Start by marking “Reckless Miles (The Miles Family #3)” as Want to Read:
Reckless Miles (The Miles Family #3)

Reckless Miles

(Miles Family #3)

4.86  ·  Rating details ·  182 Ratings  ·  100 Reviews
“I love being naked. Naked is awesome.” ~Cooper Miles

Life used to be an endless party. I worked hard and played harder—as often as possible. But things change—people change—and lately the party life isn’t doing it for me.

Enter Amelia. It isn’t every day that you meet a girl in a wedding dress in a bar. A girl whose life just took a sharp left turn she wasn’t expecting.

Kis

To ask other readers questions about Reckless Miles, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Reckless Miles

Carol [Goodreads Addict]
Reckless Miles is book three in The Miles Family series by Claire Kingsley. I’ve loved this series from the start but have been especially excited about Cooper’s book. Cooper is the fun brother, the unpredictable brother. The brother that everyone loves because he just radiates happiness but that loves the people closest to him with his whole heart. He loves big and he lives big. The author’s blurb for this book is so spot on it’s hard to think of what else to tell you about this to help you to ...more
Vintage
I first read about Cooper in the first book, Broken Miles. He and his best friend Chase were absolutely crazy together. Somehow, someway I jumped from mediocre book one to this. Hysterical.

Cooper is an ADD, sweet, loving, madcap idiot. He meets Amelia in a weak moment for both, and they start an affair. He's the kind of character that you will either love or will drive you crazy with his banter and lunacy.

Amelia's crush, now fiancee, has left her at the altar and she's a sweet little virgin in n
Maria
Sep 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
So reading this book has been like stepping on a rollercoaster and going for a wild ride. Indeed, our young rascal and hurricane has finally found his match. Cooper is unique but once his best friend has married his sister and his brother and wife have become parents, he knows that nothing will be the same again. So what happens? Amelia actually happens next. She’s the “unlucky” girl who has been abandoned on the altar by her future husband. Her only concern is to leave the already meaningless c ...more
Amanda Michael
Doesn’t let you down

I’ve been impatiently waiting for this book since I first met Cooper in Broken Miles. I was kinda nervous that it wouldn’t live up to the hype but Claire didn’t let me down. This was everything I was hoping for and loved getting to see more sides to Cooper. Amelia is a perfect companion for Cooper and can keep up with his type of crazy. If you love romantic comedies then this book is for you!
Tracy Cox
Sep 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Copper Miles, you lovable sexy goofball! Amelia and Cooper fall fast and hard. You know she really gets him when the “Wyatt the cowboy” scene happens 🤣. Well worth the wait!!!
Kimberly
Sep 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I’m not quite sure what to do with myself now that I’ve got Cooper’s story in my hands and finished it in one morning. I feel like I’ve waited forever for him to tell me his story and just like that, it’s over. However, I will say this….Cooper was SO worth the wait.

Claire Kingsley has given us a story of two people who just fit together like no other couple I’ve read. Cooper and Amelia balance each other out, they make each other feel things like never before, like everything is pure magic.

I lau
Peggy R
Where to start and what to say? Well, Reckless Miles is the story I think many of Claire's readers have been waiting for - it's Cooper's story. Cooper Miles is one of those characters whose personality and presence just jumps off the page and demands his story be told. He is one of my favorite characters - not just in Claire's books but in any book. I thought Claire created an amazing story and partner for Cooper. This book was perfect. I smiled the entire time I read it (which was the one day i ...more
kookyquinn
If you're reading this review to decide if you should buy this book. Yes. If you haven't read Book 1&2, buy those too. You know why? They each contain: Cooper Miles. Ok ok, there's more:

Each book is romantic, heartwarming and has just enough going on to keep you riveted without making you want to throw your Kindle. But this book? THIS BOOK? It will literally make you LOL, you will tear up (happy tears) and swoon like a historical romance heroine.

There's no cheating, no violence, nothing gros
NovelMomma
Sep 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc
Rating - 5

I felt like I hit the ground running with this book, but if it was a rollercoaster ride, I didn’t want to get off! The action and excitement were there from the very first page, which is very fitting for Cooper. If you’ve been following this series, you know his personality is as big as his heart, and that came through from beginning to end.

Cooper, the jokester, the fun guy, the one who can’t be bothered with pants, met his match in this book. I absolutely love him and Amelia. They fit
M
Sep 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
COOOOOOPPPPPPEEEEEERRRR! I have been dying for Copper's story since I fell in love with him in Broken Miles. This funny, charmingly, charismatic , energizer bunny of a man, has now forever stolen my heart. Behind all the laughs, is a man that is so much more. Cooper's capacity to love is beyond measure. He's a caretaker in every sense of the word. He is sensitive and kind and would do anything for those he loves. And when he loves, he loves with every fiber of his being, every corner of his hear ...more
Caroline F
Sep 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc, dual-pov, virgin, rwa
As Cooper Miles would say, this book was "awesome"!

