Start by marking “Be Still My Heart” as Want to Read:
Be Still My Heart

Be Still My Heart

(Be Still #1)

I’m just not good at relationships. I don’t even know if I know how to love a man or worse yet, how to be loved by one. I made the decision a long time ago that I was just better off alone. Even when I was with my ex, I was alone. That’s all I know. No one has ever really understood me, or maybe I just never let anyone in? That is until, I met Kris August, actor, musician, ...more
Published November 26th 2018 by Independently published

To ask other readers questions about Be Still My Heart, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Be Still My Heart

Start your review of Be Still My Heart
Coco.V
Aug 04, 2019 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: freebie
FREE on Amazon today (8/4/2019)! ...more
M.B. Saul
Dec 16, 2018 rated it really liked it
J.L. Feaman's Be Still my Heart is a fun, easy, sexy read. The plot develops quickly but naturally, and is quick-paced with a good balance of dialogue, action, and sex. It is in these sex scenes where Feaman's writing really shines, with great intensity and emotion. The dynamic between a famous person and non-famous person worked well for creating believable moments of drama, tension, and insecurity. There are well-placed scenes of suspense and intrigue that break up the day-to-day and allow ...more
Valeen Robertson (Live Thru Books Blog)

When Amber is sent on assignment to cover a boy band reunion tour, she falls in lust with Kris, the charismatic lead singer. But, she can't figure out what he wants with her. He's a hot manwhore, so what's he doing flirting with her, a divorced mom in her 40s? But soon, the two are tumbling into something neither ever expected. How do they fall in love and keep it going while on tour?

I was surprised at how much I liked Be Still My Heart. Amber and Kris have surprising depth and their chemistry
ROMBookTalk
Jul 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

I have read a lot of rockstar romances over the years. I wanted someone new, and I stumbled on this diamond in the rough. This is the story of Kris and Amber. Amber is a journalist, that works for Fame, magazine that got assign to follow a 90s boy band reunion. Being divorced from a cheating verbal abuser, and always sacrificing herself to give the best childhood for her son, she has very low self esteem, and has lived a loveless life. Kris, the lead singer and actor, always seem happy with
Laila Viking
Nov 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
A well written story with nice storyline and plot. It has a different layout than usually and that was not really my thing. I would have prefered it was in chapters. That the story was in three parts and no chapters made the story a bit overwhelming at times. Long parts without really natural pauses. But that is only my opinion.
The characters have to develop and find themselves before they can be together and make it work. Some hurt and pain and crusual circumstances is thrown at them. Accidents
Kristin Nolan
Nov 29, 2018 rated it really liked it
This book is similar yet different. Overall, I'd recommend this book. When I first started reading this book it kind of reminded me of my childhood and going through the years to now and regards to 'The Backstreet Boys'. Then later on in the book it had brief similarities to '50 Shades of Grey', but it ended up being a story in itself. The only true thing I didn't like about the book is the fact that it has 3 parts, yet it ended in a cliffhanger!

I received a free copy of this book via Booksprout
Melissa Rowan
Nov 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
Nancy
Dec 02, 2018 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed reading Be Still My Heart. This was a quick read and the author did a great job developing the characters and the storyline. I wasn’t expecting the plot twist which was a nice surprise. I found myself laughing quite a few times while reading. I loved the fact that this book combines quite a few things in it and this makes it a book I can recommend.

Raine
Nov 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed reading Be Still My Heart. This was a quick read and the author did a great job developing the characters and the storyline. I wasn’t expecting the plot twist which was a nice surprise. I found myself laughing quite a few times while reading. This story had a little bit of everything which I love in a book.

