Start by marking “Vow of Thieves” as Want to Read:
Vow of Thieves

Vow of Thieves

(Dance of Thieves #2)

Kazi and Jase have survived, stronger and more in love than ever. Their new life now lies before them―the Ballengers will be outlaws no longer, Tor's Watch will be a kingdom, and the two of them will meet all challenges side by side, together at last.

But an ominous warning mars their journey back, and in their rush to return to Tor's Watch, just outside the fortress walls,
Expected publication: August 6th 2019 by Henry Holt and Co. (BYR)

To ask other readers questions about Vow of Thieves, please sign up.
Mighty After finishing this book, it wraps up the story from book 1 very neatly. I don't foresee another in this series. However there is plenty of room for…moreAfter finishing this book, it wraps up the story from book 1 very neatly. I don't foresee another in this series. However there is plenty of room for more in the same world. The very ending scene in the book suggest there may be some Chaos being sown in the world, for future sagas.(less)

Candace Robinson
I absolutely loved the Kiss of Deception novels and the first book in this duology spinoff was great too! So my question was, how would this second book end? And applause, applause! Because it was very well done!

Reading the dual POVs from Jase and Kazi were both awesome! I loved and cared for them rather equally, which is usually a hard concept for me! I generally prefer one character over the other!

In this story, intense stuff goes down and it had my pulse racing! Without giving too much away,
Cheryl
Sep 28, 2018 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
August 2019. WHY DID I READ DANCE OF THIEVES NOW????

7/12/19 - I DO NOT want to rush a chunk of summer away, BUT, less than a month!!!!
Helena of Sparta ✰ (on semi-hiatus)
OMG...THIS COVER...WOW...MAY I HAVE IT NOW, PLEASE?! 😍
Stacee
After reading and devouring Dance of Thieves, I started Vow as soon as I got it in my greedy hands.

I love love love Kazi and Jase. I love how they’re strong on their own, but even better and stronger together. I love their banter and sweet swoons and basically everything between them.

Plot wise, man...I wasn’t ready at all. This is a roller coaster of kissing and fighting and stabbing and explosions and treachery. Throw in a couple of surprising reveals and character appearances and I didn’t know
Erin Arkin
Ahhhhhh so good!! Full review to come.
Nia •ShadesOfPaper•
DANCE OF THIEVES: ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

VOW OF THIEVES: *review to come*

Blog | Twitter

....

PLEASE TELL ME THERE’S GOING TO BE A THIRD ONE ADVFNKJLS
*review to come*

UPDATE: Thank you Macmillan and Henry Holt for the ARC Your girl got an ARC!!

Oh my god! I’ve just seen this cover and I screamed so loud my cat almost jumped out of the window.

BUT LOOK AT THAT BEAUTY WOW. We stan.
Mai
Mar 21, 2019 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Don’t get me wrong, I understand the difference between wants and needs.

And I am telling y’all that I NEED this book.

SEND HELP!
Avy  (Book Looney) ❄️

Me finishing the last couple of chapters of this heart breaking book.

Not only did Mary Pearson give me an advanced reader's copy at YALLWEST, she did it with the intention of breaking my heart, because that's exactly what this book did. IT BROKE MY HEART.

Why was this book so precious? Well let's count the ways, shall we?

1. The writing
2. The beautiful OTPs
3. The powerful, strong, independent heroines
4. Those fight scenes (my God they were amazingly written)
5. The fact that she brought back all m
Gaby
Apr 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I don't think Mary E. Pearson is capable of writing a book I won't love. The second half of Jase and Kazi's story was just as compelling and exciting as the first half. Such a solid, exciting, lush, and delightful fantasy - perfect for fans of Marie Rutkoski, Tamora Pierce, and Robin LaFevers.
Alice
Feb 03, 2019 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Pre-review: I swore off this as an insta-buy but why they gotta make such a nice cover to make me waver like this.
Christine Manzari
This was absolute perfection. I fell even ore in love with Jace and Kazi...and the entire Ballenger clan.
Jessica (a GREAT read)
Review to come July 30th
Cheryl
I wish that this book had provided a recap of some kind at the beginning. I couldn't remember what had occurred in the previous book and that would have been helpful.
Loretta (Laughing Listener)
The Laughing Listener
*I was graciously given a free copy in exchange for an honest review*
June 2019
Format: eBook
Overall Rating: 5 Stars

*Aggressive panting* I DID IT. *Pants* I’M HERE. *More panting* I MADE IT.

