Start by marking “A Christmas Date (First Comes Love #3)” as Want to Read:
A Christmas Date (First Comes Love #3)

A Christmas Date

(First Comes Love #3)

No one wants to be single at the holidays.

Even Little Miss Grinch, Nikki, a successful and independent woman, must face her bachelorette status at the most horrible time of the year.

December is her personal version of holly-jolly hell: a merry torture made of couples kissing at every corner, forced vacation days, and an inescapable family reunion.

And when her baby siste
Published October 25th 2018 by Pink Bloom Press

To ask other readers questions about A Christmas Date, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Christmas Date

Berit☀️✨
Oct 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2018, blog-tour
I absolutely adored and loved every single word in this book!

If you could see me you would see that I have a BIG smile on my face, I have found me another wonderful author! I love a book that completely engages you and captures your heart! The storyline in this book was not original, in fact it has been done many times before and the author even mentions that in the book... but these characters were so electric, they completely drew me in!

Nikki is not in the holiday mood, in fact she wouldn’t mi
Jennifer ~ TarHeelReader
4 super cute and funny stars to A Christmas Date! 🎄 🎄 🎄 🎄

After not being much of a holiday book reader in my reading life, this year, I’ve been on a spree of collecting holiday reads. A Christmas Date is a standout amongst the pack.

Nikki is not a fan of the holidays. Being single and independently so is hard this time of year. When she would rather be working, she is forced to take time off and observe how romantic everyone feels about Christmas.

Everything comes to a head wine Nikki’s sister
Melisa
Oct 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Oh how I LOVED this book! This is my first Camilla Isley book and I can’t wait to read all her others! I have been searching high and low for the perfect romcom and I’ve finally found it. Best Christmas book of the season!

Nikki is a successful, single career woman who is reluctantly going home for the holidays. After finally deciding that she’s had enough with her family questioning why she’s still single, she decides to take matters into her own hands.

I loved these characters and their antics a
Whispering Stories
Nov 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Book Reviewed by Stacey on www.whisperingstories.com

Nikki has been in love with Paul for many years since they were teenagers but when Paul started dating her younger sister Julia a couple of years ago she knew he was out of bounds forever and it broke her heart.

When her sister announces, just before Christmas, that the two are engaged Nikki puts on a brave face but is absolutely devastated. Then she learns that when she goes home to her parents for Christmas the loved-up Julia and Paul will be
DJ Sakata
Favorite Quotes:

Oh, come on… You sleep in the candy shop every night, and you want me to believe you’ve never thought of tasting the candies?

If Diego was a real boyfriend, and not one paid to endure my family, I’d be dying of shame at their ill-concealed eagerness. Mom and Julia look like wolfhounds with the scent of a bone fresh in their nostrils.

“Your mom and your old crone of an aunt always complain you’re never going to find a man. But I told them how wrong they were, and bet Dora a pie you
Dash fan
Nov 02, 2018 rated it really liked it
4☆ A Cosy Festive Romance.

First of all I want to start by saying how festive the cover is I love it, it sums up A Christmas Date.

A Christmas Date is the third book in the series, but my first book. I had absolutely no problem quickly settling into the story.

I really enjoyed reading this Warm, Cosy, feel good, light hearted Romp.
It had Romance, Fun, Family Drama, sibling rivalry, Mishaps, Sass, Fake Dates, Secrets, all around the Festive Season.

Nikki hates Christmas, but most of all she hates s
D.M.
Nov 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
So so good! I’m feeling the Christmas spirit in November and this is not like me. Camilla Isley won me over and I’m totally in love with my new book boyfriend Diego (Mr Perfect).

I’m a fan of fake relationships and this one is perfectly executed. Nikki is very successful in her career. She is not very lucky when it comes to love. In fact, her sister is dating the man of her dreams and Nikki just wants to get through the holidays unscathed. In the run-up to Christmas Nikki tries to avoid long con
Camilla Isley
This is my first Christmas story ... I hope it'll make you feel as warm and fuzzy as a hot chocolate sprinkled with marshmallows. It's a book filled with plenty of holidays spirit, good and bad family behaviors, a fake boyfriend, kittens, and lots of snow, humor, and romance ....

Holiday Romance
Get it wherever books are sold:
Amazon

Happy Reading!

Love,
Camilla
Tasha and Megan Mahoney
Beautifully written with wit, humour, romance and festive high jinx. A Christmas Date was a real festive treat that I enjoyed from page one. (The parent guilt trip! – Yep, been there!) To the wonderful ending.

