Start by marking “Candy Color Paradox, Vol. 1” as Want to Read:
Candy Color Paradox, Vol. 1

Candy Color Paradox, Vol. 1

(Ameiro Paradox #1)

Reporter Onoe and photographer Kaburagi constantly bicker and argue on their stakeouts, but will their antagonistic behavior paradoxically evolve into something sweeter?

Satoshi Onoe, a reporter for a weekly magazine, has a new stakeout partner, and he’s anything but thrilled about it. Photographer Motoharu Kaburagi’s unconventional reporting methods and overall bad attitud
Published March 12th 2019 by SuBLime (first published March 30th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Candy Color Paradox, Vol. 1, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Candy Color Paradox, Vol. 1

Shan(Littleirishbookcat)
This was so good. Better than I expected.

What I loved so much about this was three things. 1) - We actually had a storyline that didn't become secondary to the romance.
2) - The romance was freaking adorable. Also it was slow burn!!
3) - The characters bisexuality was actually acknowledged!

- It was just adorable and a great read. Looking forward to volume 2.
Ari
Apr 25, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: yaoi-manga
AWWWWWW I LOVE IT!!!
and this is my fave scene ♥_♥

blurting "ILOVEYOU" in the middle of fight...wellll...that's sweet ♥_♥

and by the way, the guy in my avatar... it's him!!!
Dany
This is one of those mangas that I tend to get from time to time via Edelweiss in exchange of my thoughts. And my thought is, I liked it, but it was not original... you can see what the plot will be just from the cover, so yeah... cute but predictable.

Thanks for reading my thoughts!

Chris
Feb 21, 2019 rated it it was ok
Shelves: manga
I received my copy of Candy Color Paradox, Vol. 1 from the publisher through Edelweiss+.

It's a story about two guys who work together as journalists but act more like high school students. First Onoe likes Kaburagi, then Kaburagi likes Onoe while Onoe refuses to acknowledge that he likes Kaburagi. This volume seems complete in itself, but there are two other volumes so now I wonder what else happens.
Sophie
Aug 19, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
When I attempted reading this for the first time, I didn't get past the first chapter because the bickering was too much for me. But recently I read a lot of other great manga by Isaku Natsume, so I decided to give it another try. And once I got past the first chapter, I really liked it.
Min Li Li
May 23, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: yaoi, manga
Oyy çok tatlıydınız siz yaa. <3

Şirin tadımlık bir hikaye.Keşke daha çok bölüm olsaymış. *-*
M
Oct 25, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
love it! :)
Erin (_everysecondbook)
”Damn that silver-tongued bastard”

3.5/5 stars

CONTENT WARNING: sexual assault, explicit sex scenes

So this was cute, I liked how the romance was kind of hate to love? But now I just need them to be in love. Beware there is that strange line of consent that many BL mangas seem to walk. The whole no I don’t want to but in reality I do and I’m playing hard to get but when someone says no, it means no? So that bothered me. There’s no grey area here people.

Also possible spoiler so I’ll hide it (I don’t
Carolina Urán
Un cambio en el equipo de trabajo arroja a Onoe, reportero de una revista semanal, junto a su contemporáneo, Kaburagi, un fotógrafo. Onoe considera en secreto a Kaburagi como su rival, y la forma descuidada de Kaburagi de hacer las cosas va en contra del fuerte sentido de la ética de Onoe: no hay más que conflicto entre ellos.
Pero a medida que pasan tiempo juntos, ambos van comenzando a ver un lado diferente del otro, el desarrollo de su relación se da poco a poco, (view spoiler)
Danielle Chambers
Dec 20, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: manga-comics, lgbt
Cute story. Both characters are likable. I'm glad there was an actual story and it didn't get pushed to the side for the romance. There was definitely some dub con there, but for the most part it felt like Onoe had the choice to stop Kaburagi if he really wanted to. It seemed more like Kaburagi was pushing Onoe out of his comfort zone into what he really wanted. It maybe could have been handled a little better seeing as Onoe was still coming to terms with liking guys and it was his first time wi ...more
Hikaoru
Jealous of your collegue is a thing...hahaha, of course it is.