"There was something happening inside of me. Sparks and crackles and pings of electricity."

Cooper is like an over-zealous but adorable puppy. He's just full-on hyperactive, big on fun and spontaneity, and he's a real ladies' man. However, since he lost his wingman, the fun seems to have gone out of the easy hook-ups. The moment he meets the girl in the white wedding dress on the barstool next to him, he knows that she's different from any woman
Nancy Mederos
Sep 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Another phenomenal book by Claire Kingsley! This book is the embodiment of what a sweet, funny, heartfelt book should be. One of the most entertaining, captivating books I’ve read this year. Reckless Miles is the third book in The Miles Family series, as much as I love books one and two (because I really do love them) this book takes the cake. Cooper Miles made my heart melt!

Cooper and Amelia meet after a very life altering day. Copper was feeling lost, and Amelia had been left at the altar. One
Mae Wood
Sep 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Cooper Miles is buoyant and happy-go-lucky. He's truly a joy. He's not a playboy in the typical romance hero way. He's not a womanizer at all. He's just always open to a good time. And he's happy with his life - it's all he's ever wanted. Then a fling with a bride jilted at the altar of her wedding held at Cooper's family vineyard and *bam* he's in love for the first time.

Sexy farmer? Who has a great sense of humor and zest for life?

If you love happy books. If you love men who make you laugh.
Amanda Wright
Sep 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Oh, Cooper 😍 Reckless Miles is the 3rd book in the Miles Family Series...and if you you haven’t read the others, you MUST right now!! One of my very favorite series with lots of family connections and swoons men!

Cooper. I’m not sure exactly how to describe Cooper accurately. He is crazy and funny, loyal and loving, and has such a genuine honesty. His role in the Miles Family up until this point has been kind of the crazy kooky brother that only a few people understood. In Reckless Miles, we get
Jess F Hey Girl HEA
Sep 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
You know the world is right when the fun-loving, never settle down, party boy meets his person.

Don't get me wrong, Cooper Miles isn't a jerk. He's not a get it and quit it type guy, per se. He just lives life to the fullest and feels that strings and attachments make that life easier. Cooper is a great friend, a great son, and a great brother. He's funny and quite charming.

Here comes Amelia, trying to forget it all and figure it all out. Cooper is a great person to take her mind off things. But
Jillian Janecka
Sep 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This book was so amazing!

If you weren't already in love with Cooper Miles from the first two book in this series, then this one will get you.

Cooper and Amelia are a match made in heaven. Cooper is funny, charismatic and a little weird. Amelia is left at the altar and feeling a little lost, but finds herself and everything she could ever want in Cooper Miles.

This book has super hot chemistry, laugh out loud comedy and bring you to tears drama. I'm a big fan of Claire Kingsley's writing and this b
Missie Mitchell
Sep 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
You know when a book is so amazing that you can’t put it down... That was this book! It was so amazing, and wonderful, and everything I wanted from the third book in the Miles Family Series. Laugh out loud funny, sweet as pie, and a bit of drama to keep you hooked- this book is everything!

Cooper and Amelia were so perfect for each other. Every little odd thing about one complimented the other. They were perfectly matched in every way and I just loved it!

I’ve always been able to pick a favorite
Erica
Sep 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Claire Kingsley created a feel good, loyal, humorous, easy to love character in Cooper. The glimpses she shared of him in the 2 previous books left me feeling anxious for his story and she did not disappoint. Even though I enjoyed all three books, this has definitely edged out the others as my favorite. There is something oddly satisfying about seeing a man that has seemingly sworn off commitment take the fall. The fact that he fell for the beautiful, curvy, kind, unsuspecting Amelia made the st ...more
Brianna
Sep 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
You literally cannot get better than Cooper Miles. That man, he is amazing. Its absolutely impossible not to fall for him, because he's that amazing. He's funny, sweet, loyal. Yeah, I basically described a puppy. But read this book, and you'll get it.

Now what to say about Amelia? Basically, she's amazing. She has some stuff happen, but she rises above it. She steps out of her box, and suddenly finds a life she wasn't expecting. Does she keep it? Does she walk away? What does she do?!

