Start by marking “Spirit of Prophecy: Paranormal and Sci-Fi Crime” as Want to Read:
Spirit of Prophecy: Paranormal and Sci-Fi Crime

Spirit of Prophecy: Paranormal and Sci-Fi Crime

What if your past came back to haunt you and stalked the present until it became your worst nightmare? What would you do if you discovered you’re engaged to a murderous psychopath about to go serial?

J.J. Hughes explores the lengths to which we will go, to keep the past from overshadowing the present and destroying the future. Spirit of Prophecy is a highly original, cutt
Published June 11th 2018 by moneymagnet.global

To ask other readers questions about Spirit of Prophecy, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Spirit of Prophecy

Payal Sinha
Sep 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Spirit of Prophecy is a thoroughly entertaining book. It is a crime thriller with huge servings of science fiction and paranormal. Also, while the plot is crime based, the book as a whole left me with a positive feeling, particularly towards the end- when the whole universe was spread out before the two leading ladies and they are allowed to make three wishes each.

The thing that I liked about the book was that it offered many jig saw puzzles and in some places the author allowed the readers to
Iva Kenaz
Nov 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I enjoy reading original books with colourful elements, which are unfortunately oftentimes suppressed and forced into one style or one genre. The author of this novel created an atmosphere that blends genres in a natural, and most importantly, meaningful way. I felt that everything in this story had its place and reason, and I could sense an important message behind the surface right from the start.

The story begins with a strange hit and run accident. Successful horse riders, Juliet her her frie
Marija
Nov 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A little bit different reading material for me, but it was nice change. It is a brilliant story and pretty entertaining that kept me turning pages.
It is paranormal mystery novel about a Rosetta - psychic detective that is fighting to stop a cycle of revenge on the Indian territory.
All the plots, twists and turns in the story were brilliant and the main character was so good built with all her imperfections that was just perfect.
I really enjoyed reading and I this is definitely not my last boo
Julius Blitzy
Aug 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Despite moving on about the tragedy that comes with the sole fact of remembering the past, nothing really is neither forsaken nor buried enough to no rise again, and the most tragic and darkest twist you could ever imagine will happen here.
I like to make parallels between stories across several mediums, so I can easily compare this story with the series of videogames known as ‘Dead Space’, with the dark atmosphere, sci-fi elements and more, an eerie feeling that something is going to be horribly
Mar
Aug 28, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Spirit Prophecy is a paranormal mystery novel by J. J. Hughes that turn out to be a very good surprise.
The premise was intriguing enough to catch my eye while I was looking for my next reading. A story about a psychic detective fighting to put a stop to a cycle of revenge in an Apache Indian territory seemed interesting and I could only hope it delivers. And it did, even surpassing my expectations. This is a very good book, thought-provocative and interesting with all the needed ingredients to m
Deedra
Aug 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Audio:I absolutely loved this book!The storyline starts with an act of 'road rage' against two girls on horse back.Where we go from there is a tangle of back roads and probably improper relationships.Set in the near future,it is fascinating. Matt Addis was a terrific narrator.His voices were spot on.I was given this book by the narrator,author or publisher free for an honest review.
Jolie
Nov 06, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I was super excited to read this book. The blurb got me going. A paranormal mystery? Sign me up!! I am glad that I read this book because man, it was good.

Rosetta is a psychic detective and a witch. Used to people making assumptions about her, she tries to fly under the radar while solving her cases. The last time it got out that the police was using a psychic, Rosetta ended up losing custody of her children to her manipulative ex-husband. Rosetta is also employed by the Elite Paranormal Intelli
Shari
May 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
An edge of your seat crime suspense novel that had me guessing right from the beginning who it was right up until the very end. I love the fact this author has thrown in the paranormal side of things without taking it to far in to the realm, and making it very relatable. I really enjoyed the story line and already recommended it to a few of my friends.

Look forward to more from this author.
Grant Leishman
Sep 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-2018
Spirit of Prophecy, a debut novel by J.J. Hughes was a stunningly unexpected surprise for me, as a reader. What I initially thought was a serial-killer hunt turned into so much more than that.
When Olympic Three Day Event Gold Medalist Juliet Jermaine's prize horse Gothic is killed, along with its young stable-hand rider, in an apparent road rage incident, the search is on to find the killer. Was Juliet the target of the attack or was it indeed just a simple case of someone losing their rag over
Charles Ray
Sep 19, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Rosetta Barrett is a psychic detective, but she can’t tell her family or the public. Then, when a young girl and a horse are brutally killed by an aggressive driver, and it looks like it was a deliberate assassination attempt, her skills are tested to their limits. The Spirit of Prophecy by J. J. Hughes is a mystery with a bit of a paranormal and sci-fi twist—well, actually, more than just a bit. It involves a centuries-old atrocity that took place across the ocean from England, in New Mexico du ...more
Kat Drennan
Jan 14, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
When a horse and rider are killed in what looks to be a road rage incident, psychic crime investigator, Rosetta is called in: She’d seen it all in a premonition and was unable to stop it happening. Is it road rage? Is it an accident? Is it an international crime? Or, as Rosetta thinks, does the entire incident have its origins in another lifetime? This novel checks all the boxes for a fast-paced British crime mystery, but adds in a whole tertiary layer of government intrigue and paranormal links ...more
Rebecca
Jan 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: review-groups
This book exemplifies the modern author's ability to step outside of the conventional categorizations of genres, mixing and matching elements to create a unique and satisfying tale. Much activity takes place within its pages: a crime to be solved, budding romances, visiting aliens. Each has it part to play in the cohesive whole of the story.