The thing is, we tend to feel that we'd do better work and the world is out to get us but for real, it's not. We just have to do better and sometimes they can teach you stuff too. Or perhaps, what not to do.

The one-sided rivalry is so cute.
Jake Bravo
May 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Que me llama la atencion
Zolhanchs
Aug 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: saga, favoritos
Lo ame, sigo releyendo
Ruthsic
Warnings: attempted sexual assault, explicit sex scenes

Rep: Both main characters are bisexual

Candy Color Paradox is the rivals-to-love romance it promises to be, with the story being that a young reporter is paired with a prolific photographer, and while they are investigating shady public figures, they fall in love. Is the story cheesy? Yep! Full of tropes? Yep! Basically Onoe is predisposed to hate Kaburagi because his girlfriend left him for the latter, who has sort of a playboy reputation in
Sherry
Jul 10, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really like enemies to lovers storylines, so I was pretty sure that I would enjoy this and I wasn't wrong.
The story is mostly told from Onoe's POV so Kabu's love confession came a bit too sudden for my liking. Obviously Kabu cares for Onoe, he protects him and is worried for him but still... And a bit more UST would've been great *hehe* I guess I'm just being too greedy here. Overall this was really what I was expecting and I'm looking forward to volume 2 (^^)

What I didn't like at all was that
madamada-chan
Jul 22, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: bl-manga
A very funny story, and the couple is so endearing. I never get tired of reading about them!

The characters are both interesting as individuals, but they're so different they keep clashing. And oh, the things these two get themselves into (laughs).

Very cute art, and really great story. As expected from Natsume Isaku-sensei ♥
Ririn
HILARIOUS.
I love it that even after they're dating (Onoe isn't so sure whether they actually date tho XD) their dumb interaction doesn't change much.
Onoe claims that Kabu always treats him like shit and when he's being gentle he's disgusting XDDDD dumb boys *still rolling on the floor laughing*
Ercsi91
Feb 10, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Quite good story...reading this stuff...being a journalist myself...hahha xD
Ashley Chen
Okay, this is just sooooooooooooooooo boring!!!!
Yuri Aoi
Apr 05, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: bl_boys_love
夏目さん、いいのよね~ 余裕を感じる。
Rendi Febrian
Sep 11, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Kyaaaaa!!! When they fight, and the Seme said because I love you, ouhhhh!!! I feel like Kate Middleton when she being a duchess! Happy, I mean!
Enya
Apr 24, 2015 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: bl-and-yaoi
just kind of browsed through it. was ok.
Sho
Apr 08, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
やっぱり夏目先生のおはなしは、こう男の子の突っ張っている感じがぐっとかわいくて、作家買いをしてしまいます。今回は続き物で、やっと最後にカップルとなりつつも、これからライバル・仲間として波乱がありそうな二人のさらなるお話を楽しみにしています。
Hoà Sohara
  • ほんと野獣 3 [Honto Yajuu 3]
  • 花は咲くか 1 [Hana wa Saku ka 1]
  • 夢結び恋結び 4 [Yume Musubi Koi Musubi 4]
  • Love Mode, Vol. 10
  • Castle Mango, Vol. 1 (Castle Mango, #1)
  • Only Serious About You 2

Chekera!

Name (in native language) : 夏目イサク

Zodiac : Leo

Blood type : O

She runs two doujin circles :

1st Doujinshi Circle : 139
2nd Doujinshi Cirle : Chekera

Isaku Natsume's manga Tight Rope has been adapted to an OVA by PrimeTime.

Likes : reading and travelling.

Favourite food : white rice.

List of all her works (detailed) : http://infbot.cocolog-nifty.c

Ameiro Paradox (3 books)
  • 飴色パラドックス 2 [Ameiro Paradox 2] (Amber Paradox #2)
  • Ameiro Paradox, Band 3