Like every C
Regan Pierce
So much fun

I always thought Cooper was a bit full of himself, even though he was a good guy. But he is fiercely loyal, silly, and loves his family with a passion! Enter Amelia, with a distant family, trying to force a wedding between her and a guy to help with their social standing.
It turns out she is the yin to Cooper’s yang! And while they are finding their HEA, we get to see all the other characters we love, and meet a couple new ones. Read this book! You will love it!
Brandi
Sep 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I've been waiting to read Cooper Miles' story since I was first introduced to him. I knew he would be a riot and his ride would be one thrill after another.
And a girl in a wedding dress at a bar?
Well, that's bound to be an interesting time.

Cooper does not and will not disappoint. He's the Miles you want to get to know. He's the one who will make you smile. He's gonna melt your heart. And you're going to love him more at the end of this story than you ever thought possible.
Laura Cole
Sep 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I have been waiting (not so) patiently for Cooper's story throughout reading the previous 2 books of the series, and of course, Claire did not disappoint! Cooper and Amelia's story is that unexpected love that just reaches out and surprises them when neither are looking for anything serious. I've been waiting for Cooper to find the one and Amelia was absolutely perfect (I mean, she speaks Cooper, so she has to be!). The continuation of the Cooper family backstory just keeps getting better and be ...more
Cheryl Graham Petit
Sep 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Claire Kingsley has a unique talent of giving her readers exactly what they want and so much more. She has the ability to pull you into the story and doesn't let you go until the very end. Reckless Miles is beautifully written with lots of humor, well-developed and likeable characters, a fantastic storyline, a touch of suspense, love, and the right amount of steam.

I volunteered to review an advance reader copy of this book.
Deann Polzin
Sep 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Loved! Loved! Loved! I knew Cooper's story was going be good and I was not disappointed! So worth the wait. I've always been a fan of Claire Kingsley and have enjoyed everything she's written. Cooper is a strong character, who is a little warped but so loveable, and Amelia seems to be able to understand and speak Cooperisms. I laughed out loud, cried a little and was rewarded with the happily ever after. I finished the book with a smile on my face and hope that we'll soon learn all about Leo. De ...more
Jackie D
Sep 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I have to confess; Claire Kingsley blew my expectations out of the water with Cooper's story, so much so- I have read it twice within days of each other!

" I liked being reckless. It was like crack to me."- Cooper

If its possible to love a fictional character more than I already do, I am in over my head!

Just like "my" * ahem* Cooper himself, this story is a tornado of feels! Laughter, sadness mixed with tears, anger, and frustration, confusion and an inferno of lust, love, and burning of mattresse
Debbie
Sep 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: books-read-2018
Cooper has led a colourful life, he likes beer and women, and rarely goes home alone! Amelia is a good girl, who runs into Cooper in a bar after she is jilted at the altar! One night together treads to a weekend together and they just can’t get enough of each other.

Amelia’s parents expect a lot from her and one thing they want is for her to forgive her fiancé and move forward with him! Amelia and Cooper have other ideas and start to put labels on their relationship! She buys him the cutest sill
Christine
Sep 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
For those of you who are eagerly awaiting this story, let me tell you that Cooper is absolutely worth the wait! This story was fantastic and I kept stopping to take small breaks while reading so I didn't get through it so fast.

From start to finish, there wasn't one thing about this story that I didn't like. You get the classic Cooper one-liners that are just so awesome, more of his bromance with Chase, even some wonderful moments with Leo that don't happen very often.

And the best part of the s
Sep 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
So, so good!! I've been looking forward to Cooper's story and I was NOT disappointed!

Amelia was left at the alter....but it was the best thing that could have happened. As was meeting Cooper Miles on the night of her would-be wedding. Deciding to hang out with Cooper and take a Cooper-moon on what should have been her honeymoon was also awesome. Now she.must decide what to do with the rest of her life....and if she can live Cooper-less?I

COOPER!!! I loved him so much in the other books in this se
Nicki - The Overflowing Bookcase
I have been waiting for Cooper's story since the first book in the series came out. He was always the one character who was woven into every other character and I had no idea how he was going to stand on his own. But my fears were unfounded as Claire Kingsley has written her best book yet. Cooper finally finds his perfect someone who "speaks Cooper" and understands although he is fun and games on the surface, underneath he is so much more. The level of warmth, family interaction and constant hum ...more
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
Goodreads Librari...: two book listings 2 11 Sep 21, 2018 08:25AM
Claire Kingsley writes smart, sexy romances. Her books feature sassy and often quirky heroines, swoony heroes who love their women hard, panty-melting sexytimes, romantic happily ever afters, and ALL the big feels.

She can’t imagine life without coffee, her Kindle, and the sexy heroes who inhabit her imagination. She’s living out her own happily ever after in the Pacific Northwest with her husband

Miles Family (3 books)
  • Broken Miles (Miles Family, #1)
  • Forbidden Miles (The Miles Family Series Book 2)