If I had one complaint it would be that I wish the various threads of the story were more evenly spaced throughout the entirety. Just as I was getting deep
Sarah Stuart
Jan 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Rosetta has a gift, and it’s a mixed blessing. She’s a psychic crime investigator, and she sees things before they happen. So, they’re preventable? They are if the local police a) believe her and b) take prompt action. They don’t when Rosetta reports a coming incident of road rage, and the result is a child trapped beneath a dead Olympic-standard horse.

Juliet Jermaine isn’t likable, caring more about the threat to her Olympic hopes due to the loss of her horse than the young rider who died of h
Bruce Polkinghorne
This book runs back and forth between a series of different genre. It is sometimes a detective story, sometimes paranormal, sometimes science fiction, sometimes historical and sometime equestrian.
A horrific crime against horse and rider attracts the attention of a psychic detective. The investigation leads down a whole series of different paths. Past lives, indian history, relationship developments, relationship breakdowns, reincarnation, secret government organisations, aliens, conspiracy theor
J.J. Hughes
Feb 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
A fascinating delve into the world of a psychic detective as she tries to solve the murder of a teenage stable girl in an apparent road-rage incident.
Juliet Jermaine's Olympic Gold Medal winning 3-Day Event horse is killed in the "accident" but is there more to it than just road-rage? Psychic Detective Rosetta Barret believes there is a Karmic link stretching back to the Apache Indians in the nineteenth century that may be wrapped up in this modern-day crime.
This is a page-turning, murder/myst
Kristen
Sep 15, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: upwork
This Spirit of Prophecy took an interesting look at the spirit world and sort of a culture completely different from most of ours. The writing appeared to be thoroughly researched and cared for as the author delicately took the subject and presented the reader with an interesting story that both kept them drawn into this thriller from front to back.

If you are looking for a good read, especially as we approach October, this can keep you in the sci-fi spooky mood.
Catherine
Jan 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
So different to my usual choice of fiction, yet I enjoyed this novel and was absorbed by the storyline. JJ Hughs combines genres skilfully and with ease, the readability of this novel backed up by great writing. An opening for a sequel, I think.
Sue Blanchard
Jan 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
Thankyou to NetGalley, BooksGoSocial and the author, JJ Hughes, for the opportunity to read a digital copy of Spirit Of Prophecy in exchange for an honest, unbiased review.
I was so excited to receive a copy of this book to review. From the premise of the story, I knew it would be a book that I would really enjoy. And I most certainly did.
I loved everything about this book. From the well written storyline and characters to the descriptive scenery, I was enthralled. I cannot wait to read more. 4.
Debbie
Oct 15, 2018
Karyl Ahn White
Nov 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The Spirit of Prophecy by JJ Hughes
Okay. I’ll admit it. This book was a total cover request for me from Netgalley. I didn’t think I’d get approved but YAY!!! I almost bought it JIC, but I am on a hubs-imposed book buying ban. While waiting, looked up everything I could about the book: blurbs, reviews, the trailer- OH MY GOSH! Have you seen the trailer? Even if you’ve read the book already, you need to watch the trailer. Seriously. NOW. It’ll make you wanna read the book all over again. But enoug
Orion
Jul 29, 2018
Wendy   reed
Nov 24, 2018 rated it really liked it
Thank you NetGalley and the publisher for giving me the opportunity to read this book for my honest opinion.
I immediately fell in love with this book in the first chapter. Just the characters and the descriptions of the scenes are amazing. You cannot but become irate and just want to find justice for the victims of the road rage incident. We have all heard of or been a witness to a case of road rage but nothing like this.
I love the fact that Det. Rosetta is bringing in the spirit side to this s
Villy
rated it did not like it
Jul 15, 2018
Anna Szabó
Jan 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Spirit of Prophecy is a wondefully complex and intriguing story. I’ve watched the trailer too and it gave me some idea what I can expect but it gave me so much more. The start was a little confusing but after the first few chapters I got the hang of it.

The story revolves around a police investigation and told from the POV of two of the investigators Rosetta and Rav and than from the POV of Juliet. I’ve grown quite fond of them. Rosetta is definitely my kind of woman, she is a very bullheaded, s
george jannini
Jul 22, 2018
Darren
Aug 10, 2018
J.J Hughes was born in Cottingley, a quaint little village in West Yorkshire, UK. Her grandfather Arthur Shackleton was related to Sir Ernest Shackleton, the polar explorer.
To this day J.J.Hughes believes in elves/fairies/mermaids/unicorns and all things Elemental and Other Worldly.
Authors
Favourite box set : Game of Thrones.
Favourite Movies: Star Wars, Independence Day, The Arrival...... Spirit