Start by marking “Words From An Unlikely Poet: Volume 2: Further Thoughts” as Want to Read:
Words From An Unlikely Poet: Volume 2: Further Thoughts

Words From An Unlikely Poet: Volume 2: Further Thoughts

Charlie Hasler returns with his second book of poems. Further Thoughts is one man’s view of the world around him. It is a candid expression of the trials that come with battling mental health demons, the exhaustion that comes with the search and pursuit of happiness and the inner peace that is achieved once finding it.
Published August 11th 2018

To ask other readers questions about Words From An Unlikely Poet, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Words From An Unlikely Poet

Start your review of Words From An Unlikely Poet: Volume 2: Further Thoughts
Ray
Dec 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ebook, poems
Powerful words from an often troubled mind, occasionally slightly hopeful mind, but always a thoughtful mind.

These are the words of someone struggling with their thoughts, but learning how to control express the poetry of these internal experiences with precision.

Indeed, powerful words.
Grady
Sep 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
‘I won that ghastly battle, Now watch me win the war.’

British poet Charlie Hasler lives in North Wales and works at a Law firm based in Chester. Writing in his spare time. His respected poetry is gaining a strong following, and for good reason. Charlie is Dyslexic but he states he ‘does not find it to be a hindrance, especially when it comes to his poetry writing, quite the opposite in fact.’ His poems often reflect the approach the demands and the challenges of those with mental health problems
John Farebrother
Jan 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Another great volume of verse from a master manipulator of speech. The author draws on all the aspects of the written word - sounds, form, associations, layout - to forge and shape his creations. The reflection of a dark inner world, of depression and anguish, but ending on a positive note. Happy new year!
Kimelene Carr
Mar 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
... beautiful expression of the inner voice

As in Book 1, the poet draws on the emotions of the reader through reflective, moving words and exposes the reader to a range of feelings and situations. Truly another beautiful expression of the inner voice!
Lisa Reynolds
Aug 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Words From An Unlikely Poet: Volume 2: Further Thoughts (2018) by Charlie Hasler is the 38-page follow-up to the author’s first poetry collection Words From An Unlikely Poet.

The collection is another beautifully written set of poems. The poems have both a poetic and accessible quality to them and speak of mental health, the struggle to find inner happiness and serenity and what these inner feelings feel like when finally realized.

The poems are extremely heartfelt and each poem delves deep into r
Nigel Smith
Aug 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I have been a fan of Mr Hasler's poetry for some time and this his second book confirms why. Although very much in the Hasler style there is a change in this collection compared to his first book. Here still is the hard-hitting emotional poetry but now it's found in more varied forms, differing lengths, rhythms and word placement . Mr Hasler is an Outsider Poet, in the sense that he writes from a compulsion to create, to express with no expectations. It is pure art, and does not bow or conform. ...more
Karen Horsley
Oct 23, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: poetry
Charlie had a lot to live up to following his excellent first book of poetry Words from an unlikely poet, you may wish to read my review which awarded it a very worthy five stars. Volume 2 has some similarities; it is again a slender book of verse and many poems are themed on emotional angst, however I feel this book has a more compact range of expression.

Beginning with the romantically titled ‘Pink Skied City’ which, although not romantic in theme, uses almost romantic language to describe the

Joanna
Dec 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I previously read volume 1 of this book and I didn't think it could be topped but I was wrong about that!!

Charlie messaged me offering me a read of his new book and I happily accepted the free read.
I certainly was not disappointed and was overflowed with many emotions. Everyone should read this masterpiece as everyone has probably felt these emotions at least once in their lives and can truly appreciate the messages he's sending across

I cannot wait for more of his work as I'll be first in line
SALLY WHITE
Nov 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I read this authors previous volume which I found enjoyable. This is another compelling read with verses based on personal past experiences and composed from the heart. The author lays bare his emotions again and there are harrowing tales of despair and darkness, but also hope of a new start of optimism and happiness,
Catherine Tricarico
Nov 21, 2018
Avid
Oct 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Having read Mr Hasler's first book of poetry I felt I could hear his voice in my head while reading his latest poems. This second book was in parts difficult to read describing regret and despair, but equally there was beauty, gentleness and expressions of hope written from the heart. I look forward to a third volume from this fine poet.
Derek  Franklin

• The Transformers Classics, Volume 1
  • Dr. Katz: The Audio Files
  • A World Without Color: A True Story Of the Last Three Days With My Cat
  • Fall, or Dodge in Hell
  • Cibola Burn (The Expanse, #4)
  • Darth Plagueis
  • Birds of Prey, Volume 1: End Run
  • Birds of Prey, Volume 2: The Death of Oracle
  • 1st to Die (Women's Murder Club, #1)
Charlie Hasler was born in North West England but now he lives in North Wales with his fiancé, Dog Dylan and Cat Bella.
His writing started a few years ago but was something he always put down more than picked up. After a tough couple of years he has found himself writing again.
Charlie's writing mainly focuses around poetry. He is Dyslexic but does not find it to be a hindrance, especially when it