Start by marking “Something About Us (Saint and Lucky #2)” as Want to Read:
Something About Us (Saint and Lucky #2)

Something About Us

(Saint and Lucky #2)

Falling in love was the easy part.

Lucky and Saint are head-over-heels for each other. It doesn’t matter that they met only a few months ago. It also doesn’t matter that this is Saint’s first real relationship and Lucky’s first with a man. They’re infatuated, happy, and excited to start their life together in LA.

It isn’t as easy as they thought.

Away from home for t
Published August 12th 2018 by Riley Hart

To ask other readers questions about Something About Us, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Something About Us

Priest by Ella FrankSalt Magic, Skin Magic by Lee  WelchPrivate Charter by N.R. WalkerTo See the Sun by Kelly   JensenCriminal Intentions by Cole McCade
August 2018 MM Releases
124 books — 171 voters
Pink Lace and Stolen Hearts by Jake C. WallaceExposed by Bette BrowneBillie Jean by Claire  DavisThe Empty Egg by Ofelia GrändIrreplaceable by Kate  Hawthorne
Manties
28 books — 14 voters

More lists with this book...

~✡~Dαni(ela) ♥ ♂♂ love & semi-colons~✡~
This book was ... fine.

I realize that's a terribly unsatisfying adjective, but I got nothin'.

This is a low-key, uncomplicated story with mild angst as Lucky gets settled into his new life in L.A. with Saint.

I admit that:

1. I rarely like sequels;
2. I HATE L.A.; and
3. I didn't connect with Saint and Lucky as a couple in the first book.

So that's three strikes against this story right out of the gate that have naught to do with Riley Hart's skill as a writer.

There were a few sweet, not to me
Lyn
2.5 stars..

So this is another case of a would be 5 star story reduced to 2.5 stars because the writing style just wasn't working for me. Me, not the book. Whatever...moving on....
Elsa Bravante
Aug 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
El primer libro, aunque me pareció mono, me gustó menos que este. Aquí la pareja sigue siendo tan agradable como en el anterior, pero los problemas de la vida real provocan un angst que aunmenta el interés de la lectura y les da a los personajes mucha más profundidad.
3.5
Christelle
Opposite attract each other : I love that, even more when it’s relationship-oriented.

Second part of Saint and Lucky’s romancing and love life : Lucky, uprooted and insecure, struggles to find his place and Saint still needs to open himself. Both have to deal with the pressure brought by real life.

I liked to see how they fell for each other despite their differences in Something About You, but I loved witnessing how each of them brought their pieces into this relationship and how they made these
.Lili.

**IF YOU HAVEN'T READ SOMETHING ABOUT YOU: STOP! SPOILERS AHEAD**

Something About Us by Riley Hart is the beautiful follow up to Something About You. At the end of SAY, Lucky decided to move to Los Angeles to be with Saint. The boys quickly learn that "I love you's" are only the start of a relationship. New relationships, in addition to a new city, a new lifestyle with some self-discovery and unresolved personal feelings can take a toll no matter how in love you are.

What I loved:

-Self-discove
Cadiva
Jul 31, 2018 rated it really liked it
This is a beautiful extended epilogue in effect for the romance of Saint and Lucky which Riley first gave us in Something About You when two very different people met and fell in love.

In Something About Us, Lucky and Saint have moved to LA and things are mostly going well, but all isn't smooth sailing and this is a book about how the love story doesn't stop once you say I love you but that it carries on and on and is a work in progress.

There's not a lot happens in this one to be fair, other than
Bo
Aug 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book hard. I loved that it showed Love doesn't solve everything. Couples can struggle to be together, especially when they have little in common. Lucky is going through culture shock moving to L.A. from small town USA. He's a small town boy at heart and Saint is a sophisticated wheeler and dealer. Lucky struggles with finding a job, and feeling like he's mooching off Saint. He struggles being good enough for Saint's friends and colleagues. Saint is still grieving, and doesn't want t ...more
Chris
Aug 16, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: lgbtq
This was sweet and felt like a giant epilogue. I love it when we get a follow up and I appreciated the genuine reality of this - relationships aren’t easy and shit happens. Nothing was perfect and Lucky & Saint both had to work on each other and themselves. It really was lovely ❤ ...more
Amanda
Aug 14, 2018 rated it really liked it
When I read Something About You, I didn't know there will be a sequel, in fact I'm very satisfied with the HFN between Saint and Lucky. Small town boy, Lucky decided to venture out of his comfort zone and follow Saint to LA. Something About Us show us what happened next when you said 'I love you' and decided to uproot your life to follow your love one. In many ways, this book give us the raw deal, the challenges and road bumps along the way during their course of relationship.

We finally get to s
Claude
Aug 21, 2018 rated it really liked it
This was good. Really good.
The book started where we left them. In the car, droving right to Hollywood. Just that. Hollywood. For a small town guy like Lucky (even me!) it’s a BIG step.