I guess that this is a festive trope that will never grow old for me and I love new twists on it. What I go here was a refreshingly funny – I mean really funny- tale. The stressful family Christmas situation, the embarrassment and the arguments that end up being less awful than was expected
Finitha Jose
Oct 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
If you are thinking what I think, then you guessed it right. This is the textual Christmas version of 'The Wedding Date', but far better than the original book 'Asking for Trouble' of which the movie is based. So we could pretty much see the story through the blurb itself, but that won't deter the reading pleasure a bit. After all, this is a different setting, different girl and if you can visualise someone better looking than Dermot Mulroney, well, then we have a too good to be true hero in our ...more
Irena
Oct 31, 2018 rated it really liked it
First of all, I think this book has the longest synopsis ever, so I won’t repeat what it is about, just read them if you’re interested (or don’t if you’re like me, and like to go into books blind).

Camilla Isley is the author who’s books I noticed before and some of them are on my tbr list, but I still didn’t read them for one reason or another (you know how it goes, too many books, so little time and similar excuses).
When I saw her email in my mailbox I was surprised, to say the least. I always
Rachel Gilbey
Oct 07, 2018 rated it really liked it
I had been a bit worried going into reading this that I had read something in theory similar sounding only a few months ago, and was worried I wouldn't find this particularly original as a result.

Well I was completely wrong - ok the hiring of a fake date for whatever reason has been done before and the book even makes a point of referencing some films where that is the case in it - so although you are going into this with a fairly good idea of how it may all end up - the journey is still incred
Katiria
Nov 29, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: favorites-books
*** OMGosh this book was a really fun and great Christmas book that I absolutely love and adore! Review To Come Up Soon! ***
Els
Oct 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
This book is the third part of a series, but even though I have not read the other ones, I did not have any difficulty in picking up the story.

Although Nikki is not really keen on Christmas, this year she might receive more than she bargained for or will it all go up in smoke?

I truely enjoyed this book. It's funny, it's playful but it also has a more serious underlayer about rekindling certain relationships and revelations.

Winter is slowly creeping up on us as well, so if you want to shut the wo
Heidi
Nov 25, 2018 rated it really liked it
Four stars: A funny holiday tale with some hilarious developments.

Nikki hates the holiday season, especially since a trip home is looming over her head. She keeps trying to avoid her mother and sister, but then her sister, Julia, shows up wanting to take her to lunch. Things go from bad to the worst when Julia brings Paul, Nikki’s best friend from college, whom she has been crushing on for years. Over lunch, Julia and Paul announce their engagement. The prospect of the holidays just got a whole
Kayla
Nov 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: kindle-books
Yes!! I can totally relate to Nikki - being single during the holidays is rough, especially when you have to deal with your family putting pressure on you to get married. Fortunately for me, I am an only child so I don't have to deal with a younger sibling getting engaged/married before me or dating my crush - unlike Nikki. This book had me chuckling and loving Diego - where can I find my Diego? A festive read for a holiday weekend!
Emma
I loved everything about this book. Yes, the fake-boyfriend story has been done a million times already but Camilla has a way of taking an old trope and make it fresh and exciting and witty to boot!

The story was hilarious, and Nikki was a wonderful protagonist. I could identify with her so easily, and the best part was that she was able to admit her imperfections (especially to her best friend Blair--they really have the perfect friendship) and still go over the top a little with her crazy solut
ItaPixie
Jul 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 5-stars

It was too long since I've read a new chick-lit written by Camilla Isley, this book just refreshed my memory and her fabulous writing style enchanted me once again.

Nikki,our heroine,is a smart and successful businesswoman but she's dreading to go home alone this Christmas because she doesn't want to be pitied by her family so she hires a beautiful guy to be her fake boyfriend for the week,easy peasy,right?But she didn't remember that Christmas is a magic time and sometimes also the unthinkable

Alison
Nov 02, 2018 rated it really liked it
Yes it’s another Christmas book, there is always the danger that once you have read one ‘Festive’ book for the season that they will all become to sound, look, read the same. I mean how many different angles can they take? Add into that, the story line of dating or faking, it’s not a new notion either.

But do you know what … why I actually overlooked all those aspects? It’s because it’s Camilla Isley. And Camilla has a delightful way of telling a story and reeling the reader in with her cute but
Carol***BeautyandtheBeastlyBooks
***ARC received in exchange of an honest opinion***

This book delivers everything it’s supposed to and I was left very satisfied with reading it.

The Christmas Date was a sweet, feel good romance novel and I quite enjoyed it!
Donna Maguire

I loved this book, I thought the story was lovely and it was a really fun one to read!

The setting was great and I loved the characters, they worked really well together and I enjoyed getting to know them. The story has a great flow and it is a very easy one to read and took me just a few hours.