Giofab21
Dec 02, 2018 rated it really liked it
I wasn't prepared for that cliffhanger and now I have to wait. Give me patience because I'm hooked to see how this plays out. Kris was not the person I expected, so he surprised me as well as Amber. The ending does have me questioning her, but I'm hoping that's what is expected. Is book two ready now?
Tanya
Dec 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
She has just come out of a bad relationship and she is not looking for anything serious again. She just want to get on with her life and she is not expecting to meet anyone. Then she meets him but he is famous. Can it ever work? See how they will get on

poppy
Nov 30, 2018 rated it really liked it
This was a good novella it is the first book I have read by this author and I am looking forward to reading more in the future it was well written and had a good plot with great twists to hold my interest, the only thing I did not really like was it being in parts instead of chapters but other than that I enjoyed it
Lynn Stifle
Nov 30, 2018 rated it really liked it
This book was easy to read and quite enjoyable. The storyline is well developed and there were surprising plot twists that captured my interest and the characters of Amber and Kris are interesting and likable. *The book does end in a cliffhanger * Overall I was enjoyed and recommend it.

Dec 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed his read. The layout is different than others but did not.really bother me. Enjoyable characters and interesting story premise. Cannot wait for the next one!

Karen
Dec 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
An intriguing romance story, it is in parts instead of chapters and it ends in a cliffhanger. Amazing chemistry with the characters. The plot is written well. It was a pleasure to read this book.
Coralee Corrigan
Loved it
Hanna
Dec 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this story, it was well written and had really great characters. The plot had plenty of twists and turns and it was very enjoyable.
Meggalla
Feb 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book!!! Couldn’t put it down!! The character development was awesome!! I’m invested for the journey!! The author really pulls you into the story right away!! Didn’t see the way it would play out and was left wanting more!!! Next book please!!!!!!!
Kathleen Bradbury (Bulfon)
Dec 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this book! It was fast paced and flowed nicely. The turn of events were done beautifully and the ending was terrific!
E. Molgaard
Nov 23, 2018 rated it really liked it
It took a little while for me to get into the the story but once I did I liked it. I wish it ended a little different and there was chapters instead of parts but that just a personal preference.
Julie Sherman
Apr 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Good start

This book is a good start to the series. It did leave you on a cliff and I'm hopping book two comes out.
The writing, story and characters are good. I do think the fall I f in love was a bit rushed but that's always apart of some romance book.
Nadea Croix
Dec 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A few unexpected circumstances and the scenes and characters are written with such realism pulls together beautifully.

Jen
Dec 02, 2018 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed reading this book. It has a great story which was sorta broken up into parts but it works. This was a quick and easy read for me which I enjoy, something to simply take you away. Of course this story is not all it seems and you the author has a surprise in there to keep you on your toes, I love those too! Only thing that kept me from giving this book all 5 stars is the cliffhanger ending. If you are not a fan of these, I understand as I am not either, then maybe hold out abit ...more
Amanda
Dec 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Amazing start of series.

I really enjoyed this fast paced ride. You get to know the characters and the story races through a sexy romance and relationship. It's not all sunshine and roses just like life and I love that. Can't wait to read the rest of the series when it's done.
Judy Churchill
I liked the story but the repeated sex scenes weren’t too creative. The love story was strong on its own.
Ana Patrascu
Jul 02, 2019 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: dnf
DNfed at 17% - I can't stand in-articulated/ babbling mess heroines. Maybe if this was YA and she was 16 but we have a grown up woman of 40 yo here!
Randi Greene
Nov 30, 2018
wayne koontz
Aug 04, 2019
Krista
Sep 20, 2019

• Barefoot with a Bad Boy (Barefoot Bay Undercover, #3; Barefoot Bay Universe, #14)
  • The Edge of Temptation (The Edge Series, #1)
  • Darling (Darling Devils, #1)
  • The Dilemma: The Philistine Heart (Book 2)
  • The Philistine Heart
  • CEO Daddy: a Crescent Cove Standalone
  • Scarred (Sailor's Grave #3)
  • One Percent of You
  • Holiday Hookup with the Rockstar: A Quirky. Flirty. Hot. Christmas Romance
  • Slow Ride (South Florida Riders, #2)
  • Shane Briggs (The Obsessed Alpha #2)
  • Surprise Baby for Christmas: A Secret Baby Romance
  • Lily's Homecoming Under Fire (Calla Lily Mystery  #1)
  • Unsteady in Love (Fairlane #3)
  • Sweet Victory (BTU Alumni, #3)
  • His Wonder Baby
  • Hard Rock Crush (Cherry Lips #1)
  • One More Song