I knew Saint was rich but this kind of rich NO. It was a surprise for Lucky (and me haha).
Like all people, the beginning of a relationship is like a honeymoon: we presents ourself in the best light we can. We make some sacrifices that we would not necessarily do after a few months of relationship. As time goes by
Akknieszka
Aug 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: m-m
Zdecydowanie lepsza od jedynki :)
Eugenia
Jan 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: mm
Fantastic audiobook!! 3.5 Stars.....This second book is angsty when compared to the first. This is what happens after the “I love you’s.”

The short and quick of it is that this one dragged at times due to relationship issues between Lucky and Saint. They weren’t communicating and that drive me crazy. Yet, isn’t that the reality of relationships?

I really liked Lucky’s growth in this one—it took time, but let’s just say that more lace and glitter is involved!

All in all, a great pair of books superb
Jess A Jaye
Aug 08, 2018 rated it really liked it
I seem to have gotten a bit slack lately when it comes to reading new releases from Riley. I have no idea why as I freaking love everything she's written and Something About Us is no different.
Something About Us is in essence an epilogue to Something About You where we met and fell in love with Lucky and Saint. In this book we get to see what happened after they got their HEA, well actually in was more HFN in the first book.
I really enjoyed watching Lucky and Saint navigating their way through
Mia Sciberras
Aug 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Something About Us' is an excellent depiction of what really happens after you get your #HEA. I really appreciate the fact that Riley has returned to Saint and Lucky's love story to show what happens after.

Whilst some won't like it, I think it's important in romance to also provide the opportunity to see what happens after the scene fades to black and the #HFN/#HEA has been established. Yes there's love but there's also the struggles, the jealousy, the silly miscommunications, the mistakes, dea
Mimi
Aug 31, 2018 rated it really liked it

Great second book in this series. I loved both Saint and Lucky but I also hated them. They struggled so much with the issues and the problems they had but throughout it all their love didn't falter.

I'm really glad I read this series and hope we can get one more book.

MillsyLovesBooks
Aug 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I loved Saint and Lucky in Something About You, and was over the moon to know we were getting a follow on story of these two loveable characters.

At the end of Something About You, we saw Lucky and Saint drive off to start their life together in LA. Things are mostly going well, but all isn't smooth sailing while they navigate this new change for both of them. With Lucky like a fish out of water in a new city and Saint not grieving over the loss of his grandmother Alice. Is their love strong enou
Joyfully Jay
Oct 10, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: michelle
A Joyfully Jay review.

Something About Us directly follows Something About You and is not intended to stand alone. This book follows Lucky and Saint as Lucky moves to LA to be with Saint. I liked the first book and was interested to see what the next chapter would be for the guys.

The story followed an expected track as the guys encounter growing pains they weren’t anticipating. They know they love each other, but they didn’t realize how much work it would be to fit each other into thei
Barb ~rede-2-read~
ARC provided by the publisher through Scattered Thoughts and Rogue Words in exchange for an impartial review.

I had the pleasure of reading this immediately after completing Something About You, book one in the series. Both books were terrific, and this one seamlessly built on the foundation Lucky and Saint began in book one.

Lucky leaves his family and small hometown for the first time in his life as he accompanies Saint back to his world in LA. Fascinated, frightened, and frustrated all come to
LauraSt
Sep 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: bdsm-kink, m-m
Amazing road to love and acceptance!

What can I say? I couldn’t have expected less, another amazing story by Riley Hart.
Most stories have their HEA’s and everyone says I love you and none of the characters can live without the other, and they love across seas and leaving everything behind, but really, what happens after? After you leave everything you know behind and only count on love to push you through.
Well, Saint and Lucky’s story was a GREAT AMAZING AWESOME book about exactly that, and I
BR11
Riley at her best. And who doesn’t want to read more about Saint and his pretty boy? This book is hot, sweet, romantic and, did I say hot? Lucky and Saint surely know how to burn those sheets while figuring out how they will merge their two very different lives.
Books 1 and 2 recommended.
And do I sense a story for Aaron with Lucky’s sweet boss? I’ll definitely be on the watch out for it.
Claudia
Sep 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I loved the first book and was really happy that there was a second book - especially as there were a lot of open points.

I thingk this one showed all the troubles a couple has, if they from two very different places ur cultures or family backgrounds.

all in all it was very well done!
Lori
Aug 17, 2018 rated it liked it
Something About Us is the follow-up to the fabulous story about Saint and Lucky. I absolutely loved the first book, Something About You. I thought it was a refreshing story without all the usual hang-ups characters have when dealing with vast differences like race, class, etc. Usually, the characters let their preconceived notions about the other get in their way. That was not the case in Something About You. Unfortunately, the same cannot be said about Something About Us. In this book, we learn ...more
Nikki
Dec 06, 2018 rated it it was ok
Shelves: audiobook, scribd
this was ok. that's it. lucky and saint seem determined to sabotage their relationship because they have perfected the art of making mountains out of molehills. also, there were times it felt preachy, especially from Saint's POV. there were several little mini-lessons on the realities of the LGBTQ community. and any time one of these men expresses a preference or a dislike, this is accompanied by rambling disclaimers like "it's ok if some people like this thing, but I don't like this thing. but ...more
Kk
Nov 24, 2018 rated it liked it
While reading this book, I'm reminded of a scene from Jewel of the Nile starring Danny Devito & Michael Douglas. ..heres the quote..