I didn’t realise at the time that this is the third book in the series, but it reads absolutely fine as a stand alone, and I haven’t read the two previous books myse
Sheena
Nov 26, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: wishlist, chick-lit
Cute, Fast, Christmassy read. This is the first book I've read by Ms Isley and am looking forward to checking out her other novels including the first two in this series.
Maryline M's Bookshelf
Oct 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This review was first published at M's Bookshelf - http://mssbookshelf.blogspot.com

What an absolute must-read this holiday season! 'A Christmas Date' is the third installment in Camilla Isley's 'First Comes Love' series, but not having read the previous two myself, I can honestly say it can easily be read as a stand alone novel. Although, like me, I'm sure you'll be wanting to read those previous two the second you finish this one.

Starting the story off with a hired fake boyfriend, this could ha
Mila Scott
Nov 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The perfect holidays read. This book was sweet and hot like a hot chocolate with marshmallows...

There were family shenanigans, bickering, cute moments, a lovable protagonist, a dashing leading man, a great love story, the perfect best friend, and a full cast of adorable pets, all wrapped up in the Christmas sparkle...

I adored everything about this book!
Kelly Schnorrbusch
This was such a fun little romance. I love the Rent-A-Date trope and if loving it is wrong, I don’t wanna be right! If those made for TV holiday movies are a little too much for you, try this book instead. It captures the spirit of the holiday season, but leaves out the ugly Christmas sweaters, lessons from a wise, old villager, and the shrill voices of former child actors.

Nikki is in love with her old friend Paul, who has been dating her younger sister Julia for 2 years when Julia announces th
Anniek
Oct 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Nikki isn't a fan of the Christmas season. Her boss always closes the company during the Christmas holidays, thus leaving her no excuse to not be with her family. Ever since she met Paul in college Nikki secretly has a crush on him. Even when he was off limits because he was dating her sister Julia, her feelings for him didn't go away. When Julia tells Nikki that she and Paul are engaged and that he'll be spending the holidays with their family, Nikki has no idea how she is going to survive the ...more
Charanya
Oct 25, 2018 rated it really liked it

I have read every single book by Camilla Isley, can't say that for any other author, except for maybe Rowling. Camilla has the ability to weave a heart melting romantic comedy even if you know there are going to be standard tropes. So much so that every new book comes through I inhale them at feverish speed. "A Christmas Date" was no exception, this romantic comedy trope is fairly tried and tested in movies and other books but still the author breathes fresh air into it. You know how
booksofallkinds
Nov 01, 2018 rated it really liked it
After a slightly hectic day, I decided to pick up A CHRISTMAS DATE by Camilla Isley and I am so glad I did because it really made me smile and relax.

Nikki has a successful career that she works really hard at and close friends that she adores but with the Christmas holidays at home with her family looming, she is definitely not in the Christmas spirit. Nikki loves her family but it's hard having to listen about her perfect sister and her perfect fiancé - the guy who used to be her best friend a
Caroline Venables
Nov 01, 2018 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this book.  It is the first I have read by Camilla Isley, but I really enjoyed her style of writing.  The story flowed flawlessly and I was interested to see how Nikki managed to cope with her overpowering parents and attention seeking sister, at the most stressful time of the year.
The story starts as Nikki is dreading Christmas and spending time with her family and her gloating sister, who is thrilled that Nikki’s one true love has proposed to her.  Her only friend Blair is als
Elizabeth
Nov 30, 2018 rated it really liked it
'Tis the season! This is my first holiday book of the season. I had not read the first two in the series, but I don't think it was a problem. This novel stood on it's own just fine!

I enjoyed it a lot. The plot was a bit predictable and, as a reader, I knew exactly where it was headed, but I liked all the characters and I really enjoyed the story. The play between the sisters was especially cute. Those of us who have sisters can relate.

Thank you to Kobo Writing Life and Pink Ink Press for the opp
  • No One Cancels Christmas
  • Annie's Christmas by the Sea
  • The Age of Not Believing- A Christmas Tale
  • All I want for Christmas
  • Snowflake Wishes (Echo Lake, #0.5)
  • Young Enough (The Age Between Us, #2)
  • The Santa Thief
  • The Christmas Elf
  • Christmas at Hope Cottage
  • The House of the Soul: A Novel
  • Wish Upon A Christmas Cake
  • Snowbound With A Stranger
  • Homecoming in Christmas Falls (Return to Christmas Falls #1)
Camilla is an engineer turned writer after she quit her job to follow her husband on an adventure abroad.
She’s a cat lover, coffee addict, and shoe hoarder. Besides writing, she loves reading—duh!—cooking, watching bad TV, and going to the movies—popcorn, please. She’s a bit of a foodie, nothing too serious. A keen traveler, Camilla knows mosquitoes play a role in the ecosystem, and she doesn’t wa

First Comes Love (5 books)
  • Love Connection
  • I Have Never (First Comes Love, #2)
  • To the Stars and Back (First Comes Love #4)
  • Untitled (First Comes Love #5)