Tired Spongebob

PHEW. Guys. This book. Talk about action. From page one, this story kicks it into high gear and doesn’t let up. It feels like I just ran ten miles and I don’t even care because it was AMAZING. If you thought Dance of Thieves was awesome, just wait because this one packs an even bigger punch
Danielle Miller Euker
"Who will write our story, Jase? We will Kazi. You and I will write our own story..."

I am in love with Pearson's characters, in every way, in every book... The story of Kazi and Jase picks up on the road and I just want to keep reading. Pearson expertly uses figurative language and imagery to help the reader continue on the journey with Jase and Kazi every step of the way. The story of our main characters keeps us entranced and engaged the entire story and we love the even more.

"But then I hear
Janus the Erudite Artist
Beautifully written as expected from Mary E. Pearson. Review to follow.
Margaret Schoen
This is a review of an ARC from Edelweiss.

In the second book in the Dance of Thieves series, Queen's guard Kazi is returning to Tor's Watch with Jase Ballenger, the patrei of the Watch, once her prisoner, and now her love. She's worried about earning his family's acceptance after she kidnapped him to bring him to justice for harboring fugitives from her kingdom. But greater threats emerge, putting not just his home, but all the kingdoms at risk.

This is definitely a "second book in a series" book
Teresa Jensen
Mar 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: net-galley
After dragging Jase from his home to stand trial before the queen, Kazi knows his family will not welcome her back with open arms. Even if the two of them are in love and committed to forever.
Kazi is more afraid of Jase’s family than she is of Death who stalks her.

On their way to Tor’s Watch, Kazi and Jase are ambushed and separated. Kazi is taken to Tor’s Watch where she sees the destruction wrought by their unseen enemy. The cathedral is in ruins. Soldiers are everywhere and Jase’s family is i
Ashley Nikole
So...Vow of Thieves has been handed off to be written by someone else? HOW IS THAT LEGAL...
description
Source--Vow of Thieves Description: "Kate Farrell at Henry Holt has acquired Mary E Pearson's Dance of Thieves in a two-book deal."
Yolanda
Jul 20, 2019 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
**Will be posted on July 24, 2019 on my blog http://pastmidnight.home.blog**

Thank you to Henry Holt & Co and NetGalley for giving me the opportunity to read this eArc.

This book wrecked me but in a good way! I had anxiety, heart palpitations and I even cried a few times! Was I expecting any of that? NO.

Vow of Thieves continues right after the last chapter and harrowing cliff-hanger from Dance of Thieves. Kazi and Jase return to Tor’s Watch and what greets them is unexpected. From then on, it
Olivia Farr
Jun 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: yabc-reviews
Find my full review here: http://www.yabookscentral.com/yaficti...

VOW OF THIEVES is a thrilling end to a wonderful spin-off YA fantasy. Although a spin-off series from the Remnant Chronicles, this duology has a different feel and certainly stands on its own rights. We are also introduced to different parts of this world that give their own flavor to the book. In the first book, we were introduced to Kazimyrah (Kazi), a very talented thief who is also called Ten because she has never been caught
Mighty
Jul 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I received and ARC for this book in a Goodreads giveaway. Regardless, I liked Mary E. Pearson's first series in this world (Remnant Chronicles - and really liked the first and only somewhat liked the others in that series), so I wasn't waiting to read any more of her books. Then this book landed on my shelf. I quickly read the first book (Dance of Thieves) and really liked it. However I was worried that this book would be a let-down somewhat like the Remnant Chronicles was a let-down (overly ann ...more
bjneary
Thank you to NetGalley and Macmillan Children’s Publishing Group and Henry Holt and Co. (BYR) for the Advance Reader Copy Vow of Thieves (Dance of Thieves #2) by Mary E. Pearson (writer extraordinaire!!!) in exchange for an honest review. I am so thankful to have received the first book in this duology, Dance of Thieves and NOW I am honored to have read this second awesome romance/fantasy! Teens will LOVE this series (I also recommend they read The Remnant Chronicles series too) there is so much ...more
Jen
Apr 26, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Initially, this follow up to Dance of Thieves was a little hard to catch up on as it had been awhile since I finished the first in this series. I would have liked a little reminder of the mission Kazi was on for Queen Lia to help set the scene, but the book jumps right into the return trip.