Joan Wilder: My heart just isn't in it. I mean, romance just doesn't seem real to me anymore.

Gloria: Real? You don't write real - you write about people that sail off into the god damn sunset.

Joan Wilder: Well, what about the next day, when the sun comes up?

Gloria: There is no next day! That's why it's a romance. You've got to stop confusing real life with a rom
Jenny Wood
Aug 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
Sighhhh, Lucky and Saint….

We met them first in “Something About You” when Lucky reached out to Saint on behalf of his neighbor who his grandmother’s lifelong friend/roommate/love. They’re about as different as night and day, one being from small town Virginia and the other from LA. But, despite that, and the fact that Lucky wasn’t out to anyone in his small town… the feelings they had for each other was undeniable.

However, in this one…. Lucky things aren’t so easy just because they love each o
Xanthe
Aug 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
We carry on following Lucky and Saint in book two of this series. After such a great first book, this one has a lot to live up to and it fully stands up to the job!
Lucky has left his home town, family, job and friends to move to LA with Saint. It's a big adjustment, especially after they haven't been together that long and emotions quickly building between them.
Saint's life is vastly different to Lucky's; a high powered job, a house in the Hollywood hills, a Corvette and a Mercedes, nights out
Cee Brown
♥.•♥.•*♥) ♥.•*♥
(.•♥ (.•`♥There was just something about them...

I did not want it to end. But every story has a beginning, a middle and an end. And for Saint and Lucky, their ending was only their beginning. I hope to look back one day with fond memories of my time reading about their passion, their struggles and their need to become one. Yes, Riley Hart, that is a hint to throw us readers a bone and give us a wedding and a honeymoon. I'll ever take a novella.

Saint and Lucky were back, making a
Joelle
Aug 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2019-sh-recs
In Something About You, Riley Hart dug deep and showed us Saint & Lucky's vulnerabilities. With every page she made us fall in love with them. She revealed their secrets and broke our hearts but left us with hope for their beautiful future together.

Now she's given us the continuation of their story in Something About Us.

This book left me speechless, teary-eyed and surprised at how much I needed this book. I was happy with the way Something About You ended. I didn't need to know what happene
Ntokozo M
Aug 17, 2018 rated it really liked it
Saint and Lucky are back and this time they may have opened up about their feelings for one another but there’re discovering that there’s more to being in a relationship than the saying “I love you” part!

Diving back into this couple was so great! They are in LA and Lucky is having trouble adjusting. What will he do all day while Saint works? What will Saint’s friends think of him? Are he and Saint just too different to work?

With Saint dealing (or not dealing, as the case may be) with his feelin
Suzi (Obsessive Reading Disorder)
4.5 Stars

I am a self proclaimed epilogue whore so this book was all the love before I even started on page one! Love that the author gave us more of the story with these two. Lucky and Saint are trying to make a go of a new relationship and for Lucky, a new place to live. All things are new and exciting and lonely and scary all wrapped into one.

Great way to round out the first book. Love isn't easy. Lucky and Saint have what it takes for the long haul. They just needed some time to get it all s
  • Dirty Love (Dirty Deeds, #3)
  • To Live Again (The Distance Between Us #6, Wilde's #8)
  • Six Degrees of Agony (By Degrees, #3)
  • When Christmas Lights are Blue
  • Marriage Rules (Breaking the Rules, #3)
  • His Uptown Guy
  • Masterpiece (Men of Hidden Creek - Season 3, #2)
  • Surrendering My Affection (Sulfur Springs #4)
  • Mistletoe (Men of Hidden Creek - Season 3, #6)
  • Other Side of the Line
  • Cash (Lucky, #2)
  • Detour (Transportation, #1)
  • Truth & Betrayal
  • Wages of Sin
  • Homebird
  • Mad & Marvelous (Sassy Boyz, #4)
  • The Extraordinaries (The Extraordinaries, #1)
  • Home for Christmas (Texas #9)
Riley Hart is the girl who wears her heart on her sleeve. She's a hopeless romantic. A lover of sexy stories, passionate men, and writing about all the trouble they can get into together. If she's not writing, you'll probably find her reading.

Riley lives in California with her awesome family, who she is thankful for everyday.

Saint and Lucky (2 books)
  • Something About You (Saint and Lucky, #1)