Start by marking “Screen Queens” as Want to Read:
Screen Queens

Screen Queens

The Bold Type meets The Social Network when three girls vying for prestigious summer internships through a startup incubator program uncover the truth about what it means to succeed in the male-dominated world of tech.

This summer Silicon Valley is a girls' club.

Three thousand applicants. An acceptance rate of two percent. A dream internship for the winning team. ValleyStar
Published June 11th 2019 by Razorbill

To ask other readers questions about Screen Queens, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Screen Queens

Sara (A Gingerly Review)
Feb 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2019, physical-2019

I had an idea of where this book was headed early on but still reading it shocked me. It pissed me off but in a good way (it'll make sense once you read the book!). If you don't walk away feeling empowered, you might be broken.

FRTC
Greyson Richter | Use Your Words
you had me at The Bold Type!!!!!
JANELLE || WHATSHESEEES
Jun 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Huge thanks to BookSparks for sending me a free copy of Screen Queens along with some bookish swag for having me as an event Ambassador tomorrow (June 12th) @7pm at Porter Square Books in Cambridge, Ma - I'm super excited to be a part of it and meet the author along with two fellow Bookstagrammers who I'm meeting and doing the event with!!

This book was a super fast read for me and took me about 2/3 days to finish.
I also read this book as a buddy read with the other BookSharks that will be joinin
Jenn
Dec 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
God, this book made me SO ANGRY but in the best way. I'm not even in tech, but reading this book still felt cathartic. I wish I'd had the opportunity to read it as a teen, back before I could relate to so very much of it. Screen Queens touches on so many issues of feminism without getting didactic and above and beyond all that, it's just a blast to read. Loved it.
Lauren R.
So good, so much girl power. I feel like it took me a little while to get into this for some reason, and warm up to everything/everyone. However, once it got rolling, I was hooked. It's the kind of book that makes you mad at how the world is but allows for the right celebration and hope for change at the end. Highly recommend, especially to girls who work in male-dominated fields.
Michelle (Firstbooklove)
(I received a free eARC from Netgalley and Fantastic flying book club for a voluntary and honest review. All thoughts and opinions are my own)

Book review: Screen Queens by Lori Goldstein (3 stars)

Screen Queens by Lori Goldstein
Genre: YA, Contemporary, Romance
Rating: 3/5 stars

(Review)
(DISCLAIMER: All thoughts and opinions are my own.)

(Synopsis from Goodreads)

The Bold Type meets The Social Network when three girls vying for prestigious summer internships through a startup incubator program uncover
Kat
Mar 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
* Thank you to Penguin Teen Canada for the advanced copy in exchange for my honest review *

ACTUAL: 4.25/5 stars

Wow, this one really surprised me. Sure, I expected some girl drama, some rivalry, and some romance, but Screen Queens went further to share the challenges of females in STEM industries. It's a topic that is not highlighted in novels very much, but totally should be. The underlying serious of certain parts were bold and written well.

The characters were unique, each with their own person
Delaney Morgan
Mar 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
THIS BOOK. I loved this book so much. The plot, was honestly so interesting. I was super invested in how their app was doing. Was it going to work? Were they going to get it done in time? And the process that they went through of developing the app was really interesting. I adored the friendship between the three girls; especially the fact that they didn't start out friends. They are all very different people, but over time, as they met adversity together, and began to collaborate together, they ...more
Chandler Baker
Dec 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Sassy and fun. I was lucky enough to read an early copy and this book made me cheer for sisterhood. The future is definitely female!
Reg Mars
So I'm not sure what really made me decide to do the blog tour for this book. I think part of it was the cover, I do enjoy friend group books. I also think the title drew me in as well. Also the topic of girls in the tech industry is not something I really see in books so I wanted to dive more into that. I do have to say I ended up enjoying this book more than I thought I would.

So the story is about three girls, Lucy, Maddie, and Delia. They are the first ever all female team that could win this
Maura
Jun 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
4.5 stars. I received an ARC of this book in exchange for promoting and attending the book's launch event. It was a lot of fun hearing Lori Goldstein discuss her writing process, and of course I loved having my book signed! Screen Queens follows three high school girls who are accepted into an exclusive tech incubator competition in Silicon Valley. Lucy, Maddie, and Delia couldn't be more different, but when they end up being stuck together as roommates and teammates, they need to learn to work ...more
Claire
May 26, 2019 rated it liked it
I always enjoy stories about girls in code, and Screen Queens revealed some of the challenges women face in the tech industry. It was hard to read at times—I wasn’t a huge fan of the characters in the beginning, though they did grow on me in the end—and the actual events and manipulation frustrated me. But, I think this book is important for people to read, to realize what women in tech put up with.
Jina
Jun 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
The Bold Type meets Tech, all for it! It took me a while to get into the book and characters but once I did, I couldn't stop reading. In the end made my heart happy and made me again see how important voices are- I am woman hear me roar!
Crossroads Library
Mar 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
Actual Rating: 4 stars

It’s a good book. It’s a necessary book. It just wasn’t my favorite book that I’ve read about women in the tech industry. (Every time I read any statistics about it I get sad and mad all over again, so this book definitely serves its purpose in that aspect.)

-Kelli
Herminia Chow
May 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
About the book: Lucy, Maddie, and Delia find themselves on the same team for an incubator competition where they have to build an app.

I received an advanced review copy from Penguin Random House in exchange for an honest review.

First impressions: The cover is beautiful, and I like the title. I was intrigued by the premise.

Characters: The three protagonists are great, and all of them grew on me. Lucy is a leader who believes in working and playing hard. Maddie’s a designer who didn’t expect to ma
Taylor (Frayed Books)

rtc
Brianna Westervelt
May 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arcs
A timely, Silicon Valley-set YA novel for the #MeToo era. Also, young women in tech is something you don't see a lot of, especially in YA. We definitely need more of this.
Janatee (Jaclyn B)
May 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
This story touches on the harsh realities faced by women in STEM fields, particularly Silicon Valley. Rather than overwhelming you with this big topic, it simply follows the stories of three high-school girls. Coming from wildly different background and families from all across the country, they find themselves on the same team in a prestigious tech incubator, where they learn how to work with one another to make something amazing. Satisfying my inner tech nerd, feminist, and fan of a good story ...more
Kelli Cross
Mar 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
This review is posted on both my personal account and the account for Crossroads Public Library.

Fareya

• Happily and Madly
  • Dangerous Alliance
  • Raincheck on Timbuktu
  • Hearts Made for Breaking
Author of SCREEN QUEENS, coming from Razorbill, June 11, 2019, and available for preorder now (Amazon, Barnes and Noble, and IndieBound) about three teen girls who attend a startup incubator in Silicon Valley and learn what it means to compete in the male-dominated world of tech.

My Young Adult Contemporary Fantasy series Becoming Jinn and Circle of Jinn is a modern spin on the traditional tale of