tripp and Jolie had met before, but it had been years ago. There was a huge Debutante Ball coming up and Jolie's
Yvette (Booksandbandanas)
Oct 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
That ending?! Are you kidding me right now.

You expect me to be ok right now?!

Fuck.

I cannot wait for October 18th!!!!
Marjorie  W.
Oct 02, 2018 rated it liked it
3.5 STARS

I really enjoyed this prologue/prequel to Legacy of Lies! I loved how it combined the glitz and glam of the debutantes and New York elite with the ugly corruption of some powerful families. It was really fascinating and something I'm hoping to read more of in the future!

It was nice to get to see our two MCs fall in love. Their romance was sweet and exciting. Gah, young love, huh, it's always so much fun 😍😏.

I haven't yet read Legacy of Lies, but I'm definitely looking forward to it! Now
Na
Oct 08, 2018 rated it liked it
"She was a goddess spread before me, and I was about to make her mine."

Throne Of Lies is a nice prequel that gives you the basic knowledge you need to have to understand the main characters better in Legacy Of Lies. It basically shows the beginning and the end of Tripp and Jolie. You get a first impression what the emotions will be like in the main story and what caused the rift.

However I was a little disappointed in this novella. I felt distant to the characters, like I was only the observer to
  • Ashton - The Agreement (A Cocky Smiling O, #2)
  • Opulence (The Excess, #1)
  • Midnight Hunter
  • Breathe Again
  • Wild Chase (Vengeful Honor, #1)
  • Perfect Sense (Perfect Series #1)
  • Life Without You
  • French Kissed (International School, #3)
  • The Church (The Cloister, #3)
  • Lead Me Home (Fight for Me, #3)
  • A Perfect Marriage
  • Right Next Door
  • The Torn Up Marriage
  • Cowboys & Kisses (Teens of Black Falls Texas, #1)
  • Vow (Andino + Haven #2)
  • Jagged Pill (Broken Lives, #3)
  • Because of You (Because of You, #1)
  • Come Back to Me (Forever, #1)
Want to keep up with Tara Leigh and hear all the news & behind the scenes details about her books? Just click here: http://bit.ly/TaraLeighNwsltr. And are you a member of her exclusive readers group? http://bit.ly/TaraLeighReaders

Tara Leigh writes sexy contemporary romance about billionaires and rock stars that are alpha without being ***holes.

She attended Washington University in St. Louis a

Legacy of Lies (1 books)
  • Legacy of Lies (Legacy of Lies, #1)
“God, I wished I could take away her pain. Our pain.
I couldn’t. But I could give her forever.
And I would.”
1 likes
“We need to stick together. This is going to get worse before it gets better, and I don’t know what’s going to happen with our fathers. All I know is,” I took a breath, diving forward, “all I know is how I feel about you. I love you, Jolie. And that’s never going to change. Not today, and not tomorrow. Not ever.” 0 likes