I had to do a little backtracking here to remember (it was a couple of hundred books ago). Kazi and Jase have good news to share when they return to Tor's Watch. The Ballengers will no longer be considered out
Kelly Wilson
May 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I received an ARC of this book from Netgalley and the publisher in exchange for an honest review.

Wow. Just wow. Mary Pearson has just become one of my favorite authors after reading this book. It really puts the perfect punctuation on the end of a thrilling universe.
Person truly has a gift for story-telling. She kept me guessing at every turn, and is especially masterful at withholding bits of important information until the right moment. Her writing style makes you continue to yearn for more.
Elizabeth
Jul 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I’m torn with this one! First and foremost I am EXCITED to read it! With that said, I am a bit tired of these ( as in the last few years worth of trilogies I have read) trilogies constantly tearing main characters apart. I need an author to come up with more of a unique plot that does not follow the pattern of:

Book one: main characters goes through torture/ turmoil both intrinsic and external. Eventually, they either get together, one dies and stays dead, or one dies and somehow comes back to l
Emily
Jul 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love Mary E. Pearson’s Remnant Chronicles, and I loved Dance of Thieves—I devoured it in one sitting when it came out. When I got an ARC for “Vow of Thieves”, I was ecstatic, but I should’ve re-read “Dance of Thieves” before jumping in. I had completely forgot a lot of side characters who were important, and some background information that became vital in understanding the plot. Aside from my own terrible memory, the book was still absolutely amazing.

“Vow of Thieves” picks up right where “Dan
Kristen
Jul 18, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: tbr
“It doesn’t always take an army to save the world. Sometimes it takes just one person who won’t let evil win” - Page 6
After reading Dance of Thieves in one day I was really looking forward to the sequel. I had trouble getting into Vow of Thieves and kept putting it down and had to really apply myself to reading it. It took almost 200 pages before it really got going but once it did I finished it in a matter of hours.
The villain was someone I thought was a throw-away character in the first book,
Kassie langheld
I can't believe that this world has come to a close. This world will forever be one of my favorite ya fantasy worlds out there. Pearson really takes you to a whole now world when she writes and she did not fail here. The world of Kazi's and Jase's lives is just so beautifully writen and different. Their romance grows so much throughout this book even if that was even possible after how close they became in Dance of thieves.
This book has so many twist and turns and it keeps you on your toes the
Amber Blankenship
If you want the story of The Remnant Chronicles but the pain of Kingdom of Ash, this book is for you. Or if you’re into a damsel in distress but with a thieving warrior female that exudes strength and caution but still needs help from the man she loves story then this is also, definitely, for you too.

Mary Pearson vividly writes a love story between friends, family, and couples, then flourishes a plot that makes the book impossible to put down. It starts off right after Dance of Thieves, and answ

• The Midnight Lie
  • When She Reigns (Fallen Isles, #3)
  • Untitled (Courting Darkness Duology, #2)
  • Untitled (The Witchlands, #5)
  • The Half King (Untitled, #1)
  • Thornlight
  • Bid My Soul Farewell (Give the Dark My Love, #2)
  • These Divided Shores (Stream Raiders, #2)
  • Untitled (Threads of Power, #2)
  • The Last Hope (The Raging Ones, #2)
  • Defy the Fates (Constellation, #3)
  • Night of the Dragon (Shadow of the Fox, #3)
  • Untitled (Nikolai Duology, #2)
  • Scorch Dragons (Elementals, #2)
  • Nameless Queen
  • The Silvered Serpents (The Gilded Wolves, #2)
  • Skyhunter
  • Tears of Frost (Heart of Thorns, #2)
Mary E. Pearson is the NYT bestselling and award-winning author of eleven YA novels and one novella. Her works include the completed trilogy, The Remnant Chronicles, which in a starred review, Publisher’s Weekly called “masterfully crafted.” Her favorite activities as a child were climbing tall trees imagining she was a hero in some fantastical world, or running along fence tops and roofs pretendi ...more

Dance of Thieves (2 books)
  • Dance of Thieves (Dance of Thieves, #1)